HMI-115 PRLR antibody: The Most Promising Treatment Ever

BurningCoals

My Regimen
Reaction score
I got rejected for surgery before. It was before I started finasteride (6x a week) and dutasteride (1x a week) and minoxidil, but the surgeon told me that my donor hair was average so I'm not going to bother until I reach a Norwood 4 or something.

Right now I buzz it, it sucks balls being subhuman, but it is better than Norwood 7. I don't know what it is about Norwood 7 but I think it's because balding on the sides makes the horseshoe pattern stick out more and people think you are disgusting. Also the tiny hairs on the crown and the ok hairs going across my head when buzzed somewhat give an illusion that I choose to shave (a cope, I know), but the hairline is basically gone and there is no fixing that. So face to face people see me as bald.
Also I remember you wore a hair system a while back, what happened to that?

Otrebor

My Regimen
Reaction score
so let's draw a line on this too? I had a lot of faith, I still have it, but if it proves useless it will be the definitive confirmation that we are cursed

coolio

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
We're speculating. The only real solid info we have on HMI-115 points to it working.

If we get the next round of human HMI trials data back (maybe next spring, realistically) and it's not working well . . . . . . yes, that's evidence that God has a grudge against us.

It's a logical assumption that HMI should work for us. It works well on stumptailed macaques. Those animals have the most similar type of hair loss to ours. If the human HMI results are different then it will be pretty frustrating. It could be an expensive & difficult task for the researchers to even figure out why the results were different, never mind coming up with a solution for it.

Macaques are different from mice. Mice regrow hair so easily that it usually doesn't teach us much. Researchers have only ever used mice in baldness trials because they are cheap and their life cycles are short. Macaques are slow and expensive.

Last edited:

It_is_over_for_nw7

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Didn't say he had bad characteristics, just average ones.

Yeah in true NW7 cases like the last guy it's virtually impossible to get a decent result, that we can all agree with (though I've seen some people with a bit higher horseshoes than him get not bad results considering the situation). Though it is pretty rare to see true NW7 cases like that, most people who are referred to as NW7 are really more like a "NW6.5".
This is an interesting take. If that's the case then I was never a Norwood 7 since my hair was more like prince Williams. But the surgeons said I was norwood 7. If you ask me, Balmer is a Norwood 8, which some surgeons have defined. Norwood 6 is high horseshoe with no dip in the back. Maybe Williams had just the dip in the back and is now technically a Norwood 7. But some guys it dips down the sides and the back AND recesses deep where the temple points are like larry david.

If every guy went to Norwood 6, hair loss would be treatable with surgery for more and more men, because there is less demand on the scalp and more supply to get hairs to cover it.

I didn't know how bad Joe tillman was with hair loss. He was definitely not a Norwood 6.

BurningCoals

My Regimen
Reaction score
This is an interesting take. If that's the case then I was never a Norwood 7 since my hair was more like prince Williams. But the surgeons said I was norwood 7. If you ask me, Balmer is a Norwood 8, which some surgeons have defined. Norwood 6 is high horseshoe with no dip in the back. Maybe Williams had just the dip in the back and is now technically a Norwood 7. But some guys it dips down the sides and the back AND recesses deep where the temple points are like larry david.

If every guy went to Norwood 6, hair loss would be treatable with surgery for more and more men, because there is less demand on the scalp and more supply to get hairs to cover it.

I didn't know how bad Joe tillman was with hair loss. He was definitely not a Norwood 6.
If you strictly follow the Norwood scale NW7 is when the horseshoe is really low like in Ballmer:
1693659632525.jpeg

Though also worth noting is that NW3 in the scale is when the recession goes all the way back to your ears, which is not super common in most people who are called NW3 (like me).

Haven't seen NW8 being an official thing, although I have seen people with extensive thinning on the sides in front of and around the ears, I remember the user @Catagen posted a pic of some guy who had gone slick bald in that area, so I think that would be a proper NW8 imo.

Yeah it's a tragedy that male pattern baldness has to be so extensive, if it had to exist I wish it stopped at NW2-3, then you could just get one or maybe two transplants and be set for life, or you could live with it just fine if you didn't want to get surgery. But no, can't have nice things. Or if male pattern baldness had to be extensive it would have been better if it was inverse so we went bald at the sides and back and kept the hair on top.

Ikr, it's amazing he got to how he is now, especially considering he had two awful butcher transplants in the 1990s.

