How Do You Guys Cope With This Condition?

karatekid

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
My father and grandfather went bald too on their 40s and started to lose hair already on their 20s. I see it happening to many people. Out of 24yo men, 24% have noticiable hair loss. It surely sucks to have hair loss at young age, but you shouldn't stress about it. Also I think these so called solutions create even more anxiety. I'm 19yo and it's likely that I will be NW2 10 years from now, which wouldn't be optimal, because I have a naturally high hairline, but I really don't see myself ever losing sleep over hair loss. It's only a small part of your looks and your looks are only a small part of you.
f*ck off
hair is not small part of your looks you moron stop talking sh*t and get the f*ck out of here

Onni

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
f*ck off
hair is not small part of your looks you moron stop talking sh*t and get the f*ck out of here

Maybe not small, but not big either. Same thing about height. People who are depressed over balding/being under 6ft tall need a different attitude.

karatekid

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Maybe not small, but not big either. Same thing about height. People who are depressed over balding/being under 6ft tall need a different attitude.
No idoit, hair is huge part of the looks, is just plain fact. I have no problem with positive thinking, or different attitudes or whatever, and if someone dont put much weight on his looks in his life then great, good for him.
But hair takes major role of your attractiveness and if you are bald you are unattractive plain and simple, this is objective fact, nothing is subjective here. Im not going to explain it because if you dont see it around you, you are just ignorant and delusional.

Wolf Pack

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah that's probably the solution. Finasteride is holding my har steady. Around 14 months in. Started it when my dad told me that it was not only my tempels which was going, but there was a coin-size bald spot at my crown - now he wonders why it's gone. I'm just scared it will stop working, and the transplant will be a fail. I'm sure i'm thinning i the whole norwood 6-7 area already as it is easy to spot when my hair is wet, and my dad has shown me pictures of how his hair looked when he was 26-27 and it is BAD. (I'm 24 now). I follow the exact same balding path as my dad (without AA's). My destiny is norwood 6-7 by age 28-30.

I think my plan is to see if finasteride maintain my hair till i'm 26 i'll probably start dutasteride, give that one more year to evaluate how it works hairwise and in terms of side effects - and if i'm "in the clear" i'll get a transplant to fill in my temples and dense pack my frontal third. Then i could be a norwood 2 with alright/good density and that is basically a full set of hair for a 28 year old guy and then maintain for decade(s).

In the meantime, do you think it's worth giving minoxidil/dermarolling a go? Getting some density back would be awesome.

I think you'll be alright from the sounds of it and you're not giving up. I'm not just talking out of my *** here but I was destined to be a Norwood 3V but with finasteride I have zero loss for 5 years and I had a surgery to restore myself to Norwood 1 in my late 20s. I've shown my hair before and it's thick Norwood 1. finasteride is good stuff for people who are not too aggressive and if you see the success story section, there are people who are destined to be Norwood 6 but you can't even tell now that it's their pattern. They are not even diffuse Norwood 6 but full head. Only start dutasteride if finasteride isn't working, if you chase some regrowth another approach is better such as transplant and/or minoxidil. I wasn't diffuse so I didn't bother with Minoxidil and didn't want to risk skin damage but if you're very diffuse this medication is a must since it can work wonders. Yes dermaroller with 1.5mm once a week should provide better results, it's good for maintenance too, not as a solo treatment of course!

It just sounds like your scared which is understandable but you should feel calm after a successful 14 months on finasteride. My mindset totally changed at month 6 on finasteride and having done the reading on the drug - once you respond you're good to go. Dense pack the crap out of the front like I did and you plan to, well worth it. I don't worry for hair loss now and if some small area thins a little, I'll just fill it with another transplant. I'm confident I will be 50 with a full head and some minor thinning after that I don't worry for. These days I enjoy my time with my family, time is precious and limited, who knows what the future holds. Illnesses, accidents, life circumstances changing can happen anytime to anyone so I believe in making the most of what comes our way and always did. Hair loss still sucks though especially at a young age and without successful treatment.

Onni

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
No idoit, hair is huge part of the looks, is just plain fact. I have no problem with positive thinking, or different attitudes or whatever, and if someone dont put much weight on his looks in his life then great, good for him.
But hair takes major role of your attractiveness and if you are bald you are unattractive plain and simple, this is objective fact, nothing is subjective here. Im not going to explain it because if you dont see it around you, you are just ignorant and delusional.

Hair is important and of course it sucks to go bald, especially in young age, but in that situation feeling obsessed over your hair makes it way worse.

karatekid

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hair is important and of course it sucks to go bald, especially in young age, but in that situation feeling obsessed over your hair makes it way worse.
Ye whatever Im not arguing about those stuff, I was focusing on the false statement that hair is 'small' part of your look, thats it.

