How male pattern baldness Fooled Me Twice!!! (help Nevertheless Please....)

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
by the way do the ssri help you with your anxiety? i am really tempted to give it a shot , because i think about my hair every second of my life and this is hard.

IggyPop

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
no worry bro you look perfectly fine , if i could look like this at 30 i would be damn happy . but now hairloss is ruining my life , i have a receding hairline and this sucks . You only had diffuse thinning? no receding temple when you started?
I had recession, but it could have simply been a mature hairline. In the last months my right side receded a bit more.

In 7 years, new treatments should be out. I am really hoping for the Brotzu lotion.....

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
k so according to you if propecia doesnt work for me , duta will not be better ? And i have sides on propecia so i will have worse on duta

IggyPop

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
by the way do the ssri help you with your anxiety? i am really tempted to give it a shot , because i think about my hair every second of my life and this is hard.
No, it never really did. And I stopped taking SSRI a long time ago. I am currently taking Bupropion, it is an AD, but not an SSRI. I am gonna talk to my pschiatrist about stopping, because it also is doing nothing for me at all.
Actually, I had a wrong diagnosis all these years. I have just recently been diagnosed with ADHD, which has some similiar symptoms as psychotic disorders. So, I am currently also taking methylphenidate (active ingredient in ritalin).

IggyPop

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
k so according to you if propecia doesnt work for me , duta will not be better ? And i have sides on propecia so i will have worse on duta
I guess dutasteride maybe will work a bit better, but it will definetly give you more sides.

IggyPop

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Just a quick update: Shedding seems to have stopped/decreased drastically. I have to say, that (the remaining) hair feels better/healthier. I am now praying for regrowth/thickening. Hope it is not the minoxidil, since I have started to lower the dosage and plan to stop completly in a few months. I am soon gonna add Piroctone Olamine (powder) and apply it together with the Keto. Don´t expect any miracles from it, but it is very cheap, so.....

No sexual sides until now. Actually I am unsure, whether I have any sides.

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
good for you man, but you still have great hair . for me i am still in doubt about the fact of starting duta or not.

IggyPop

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
good for you man, but you still have great hair . for me i am still in doubt about the fact of starting duta or not.
Thx man, I think I have lost touch with reality in the last few months. I am totally unable to judge my hair. I am not even sure how much my hairline has changed in the last ten years.

My advice about your treatment with dutasteride would be, that there are no advices anyone give you. Some will praise it as miracle drug to others it is simply poison. You speak to ten dutasteride users and you get ten different opinions. I know, not very helpful, but I suppose it is the truth.

IggyPop

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So, in the last few days my shedding had decreased to almost zero. Even when shampooing I had at most one hair in my hands. Strange, since the DHT-itch is still there and it drives me nuts, particularly when it appears in my temples......But the last two days I lost a bit more again , also because I provoked it by rubbing my hands really hard against my hair while holding my head over a white paper.......(Damn, that must look ridiculous....) What ALL the shed hair had in common was that they looked rather healthy. Almost as thick as my terminal hair and what was even more strange: They ALL had about the same length, around 1cm, while my normal hair is like 2,5 cm at the moment.

That´s why I fear that I may have started to shed to some Minoxidil regrowth by lowering my dosage. Or maybe it is a small second minoxidil shed, before regrowing a really thick Terminal hair? I don´t know, but I have decided to up my Minoxidil dosage again. I have to risk some skin aging. I might take the Minoxidil until I am happy with my hair and then slowly start reducing the dosage again. So then I will know what really works. I have also started a more intense skin care regimen incl. Retin-A to counter minoxidil sides.

A good advice for newbies: For applications of my topicals I use a 1ml syringe with a blunt cannula, it works perfect for longer hair!

Last edited:

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
so you are still on minoxidil and dutasteride ? unfortunately for me propecia 5 mg give me a gyno, i hust had a scanner and they saw a gland , so i will have to cut my dose.

IggyPop

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
so you are still on minoxidil and dutasteride ? unfortunately for me propecia 5 mg give me a gyno, i hust had a scanner and they saw a gland , so i will have to cut my dose.
Yes, current regimen should show in my signature. (Actual RU dosage might be a bit lower...)

davesmith420

My Regimen
Reaction score
Why did you switch from finasteride to dutasteride so early? Were you losing ground?

IggyPop

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes, and also because the DHT itch didn´t stop. I didn´t really switch, I added it. I am gonna stick with Finasteride. I don´t wanna blame myself in a few months that I didn´t everything I could have done. I might drop it again in a few months and see, how my hair is gonna react. Btw. I wanted to make an update, but it is too depressing, "hair" looks terrible. The Brotzu lotion is my only hope.......

lifewithouthair

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey Iggypop, read your thread right now. What brand of dutasteride/finasteride are you using. I am also on generics, I'm especially interested in what dutasteride generic you use.

IggyPop

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Fincar/Veltride

IggyPop

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think it is still getting worse......:
3 months ago:
September Crown Flash.jpg September Crown.jpg
Now (hair at crown is a bit longer!):
December Crown Flash.jpg December Crown.jpg

What also bothers me is, that my hair has that ugly dried out/DHT-damaged appearance. Gives me little hope for the future. I have just ordered a new hat.......

Last edited:

davesmith420

My Regimen
Reaction score
IMO your hair looks the same to me man

IggyPop

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I was just looking at some old hair pics. These one gave me hope:2006.jpg2008.jpg

Looks like I managed to regrow my temples when I first started treatments and I didn´t even use RU back then. Also note, how my hair colour had changed!!!

This one is about 4 months after starting treatment, where I got brutally hit by a Finasteride Shed:
2006_2.jpg
dutasteride + minoxidil:
2008_2.jpg
Note how the hairs in the first pic didn´t even stand up and how narrow my forehead had become in the second pic. I never even realized what a great hairline I had......:(

P.S.: You have to keep in mind that in the first pic with gel, the forehead is partly covered, because the hairs were too week to get spiked up. Here is another pic after the Finasteride shed:
2006_3.jpg

Keep in mind that the angle is different, because I am holding my head back, making my forehead look bigger than it really is, but I guess we agree that there was a really good improvement in the second pic with gel.....

Last edited:

dralex

My Regimen
Reaction score
I was just looking at some old hair pics. These one gave me hope:View attachment 45891View attachment 45892

Looks like I managed to regrow my temples when I first started treatments and I didn´t even use RU back then.

This one is about 4 months after starting treatment, where I got brutally hit by a Finasteride Shed:
View attachment 45893
dutasteride + minoxidil:
View attachment 45894
Note how the hairs in the first pic didn´t even stand up and how narrow my forehead had become in the second pic. I never even realized what a great hairline I had......:(

P.S.: You have to keep in mind that in the first pic with gel, the forehead is partly covered, because the hairs were too week to get spiked up. Here is another pic after the Finasteride shed:
View attachment 45895

Keep in mind that the angle is different, because I am holding my head back, making my forehead look bigger than it really is, but I guess we agree that there was a really good improvement in the second pic with gel.....
Are you sure you are even losing hair? I would kill for your hair and I'm only 22. I think you're freaking out over nothing.

IggyPop

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Are you sure you are even losing hair? I would kill for your hair and I'm only 22. I think you're freaking out over nothing.
What do you mean?These are old pics from 2006/2008. When I started treatment in 2006, my hairloss was confirmed by 2 different derms. You can also see how my hair had improved after starting treatment.