How To Counter High Test And Estrogen?

tysono

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi,

I’m currently taking 0.5mg of dutasteride daily and my blood test shows I have high testosterone and high estrogen. dutasteride is the only thing that has worked for me for the past 3 years. I’ve used DIM however it makes me shed more hair and become moody. Does anyone know of any other supplements that can help to lower estrogen? Thanks.

Manochoice

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi,

I’m currently taking 0.5mg of dutasteride daily and my blood test shows I have high testosterone and high estrogen. dutasteride is the only thing that has worked for me for the past 3 years. I’ve used DIM however it makes me shed more hair and become moody. Does anyone know of any other supplements that can help to lower estrogen? Thanks.
Clomid? And on top try to steer away from environmental estrogen exposure.

tysono

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I was looking for anything that I could use that is a little more natural, rather than prescription meds

Manochoice

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

frank1980

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi,

What are the numbers

abcdefg

Reaction score
Hi,

This is basically what you would expect to happen right? I guess my question is why is this a problem for you? If your not having sides who really cares what your hormone levels are at. You might live 50 years with high levels and be perfectly fine. They are just numbers that arguably no one really knows what they mean or if its good or bad for them to be high or low.
Maybe your levels used to be low and now are normal. The "normal' range is still pretty subjective

frank1980

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi,

Also, you are 21. That is a man's highest test levels.

frank1980

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi,

Also, one final question. Did you take a blood test prior to dutasteride?

tysono

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What are the numbers
All I can remember was that it was 20 (mg?) higher than the highest range. Same with test. I think est was maybe 180?? I’m not too sure how numbers work in regards to hormones

tysono

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This is basically what you would expect to happen right? I guess my question is why is this a problem for you? If your not having sides who really cares what your hormone levels are at. You might live 50 years with high levels and be perfectly fine. They are just numbers that arguably no one really knows what they mean or if its good or bad for them to be high or low.
Maybe your levels used to be low and now are normal. The "normal' range is still pretty subjective
The sides I get are mood swings, weaker erections, feeling bloated etc.
All to do with high estrogen

tysono

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Was just wondering if anyone knew of any supplements (other than dim or grapeseed) that help with erection quality and even memory/brain fog?

frank1980

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Was just wondering if anyone knew of any supplements (other than dim or grapeseed) that help with erection quality and even memory/brain fog?
Are you looking to lower estrogen? Ginseng helps with erection quality

Maave

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Disclaimer: I have not tried any of this crap, I'm just an internet scientist and I've avoided 5ar-inhibitors because I like my neurosteroids

Summary from wikipedia:
Neurosteroids like 3α-androstanediol (derived from DHT) and allopregnanolone (derived from progesterone) activate the GABA A receptor in the brain; because finasteride prevents the formation of neurosteroids, it functions as a neurosteroidogenesis inhibitor and may contribute to a reduction of GABA A activity. Reduction of GABA A receptor activation by these neurosteroids has been implicated in depression, anxiety, and sexual dysfunction

Plain GABA supplements do not readily cross the blood-brain barrier but there are a few like phenibut or picamilon which do. This can cause dependency, tolerance, and withdrawl so be careful.

Also check out simple supplements that are the precusors to GABA like zinc and b6. There's a good amount of discussion of GABA on nootropics boards. Check out this reddit thread:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Nootropics/comments/5n6mbb/best_nutrients_to_increase_gaba_production/

There's also this guy who had similar issues with low GABA (not from finasteride) and supplemented pregnenolone to help his body produce allopregnanolone. The downside is that this probably won't work while you're on finasteride. It might help PFS guys though

https://www.reddit.com/r/Nootropics/comments/78ru5e/comment/dowhxe5

abcdefg

Reaction score
Disclaimer: I have not tried any of this crap, I'm just an internet scientist and I've avoided 5ar-inhibitors because I like my neurosteroids

Summary from wikipedia:

Plain GABA supplements do not readily cross the blood-brain barrier but there are a few like phenibut or picamilon which do. This can cause dependency, tolerance, and withdrawl so be careful.

Also check out simple supplements that are the precusors to GABA like zinc and b6. There's a good amount of discussion of GABA on nootropics boards. Check out this reddit thread:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Nootropics/comments/5n6mbb/best_nutrients_to_increase_gaba_production/

There's also this guy who had similar issues with low GABA (not from finasteride) and supplemented pregnenolone to help his body produce allopregnanolone. The downside is that this probably won't work while you're on finasteride. It might help PFS guys though

https://www.reddit.com/r/Nootropics/comments/78ru5e/comment/dowhxe5

What is a normal level of these neurosteroids? Are changes dose dependant? Im guessing we probably dont know. I just wondered if some men are born with low levels of neurosteroids to begin with. They might not do anything in some people. I understand at the time of propecia no one knew it altered these. Fair enough, but why is no one or merck doing a quick study just to see what this means if its significant or not. I mean it doesnt sound that expensive or hard to check. Millions of men are using it for decades plenty of results
When people mention some sides of finasteride like brain fog I feel like I felt that way my whole life.

Maave

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What is a normal level of these neurosteroids? Are changes dose dependant? Im guessing we probably dont know. I just wondered if some men are born with low levels of neurosteroids to begin with. They might not do anything in some people. I understand at the time of propecia no one knew it altered these. Fair enough, but why is no one or merck doing a quick study just to see what this means if its significant or not. I mean it doesnt sound that expensive or hard to check. Millions of men are using it for decades plenty of results
When people mention some sides of finasteride like brain fog I feel like I felt that way my whole life.
It has been studied a bit.

See table 4 under Δ (II-I%) to see the percent change of each neurosteroid, it varies

https://pdfs.semanticscholar.org/cfbb/6e441d2f878a71ba13a2ecaf70c4b7a43394.pdf

Arrade

My Regimen
Reaction score
All I can remember was that it was 20 (mg?) higher than the highest range. Same with test. I think est was maybe 180?? I’m not too sure how numbers work in regards to hormones
Google “excess estrogen”

The ideal range for health is typically listed at 18-30, over 100 could cause bloating, cardiovascular disease, prostate cancer, several bad things. High test isn’t necessarily harmful

Maave

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Attachments

• Concentration of steroids before and after finasteride.png
    Concentration of steroids before and after finasteride.png
    93.1 KB · Views: 293

abcdefg

Reaction score
I lazily posted this from my phone last night, here's the table and column you want to look at. Allopregnanolone in particular is down 300% on average (1/3 - 1/4 it's original level). Allopregnanolone in the body is known to be an antidepressant and pro-sexual.

Do you think its dose dependant? Personally I think at this point its almost certain these changes lead to the depression and other sides some men get.
On the other hand right now its take propecia or go bald. I thought about taking .125mg could that help male pattern baldness a little but only reduce these different steroids a lot less than the 5mg they gave here?
Its a difficult choice, but honestly who wants to go bald? There is no finasteride alternative