Pep talk is fine but just dont throw sh*t into the air

Onni

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Ye whatever Im not arguing about those stuff, I was focusing on the false statement that hair is 'small' part of your look, thats it.

Pep talk is fine but just dont throw sh*t into the air

I'm in the nightlife rn and at least when it comes to girls, short and bald guys do better, than tall guys with hair, if they're more straight forward and confident. I'm the last one and I see that all the time when I go out.

karatekid

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm in the nightlife rn and at least when it comes to girls, short and bald guys do better, than tall guys with hair, if they're more straight forward and confident. I'm the last one and I see that all the time when I go out.
So what are you waiting for bro? Starts taking some steroids or something to rapid your hairloss, get bald fast, and start banging all those hot chicks that waiting for you with their mouth open

Baldingdane

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think you'll be alright from the sounds of it and you're not giving up. I'm not just talking out of my *** here but I was destined to be a Norwood 3V but with finasteride I have zero loss for 5 years and I had a surgery to restore myself to Norwood 1 in my late 20s. I've shown my hair before and it's thick Norwood 1. finasteride is good stuff for people who are not too aggressive and if you see the success story section, there are people who are destined to be Norwood 6 but you can't even tell now that it's their pattern. They are not even diffuse Norwood 6 but full head. Only start dutasteride if finasteride isn't working, if you chase some regrowth another approach is better such as transplant and/or minoxidil. I wasn't diffuse so I didn't bother with Minoxidil and didn't want to risk skin damage but if you're very diffuse this medication is a must since it can work wonders. Yes dermaroller with 1.5mm once a week should provide better results, it's good for maintenance too, not as a solo treatment of course!

It just sounds like your scared which is understandable but you should feel calm after a successful 14 months on finasteride. My mindset totally changed at month 6 on finasteride and having done the reading on the drug - once you respond you're good to go. Dense pack the crap out of the front like I did and you plan to, well worth it. I don't worry for hair loss now and if some small area thins a little, I'll just fill it with another transplant. I'm confident I will be 50 with a full head and some minor thinning after that I don't worry for. These days I enjoy my time with my family, time is precious and limited, who knows what the future holds. Illnesses, accidents, life circumstances changing can happen anytime to anyone so I believe in making the most of what comes our way and always did. Hair loss still sucks though especially at a young age and without successful treatment.
That's solid advice Wolfpack, i really appriciate it. And your right, i'm scared - that's why i consider dutasteride, just to be sure that i'm doing everything i can to stop the progression of male pattern baldness.
I'm in the early stages of diffusse thinning - easy to spot when hair is wet, hard to tell when hair is dry. But again, my dad has showed me pictures of how his hair looked when he was 26 and HOLY **** he was diffussed ALL OVER.

Do you think you can reach 50 with a full set of hair? How old are you now?

Baldingdane

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
My father and grandfather went bald too on their 40s and started to lose hair already on their 20s. I see it happening to many people. Out of 24yo men, 24% have noticiable hair loss. It surely sucks to have hair loss at young age, but you shouldn't stress about it. Also I think these so called solutions create even more anxiety. I'm 19yo and it's likely that I will be NW2 10 years from now, which wouldn't be optimal, because I have a naturally high hairline, but I really don't see myself ever losing sleep over hair loss. It's only a small part of your looks and your looks are only a small part of you.
i 100% disagree with you. And i have to say something. You are a 19 year old guy, who spent time on a hairloss forum. There must be some concerning inside of you.

Onni

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So what are you waiting for bro? Starts taking some steroids or something to rapid your hairloss, get bald fast, and start banging all those hot chicks that waiting for you with their mouth open

I ment that those things are not the most important, when it comes to for example meeting girls. I guess I'm too shy and an awkward dancer and that's why I couldn't do any worse with girls, but maybe I'll meet someone one day.

Derminator

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I hope you're not looking for any math oriented courses in college because your logical thinking skills are pretty nonexistent.

"I have hair and I'm tall, but I don't do well with girls, therefor these traits must not be that important".

What's your next conclusion gonna be? Money isn't important because the girls you want are not for sale?

Wolf Pack

My Regimen
Reaction score
That's solid advice Wolfpack, i really appriciate it. And your right, i'm scared - that's why i consider dutasteride, just to be sure that i'm doing everything i can to stop the progression of male pattern baldness.
I'm in the early stages of diffusse thinning - easy to spot when hair is wet, hard to tell when hair is dry. But again, my dad has showed me pictures of how his hair looked when he was 26 and HOLY **** he was diffussed ALL OVER.

Do you think you can reach 50 with a full set of hair? How old are you now?

Hi mate, just keep doing what you are and you'll be fine. I can tell from your avatar. You will maintain enough hair with the option of a nice improvement. Yes I think I'll be a full head at 50, in my early 30s now. I have thick black wavy hair ( my surgeon said he hadn't seen many better) which doesn't look see through even in water, just the way it is. It's holding on well with Finasteride, plus I have 8k grafts left to transplant if I ever need them which will produce good results in someone like me. I don't want to worry about something that is more or less a non issue. I'm glad I think like that because it's healthier as well.

