How Do You Style A Norwood2? 7wordrule

StudyHacks

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I want to cover my receeding temples. Everytime I look in the mirror I hate what I see. I'm so suicidal. ffs

StudyHacks

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Okay and why are you not on any treatment ?? Your temples are being deleted, and i hope you already knew that though.
Oh I am. I've been on finasteride for a week now and when I took that picture I had already been on RU58841 2ml/day once a day for like 3-4 months, I am nowadays on both. Basically 5AR reduction plus AR blocking, this is supposedly, like, the best treatment you could be on afaik (from a MoA standpoint)

This is how I look when I style it

https://imgur.com/a/NTJ0ofC

NorwoodingMyWay

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Oh I am. I've been on finasteride for a week now and when I took that picture I had already been on RU58841 2ml/day once a day for like 3-4 months, I am nowadays on both. Basically 5AR reduction plus AR blocking, this is supposedly, like, the best treatment you could be on afaik (from a MoA standpoint)

This is how I look when I style it

https://imgur.com/a/NTJ0ofC
Looks really good styled like that.

Finasteride is a good start as usual, idk about RU though (mainly because it's still not approved for general public, so you are quite making a test subject out of yourself).

Why not add minoxidil for the temples ?? If it's inconvinient twice daily, once daily is proven to be just as enough.

StudyHacks

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Looks really good styled like that.

Finasteride is a good start as usual, idk about RU though (mainly because it's still not approved for general public, so you are quite making a test subject out of yourself).

Why not add minoxidil for the temples ?? If it's inconvinient twice daily, once daily is proven to be just as enough.
coz it doesnt regrow slick bald spots

Ollie

My Regimen
Reaction score
Just hope you’re a finasteride responder . Judge at the 1 year mark although from the efficacy studies results continue up to 2 years and some cases even more. Good luck

EDIT: and by the way you have good hair for now

StudyHacks

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Just hope you’re a finasteride responder . Judge at the 1 year mark although from the efficacy studies results continue up to 2 years and some cases even more. Good luck

EDIT: and by the way you have good hair for now
I was told it takes at a maximum 6 months to see if it's working or not. If it doesn't by then then I should jump on dutasteride, or so I was told

Ollie

My Regimen
Reaction score
I was told it takes at a maximum 6 months to see if it's working or not. If it doesn't by then then I should jump on dutasteride, or so I was told

Not true - some people take a full year for results minimum. The official efficacy studies show 44% of men saw improvement by year 1 and 66% by the end of year 2.

stachu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I suggest you to shave hair on temples/sides like i do and leave hairline a bit longer. I have destroyed temples also, but shortening them to 3mm will do a big trick. like here
pixect-20160205081003gg-jpg.jpg

stachu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
I don't think you look like a good candidate for forehead reduction. You are heading for a NW3 and your density is not great. You are better off sticking with finasteride and minoxidil and stabilizing until you can get a hair transplant and maybe lower your hairline slightly. I know how you feel about the huge forehead(I hate mine) but at least you have nice hair for now to try to save. If you can just keep it stable, it really looks decent when you style it even with your long forehead.

StudyHacks

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't think you look like a good candidate for forehead reduction. You are heading for a NW3 and your density is not great. You are better off sticking with finasteride and minoxidil and stabilizing until you can get a hair transplant and maybe lower your hairline slightly. I know how you feel about the huge forehead(I hate mine) but at least you have nice hair for now to try to save. If you can just keep it stable, it really looks decent when you style it even with your long forehead.
So could I get that surgery 1 year post hair transplant?

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
So could I get that surgery 1 year post hair transplant?
I think you might be satisfied with just getting a slightly lower hairline with just a hair transplant only. In your third photo, I will honestly say your forehead actually looks fine. How many inches is it from your brow to your hairline?

Hair-pun

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Study hacks, your hair is great, so don’t stress about it so much. Get on approved treatments and you’ll probably keep what you have for many years. Great advice from stachu about hair cuts. In time finasteride will stop working you’ll look back at pictures of yourself now and wish you’d just enjoyed that Norwood 2! Dr House your comments are irresponsible, there is no way this guy needs surgery yet. No one would even suspect that he is losing his hair. It’s just about getting a good hair cut at the moment but comments like yours are just going to make him FEEL like there is something that needs rectifying when there clearly isn’t