How male pattern baldness Fooled Me Twice!!! (help Nevertheless Please....)

IggyPop

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello guys,

I must be the biggest fool posting at HairLossTalk.com and do not really deserve to have hair, nevertheless you may have sympathy with a sinner……

It is complicated, short version: Neglected regimen and hair is now looking worse than ever.

late 2004: started increased shedding at the age of 22

July 2006: After the denial phase (and terrible diffusing) I had accepted the reality and jumped on finasteride. I was about Norwood 1-1.5

Somewhen in 2007: I switched to Avodart and added Minoxidil

2008: I didn´t think about hair loss very much, since I had other problems in my life. But looking back at pics from that time, my hair looked very healthy again

2009: Noticed increased shedding, but this went by, my hair had become worse, but not really noticeable. As time passed by, increased shedding phase would come and go. I got used to it.

2010?: I dropped dutasteride and went back on finasteride. I had no real side effects, but just to be sure. I didn´t notice any significant change.

2011: Hair looked bad

2013: Hair looked very thick again. Don´t know why, but I wasn´t really consistend with minoxidil applications over the time, only using the foam a few times a week without being really rigorous, but when I started to take things seriously, my hair may have thickened up. But maybe it is just all in my head, and minoxidil did basically nothing for me the way I used it.

2014/2015: Life had become a rollercoaster: Severe emotional stress followed by wonderful experiences over a very long time. Looking back at pics, the hair look very good nevertheless. I didn´t really think about it anymore and became more and more incosistent with my regimen.

2016: Severe emotional stress and made me become even lazier with my regimen, maybe taking both Finasteride and Foam at most once or twice a week. I started shedding badly in spring, didn´t take it really serious at first, since I had become used to these shedding phases, but when they didn´t go by and felt that tingling on my head, which I had also felt before I had started treatment around 2006. I became a bit more consistent again. Sad fact: I was really losing badly, and I was in the same denial phase I was already ten years ago. A few weeks ago I finally accepted the truth, that I had started thinning badly again.

From now on I had become really consistent with my applications using 1.25mg finasteride, 2 x Liquid minoxidil a dayand Ket 2-3 times a week.

Nevertheless the damage is done, the density has become really ridiculous. One can see scalp all over my head. I have become a hat prisoner. I have DUTA, meaning that I am also thinning badly on my sides and partly the back. At least my loss on top is less noticeable because of that. The worst part thing for me is that my hairline is totally destroyed. There may be a chance to thicken up the diffusion, but with the hairline gone…….

It is just now that I have realized what a beautiful hairline I have had. A nice mature hairline which suited my facial features perfectly. It didn´t creep back that far in the few months, but to a point where my frame has suffered significantly. Nobody would have considered me bald before, a fellow baldy (Norwood Spotting!) wouldn´t belive me when I told him I was on finasteride and said he would „kill for my hairline“…..

Some of you may think that at the age of 34 one shouldn´t really care about that much. It is different for me since at the age of 34 I am physically in the shape of my life and looking better than ever. Well, at least I did last year with my thick hair and wonderful Norwood 1 Hairline.

Don´t know what to do, out of sheer stupidity I neglected my regimen and lost my hair. I don´t know how this could have happened. The biggest mistake of my life. Now all I can think about is my hair.

Treatments seem to have started working, since I am shedding less and I am losing quite a few eyebrows (finasteride side effect = loss of body hair), but the damage is done. I am hoping to regrow and thickening up my hairline and the rest of my hair, but deep inside I know that I am chasing a delusion.

I am thinking about (at least temporary) adding Oral spironolactone to my regimen in order to gain back the recently lost hairs. But I don´t know if this makes sense, any way to reverse recent hair loss? I am desperate.

Btw. it is true: Many succesful long time users don´t report back, because hair is no longer a problem for them.

