How Do You Guys Cope With This Condition? | Page 4 | HairLossTalk Forums
Dismiss Notice
Forum Update: Aug 19. Feedback for the Admin? Upgrade coming: Click Here.

How Do You Guys Cope With This Condition?

Discussion in 'The Impact of Hair Loss' started by Baldingdane, Sep 24, 2019.

1. Haironnu

Haironnu Experienced Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    well I'm a diffuser so it's a whole different game for me when it comes to hair transplants.

2. karatekid

karatekid Experienced Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    you take finasteride? if you diffuser it should help u better

3. Haironnu

Haironnu Experienced Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    I don't because I'm scared af to take it because I already have issues that are possible side effects of the drug.

4. Wolf Pack

Wolf Pack Moderator My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    I would say those guys are not good socially then if they are so oblivious. That or they fall under the minimally attractive bracket so their personality never comes into play. A decent looking rugby player dating well in school, uni with a certain niche of girls may be mistaken for someone with good social skills, but actually is very one dimensional. Anyone with true social skills who has a variety of friends and life experience has no real need for PUA. I agree with keeping an open mind and that is why I said a book or two (PUA or basic psychology) is suffice for common grounding. There is no need to devote time and money into this. Not only is that a waste of those resources but most likely will make someone appear autistic and orchestrated in his behaviour. Those PUA artists that pull it off are already naturally charismatic and that fluid approach they advocate is already within them. Many of them are also good looking. So I think in some ways we are saying the same thing. PUA will help some guys, but not the overthinking or rigid guy, who may get worse. Overall most guys would do better just to groom well, get a good mix of actual experiences in any setting, work with his own personality.

I hardly remember the book I read all those year ago but I do remember thinking the 3 second rule was probably the only useful bit of info I came across. Since most people hesitate somewhat with approaches, especially when young. But the rest I found obvious or illogical in some ways. Don't complement a beautiful girl (8 plus) as she's been told loads already according to PUA books, yes that is obvious but it's also false and there is no rule. A beautiful girl who likes the look of you, will like you complementing her eyes if they indeed are her standout feature. So what if many men have told her? She doesn't like them but is into you. Developing real life skills come through experience beyond bootcamps. The game says pick out a negative feature in such women, rubbish. Same way it says complement a girl who is a 5/6. Well again, if she's not into you, it doesn't make her want to purse you or respect you anymore.

I respect your posts a lot as you do mine but I know this is what we always disagree on, alphas :p I believe it exists and not something just in a Wolf's den ::D There is such a thing as alpha and it is what girls want. And it is most definitely not the a**h**, yep, that's the misinterpretation like you wrote which people see through. Girls want a guy that is good looking, defends her when needed, understanding,desired by others, playful, supports his friends and family, not afraid to show his emotions in relevant circumstances etc - these are alpha qualities and many more. Deep down almost all girls want to be romanticised by such a guy. That is why they give more chances to such guys even later in life, it's innate.

PUA guys are harmless overall and good fun. The worry is the trend towards incel forums. I saw this story the other day and I know some of the minority proud incels who may support this, perhaps they used to be on here.

https://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-51330261

These guys are the lowest forms of human beings too caught up in their own virtual world. Check this from the story.

Dr Christine Hendren of Duke University told BBC News that "the stakes were high".

"Some robots are programmed to protest, to create a rape scenario," she said.

"Some are designed to look like children. One developer of these in Japan is a self-confessed paedophile, who says that this device is a prophylactic against him ever hurting a real child.

"But does that normalise and give people a chance to practise these behaviours that should be treated by just stamping them out?"

This is deviancy and away from normal human behaviour. Stamp them out.

5. INT

INT Senior Member

Dislikes Received:
    If I remember correctly, that book was called Mystery Method:p. Haha those were the days. I am turning 30 by the end of this year and even though I currently live in the big city where it is ok to 'hunt' for guys and people still go out here till a relatively old age, I miss the college days because of how carefree and blissfully ignorant you could be at that time.

