How male pattern baldness Fooled Me Twice!!! (help Nevertheless Please....)

stachu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@N003

I am according to you for using proper languange, i cant get it. Thanks

IggyPop

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Du bist jetzt 38 oder? Könnte weitaus schlimmer sein für das Alter.Finde deinen Status nicht schlimm. Ausdünnung am Oberkopf ab gute 35 Jahren kommt sehr oft vor. Man sagt es gibt 2 Schübe beim Haarausfall. Der erste in jungen Jahren und der 2te oftmals zwischen 34 und 45 Jahren.Hab nicht mehr viele Freunde mit vollen Schopf in unserem Alter. Eigentlich noch recht gut erhalten dein Status ;) Finasteride oder Dutasteride erste Wahl bei dir.

Einen Haarstatus wie bei einem Jugendlichen ist in unserem Alter nicht mehr möglich. Ziel: Erhaltung der Haare -> Finasteride,Duta oder eine Haartransplantation bei geeigneten Donorbereich als Endlösung.

Ach ja, ein Besuch bei einem Haarspezialisten würde ich dir trotzdem empfehlen. Sicher ist sicher.

Falls Interesse an deutsches Forum : http://www.alopezie.de/fud/

Regards

34, klar könnte es schlimmer sein, aber da ich deutlich jünger aussehe (abgesehen von den Haaren) und auch eher mit jüngeren zu tun habe, trifft es mich schon sehr, weil ich eben meine "besten" Jahre so verschwendet habe......:(

Mit finasteride, dutasteride, minoxidil, Ket und bald auch Ru 58841 hoffe ich natürlich, dass ich bis Frühling wieder hinkriege. Dann soll ja auch Brotzu kommen.

But let´s continue in Englisch from now on!

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
so what Norwood were you when you first started finasteride ? Your hairline look great , it just a diffuse because of the fact you were not strict with you use of 5 ar inhibitor .
did you get any sides with dutasteride like puff nipples ? Do you got unwated body hair because of minoxidil? do you apply the liquid or the foam?

Starscream

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Sry, I am German. I didn´t even ask a doctor. Some even refuse to give a prescription for the "dangerous" drug Propecia. I ordered Generics at an online pharmacy.

It is the same in Italy, some doctors refuse to give a prescription for finasteride unless the balding is already severe (norwood 5 +). Anyway most of the doctors give it when they see androgenetic thinning.

IggyPop

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Some update, took these pics just a few minutes ago. Actually it doesn´t look as bad as I would have expected. Some say DUPA is the worst of hairloss, but in a way it is an advantage, since the thinning on top becomes less obvious, when you are even thinner on the sides.....

010.jpg 011.jpg 012.jpg 009.jpg13.jpg

But, I have decided today to stop the minoxidil! I have watched some old pics of mine and I got really scared. Immediately after starting minoxidil I begun aging terrible.
All pics are from 2007, I was 25 years old:

This is a few days before I started Minoxidil:
This one I took a few weeks after starting minoxidil:

Holy sh*t! I went from looking like a boy to looking a man in his early 30s within weeks. That´s absolutly crazy.

Yeah, I was ugly, bloated and looked really mentally retarted (my level of confusion becomes obvious, when we consider that I actually started minoxidil with THAT hair..... . Pic was taken a few days after starting and skin aging already became noticeable, lol) already before, but it was the way I looked at that time. I was also taking heavy medications at that time (and I am not talking about the dutasteride, which I also took in 2007, lol).

My looks had improved a few years ago until now, when hair loss and skin aging ruined everything again. This thought makes me really feel suicidal.

I hope to get some good thickening at the right side of my hairline and temple points. The asymetrical hairline ruins my whole face. I have also ordered some Retin A in order to reduce some of the skin damage. Holy sh*t, by looking at these pictures I just wanna die.......

Last edited by a moderator:

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
lol dude stop you look exactly the same in the 2 picture and you have got great hair .

