HMI-115 PRLR antibody: The Most Promising Treatment Ever

RolfLeeBuckler

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It depends on what you mean by 1:1. I think that the timing between animals and humans is different, also inherent to the diversity of the problem. do you know how long the monkeys were bald? 4 years in the life of a monkey is much longer than 4 in the life of a man.
Thats a Good point

Dimitri001

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't get the attitude of, oh ,it's just another finasteride and minoxidil. Scroll through Tressless at any given time and you'll see people make massive gains with those drugs. Maybe you'll be a hyperresponder to this drug like they are to those and if not, maybe the effect is additive. Of course, that's all presuming the price isn't astronomical, but as someone already said, if the effect isn't like in the monkeys, then they'll have to cut the price down, too (if the cost of production permits).

Joxy

Experienced Member
Reaction score
This is so dissapointing. Compared to the Monkeys nearly nothing :(
Maybe Good for maintenance.

@Pegasus you Said that macques have the same hair loss like People. How do you think about the differences of HMI-115 now?
Vast majority of drugs tested on animals/mice failed during the clinical trials.

Organoids/Organ-on-a-chips in future will give us much better picture how drugs reacts on humans, but all these new technologies are still in primitive stage.

Joxy

Experienced Member
Reaction score
The only hope for HMI-115 is if they increase or double the dosage. Does everyone knows how big dosage monkeys receieved and how big participants in the trials receieved?

Joxy

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I don't get the attitude of, oh ,it's just another finasteride and minoxidil. Scroll through Tressless at any given time and you'll see people make massive gains with those drugs. Maybe you'll be a hyperresponder to this drug like they are to those and if not, maybe the effect is additive. Of course, that's all presuming the price isn't astronomical, but as someone already said, if the effect isn't like in the monkeys, then they'll have to cut the price down, too (if the cost of production permits).
Totally agree. There are many people who get massive results with finasteride+min. Plus, they get decent hair transplant and maintain their norwood many many years.

If all these new drugs doesn’t give massive growth, then there is no point for someone to buy their expensive product, when they already have very cheap one.

Most people will not bother to put 10 drugs on their hair everyday or couple of times per week just to get some improvement. They want to see clear visual difference when they look at the mirror.

trunks

Reaction score
I don't get it, how stupid someone have to be to totally ignore the fact that minoxdil not-responders exist. And that some people can't tolerate (even) finasteride because of side effects.

"I have seen people on tressless with better results on finasteride/min only"

But you haven't seen thousands of Minoxidil not-responders / Finasteride-limp-dick-blessed guys who has nothing to brag about and are waiting for some other options.

Even if these were the average result of the treatment - I would not be disappointed. And as far as I know macaques were getting regrowth many months after the treatment has finished.

Also, estimating efficiency from one (n=1) anonymous user (Reddit Medical Database inc.) is just... Just wait for the phase II results.

Sorry, for my english, I am not native speaker, haven't logged for years here. Let as pray that this is not another "Brotzu lotion" xD

RolfLeeBuckler

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't get it, how stupid someone have to be to totally ignore the fact that minoxdil not-responders exist. And that some people can't tolerate (even) finasteride because of side effects.

"I have seen people on tressless with better results on finasteride/min only"

But you haven't seen thousands of Minoxidil not-responders / Finasteride-limp-dick-blessed guys who has nothing to brag about and are waiting for some other options.

Even if these were the average result of the treatment - I would not be disappointed. And as far as I know macaques were getting regrowth many months after the treatment has finished.

Also, estimating efficiency from one (n=1) anonymous user (Reddit Medical Database inc.) is just... Just wait for the phase II results.

Sorry, for my english, I am not native speaker, haven't logged for years here. Let as pray that this is not another "Brotzu loti

Unfortunately the clinical investigators Said to this Moeman that he was the best responder…

coolio

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
"If you use HMI then you have to quit Finasteride & minoxidil. They cannot be combined." - said no HMI researcher, ever.