It_is_over_for_nw7

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If you strictly follow the Norwood scale NW7 is when the horseshoe is really low like in Ballmer:
View attachment 185497
Though also worth noting is that NW3 in the scale is when the recession goes all the way back to your ears, which is not super common in most people who are called NW3 (like me).

Haven't seen NW8 being an official thing, although I have seen people with extensive thinning on the sides in front of and around the ears, I remember the user @Catagen posted a pic of some guy who had gone slick bald in that area, so I think that would be a proper NW8 imo.

Yeah it's a tragedy that male pattern baldness has to be so extensive, if it had to exist I wish it stopped at NW2-3, then you could just get one or maybe two transplants and be set for life, or you could live with it just fine if you didn't want to get surgery. But no, can't have nice things. Or if male pattern baldness had to be extensive it would have been better if it was inverse so we went bald at the sides and back and kept the hair on top.

Ikr, it's amazing he got to how he is now, especially considering he had two awful butcher transplants in the 1990s.
Tillman said before that he had very good scalp laxity and was able to do a lot of strip surgeries. He had over 10000 grafts used and his bad surgeries are covered over by the good ones so he still kept those grafts in place.

10000 grafts is a lot and with compromises for the crown area and a higher hairline you can get Joe's result.

A high hairline like his can work in your 40's but unfortunately it isn't that great at 30. He said before that for him to lower his hairline a cm he would need 2000 grafts, which he doesn't have. He has at most 1000 left.

BurningCoals

My Regimen
Reaction score
Tillman said before that he had very good scalp laxity and was able to do a lot of strip surgeries. He had over 10000 grafts used and his bad surgeries are covered over by the good ones so he still kept those grafts in place.

10000 grafts is a lot and with compromises for the crown area and a higher hairline you can get Joe's result.

A high hairline like his can work in your 40's but unfortunately it isn't that great at 30. He said before that for him to lower his hairline a cm he would need 2000 grafts, which he doesn't have. He has at most 1000 left.
10k grafts, and people say one only has 6k grafts lol.

Yeah he doesn't have a full head of hair or anything, under some conditions it looks quite thin, but if you're already bald then I don't think that's a massive deal in comparison.

True although you can just grow your hair out to cover the hairline, one doesn't need to have it slicked back 24/7. And you'd already have a worse hairline coming in so you don't lose anything.

coolio

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
10k grafts, and people say one only has 6k grafts lol.

Not all "grafts" are created equal. Some have 4-5 thick hair shafts, others have 1 thin shaft.

FUE docs will go for the best ones first. Strip docs go for the center of the donor zone (thickest shafts) first. So either way, the average per-graft result is going to decrease as you get more transplant work done.

I have seen some 10,000-graft patients. But I have never seen one that looks like double the results they had from the first 5000.

Sometimes 3000 grafts from one Doctor looks like 5000 from another. The amount of collateral damage they do to surrounding hair in the donor area is a factor too.

The final cosmetic result is all that matters. If you got 10,000 grafts done but it looks like 6500, then all you did was pay extra money for more scar tissue. There is nothing inherently better about moving more little chunks of skin to accomplish the same outcome.

Yeah he doesn't have a full head of hair or anything, under some conditions it looks quite thin, but if you're already bald then I don't think that's a massive deal in comparison.

True although you can just grow your hair out to cover the hairline, one doesn't need to have it slicked back 24/7. And you'd already have a worse hairline coming in so you don't lose anything.

The important thing is that it has to look natural. It's better to look natural with a higher hairline than try too hard.

The average young woman usually doesn't even know the basics, that hair loss never stops and it's more severe when it hits younger. She sees your hairline 2.5 centimeters higher than ideal and she doesn't think "Oh god, he's gonna be BALD by 2026!" She only thinks "His hairline is receded." That's it.

Real life does not take place in ideal lighting conditions. If a transplant only holds up in ideal conditions, then it's failing most of the time.

Last edited:

BurningCoals

My Regimen
Reaction score
Real life does not take place in ideal lighting conditions. If a transplant only holds up in ideal conditions, then it's failing most of the time.
Natural thinning hair changes a lot depending on lighting conditions.

coolio

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What a bunch of unfriendly snobs

I'm not trying to tear down Joe Tillman's results. I think he did pretty well considering the cards he was dealt by genetics & hair mills. And he chose to make his case very public in the hair transplant world.

As for Prince William & the other guy, they are both stupid-rich public figures.

