How Do You Guys Cope With This Condition?

Baldingdane

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
How to cope with this UGLY *** condition?
Like.... I can't stand looking myself in the mirror..... I feel NO motivation to do ANYTHING in life anymore. I'm freaking 24 with a norwood 3v with diffusse thinning all over my scalp. And i know others have it worse.. That doesn't take away the pain.
BTW. Some friends have named me egghead. They don't know how much i suffer. Life is a f*****g joke.... The last year, i keep daydreaming about suicide, and i don't know how much longer i can take this sh*t....

S14a

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I used toppik until I felt the hairloss getting worse...pulled the trigger and got FUE...awaiting the outcome, almost 3 months in.

Baldingdane

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I can completely relate... At eighteen, I had my first dutasteride shed and it left my hair in a disastrous state, which can be confirmed by @Itsnoahkennedy. It sparked significant episodes of derealisation and depression, along with paranoia and worsening anxiety when leaving the house.

HRT and AAs have shown me the light, and it’s slowly brightening the dimness inside my mind, leading to myself finally seeing colour once again.
Waiting for estrofem to arrive. Will start oral minoxidil with it. f*** HAIRLOSS, f*** DHT. I refuse to let this disease take my hair!!

BiBiBaldy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
How to cope with this UGLY *** condition?
Like.... I can't stand looking myself in the mirror..... I feel NO motivation to do ANYTHING in life anymore. I'm freaking 24 with a norwood 3v with diffusse thinning all over my scalp. And i know others have it worse.. That doesn't take away the pain.
BTW. Some friends have named me egghead. They don't know how much i suffer. Life is a f*****g joke.... The last year, i keep daydreaming about suicide, and i don't know how much longer i can take this sh*t....
You soldier on as best you can, is the short answer. Sometimes your perspective changes with time, sometimes it doesn't. One thing I would say that really widens your perspective is something *serious*. I won't go into details for privacy reasons, but I've recently had a run of major health problems - basically, I've got a lot of warning signs suggesting that I'm going to die young, or else suffer a serious disability. Let me tell you: fears about being bald go out the window when you get news like that. If you want a more local example, talk to the guys who get post-finasteride syndrome, and ask them if they still care about being bald. I bet they'll say they'd give anything to be bald but have their health again. Baldness IS a big deal, much bigger than society makes it out to be. But it is nothing compared to actual, terminal health problems.

whatintheworld

Reaction score
No, never give up the hair loss battle, use every piece of arsenal you have against it. Transplants,HRT...whatever you think will work. I could never accept being bald.

Dude, HRT is a line that shouldn't be crossed. Big 3 and transplants is fine.

Wolf Pack

My Regimen
Reaction score
finasteride or dutasteride it, why risk your health going beyond that? You don't sound too far gone hair wise so it's possible to keep the rest with anti androgens. Then have a mega session over 2 days of 5k grafts (all on top including lowering that hairline) problem solved unless you're one of the unlucky few. Everyone feels they are the one that's fcked by hair loss, but most people are far from that. Your hair genetics don't look really bad and provided you can take finasteride (seems so), you're good to go. Without finasteride, it gets a bit complicated and everything becomes a compromise whether you pursue hardcore pills or rely solely on transplants.

Baldingdane

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
finasteride or dutasteride it, why risk your health going beyond that? You don't sound too far gone hair wise so it's possible to keep the rest with anti androgens. Then have a mega session over 2 days of 5k grafts (all on top including lowering that hairline) problem solved unless you're one of the unlucky few. Everyone feels they are the one that's fcked by hair loss, but most people are far from that. Your hair genetics don't look really bad and provided you can take finasteride (seems so), you're good to go. Without finasteride, it gets a bit complicated and everything becomes a compromise whether you pursue hardcore pills or rely solely on transplants.

Baldingdane

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah that's probably the solution. Finasteride is holding my har steady. Around 14 months in. Started it when my dad told me that it was not only my tempels which was going, but there was a coin-size bald spot at my crown - now he wonders why it's gone. I'm just scared it will stop working, and the transplant will be a fail. I'm sure i'm thinning i the whole norwood 6-7 area already as it is easy to spot when my hair is wet, and my dad has shown me pictures of how his hair looked when he was 26-27 and it is BAD. (I'm 24 now). I follow the exact same balding path as my dad (without AA's). My destiny is norwood 6-7 by age 28-30.

I think my plan is to see if finasteride maintain my hair till i'm 26 i'll probably start dutasteride, give that one more year to evaluate how it works hairwise and in terms of side effects - and if i'm "in the clear" i'll get a transplant to fill in my temples and dense pack my frontal third. Then i could be a norwood 2 with alright/good density and that is basically a full set of hair for a 28 year old guy and then maintain for decade(s).

In the meantime, do you think it's worth giving minoxidil/dermarolling a go? Getting some density back would be awesome.

Onni

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
My father and grandfather went bald too on their 40s and started to lose hair already on their 20s. I see it happening to many people. Out of 24yo men, 24% have noticiable hair loss. It surely sucks to have hair loss at young age, but you shouldn't stress about it. Also I think these so called solutions create even more anxiety. I'm 19yo and it's likely that I will be NW2 10 years from now, which wouldn't be optimal, because I have a naturally high hairline, but I really don't see myself ever losing sleep over hair loss. It's only a small part of your looks and your looks are only a small part of you.