Oh I am not denying that women are more attracted to good looking men that defends her needs, is understanding, desired by others, supportive, and not afraid to show emotions in relevant circumstances. The proof is in the pudding. My aversion against the word is how it gets used by a lot of men who think that in order to be alpha you have to:

- Treat women like sh*t
    - Play mind games with women
    - Be right-winged
    - Not show compassion, empathy to others because those are beta traits
    - Always be aggressive
    - Be on a keto diet
    - Listen to Joe Rogan and Jordan Peterson
    etc.

Of course, some are taken out of context but you get my point. For many people, the opposite of an Alpha is a 'nice guy' and by introducing this alpha-beta dichotomy, young ('red-pilled') men get the impressions that you cannot be a nice person while 'being Alpha' at the same time,. This is very toxic. Luckily, most men will grow out of this when they get older.

#65 INT, Feb 19, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2020
  6. Pigeon

Pigeon Senior Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    giphy.gif

Wolf Pack likes this.
  7. karatekid

karatekid Experienced Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    I think in general, the best thing young people can do for themselves is getting out of the internet.

Ikkaku, S14a, Wolf Pack and 1 other person like this.
  8. Timii

Timii Experienced Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    None of that matters. You don't need to be a badboy or some alpha aggressive douche. Just be good looking and behave normally, that's the formula for success.

Wolf Pack likes this.
  9. INT

INT Senior Member

Dislikes Received:
    A lot of men think it does unfortunately.

10. Pigeon

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    That's what the incels say though lol.

StudyHacks likes this.
  11. Timii

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Because it's simple logic. If she is attracted to you everything you have to do is to not behave autistically (saying inappropriate things, being overly shy and passive, only super short answers, etc).

StudyHacks likes this.
  12. Pigeon

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    I agree, incels do take this to the extreme though and say you have no chance if you're not good looking even with normal or uglier girls since the standards of young contemporary women are off the charts.

13. Timii

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Yeah, I am well informed about incels' world view. They have some good points but they tend to exaggerate very badly sometimes and they often resort to Tinder as main argument. The problem with Tinder is that majority of its userbase is men, only a small part of the population uses it and those women on Tinder only look for a quick f***. On a side note, never tell anyone about your views if you agree with incels even if they don't know anything about incels. They will quickly think you are a mysogynist shut in basement dweller. I was literally called 'too conservative' the other day. Ah yes, and don't you dare complain about hair loss, it's not really a problem because women apparently overlook such 'details'.

Pigeon and INT like this.
  14. Kvasir

Kvasir New Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Using anti-androgens and hoping to be able to get a hair transplant

Baldingdane and karatekid like this.
  15. Wolf Pack

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    That's the book! Hehe you're just a few years younger than me so we remember a similar youth. Definitely there was something unique about those days, mainly because you're learning everything for the first time and it's exciting. Living away from home, basic ready meals, sharing a house with good friends, going out at least 5 times a week, new random sexual experiences, learning about ways to looksmax through hearsay (innocent simple way unlike now) and discovering your personality. Study hard, party hard. Getting girls was just based on "who fancies the look of who" and just flirting and sharing stuff. The good old days with basic forums and simplistic social media. I get the nostalgia and I can still see why very young guys need their hair for this, even more now. When I watch FreshMeat (UK student series) or even other euro young life serials, I still feel it. But I don't actually ever miss it or think about this life anymore because I also enjoy my present for quite a few reasons.

You're spot on that it's okay for "older guys" to keep dating around. I see my mates on tinder talking about their conquests and tbh even much older people are doing it. There is a certain fluidity nowadays which is nice. But main reason I don't look back is that with age comes money which means more to me these days because it provides me more experiences and more time for hobbies. I have my own family and I couldn't ask for a better sex life so while I still get tempted like any other man for variety, it's not a burning desire anymore. The money gives me and my mates/family more opportunities. At uni I had limited access to funds even if I technically had an inheritance. I had a semi decent car and basic clothes but you know how it is. Now I can buy a lot more of things I like and I can do more lad trips abroad or visit some cool place with whoever. I guess I see this as part of growing up and I'm ageing well which definitely helps me. But I totally get why for some it's all sad and they wish to keep doing that as they age or being 21 forever. I'll probably feel concerned about ageing once I get to 50 I think but plenty of worse **** out there.