It_is_over_for_nw7

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm not trying to tear down Joe Tillman's results. I think he did pretty well considering the cards he was dealt by genetics & hair mills. And he chose to make his case very public in the hair transplant world.

As for Prince William & the other guy, they are both stupid-rich public figures.
I think Prince Harry did get surgery in the front. William never did anything about his hair loss, though I think it would be in his best interest to do so. The sides of his head are really high and he might have sufficient donor hair to give him a very good look. He could not only afford any surgeon, but he could also afford to have the surgeon operate in his home with the wealth he has.

coolio

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
William?
Getting surgery now after he has been shiny bald for years?

No, that's a bad idea. He could never keep it a secret in 2023.

The tabloid press would give him endless crap for getting transplanted. They would be merciless if his result wasn't good. And the result would definitely NOT be good, because a normal person's idea of "good" is a no-baldness Norwood #2. Most people don't understand what is possible. They would just think "William got expensive hair surgery and he still looks receding/balding."

Harry is a black sheep in the family. If one of them was going to get transplants, he might be more likely.

But maybe Harry's balding is just less aggressive than William's. He is also a couple years younger.

Or maybe Harry got on Finasteride and William didn't.

If Harry ever wants to get transplants then he should hurry up and do it now while he still has some native hair. It will help hide the process while it heals. And he won't get lashed with so many questions if he restores it now before the public sees him looking like his brother.

It_is_over_for_nw7

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
William?
Getting surgery now after he has been shiny bald for years?

No, that's a bad idea. He could never keep it a secret in 2023.

The tabloid press would give him endless crap for getting transplanted. They would be merciless if his result wasn't good. And the result would definitely NOT be good, because a normal person's idea of "good" is a no-baldness Norwood #2. Most people don't understand what is possible. They would just think "William got expensive hair surgery and he still looks receding/balding."

Harry is a black sheep in the family. If one of them was going to get transplants, he might be more likely.

But maybe Harry's balding is just less aggressive than William's. He is also a couple years younger.

Or maybe Harry got on Finasteride and William didn't.

If Harry ever wants to get transplants then he should hurry up and do it now while he still has some native hair. It will help hide the process while it heals. And he won't get lashed with so many questions if he restores it now before the public sees him looking like his brother.
He could get the best surgeons possible. He would need to do strip surgery a few times.

Here is an example with a clinic that isn't an IAHRS member. There are better surgeons than this guy.

I think he would be able to get the frontal third done first, then work on the midscalp region on a second strip and add some density to the frontal third. And his last strip (or fue if he is stripped out) could be for a thin crown.

You can't tell me that wouldn't be an improvement on his horseshoe pattern.

coolio

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Here is an example with a clinic that isn't an IAHRS member. There are better surgeons than this guy.

I think he would be able to get the frontal third done first, then work on the midscalp region on a second strip and add some density to the frontal third. And his last strip (or fue if he is stripped out) could be for a thin crown.

You can't tell me that wouldn't be an improvement on his horseshoe pattern.

Getting good transplant work would probably give William a big cosmetic improvement. I agree.

But that is not the only factor he has to consider. He is not an anonymous single guy struggling to get dates.

And no matter how wealthy he is, no matter which doctor he hires, there is a real possibility of mediocre or bad results. It's more common than guys on these forums usually think.

Last edited:

It_is_over_for_nw7

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Getting good transplant work would probably give William a big cosmetic improvement. I agree.

But that is not the only factor he has to consider. He is not an anonymous single guy struggling to get dates.

And no matter how wealthy he is, no matter which doctor he hires, there is a real possibility of mediocre or bad results. It's more common than guys on these forums usually think.
Agreed. He is married with a kid (or 2). I think being in the spotlight hurts him a lot. But also his brother got his surgery while he was losing hair and was very discrete about it. Williams is completely bald and any change now would be obvious.

coolio

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I doubt Harry got transplanted. His pattern doesn't look like what a transplant doctor would do with that case.

His hairline is about a Norwood#1-1.5. But there is at least a Norwood#6 pattern of severe thinning behind it. That is natural but it's not common. Getting a transplant like that (rebuilding a #1.5 hairline on a #6 thinning head) would be risking an unnatural-looking result. In recent pictures Harry's front is looking very thin. It looks too thin to be a decent transplant. (What, did he get one bad result and then run out of money to do the next session?)

IMO Harry appears to be balding naturally but it's less aggressive than his brother.

Last edited:

BurningCoals

My Regimen
Reaction score
1694041956705.png

From a month ago, damn he's basically bald.