How Long Until A "cure" Or Full Reversal Treatment?

sadila

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

NewUser

Experienced Member
Reaction score
A combined effort of Shiseido, Aclaris, Cots etc. couldn't bring us back to a good density and nobody of them even claims so, so why do you?

The reason is that the science for those efforts still needs to be done. And the reason I think Jakinibs may work for Androgenetic Alopecia is that in addition to reducing inflammation in the scalps of AA patients, regulatory T cells are also recently implicated in normal HF growth. Without tregs, normal HF cycling can't happen. In addition to reducing inflammation, Christiano's research shows:

• JAK inhibitors stimulate hair follicles out of the resting phase into the growing phase. They also show the ability to elongate the growing phase.
  • JAK inhibitors activate the Wnt and Shh signaling pathway.
  • JAK inhibitors cause the activation of hair follicle progentior (stem) cells.
  • Tofacitinib (a JAK inhibitor) promotes inductivity of dermal papilla cells.
  • Tofacitinib promotes hair growth by positively affecting genes within pathways that are crucial to hair growth. For example: TGFB pathway genes, BMP pathway genes, LEF1, and NOTCH pathway genes.

Why everybody hypes Tsuji? Because he already achieved more than 125 follicles/cm² which is in comparison better than a normal hair transplant at the moment and his procedure could also be done even if someone is Norwood 6, not even one of your mentioned ones comes even close to being a cure.

Lol! In mice maybe. As far as I know Tsuji is still in the basic research stage of the game. Your god Tsuji still has some work to do.

Last edited:

MrV88

My Regimen
Reaction score
The reason is that the science for those efforts still needs to be done. And the reason I think Jakinibs may work for Androgenetic Alopecia is that in addition to reducing inflammation in the scalps of AA patients, regulatory T cells are also recently implicated in normal HF growth. Without tregs, normal HF cycling can't happen.

Lol! In mice maybe. As far as I know Tsuji is still in the basic research stage of the game.
As far as I know he's at the end of the game and you still insist "in mice" and totally forget that those hairs are mutiplied human cells/hairs.

razzmatazz91

My Regimen
Reaction score
If you need a professionnal artist my suggestion : http://www.mens-ink.com/fr/gallery.php

I'm not looking for one ATM. Still have a lot of research before I pull the trigger.
Thanks for the suggestion though. I'll definitely look it up.

Lol! In mice maybe. As far as I know Tsuji is still in the basic research stage of the game. Your god Tsuji still has some work to do.

Yup. The question is how much more work he has to do before human trials.

NewUser

Experienced Member
Reaction score
As far as I know he's at the end of the game and you still insist "in mice" and totally forget that those hairs are mutiplied human cells/hairs.

And don't get me wrong I think mice are rather nice. Like Christiano said, they can grow hair on mice like there's no tomorrow. Theyve been doing it for decades.

Last edited:

H

Reaction score
So if I hop on dutasteride and oral spironolactone and it lasts me 2 years, will that be long enough until shishiedo comes out to save my ***? Or are we looking at an effective treatment out in 25 years?
I won't lie to you I have no idea lol I have no clue what you or anyone else should do about your hair loss because I have no idea when any of these treatments will come out might as well get that statement out of the way. In my opinion I've never tried dutasteride but it sounds as if it could hold you over for even longer than 2 years until something comes out. You may experience sides and have to get off of it that's just a possibility. I personally shave my head because it helps me pay less attention to the fact that I have male pattern baldness I just have no hair. It sounds weird perhaps but when I was using min and trying to style my hair in the thought that it actually hid my extremely patchy hair it made me more aware of the fact that I was losing hair and now it's just not there my only intervention is to shave every like 2 weeks maybe. Now like the 25 years thing I have no idea if it will take that long it could sometimes I'm pretty pessimistic about it but sometimes I think the world is changing and more people are eager to find out the mysteries of the universe. Hair loss is not a particularly popular subject amongst others but biology definately is and as we put all the pieces together I don't think hair follicle abnormalities will be left out. I mean if we've been watching skin grow in a petri dish growing babies in bags and have a settlement on the moon for 20 years and don't know how to keep hair on our heads where it once lived just fine an ailment that effects females plus almost all males cmon ya its gonna be like "the f***?"

real kombo

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I won't lie to you I have no idea lol I have no clue what you or anyone else should do about your hair loss because I have no idea when any of these treatments will come out might as well get that statement out of the way. In my opinion I've never tried dutasteride but it sounds as if it could hold you over for even longer than 2 years until something comes out. You may experience sides and have to get off of it that's just a possibility. I personally shave my head because it helps me pay less attention to the fact that I have male pattern baldness I just have no hair. It sounds weird perhaps but when I was using min and trying to style my hair in the thought that it actually hid my extremely patchy hair it made me more aware of the fact that I was losing hair and now it's just not there my only intervention is to shave every like 2 weeks maybe. Now like the 25 years thing I have no idea if it will take that long it could sometimes I'm pretty pessimistic about it but sometimes I think the world is changing and more people are eager to find out the mysteries of the universe. Hair loss is not a particularly popular subject amongst others but biology definately is and as we put all the pieces together I don't think hair follicle abnormalities will be left out. I mean if we've been watching skin grow in a petri dish growing babies in bags and have a settlement on the moon for 20 years and don't know how to keep hair on our heads where it once lived just fine an ailment that effects females plus almost all males cmon ya its gonna be like "the f***?"