GoldenMane

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah... Never quit. It's common sense, if you're going bald, take your pills and douse yourself in minoxidil. Androgenetic Alopecia is a long term, chronic condition. If you stop treating it, it will come back with a vengeance.

lifewithouthair

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello guys,

I must be the biggest fool posting at HairLossTalk.com and do not really deserve to have hair, nevertheless you may have sympathy with a sinner……

It is complicated, short version: Neglected regimen and hair is now looking worse than ever.

late 2004: started increased shedding at the age of 22

July 2006: After the denial phase (and terrible diffusing) I had accepted the reality and jumped on finasteride. I was about Norwood 1-1.5

Somewhen in 2007: I switched to Avodart and added Minoxidil

2008: I didn´t think about hair loss very much, since I had other problems in my life. But looking back at pics from that time, my hair looked very healthy again

2009: Noticed increased shedding, but this went by, my hair had become worse, but not really noticeable. As time passed by, increased shedding phase would come and go. I got used to it.

2010?: I dropped dutasteride and went back on finasteride. I had no real side effects, but just to be sure. I didn´t notice any significant change.

2011: Hair looked bad

2013: Hair looked very thick again. Don´t know why, but I wasn´t really consistend with minoxidil applications over the time, only using the foam a few times a week without being really rigorous, but when I started to take things seriously, my hair may have thickened up. But maybe it is just all in my head, and minoxidil did basically nothing for me the way I used it.

2014/2015: Life had become a rollercoaster: Severe emotional stress followed by wonderful experiences over a very long time. Looking back at pics, the hair look very good nevertheless. I didn´t really think about it anymore and became more and more incosistent with my regimen.

2016: Severe emotional stress and made me become even lazier with my regimen, maybe taking both Finasteride and Foam at most once or twice a week. I started shedding badly in spring, didn´t take it really serious at first, since I had become used to these shedding phases, but when they didn´t go by and felt that tingling on my head, which I had also felt before I had started treatment around 2006. I became a bit more consistent again. Sad fact: I was really losing badly, and I was in the same denial phase I was already ten years ago. A few weeks ago I finally accepted the truth, that I had started thinning badly again.

From now on I had become really consistent with my applications using 1.25mg finasteride, 2 x Liquid minoxidil a dayand Ket 2-3 times a week.

Nevertheless the damage is done, the density has become really ridiculous. One can see scalp all over my head. I have become a hat prisoner. I have DUTA, meaning that I am also thinning badly on my sides and partly the back. At least my loss on top is less noticeable because of that. The worst part thing for me is that my hairline is totally destroyed. There may be a chance to thicken up the diffusion, but with the hairline gone…….

It is just now that I have realized what a beautiful hairline I have had. A nice mature hairline which suited my facial features perfectly. It didn´t creep back that far in the few months, but to a point where my frame has suffered significantly. Nobody would have considered me bald before, a fellow baldy (Norwood Spotting!) wouldn´t belive me when I told him I was on finasteride and said he would „kill for my hairline“…..

Some of you may think that at the age of 34 one shouldn´t really care about that much. It is different for me since at the age of 34 I am physically in the shape of my life and looking better than ever. Well, at least I did last year with my thick hair and wonderful Norwood 1 Hairline.

Don´t know what to do, out of sheer stupidity I neglected my regimen and lost my hair. I don´t know how this could have happened. The biggest mistake of my life. Now all I can think about is my hair.

Treatments seem to have started working, since I am shedding less and I am losing quite a few eyebrows (finasteride side effect = loss of body hair), but the damage is done. I am hoping to regrow and thickening up my hairline and the rest of my hair, but deep inside I know that I am chasing a delusion.

I am thinking about (at least temporary) adding Oral spironolactone to my regimen in order to gain back the recently lost hairs. But I don´t know if this makes sense, any way to reverse recent hair loss? I am desperate.

Btw. it is true: Many succesful long time users don´t report back, because hair is no longer a problem for them.