Dating as a 30 something attractive man, you can easily get younger girls, same age or older MILFs. I think it's a good spot, looks are just as key but with the benefit of sharing more life experiences so dating seems more fun IMO.

Ahh I get you. But do you meet many men like this in your life? In my experience, looking at people I know and who they know, most people are not that absorbed into all that stuff. Those tend to be online folk with a limited actual life. Other that that, I did meet actual dicks but they are not doing it to be alpha for women in the way you described, they just like to fight, do dodgy stuff, treat women like crap. It's more a personality trait than something they picked up online. I agree, maybe teens or early 20s may be like that but will realise after it's a load of crap. Right wing is just a trend we are seeing global irrespective of those guys - even without them the movements would continue. People are very polarised these days on either side. Rogan I just view as a cheap commentator. JP I haven't listened to much but I didn't see anything new that he said and would never say I am part of his cult. His 12 rules of life are just obvious and a quick rehash of philosophy. I also don't agree when he says happiness can never be obtained so quit chasing it. Yeah, because he has been depressed and angry forever, of course every human being is also destined for that. No one has died happy, ever. He's an intellect and he's using that credibility to play to the gallery and target angry young white men mainly to join his cult. He doesn't leave space for open mindedness which I have a problem with. I agree with him on that it is sad that traditional life has changed and we should try to reverse it. But I didn't agree with his armchair criticism of a revolutionary leader like Che Guevara at all.

INT likes this.
  16. INT

INT Senior Member

Dislikes Received:
    I am also enjoying my life quite a lot. But still, sometimes I wish I could go for a weekend trip to my 21 year old self:p. Happy for you that your life seems to be in a good place right now. Yeah in a way, dating now is also more fun than it used to be when I was younger. There is less game playing and you have a better sense of who you do and do not want to date. I feel that people also become a bit more authentic during dates when they move on from college life. Also, people 'grow sexually'. Does not mean that I never have an occasional 'miss' every once in a while but hey, at least that makes a fun story for my friends:).

Now here is the thing. I do not meet many men like that in my life. I only 'meet' them online, which tells you exactly what their problem is. Spot on analysis about JP btw!

Wolf Pack likes this.
  17. Wolf Pack

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    I wouldn't mind if I went back for a weekend (or 6 months :p) either. Yep, girls are way more direct now and they also are less likely to waste time either way. TBH the chase (once a girl is into you) was always simply about her getting to know you and ruling out red flags. And it works both ways. But yeah, games were more common in younger girls and a pisstake, now it's way more expressive and that's a good thing. I also think even college girls now will be more direct and that times have changed a little. When I was at college a girl would often be shy and get her friends to tell your friends (perhaps you), that she likes you. I mean, obviously not every time but it happened. Sometimes just being drunk, saying hello and having her write her number on your arm was enough. But that's alcohol for you.

Overall I would say pretty girls rarely directly complement an attractive guy at the first instance since it doesn't look good for them facing rejection or being seen as below them/easy. Instead they may try to show their own worth in many ways, letting you know you can chase them or say you're their kind of guy without much elaboration. After you get to know them or over alcohol, it's more direct.

I like my friends' stories. They vary from when a girl from tinder changed her mind while he was naked lol or how one got a pretty PhD student or a total chav etc.

The virtual man is only a man in his room.

18. disfiguredyoungman

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    In my experience being an a**h** with a soft spot goes pretty well with women. For some the soft spot seems to be optional. Confidence never hurts it just hast to be sincere.

19. DoctorHouse

DoctorHouse Senior Member

Dislikes Received:
    Make sure you target very attractive women with low self esteem. Not common today but they do exist. After, all we have a forum full of good looking guys with BDD and low self esteem.

20. pegasus2

pegasus2 Senior Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Nah dude. Stay away from women with low self-esteem if you're smart. They are the ones that like to monkey branch because they think you're going to leave them for someone better.

swingline747 likes this.