I'm not reading the 10 million comments on this thread, please just tell me of shishiedo/ tsuji can be effective and if there is a realistic chance they could come out in 2-3 years?

Johnt1997

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Would love it if jaks are the answer. I used to idolise ronaldo when I was a kid, never did I think there would one day be a christiano I could possibly love even more!

forlorn

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm not reading the 10 million comments on this thread, please just tell me of shishiedo/ tsuji can be effective and if there is a realistic chance they could come out in 2-3 years?

Will Shiseido be effective? Maybe. Will Riken (Tsuji) be effective? Yes, and they're releasing the HF Primordium commercially in 2020. People here don't understand that successfully transplanting human hair follicles onto mice means doing a human-to-human transplant will be even more successful due to the much higher biological compatibility. It's like running 10 miles an hour and then questioning whether you can pull off running 5 miles an hour instead.

real kombo

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Will Shiseido be effective? Maybe. Will Riken (Tsuji) be effective? Yes, and they're releasing the HF Primordium commercially in 2020. People here don't understand that successfully transplanting human hair follicles onto mice means doing a human-to-human transplant will be even more successful due to the much higher biological compatibility. It's like running 10 miles an hour and then questioning whether you can pull off running 5 miles an hour instead.

So you're telling me a treatment will be out in 2020 that amounts to a functional cure?

MrV88

My Regimen
Reaction score
Finally someone that didn't lost his brain to finasteride/dutasteride/Ru or something else

forlorn

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So you're telling me a treatment will be out in 2020 that amounts to a functional cure?

It's a treatment, not a cure. If you've lost a certain amount of hair, the treatment will get you the lost hair back. But if you keep losing hair, you'll have to come back eventually for another treatment. At some point, you will have lost all the hair you're supposed to lose in your life. When that happens, you will go for a final treatment and you will essentially be cured, yes.

So some people will only need one treatment, whereas others might opt for waiting until the hair loss has run its course before getting a treatment because they can't afford several ones. I wouldn't be surprised if we ended up having people ask questions about how to accelerate male pattern baldness because of this.

real kombo

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It's a treatment, not a cure. If you've lost a certain amount of hair, the treatment will get you the lost hair back. But if you keep losing hair, you'll have to come back eventually for another treatment. At some point, you will have lost all the hair you're supposed to lose in your life. When that happens, you will go for a final treatment and you will essentially be cured, yes.

So some people will only need one treatment, whereas others might opt for waiting until the hair loss has run its course before getting a treatment because they can't afford several ones. I wouldn't be surprised if we ended up having people ask questions about how to accelerate male pattern baldness because of this.

LOL and this will be available in 2020?

forlorn

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
LOL and this will be available in 2020?

Yes, but only in Japan initially. The plan is to expand the following years and automate the process with machines. It will probably be available in Europe before the US.

real kombo

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes, but only in Japan initially. The plan is to expand the following years and automate the process with machines. It will probably be available in Europe before the US.

If what you're saying is true, why is there still a relentless stream of pessimism on this website? People act like there is no hope for the foreseeable future. Why aren't people jumping for joy over this?

MrV88

My Regimen
Reaction score

Laser hair removal + testosterone + scarring and thousand of threads that should cause hair loss in the first place lol

forlorn

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If what you're saying is true, why is there still a relentless stream of pessimism on this website? People act like there is no hope for the foreseeable future. Why aren't people jumping for joy over this?
  • Most people are uninformed
  • It's not going to be released for another 2 years.
  • It's going to be expensive

---------------------------------------------

"they're releasing the HF Primordium commercially in 2020."

What's your source?

Here you go:

Previous estimates targeted the availability of the technology to be in “practical use” by 2020. Does practical use mean commercial availability to the general public? If so, does this mean that human trials would need to begin a year or two before 2020?

- Yes, as you pointed out, although with an assumption that there is no specific problems, when we say “putting the technologies into use”, we mean “starting to offer it to the general public as a treatment not covered by health insurance”.

[...]

You have already touched on this, but in terms of offering this therapy to people around the world, will a separate regulatory approval process be required in each country?

- Yes, each country requires its own registration/approval. But, as far as we talk about the Japanese market, we are planning to offer it to the general public as a treatment in 2020.

Source:
https://www.hairlosstalk.com/news/new-research/hair-primordiums-tsuji-organ-interview-sept2016/

Kyocera Corporation (President: Goro Yamaguchi), RIKEN national science institute (President: Hiroshi Matsumoto) and Organ Technologies Inc. (President: Yasuhiro Sugimura) announced today a partnership to develop technologies and products for treating alopecia (hair loss) through the regeneration of hair follicles. The companies aim to put the technologies into practical use in 2020.

[...]

Kyocera, RIKEN and Organ Technologies plan to establish cell culture and transplant technologies and develop devices for transplantation, aiming to put the technologies into practical use for the treatment of human alopecia in 2020 in Japan. The RIKEN Integrated Innovation Building (Kobe City, Hyogo Prefecture) will serve as a base for this joint research.

Source:
https://global.kyocera.com/news/2016/0702_nfid.html

Keisi92

My Regimen
Reaction score

Not so simple. It may very well be easier on mice. You never know for certain until you try. People say this many times, but there are a 100 ways to grow hair on mice almost none of them work on humans. It may look easier on paper, but it may very well prove 10 times harder in reality. Not saying that tsuji won't work, but saying he has it easier from now on is not correct at all imho.