If you ever go for surgery, looking at your forehead try to go for a hairline shape like this which is a mature one, it will complement you well as opposed to a straight one which will draw further attention.

karatekid

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I hope you're not looking for any math oriented courses in college because your logical thinking skills are pretty nonexistent.

"I have hair and I'm tall, but I don't do well with girls, therefor these traits must not be that important".

What's your next conclusion gonna be? Money isn't important because the girls you want are not for sale?

It's ok bro he is still a kiddo, I didnt bother to continue the argument with him, he will just learn with time.

Hi mate, just keep doing what you are and you'll be fine. I can tell from your avatar. You will maintain enough hair with the option of a nice improvement. Yes I think I'll be a full head at 50, in my early 30s now. I have thick black wavy hair ( my surgeon said he hadn't seen many better) which doesn't look see through even in water, just the way it is. It's holding on well with Finasteride, plus I have 8k grafts left to transplant if I ever need them which will produce good results in someone like me. I don't want to worry about something that is more or less a non issue. I'm glad I think like that because it's healthier as well.

If you ever go for surgery, looking at your forehead try to go for a hairline shape like this which is a mature one, it will complement you well as opposed to a straight one which will draw further attention.

damn looks like exactly what I need. I have kinda similar hairloss and I will kill to get this hairline. I just wonder how it will look like when he will keep losing his native front hair...

Baldingdane

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

I'm glad you think so mate. I'll just stick out the big 3 as long as possible, and see how long it's going to maintain my hair. And yeah, that should probably give some peace of mind, but i'm kind og obsessing/stressed out about it - I just can't understand that i let the balding process go so long before doing something.. F*cking hell man, my hair is so damn important to me, and my dad has been telling (not directly, but you know, a lot of "heads up") that i was loosing my hair, and i didn't do anything.. But seriously, i started balding at 18 and if someone told me back then, that some men actually go bald in their early twenties (even earlier for some) i would have thought they were making a joke.... I guess i have to try and cut the obsession and just stick with my treatments.. It's kind of my only option! Maybe i look back when i'm 30 with a better set of hair than i have now, who knows.. Good luck keeping up with your treatments, and credit for being a genuine good admin with solid advice!

NorwoodingMyWay

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Baldness doesn't render you automatically unattractive, it's when a girl sees a man always self concious about his hair condition that turns her off. Yes, balding sucks and there are some girls who prefer fullhead, but saying it's an "objective fact" when beauty is subjective doesn't make any sense. I will tell you right now that no drug or topical will reverse your balding process 100% (unless some extreme regimen that involves Estrogen and transexual drugs, even then everyone reacts differently). So either you deal with this fact and improve other traits about you, or keep whinning while every follicle dies every 3 months.

Fanjeera

Reaction score
24% of 24yearolds!? Where are those people. More like 5%.

Baldness doesn't render you automatically unattractive, it's when a girl sees a man always self concious about his hair condition that turns her off. Yes, balding sucks and there are some girls who prefer fullhead, but saying it's an "objective fact" when beauty is subjective doesn't make any sense. I will tell you right now that no drug or topical will reverse your balding process 100% (unless some extreme regimen that involves Estrogen and transexual drugs, even then everyone reacts differently). So either you deal with this fact and improve other traits about you, or keep whinning while every follicle dies every 3 months.

It just lower your looks score on 1--10 scale by 1--2 points. If you had perfect rather long hair with a cool haircut, then 2 points, if you had thin and short hair anyway, then 1 point.

whatintheworld

Reaction score
Balding, of the severe kind (norwood 4+) can easily take you down 3 points, especially in today's metro-sexualized society. The amount of time men are spending for clothing preparation, styling, grooming, has gone to unprecedented levels.

It leads one to question if winning the affection of such women who value these things so highly is even worth it.

OldnBald

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Balding, of the severe kind (norwood 4+) can easily take you down 3 points, especially in today's metro-sexualized society. The amount of time men are spending for clothing preparation, styling, grooming, has gone to unprecedented levels.

It leads one to question if winning the affection of such women who value these things so highly is even worth it.
It can (take 3 pts away) if you let the hair grow out. And for some, even shaven can take that way as well. But, for a fair amount of guys, shaving it to stubble or gone all together can mitigate the point loss. For some guys, maybe only ends up taking a point or so away, and in rare occurrences, even gaining upwards to a point (aside from that some black guys just look better shaved).

In the end, if your hair is at the point of taking too much away from your looks, shave it. Too many nerds on this site and people in general keep that thin nw3 with that monster forehead grown out for far too long. Do not do such things.