Bruh, I know the pain you are going trough. I wasn't inconsistent with my medication but I just found out that the medication I was taking was bunk generics. I wasted 3 years on sugar pills. I blame myself for this, If only I'd been more proactive and monitor my blood. I'm a fool. I tried spironolactone 3 months ago. But then I read a study about gynecomastia in men who take spironolactone and quit. After six months the chance of gyno is 30 percent for 100 mg users and more for 200mg users. I can't find the study right now but if you google it, you might me able to find it.

There are people here who have taken spironolactone with results, one guy took an estrogen blocker, raloxifene i think and mitigated his side effects. Btw, have you looked into dutasteride?

JustinCanada

Reaction score
Since you're really torn up about it, I'd suggest you get back on dutasteride. Its basically a certainty that it will be more effective than finasteride. And if you dont see an improvement in a few months jump on RU.

Best of luck

IggyPop

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have taken dutasteride before, but I am still hesitant. Seems like people who are constantly changing treatments or playing with dosages(basically what I was doing) always get problems. Maybe it partly was just a minoxidil shed? The hairline seems to have deteriorated over the last few weeks or even days and I am basically a first time user. I might even consider trying the Brotzu lotion, since it is said to be able to reverse recent hair loss.

IggyPop

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hard to say, during that time I took AD, which gave me sexual sides. While I am on finasteride, I might(!) have some minor sides, such as less body hair or slightly watery semen. Not really sure, though.

IggyPop

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Just had to look at some pictures I took three days ago. The density of my "hair" is absolutly ridiculous....
SAM_5040.JPG
SAM_5039.JPG

I have so many important issues in my life, but the only thing that is in my mind right now is my hair.....

T

tellersquill

It looks okay. With a touch of toppik your hair loss will hardly be noticeable.

As for the age, I don't think anyone says its easy to go bald in your thirties but its not as bad as the guys who lose it at 20. Even me at 29 may find it easier then some of the young men on here. First, I've had lots of fun with women already so its not the end of the world. And second, a bunch of my friends are now also losing hair so it has become a lot easier.

IggyPop

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Took the pics 3 days ago. My skin looks older and I have developed very dark circles, but I guess it is not because of the minoxidil, but rather the severe emotional stress and that I restarted smoking a few weeks ago. Why care about my health when I am losing hair?
In the beginning I had something you might call "brain fog", nothing dramtic, probably because I had applied a bit too much.

IggyPop

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It looks okay. With a touch of toppik your hair loss will hardly be noticeable.

As for the age, I don't think anyone says its easy to go bald in your thirties but its not as bad as the guys who lose it at 20. Even me at 29 may find it easier then some of the young men on here. First, I've had lots of fun with women already so its not the end of the world. And second, a bunch of my friends are now also losing hair so it has become a lot easier.

Well, I basically wasted my youth and most of my 20s. I look much (!) better at 34 as I did with 20. This makes it so terrible for me. At 20 I was ugly with incredibly thick hair and now I am not ugly anymore, but I am going bald instead.

Most of the people in my age group are married or don´t really care about their looks anymore. I do, guess I am just immature, can´t help it.

IggyPop

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Telegen effluvium most likely given that it's the same all over

Sides are shorter and take a look at the crown. Wish it was true, but I have left the denial phase already....

IggyPop

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So, I got a buzzcut a few weeks ago, because the shedding was so terrible and I could no longer tolerate seeing so many of my fallen soldiers in front of me, when I am learning or working on a computer. But my hairline continues receding, temple points are destroyed. I have become a hat prisoner, never leaving the house without one.

I have just popped my first dutasteride. I am gonna stick with finasteride for now and slowly add dutasteride. In a few days I am also gonna add some RU 58841, mostly for my frontal area. My aim is to keep as many of my follicles alive, so that the Brotzu lotion might bring me back to NW1, when it comes out next year.

KO21

Established Member
Reaction score
So, I got a buzzcut a few weeks ago, because the shedding was so terrible and I could no longer tolerate seeing so many of my fallen soldiers in front of me, when I am learning or working on a computer. But my hairline continues receding, temple points are destroyed. I have become a hat prisoner, never leaving the house without one.

