How Long Until A "cure" Or Full Reversal Treatment?

NewUser

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I think a few years from now there will be a topical ointment in a tube and probably an OTC drug. Androgenetic Alopecia, AA, AT & AU will be treated with topical drugs. Without much fanfare the vexing problem of baldness is going away. I think we are reading of its demise now in these threads on research. Treatments are coming.

H

Reaction score
I think a few years from now there will be a topical ointment in a tube and probably an OTC drug. Androgenetic Alopecia, AA, AT & AU will be treated with topical drugs. Without much fanfare the vexing problem of baldness is going away. I think we are reading of its demise now in these threads on research. Treatments are coming.
Sources? Nothing about ear hair and how much they've excelled from that I want the sources that show humans no mice whatsoever having a horshoe patterned hairloss slapping on some goo a company made and returning to the state of a prebuscent child please I'd like them straight to the point thank you.

MrV88

My Regimen
Reaction score
Sources? Nothing about ear hair and how much they've excelled from that I want the sources that show humans no mice whatsoever having a horshoe patterned hairloss slapping on some goo a company made and returning to the state of a prebuscent child please I'd like them straight to the point thank you.

I think the only viable way of getting back to an acceptable status in the near future will be hair multiplication. Finding a cure or why the hairs are still thinning and diminishing is far more complex than we might think

H

Reaction score
I think the only viable way of getting back to an acceptable status in the near future will be hair multiplication. Finding a cure or why the hairs are still thinning and diminishing is far more complex than we might think
I totally agree

NewUser

Experienced Member
Reaction score

I don't get why people think Tsuji's basic research with mice is any more advanced than other research based on lab experiments with mice the same. And all this hype about Japan lowering regulations on clinical trials isn't going to produce cures any differently than before except to maybe speed up approval times by a few months. It is a desperate attempt by Abe and Japanese central planners to stimulate a stagnant economy after 30 years' worth of failed economic ideology. I've got just as much faith in publicly funded researchers at UCLA who've figured out a way to activate quiescent hair follicle stem cells, and they weren't even looking to solve this problem when they made the discovery. Two new drugs are patented as a result.

MrV88

My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't get why people think Tsuji's basic research with mice is any more advanced than other research based on lab experiments with mice the same. And all this hype about Japan lowering regulations on clinical trials isn't going to produce cures any differently than before except to maybe speed up approval times by a few months. It is a desperate attempt by Abe and Japanese central planners to stimulate a stagnant economy after 30 years' worth of failed economic ideology. I've got just as much faith in publicly funded researchers at UCLA who've figured out a way to activate quiescent hair follicle stem cells, and they weren't even looking to solve this problem when they made the discovery. Two new drugs are patented as a result.
Because those hairs were multiplied from human cells and not mice hair in mice like every f*****g research till now.
He also started 8 years ago and said a breakthrough would be reached by the end of the decade, he didn't delay and the god f*****g damned Japanese government and several big pharma's fund him...

NewUser

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Because those hairs were multiplied from human cells and not mice hair in mice like every f*****g research till now.
He also started 8 years ago and said a breakthrough would be reached by the end of the decade, he didn't delay and the god f*****g damned Japanese government and several big pharma's fund him...

So you're saying he hasn't grown a single hair on a human scalp yet, and neoliberalism still doesn't work 30 years later. Roger that aye-aye.

H

Reaction score
I didn't mention Tsuji in my post at all... I just wanted reliable sources that hint at exactly what your proposing with no mention of ear hair...

Spanishboy97

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So you're saying he hasn't grown a single hair on a human scalp yet, and neoliberalism still doesn't work 30 years later. Roger that aye-aye.
Yeah probably centralized comites would have been much more eficient solving hair loss

NewUser

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Yeah probably centralized comites would have been much more eficient solving hair loss