"I don't wanna get a series of injections that make my hair grow back long-term. I'd rather keep putting greasy Minoxidil on my head and taking dick-limping, hormone-altering Finasteride pills every single day for decades." - said no balding guy, ever.

"I don't need another weapon against hair loss that would thicken up my hair more, in addition to Finasteride & Minoxidil & transplants. My hair is as thick as I want it right now." - said no balding guy, ever.

1702679138481.jpeg

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score

@Pegasus you Said that macques have the same hair loss like People. How do you think about the differences of HMI-115 now?
What difference? N=1 doesn't tell us anything.

As I've said before, macaques don't go slick bald, so it's possible it won't work on slick bald areas. Although it seemed to for moeman

acbrantlin

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
After seeing Rassman talk about how Amplifica is only doing injections for its trial and plans on switching to a topical/cream for commercial release, there's a possibility that Hope Medicine might do the same for HMI-115 which would be really disappointing. But based on the apparent mechanism and systemic duration of the drug, there's a decent chance they keep it as in-office injections. But from a business standpoint injections are so consumer-unfriendly and profit-unfriendly, it's a very real likelihood that they make it a topical for commercial release. I was under the impression that you had to re-trial different types of applications of drugs before putting them on the market, but I don't think you do in this case.

If it does work, and if it ever does release, and if they do end up releasing it as a topical, then hopefully it can be a once a week application instead of bidaily.

coolio

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
A topical version of HMI would probably need its own set of clinical trials.

RolfLeeBuckler

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
For me injections Are much more Consumer friendly. I have diffuse hair loss so i would Need Maybe 1 Hour a day to treat my hairloss area with f*****g topical.

It isnt unusual to get injections of antibody. Thats a Standard at Dermatologist.
People get hair transplants in clinics so i think injections Arent bad. These fat-away injections Are also the same Method

Hairismylife

Established Member
Reaction score

From slick-bald to this, it's a massive regrowth! I don't know why you will say disappointed, it is 2 NWs recovery.

coolio

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I wouldn't call these results awesome by normal people's standards.

But knowing about hair loss, and considering the difficulty of regrowing on slick-bald skin, IMO it may be better than Minoxidil.

Also, this recent pic is only 6 months after treatment. For all we know he might keep improving and not level off until 24 months or something.

This would be a stupid hope with most other hair treatments but HMI is unusual. The macaques looked better like a year after the trial was over. I don't know when they leveled off (or how long their hair cycles are compared to human scalps) but I would guess the drug effect timeline on humans is longer in comparison.

coolio

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If HMI can even just give a dramatic slowing/stoppage in future hair loss or a mild reversal, that would be huge for us. MANY more guys would be transplantable into Norwood#1-3 range if they had the luxury of dumping more of their donor hair into the existing loss areas.

I think Vertoporfin (an existing scar-reducing medication) probably has the potential to improve transplant outcomes a bit. There has been a frustrating lack of testing on it so far but that is starting to change. It's not gonna give "unlimited donor hair" or "scar-less surgery" but it seems to make a visible impact on wound scarring. And if it can do that, it will probably help the survival rates of transplanted grafts too. Less scarring in the recipient areas also means more ability to dense-pack grafts over multiple surgeries.

Last edited:

ppma

Reaction score
HairLossTalk.com community is so depressive... So, what people do not see here, apart from the evident regrowth in a clinical phase whose main objective is not to assess effectivenes and dosage, but rather check efficacy and safety, is that it's being proven that the PRLR is really linked to Androgenetic Alopecia.

It might be that the antibody shows higher affinity to the monekys PRLR than for humans. It might be that the dosage is too low for humans. It might be a matter of the timespan of hair cycles... Only for HMI there is a lot to be researched.

But more importantly, this opens new research lines for new products based on silencing the PRLR, because, let's be clear, a monoclonal antibody is not very likely to be very marketable as a treatment for a (for many) cosmetical issue.