How Do You Tell Your Girlfriend You Have A Hair System?

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

Jimbo5

Established Member
Reaction score
I dunno. I realised whenever a dude tried to give me compliments, "you hair looks nice" is always top of the list. Men care about women's hair.
Imagine your gf has this disgusting medical/genetic condition that we all share here, she has to shave the top of her head every two weeks or so and glue a hair piece to the scalp. Yeah she might still look hot, great tits, nice ***, a perfect hourglass shape with a great career, the list goes on. But she has a wig glued to her head.
I mean, this will be my only viable option. Even as a woman, I wont ever feel comfortable telling somone if I have a hairpiece, if I am not certain whether the relationship is going to last.
You say you wouldn't have a problem if a girl used a wig. You said this as a guy with male pattern baldness tho. The world can be a cruel place.

Can't imagine how stressful and devastating it must be for women dealing with this condition ... especially young women.

You seem like a sweet girl. I hope things somehow get better, or at least stabilize, for you.

For what it's worth, and maybe I'm in the minority among men, but I'd take the fit, attractive girl in the wig over, say, the overweight girl with perfect hair any day...

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
At first glance at opposite sex I prefer a fit man with no hair over an out of shape man with full head of hair any day. Fit to their frame/height too bulky looks off to me if they don't have frame for it.

Since i have noticed some thinning i have definitely worked harder on my fitness and eating also my skin care. It actually makes me feel better about it. Cant control my hair but I can control what i put in my mouth and my workouts.

just my very superficial two cents.

samantha3333

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Can't imagine how stressful and devastating it must be for women dealing with this condition ... especially young women.

You seem like a sweet girl. I hope things somehow get better, or at least stabilize, for you.

For what it's worth, and maybe I'm in the minority among men, but I'd take the fit, attractive girl in the wig over, say, the overweight girl with perfect hair any day...

Thanks.
But the thing is, 99% of young women aren't faced with this crap. Of course any guy would take the fit, attractive girl in the wig over the overweight girl with perfect hair, but they wouldn't be faced with this dilemma.

I'd be completely crept out if the guy I've been dating for only two months told me he wears a wig and/or has hair transplant done. It'd be almost like you let someone in on a secret and you just met them not long ago. The real life is not hollywood movies sadly. Any relationship needs a strong foundation to deal with sh*t like that.

My opinion is that if I make it look perfect, always undo/redo the system in my own privacy, I'm not going to tell a guy until I decides to move in with him. I just can't trust anyone that much to reveal a secret like that. I even thought I wouldn't tell my mum if I had to go down this road. She'd be really really upset and nag me endlessly that I should never shave my head and wear a piece. People just don't understand what we are going through. And if I don't think they do, I will never share anything about hair loss with them.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
Though one. I'd say there's no need to bring it up early on as long as you're not hiding it. If she asks about your hair you have to tell her.

Noah

Reaction score
Tell me they are perfect and I will believe you Noah :(Seriously tho, if some dudes could make it look so damn perfect, I'd be shamed to death if I couldn't as a woman. lol

Hi Samantha - honestly, I have been really happy wearing hair. Of course there is a bit of work, a bit of expense and a bit of compromise (I have had to put my career as a mud-wrestler on hold) but it's all manageable, and so much better than being bald. Once I got used to the techniques and began doing it myself (as opposed to relying on a salon) I feel it has solved my hair problems for most practical purposes. The psychological stuff is the most difficult, and that gets easier with time.

Not in any way to minimise the problems you are experiencing, but I think you're right to say that there is a difference between men and women in society's degree of acceptance of artificial hair, and cosmetic enhancement generally. So many women in the public eye and generally nowadays choose quite openly to have a severe cropped style a la Sinead OConnor and then add elaborate luxuriant wigs as the mood takes them, which I guess most guys find pretty sexy. I feel if I were a girl I would "own" the situation that way. Obviously I don't know your situation, and I may be talking complete balls as far as your life is concerned.

You say you would be completely crept out if the guy you've been dating tells you he wears a piece and/or has a hair transplant. I actually wonder if you really would if you liked the guy. We who have hairloss tend to fixate on the issue, and it assumes a disproportionate importance. I have found that in the real world other people take baldness and hair replacement in their stride far more than you would expect. There is a big difference between the issue viewed in the abstract, and when it is part of a person you know and are fond of.

Tell us a bit more about your story. Are you wearing, or just contemplating the possibility that you will have to?
Noah

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Just my opinion

I think everyone is going to feel different no one knows how someone will take something.

If i met a man i liked a lot and we were going to have sex first time and he revealed he was missing a testical i would not be mad i would just go with it...if he told me on our initial date it would be 'weird' and awkward....(for women looking to have children i don't know if this makes a long term difference) but i am talking from a physical standpoint.

there are men who are athletes (and woman) who are missing a limb and are still active and fit well adjusted in spite of it..I find them sexy if they are sexy. OMG the guy from the dog commercial where he adopts the dog is killer sexy and he is missing his calf.

So i am not saying it across the board but i am just saying like if we are lacking in something physical we can try to make up for it else where.