What I am saying is that in spite of the enormous amounts of money and resources allocated to military and "financial engineering" sucking the best brains of the western world into banking and finance within an economic ideology that failed by 2008, progress has been made toward solving baldness. Some of us here somehow insist that hair multiplication is the only way, but they can't tell us why. But hair loss is already an improved situation for millions with AA and AT, AU who can expect the first legitimate treatment for that hair loss disorder as soon as Aclaris and other companies finish clinical trials and receive approval. Ordinary scientists on the public payroll and private sector have made great strides in solving this disorder. No shortcuts in science, though. Relaxed regulations in Japan is not a substitute for basic research followed by clinical trials with human subjects. Tsuji's method will be an important breakthrough for those with scarring alopecias, burn victims etc. But for those of us with ordinary hair loss due to genetics and ageing in general, scientists have discovered how to activate stem cells to grow hair. Those same scientists and George Cotsarelis believe this is probably the real deal in solving pattern hair loss and likely with drugs, the most cost-effective and elegant solution no needles, biopsies or cell expansion procedures necessary at some point in the future.

Last edited:

H

Reaction score
Some of us here somehow insist that hair multiplication is the only way, but they can't tell us why
Most scientist have in the past insisted topical and oral drugs/supplements were the only way but they can't tell us why they all failed miserably and you cant tell us why they should all of a sudden start working you havent given me any sources...

NewUser

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Most scientist have in the past insisted topical and oral drugs/supplements were the only way but they can't tell us why they all failed miserably and you cant tell us why they should all of a sudden start working you havent given me any sources...

FYI there is still no cure for Androgenetic Alopecia. The only FDA approved treatments for Androgenetic Alopecia are, in fact, drugs.

Things are looking good for another hair loss disorder, though. The first legit treatment for Alopecia Areata, AT and AU will be patented drugs in either topical or oral form or both. Millions of people with that disorder will grow hair in the next few years.

UCLA scientists identify a new way to activate stem cells to make hair grow

The team identified two drugs that, when applied to the skin of mice, influenced hair follicle stem cells in distinct ways to promote lactate production. The first drug, called RCGD423, activates a cellular signaling pathway called JAK-Stat, which transmits information from outside the cell to the nucleus of the cell. The research showed that JAK-Stat activation leads to the increased production of lactate and this in turn drives hair follicle stem cell activation and quicker hair growth. The other drug, called UK5099, blocks pyruvate from entering the mitochondria, which forces the production of lactate in the hair follicle stem cells and accelerates hair growth in mice.

Meanwhile Tsuji is also growing hair in mice
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTR6Mnu26r0hEPa0PJnxl1uMFFhxtXqh_4a_keoRYrKGZVpa9HG.jpg

Why would Tsuji's mouse be considered superior to UCLA lab mice? What's the diff whether hair grown by a drug that activates your own stem cells, or a much more labour-intensive and elaborate procedure to do the same thing but in a more expensive way?

Last edited:

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't get why people think Tsuji's basic research with mice is any more advanced than other research based on lab experiments with mice the same

Because it is.

As the studies I tagged you in when we had this discussion a while back show, they and others have grown hair in mice using HUMAN CELLS, damn. He's also not the only one to do that.

There is no good reason why human dermal papilla cells and other hair cells can grow long strands of hair in completely different animals but won't when applied to humans, especially since Jahoda's experiment already proved it worked 19 years ago. The sole reason for the existence of this discussion is the fact that regulatory agencies cockblock human experiments for so long and doubt gives people something to talk about.

I honestly don't believe that, given how often the information has been shared (many times) by various members, that there is any regular visitor to this subforum (or others like it) who is genuinely unaware of this research.

I can't count how many times I've had or seen this exact conversation take place; often with the same people involved. It's because if we just accept that it should work as long as they've truly solved the cell-amplification issue, we're left with only waiting. BUT if we ignore all the information that dispels our doubt, we can get in lengthy debates with people to pass the time until the dawn of the next decade.

NewUser

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Because it is.

As the studies I tagged you in when we had this discussion a while back show, they and others have grown hair in mice using HUMAN CELLS, damn. He's also not the only one to do that.

Sure, Angela Christiano grew hair in mice using topical jakinibs. She grew hair in vitro and in human skin grafted on the backs of mice. Jahoda and Christiano developed a method for culturing DP cells with the same drug using a 3D spheres method.