I have just popped my first dutasteride. I am gonna stick with finasteride for now and slowly add dutasteride. In a few days I am also gonna add some RU 58841, mostly for my frontal area. My aim is to keep as many of my follicles alive, so that the Brotzu lotion might bring me back to NW1, when it comes out next year.

Where do you live ? I'm in Canada looking to get dutasteride.

N003

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well, I basically wasted my youth and most of my 20s. I look much (!) better at 34 as I did with 20. This makes it so terrible for me. At 20 I was ugly with incredibly thick hair and now I am not ugly anymore, but I am going bald instead.

Most of the people in my age group are married or don´t really care about their looks anymore. I do, guess I am just immature, can´t help it.

Funny could be my story :D:D

I'm much more satisfied with my look now as i also did in my 20s.

Your hair look like my. Just without a tonsure which i have.

Wet hair will always look worse. Can you show us pictures without wet hair?

IggyPop

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have a buzz, so the thinning is not really obvious anymore.
Note, the red spots at my vertex. That´s my Seborrhoic Dermatitis. The SD alone was reason enough for me to become a hat prisoner.
I have only dry pics from a few weeks ago before that horrible shedding, it looked much worse a few weeks later.

And the last pic is my ugly self with godlike hair at the age of 20.
It hurts watching this pic, not only because of that lost hair, but also how bad I looked at a time, which should have been my prime. And because I know, how much I was suffering back then without really knowing it.

For some reason I was only 5-7 kilograms heavier than today, but it is like my whole face/body were extremly bloated. No idea, how this is possible......

Attachments

• 20160927_120112.jpg
    20160927_120112.jpg
    118.1 KB · Views: 589
  • 20160927_014416.jpg
    20160927_014416.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 617
  • Tonsur.jpg
    Tonsur.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 952
  • Tonsur 2.jpg
    Tonsur 2.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 518
  • i00036.jpg
    i00036.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 571

IggyPop

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Where do you live ? I'm in Canada looking to get dutasteride.

Sry, I am German. I didn´t even ask a doctor. Some even refuse to give a prescription for the "dangerous" drug Propecia. I ordered Generics at an online pharmacy.

N003

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have a buzz, so the thinning is not really obvious anymore.
Note, the red spots at my vertex. That´s my Seborrhoic Dermatitis. The SD alone was reason enough for me to become a hat prisoner.
I have only dry pics from a few weeks ago before that horrible shedding, it looked much worse a few weeks later.

And the last pic is my ugly self with godlike hair at the age of 20.
It hurts watching this pic, not only because of that lost hair, but also how bad I looked at a time, which should have been my prime. And because I know, how much I was suffering back then without really knowing it.

For some reason I was only 5-7 kilograms heavier than today, but it is like my whole face/body were extremly bloated. No idea, how this is possible......

Du bist jetzt 38 oder? Könnte weitaus schlimmer sein für das Alter.Finde deinen Status nicht schlimm. Ausdünnung am Oberkopf ab gute 35 Jahren kommt sehr oft vor. Man sagt es gibt 2 Schübe beim Haarausfall. Der erste in jungen Jahren und der 2te oftmals zwischen 34 und 45 Jahren.Hab nicht mehr viele Freunde mit vollen Schopf in unserem Alter. Eigentlich noch recht gut erhalten dein Status ;) Finasteride oder Dutasteride erste Wahl bei dir.

Einen Haarstatus wie bei einem Jugendlichen ist in unserem Alter nicht mehr möglich. Ziel: Erhaltung der Haare -> Finasteride,Duta oder eine Haartransplantation bei geeigneten Donorbereich als Endlösung.

Ach ja, ein Besuch bei einem Haarspezialisten würde ich dir trotzdem empfehlen. Sicher ist sicher.

Falls Interesse an deutsches Forum : http://www.alopezie.de/fud/

Regards