I don't want to diminish what everyone is going through because i think losing your hair is traumatic especially in your 20s..Im 45 and my hair is just thinning, wide part and i am freaked out..its probably not going to get to a wig level at lest not for like 10 to 20 years but I'm still freaking out because its a part of 'me'...so i really feel a lot of empathy for what you are all going through especially if youre in 20s.

samantha3333

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You say you would be completely crept out if the guy you've been dating tells you he wears a piece and/or has a hair transplant. I actually wonder if you really would if you liked the guy. We who have hairloss tend to fixate on the issue, and it assumes a disproportionate importance. I have found that in the real world other people take baldness and hair replacement in their stride far more than you would expect. There is a big difference between the issue viewed in the abstract, and when it is part of a person you know and are fond of.

Tell us a bit more about your story. Are you wearing, or just contemplating the possibility that you will have to?
Noah

I dont even think wigs wearing are common to women. I don't know any woman who wears it. When I was young a lot of kids wear hair extension. I don't know anyone who wear it anymore.

I don't tend to talk about my issues with friends unless we are really really close. I moved to a new city a year ago and I've never told the girl I'm closest to here about my hair loss. Everything but hair loss. If the guy I've been dating for only two months "confessed" to me about something as serious as wig wearing, I might be crept out not because I would found it off putting (I will have to be honest here and say I am not sure if I would feel differently if I didn't have hair loss), but because I personally wouldn't reveal too much too soon.
I am just a very private person. Hell, I don't even bring my dates home when I want to hook up. Always their place. Cuddling with a guy to sleep *on my bed* is as intimate as sex to me. Maybe I am just a bit eccentric ..

I am on spironolactone. I am going to give it a full 8 months before I decide if it's working for me, if my hair can hold onto the 8th month. My hair overall looks fine. Thin but normal, except the left side of my hair line. 4 months ago it was ok, now it is nearly bald. The nape of my back and my sides are incredibly thin too I wouldn't be surprised if I needed a full cap or 3/4 in the future.

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I live in NYC area and i know a lot if not most of the women of color who have weaves and or wigs. I think its expensive to get good ones. I also think where i live things like this are more acceptable. But for me personally i am just not a high maintenance woman even at my job its very physical and long hours, also i workout hard a lot and i cannot imagine myself wearing a wig...so i don't project onto others 'hey just get a wig' i don think they are convenient for everyone.

@samantha3333 Im just curious did you get ferritin level checked? Mine was 12 the hair transplant Dr i saw is making me get that up to 70..Im at 40 so far.

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
sorry don't want to misrepresent myself..I am white but just saying its popular here among women of color regarding hair supplementing..Also a lot of conservative jewish people here in NY wear wigs and some are real good you would not know and some are awful.

samantha3333

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@hairblues Yes, I've tried everything. I am pretty sure it's Androgenetic Alopecia as it runs in my family. Surprisingly my mum's hair started to thin at the same time as mine did, the only difference is she's 45. Oh the irony. And she had very thin hair from the start and my hair was so thick I constantly got told by kids my hair looked like a wig. Now my hairline looks thinner than my mum's. Jesus.

yes a lot of black women wear wigs or some sort here too. And a lot of they don't mind if the part or hairline looks fake. I don't know any Asian or white women wear wigs tho.

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
@samantha3333 Sorry to hear this..I kept being told nothing was wrong until a hair transplant noticed my old blood test with 'normal' ferritin BUT he said way too low for healthy hair..I think that and perhaps mild Androgenetic Alopecia the low ferritin made it worse. I dont know for sure i think no one does until you do a treatment or protocol and wait 6 months.

I see a lot of hair systems on women here that don't look fake but maybe they are weaves i can't say for sure. But i am sure the really good ones are crazy expensive probably almost as if getting hair transplant.

@Vincent777 it sounds more like you are looking to express your self your style via your hair then worried about what people think in regards to hair loss and trying to 'hide' it...I think heterosexual men don't get to 'play' with their looks and some really want too. Weather it is various clothing styles, hair color etc. I think this is why so many straight men who are artists feel more comfortable to play their look because for some reason its more acceptable for male artists to express themselves then lets say an accountant.

samantha3333

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have a girlfriend and I am seriously thinking to try hair system soon, my hair is still somewhat ok and if hair loss doesn't progress I can cover the receded temples and the diffused front part of the hair with styling my hair the right way but I can't grow it longer without exposing my temples and I don't want to wear bangs all my life. But I fear it will progress and if it does I won't have a choice really. And even if it doesn't it's very exciting for me to wear different types and colours of hair, I look beautiful to myself with straight longer hair, that's why I destroyed mine with Brazilian Blowout (though I didn't know it was unhealthy when I did it). If wearing hair systems makes me some kind of an eccentric or a freak, I don't give a sh*t, I'm amusing myself and that's all that matters. Plus I don't plan to wear the best and the most undetectable ones.

It's good that you think this way.
As a young woman, I want voluminous hair. I want to be able to style my hair in different ways. I don't want to hide. So I will have to invest a lot of time and money on hair systems.
Women don't care men's hair THAT much tbh. I don't think any women would think why you always style your hair in a certain way, if you look good. Unlike men. The other day, I got asked by a guy if I only styled my hair this way and if i ever tied my hair up. Jesus, where did that come from?