You pointed to the Dhurat study before before but neglected to mention that a drug, minoxidil, was part of the protocol.

sadila

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Because it is.

There is no good reason why human dermal papilla cells and other hair cells can grow long strands of hair in completely different animals but won't when applied to humans

Uhm, maybe because DHT levels are not the same in mice than in an actual 180 pounds male human with a hostile scalp environment for a follicle ?

H

Reaction score
FYI there is still no cure for Androgenetic Alopecia.
Thanks for clearing that up for me I've been struggling.
The first legit treatment for Alopecia Areata, AT and AU will be patented drugs in either topical or oral form or both
I hope it does work out for those people and they get every single follicle back with no side effects. Do Jak inhibitors show promise for Androgenic alopecia? Do current studies suggest it will regrow hair back from male pattern baldness or just aa and other autoimmune losses? Be honest... I did not even mention Riken so we don't need to bring them into this.

NewUser

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Do Jak inhibitors show promise for Androgenic alopecia? Do current studies suggest it will regrow hair back from male pattern baldness or just aa and other autoimmune losses? Be honest... I did not even mention Riken so we don't need to bring them into this.

Jakinibs in both topical and systemic ingestion are proven to stimulate DP cell proliferation in vitro, accelerated hair growth in mice engineered to have AA, human skin grafted onto the backs of mice, and the oral drug has grown hair in humans with AA. The mice studies are over, and it is time for Aclaris to test both oral and topical formulations on people with AA and Androgenetic Alopecia. The topical form of the drug for humans will take some expertise to develop in order to penetrate human scalp and reach the depth of hair follicles required and remain there longer than a few minutes at a time. No shortcuts in science.

And UCLA researchers have patented two new drugs, RCGD423 and UK5099. These drugs activate JAK-Stat leading to the increased production of lactate and, in turn, drives hair follicle stem cell activation and hair growth. These drugs have only been tested in lab mice not humans. Again, no shortcuts in science. Same goes for Tsuji who will eventually need to test his method in humans.

If anyone tells you they know what the clinical trial results will be before they even begin, they are lying. What we do know for sure is that once a cellular signalling pathway for hair growth is discovered, the first thing they look for are drugs to affect the same pathways in order to turn hair growth on or off. Why drugs? It's because if we want to cross a river, we might get by with floating a canoe and not an aircraft carrier. Hair multiplication, HSC, PRP, gene therapy etc might be overkill compared to a least invasive and least costly solution, which would be small molecule drugs.

Last edited:

MrV88

My Regimen
Reaction score
What I am saying is that in spite of the enormous amounts of money and resources allocated to military and "financial engineering" sucking the best brains of the western world into banking and finance within an economic ideology that failed by 2008, progress has been made toward solving baldness. Some of us here somehow insist that hair multiplication is the only way, but they can't tell us why. But hair loss is already an improved situation for millions with AA and AT, AU who can expect the first legitimate treatment for that hair loss disorder as soon as Aclaris and other companies finish clinical trials and receive approval. Ordinary scientists on the public payroll and private sector have made great strides in solving this disorder. No shortcuts in science, though. Relaxed regulations in Japan is not a substitute for basic research followed by clinical trials with human subjects. Tsuji's method will be an important breakthrough for those with scarring alopecias, burn victims etc. But for those of us with ordinary hair loss due to genetics and ageing in general, scientists have discovered how to activate stem cells to grow hair. Those same scientists and George Cotsarelis believe this is probably the real deal in solving pattern hair loss and likely with drugs, the most cost-effective and elegant solution no needles, biopsies or cell expansion procedures necessary at some point in the future.

Have discovered wtf? Aclaris, cotsarelis etc didn't discover something close to a cure. Everything they maybe could achieve is a density of 25-50 follicles/cm² and that's a pretty big maybe.

Why everybody hypes Tsuji? Because he already achieved more than 125 follicles/cm² which is in comparison better than a normal hair transplant at the moment and his procedure could also be done even if someone is Norwood 6, not even one of your mentioned ones comes even close to being a cure.

A combined effort of Shiseido, Aclaris, Cots etc. couldn't bring us back to a good density and nobody of them even claims so, so why do you?