How Long Until A "cure" Or Full Reversal Treatment?

BaldyBalderBald

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
This guy is a time traveller

Chromedome1990

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It's strictly conjecture at this point; I do sincerely hope I'm wrong. The fact that there has been essentially zero progress in the past 20 years does not give me a lot of hope. Even supposing that these "cures" that are in the pipeline like Tsuji ever materialize, how accessible & affordable do you think they'll be? Most likely not at all, compared to hair transplants or a lifetime of using the Big Three.

Last edited:

abcdefg

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure Tsuji will be a cure but the price will be so high that the majority of us won't afford it...at least for some years

Maybe. Prices for medical procedures dont always just come down with time, just like drugs dont always go down in price. Might be really expensive for a very very long time. Medicine especially with big pharma loves to price gouge people.

H

Reaction score
Maybe. Prices for medical procedures dont always just come down with time, just like drugs dont always go down in price. Might be really expensive for a very very long time. Medicine especially with big pharma loves to price gouge people.
I would think they would have to put it at a semi reasonable price for this exact reason. I'm sure it will be expensive still but unless they plan to only target the higher class cosmetic surgery isnt covered by insurance so I'm sure they'll have to make it available to a larger general public somehow. Honestly I can't think of 1 cosmetic surgery that has reduced in price exponentially usually they upgrade it and adjust the method to be more efficient which justifies the price either going up or staying relatively the same. Doctors have to pay wages and for equipment also so this keep the price pretty level. You could say "well they'll have their hands full with rich people" but we don't actually know how many rich people give a f*** about their hair loss. I would argue perhaps the wealthier gentlemen would not give near as much of a sh*t about being bald most of them are older and probably had a smoother transition into balding then some of us here and don't give it a second thought. I could be totally wrong but this is my opinion.

Jonnyyy

My Regimen
Reaction score
I would think they would have to put it at a semi reasonable price for this exact reason. I'm sure it will be expensive still but unless they plan to only target the higher class cosmetic surgery isnt covered by insurance so I'm sure they'll have to make it available to a larger general public somehow. Honestly I can't think of 1 cosmetic surgery that has reduced in price exponentially usually they upgrade it and adjust the method to be more efficient which justifies the price either going up or staying relatively the same. Doctors have to pay wages and for equipment also so this keep the price pretty level. You could say "well they'll have their hands full with rich people" but we don't actually know how many rich people give a f*** about their hair loss. I would argue perhaps the wealthier gentlemen would not give near as much of a sh*t about being bald most of them are older and probably had a smoother transition into balding then some of us here and don't give it a second thought. I could be totally wrong but this is my opinion.
Agreed, hopefully the price isn't crazy high like 100,000+ I'd never be able to afford that. lol

MickChong

Established Member
Reaction score
It will probably start high to catch the celebrities and super rich. Then it will substantially reduce in price as more start to offer it and in order to attract the mass market. Too many bald people don't care so much or if they do will prioritize other things. For example, I can think of a few NW6 guys and I am absolutely convinced they would much rather spend a few thousand on a holiday/other things rather than cure their baldness. So price will be a strong consideration.

vernon

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
how do you know that bezos (or any other bald guy) doesnt give a f*** about his hair? I never got that. unless he is shaving a thick NW0 every day, I m really not buying it. these guys are successful or happy (if they are) despite being bald, not because it suddenly didnt matter anymore.

but I agree that its healthier to just shave it off and get used to it than to obssess over your shedding and have panic attacks whenever you see a hair on your desk or hands.

vernon

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
btw considering the way things are moving with recent discoveries like that south korean one, I doubt expensive cloning surgeries will ever even become a mainstream solution for hair loss.

Jonnyyy

My Regimen
Reaction score
btw considering the way things are moving with recent discoveries like that south korean one, I doubt expensive cloning surgeries will ever even become a mainstream solution for hair loss.
I hope not, was the South Korean discovery able to just maintain or regrow hair too?

Jonnyyy

My Regimen
Reaction score
I can't wait until the selfie generation really start to bald (yea me too lol) that's when the cure will be found, demand will go out the roof.

vernon

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I hope not, was the South Korean discovery able to just maintain or regrow hair too?

I m not really knowledgeable about the topic so excuse me if I say something stupid, but it includes regrowth, even follicle neogenesis (if regrowth only means activating the "dormant" follicles). they are pretty optimistic in those reddit threads, a lot of very credible sources were posted.

that researcher managed to come up with a way better approximation of the cause of hairloss than just "DHT causes it".

dermrafok

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I m not really knowledgeable about the topic so excuse me if I say something stupid, but it includes regrowth, even follicle neogenesis (if regrowth only means activating the "dormant" follicles). they are pretty optimistic in those reddit threads, a lot of very credible sources were posted.

that researcher managed to come up with a way better approximation of the cause of hairloss than just "DHT causes it".
Mother of god....You don't understand NOTHING.

dermrafok

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I hope you understand this: New treatments for male pattern baldness will be here very soon.

vernon

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I hope you understand this: New treatments for male pattern baldness will be here very soon.
what does this have to do with my post, once more?

lol at inarticulately coming after people just because they dared to refrain from delusional optimism about some company. as if making euphoric posts will speed up the progress in medicine