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
and i don't want to offend you man but you seem to have some BDD , because you're hair are great and you re skin look totaly fine . you 've been on minoxidil for how long ? Because you're skin look great . Did dutasteride helped more than duta for you?

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
no offense again , but the heavy medication that you were taking was some king of SSRI or psychatrist one , because you've got great hair

IggyPop

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
no offense again , but the heavy medication that you were taking was some king of SSRI or psychatrist one , because you've got great hair
No offense taken, yeah, neuroleptics and ssri :) No joke: Psychiatrists thought i was starting to develop a psychosis, because they wouldn´t believe me I was losing hair. But I really was losing:
i00493.jpg

I think, I was a great responder on Finasteride, I had started dutasteride only a few weeks before the first pics. Of course, a total waste and I didn´t notice any difference when I stopped some time later. That´s why I can´t really tell, whether dutasteride really gave me sides, because of course I had no libido at that time because of the other medications. It may be possible, that I got some puffy nipples, but I am not sure, since I always had a tendency to store some fat at my chest. Btw. I have added dutasteride recently, but I don´t think my libido has decreased. Well, it has, but more because of the emotional stress and not the dutasteride.

I have restarted minoxidil about 2 months ago and I don´t want to risk any skin aging. It would drive me nuts, if I was unsure, whether my skin is aging naturally or because of the minoxidil.

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
the first time how long have you been taking minoxidil? and sure you look like a great fina responder!
so according to you there is no difference between propecia and duta?

IggyPop

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
the first time how long have you been taking minoxidil? and sure you look like a great fina responder!
so according to you there is no difference between propecia and duta?
Good question, actually I never really stopped, but after a few moments I became lazy and most of the minoxidil (foam) ended up in my hair.

Well, for me there was no (noticeable) difference between finasteride and dutasteride.

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
so i can say 100% that it didnt cause you a single skin aging. Did you experiment some unwanted body hair or facial hair ?
the funny thing is that i had to see psychatrist too because of my hairloss and they wanted me to take ssri too^ .
But i dont want to risk this combo : propecia ssri.
You didnt got gyno while on dutasteride and ssri?

IggyPop

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
k so you take minoxidil during many years ?
Yes, but in the end I only took it like twice a week and wasted 90 % of it in my hair instead of my scalp. So it doesn´t count. Fact is: My skin has aged a lot in recent weeks, the skin has become very dry and I don´t want to risk any damage to skin. Maybe I am gonna continue a very low dosage on m right temple.

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
sorry to bother you with all my question , but you 've got great resut . I am only 23 yo and i have been on propecia for 2 years now for my receding hairline but it doesnt work . I have recenty added minoxidil but it didnt work too .
For you minoxidil helped your hairline ?

IggyPop

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
so i can say 100% that it didnt cause you a single skin aging. Did you experiment some unwanted body hair or facial hair ?
the funny thing is that i had to see psychatrist too because of my hairloss and they wanted me to take ssri too^ .
But i dont want to risk this combo : propecia ssri.
You didnt got gyno while on dutasteride and ssri?
Lol, brothers in mind ;) Damn, I was really treated like a fool, when I freaked out because of my hair and no one would belive because diffusing is not really obvious to most and particularly some months later, when I had thickened up again. I didin´t get gyno, but I think I stored some extra fat around my chest.

I have got no idea, whether minoxidil has given me some unwanted body hair, maybe a tiny bit. Another reason which makes paranoid.....

IggyPop

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
sorry to bother you with all my question , but you 've got great resut . I am only 23 yo and i have been on propecia for 2 years now for my receding hairline but it doesnt work . I have recenty added minoxidil but it didnt work too .
For you minoxidil helped your hairline ?
No proplem, I know your story :) MAYBE minoxidil thickened up my hairline after a few months, but I had lost these gains again very fast.

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
no worry bro you look perfectly fine , if i could look like this at 30 i would be damn happy . but now hairloss is ruining my life , i have a receding hairline and this sucks . You only had diffuse thinning? no receding temple when you started?