How much time for workout?

swingline747

My Regimen
Reaction score
Swingline how many sets do you do per exercise? I have a similar split to you but seems to go over 45 minutes for the whole workout as for example I do 3 different bicep exercises and each one is 3-4 sets. I dunno maybe I am taking a long break between each set?

I superset everything. No real breaks. usually 2 sets per excersie at 10 reps. sometimes one.

I will do heavy curls on the preacher bench for 10 then pick up some light weights after that and do some other curls. I will usually grab the light weights after because you get much better form and it seems heavier after heavy lifting. Then I grab the chin up bar and do some lawnmower pulls.

Im probably doing at least 8 to 10 different exercises per body part (sometimes 2 sets) but its all super set. So I will eventually do some pull ups, then static curls, then chin ups or back pulls, then hammer curls, all right after the other.
I learned some really good exercises off my p90x vids.
Only time I actually break is when my halfass asthma hits and I cant breath.
At the end I will try to do my ab ripper x vid since it blasts the abs but is only 10 minutes.
Same thing with my chest/shoulders.
I have been slacking with my tris tho because my tendonitis and bones spurs in my elbows has flared REALLY bad lately. Think I might have to look into a cortizone shot soon.

I have to get back into my low carb diet, man I need that motivation. Living with someone and having to eat what they eat blows. I was in SUCH good shape when I lived on my own.

Wolf Pack

My Regimen
Reaction score
I superset everything. No real breaks. usually 2 sets per excersie at 10 reps. sometimes one.

I will do heavy curls on the preacher bench for 10 then pick up some light weights after that and do some other curls. I will usually grab the light weights after because you get much better form and it seems heavier after heavy lifting. Then I grab the chin up bar and do some lawnmower pulls.

Im probably doing at least 8 to 10 different exercises per body part (sometimes 2 sets) but its all super set. So I will eventually do some pull ups, then static curls, then chin ups or back pulls, then hammer curls, all right after the other.
I learned some really good exercises off my p90x vids.
Only time I actually break is when my halfass asthma hits and I cant breath.
At the end I will try to do my ab ripper x vid since it blasts the abs but is only 10 minutes.
Same thing with my chest/shoulders.
I have been slacking with my tris tho because my tendonitis and bones spurs in my elbows has flared REALLY bad lately. Think I might have to look into a cortizone shot soon.

I have to get back into my low carb diet, man I need that motivation. Living with someone and having to eat what they eat blows. I was in SUCH good shape when I lived on my own.

Thanks for the detail. I did rep you at the time!

Living with my gf makes me eat junk, but trying to control it.

I will be away from my gym area due to personal circumstances so will only have dumbbells for a bit. I am planning on experimenting with light weights, max 25 kg. I plan to do less sets but train to failure each time no matter how many reps. This might be good for me as I have some injuries through sport back in the day, shoulders and wrists are not too great.

swingline747

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for the detail. I did rep you at the time!

Living with my gf makes me eat junk, but trying to control it.

I will be away from my gym area due to personal circumstances so will only have dumbbells for a bit. I am planning on experimenting with light weights, max 25 kg. I plan to do less sets but train to failure each time no matter how many reps. This might be good for me as I have some injuries through sport back in the day, shoulders and wrists are not too great.

seriously all you need is p90x, dumbells (i have the adjustable ones) and some work out bands and youll be good. I knocked the routines at first but they are really good. Insanity by the same company is good to. Yeah I moved in with my GF a couple years ago and my eating took a hit. My physique went "plsssssssssssssst". you can actually find the routines listed online if you look so you dont even need to vids.

Mine is spanish so I had to teach her NOT to douse everything with a pound of carby rice. We dont eat as much pasta anymore. My diet is pretty strict but I have to get on the carb watching again.

Wolf Pack

My Regimen
Reaction score
seriously all you need is p90x, dumbells (i have the adjustable ones) and some work out bands and youll be good. I knocked the routines at first but they are really good. Insanity by the same company is good to. Yeah I moved in with my GF a couple years ago and my eating took a hit. My physique went "plsssssssssssssst". you can actually find the routines listed online if you look so you dont even need to vids.

Mine is spanish so I had to teach her NOT to douse everything with a pound of carby rice. We dont eat as much pasta anymore. My diet is pretty strict but I have to get on the carb watching again.

Oh I looked that workout up, looks tough but easy to follow. Just what you need, thanks, might give it a shot. LOL on asking her to cut the carbs in food, totally get that.

swingline747

My Regimen
Reaction score
Oh I looked that workout up, looks tough but easy to follow. Just what you need, thanks, might give it a shot. LOL on asking her to cut the carbs in food, totally get that.

Yeah I use the vids to break up my weight lifting between weeks and its a saver on vacation when all I have is a tablet with those routines loaded.

Wolf Pack

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah I use the vids to break up my weight lifting between weeks and its a saver on vacation when all I have is a tablet with those routines loaded.

I thought of Finasteride when you wrote tablet, think I am obsessed with my hair more since coming on this forum :gay2:

Notcoolanymore

Reaction score
I train one muscle group for 2-3 hours a day

Damn you are putting this much time in...you are going to be ripped.

swingline747

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey, just started working out, you guys tell me if I'll get anybigger in 6months time this way

Before workout I run 10minutes

I train one muscle group for 2-3 hours a day

After a workout I run 10 minutes

I eat twice as much as before(I eat alot of chicken and eggs)

Do I need to add any supplements? Whey?

You are over doing it

you may get a little but you will be working the ONE group so hard it will not recover in time, but everyone is different.

Also Dont start out eating more. You may be eating enough as it is and not know it.

The running before and after is a good idea, I run pre workout to get the heart rate up and stretch.

supplements are optional. I only take basic multi vitamans, nothing more, but they will of course in the right dosage be beneficial to the workout.

Just my 2 cents but instead of doubling up meals, Id just supplement with a protein shake with either soy milk or water.
Instead of working one group for 2 or 3 hours, do 2. Like I do biceps and back because the exercises actually work each other secondarily. Youd be better off doing some form of cardio on rest days.
Now if only i can follow my own advice again :(

swingline747

My Regimen
Reaction score
if hes over eating and still not burning more than hes taking in he will just get fat.
He should start working out with what hes eating now. Then take the results to know whether he needs to eat less, more or change his diet in some way. It depends on his metabolism.

Its better to supplement a meal with a protein shake if you REALLY must have the protein and calories.