HMI-115 PRLR antibody: The Most Promising Treatment Ever

Aston

Reaction score
If you don't think a few thousand people can keep a secret for a few years, then you haven't read enough history. It happens all the time. Military weapons being developed, covert motives for actions & wars, false flag attacks, corporate PR campaigns to sell lies to the public, etc.

As for HMI-115, I'd guess it's too early to call it.

Contrary to the attitude around here, an experimental drug regrowing some scalp hair is not front-page news to the average person. It's not like the drug is bringing dead people back to life.
I agree with you, that a secret can be kept, especially a commercial one. The real problem is that what reason is there to keep a secret with high commercial potential, when patents exist? If it works you want to drum up interest, even if you're still running trials you can get investments from the get go. On the other side you'd get competitors in Asia rushing to get the product to market ahead of time regardless of laws. And if you're 5+ years before commercialization and a route to market, you risk losing profits... BUT, a "cure for balding" is such a huge, enormous potential market, today more than ever, that *anything* that works would be huge regardless of imitators. So the only reason to "hide" results would be hiding disappointing results, or the researchers not even being sure there *are* results in the first place. Just my opinion.

Joxy

Experienced Member
Reaction score

HMI-115 is working well for Moeman​

renderTimingPixel.png

acbrantlin

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Hate to burst your bubble but he admitted that he used fibers in those left pictures because it was his wedding and he wanted to look his best.

Here are the exact quotes:
Someone accused him of using fibers in those pics, and he said:
---
"Of course I did they're wedding f*****g photos."

"How hard were you guys looking to see f*****g fibres?"

"I know you don't mean to but the idea a whole reddit server stalked my wedding photos and stared at me long enough to pick apart the fact I filled in a Shaved spot on my head with filler to not look stupid in photos really makes my skin crawl"
---

What I find funny is that he calls it a "shaved spot" as if it's by choice and not just completely bald.

Just another example of why you can never trust anyone's testimony about their hair loss solutions. Every hair loss sufferer is delusional. So many people in this forum could smear camel sh*t labeled "miracle cure" on their head and a week later make a post showing the vellus hair in their temples claiming it's regrowth but that their dick stopped working.

Last edited:

Will Be an Egg in 5 years

My Regimen
Reaction score
Obviously toppik LOL. He didn't even need to admit it. And yep, it's bizarre that people are stalking him and hunting down current pics of his hair.

But, if the right pics are from AFTER the study finished, yep, I think we're fucked and this stuff doesn't work. I know it has 6 years to reach it's final growth, but still..

Otrebor

My Regimen
Reaction score
Obviously toppik LOL. He didn't even need to admit it. And yep, it's bizarre that people are stalking him and hunting down current pics of his hair.

But, if the right pics are from AFTER the study finished, yep, I think we're fucked and this stuff doesn't work. I know it has 6 years to reach it's final growth, but still..
it's amazing how the state of the art of microbiology is very advanced in almost every sector EXCEPT this one. Either they're all f*****g with us, or we're just cursed.

I would like not to be a defeatist, but at this point I expect a samumed 2

coolio

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This is one guy.
There are some guys who take the 5ar drugs every day and still lose hair.

For all we know he might be the best or the worst responder in the study. He might be part of a low-dosage group or even a placebo control group. The drug might have kicked his hair into a big shed cycle and made him look misleading because it's working so WELL.

Wait for the trial results.

ppma

Reaction score
Guys you're crazy.

Someone get some illegitimate pictures of the guy before finishing the trials, from an event where he used toppik (of course he would not recover that amount of hair in 3 months), and automatically he is lying.

Does your mental sanity went away with your hair?

acbrantlin

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Like I said, if it worked we would already know. It's really that simple. We would not be relying on a 38 year old disgruntled aussie teasing pics for a revolutionary hair loss treatment.

You're all using the same irrational logic that I even admit to having used during the Brotzu era. It's giving me deja vu.

coolio

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Like I said, if it worked we would already know. It's really that simple. We would not be relying on a 38 year old disgruntled aussie teasing pics for a revolutionary hair loss treatment.

You're all using the same irrational logic that I even admit to having used during the Brotzu era. It's giving me deja vu.

No, it's really not that simple. Drug trials remain quiet all the time.

Regrowing some scalp hair is big news to us. It's not big news to most of the people on the planet.

Fact: The vast majority of people with hair loss, even in developed countries, don't do anything to fight it. They don't even look into the existing drugs to see what their options are. Most people are not hair-obsessed like us.

acbrantlin

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
No, it's really not that simple. Drug trials remain quiet all the time.

Regrowing some scalp hair is big news to us. It's not big news to most of the people on the planet.

Fact: The vast majority of people with hair loss, even in developed countries, don't do anything to fight it. They don't even look into the existing drugs to see what their options are. Most people are not hair-obsessed like us.

Imagine thinking a treatment equivalent to or better than finasteride except with just 3 injection that lasts 6+ years instead of a daily pill would not get headlines in every major news outlet worldwide.

The secrecy of a trial hinging on a loudmouthed 38 year old australian dangling photos out of spite only means one thing:
the trial results aren't that secret. So if they actually showed anything of value, there would without any doubt have been another vector of dissemination than a delusional clown that uses toppik at his own wedding.

coolio

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Imagine thinking a treatment equivalent to or better than finasteride except with just 3 injection that lasts 6+ years instead of a daily pill would not get headlines in every major news outlet worldwide.

Imagine thinking the average person has ever heard of 'Finasteride'.

If the treatment is proven to work in phase 2 then it will get a brief flurry of 30-second news clips for a few days. That's it.

People spend their whole lives hearing about amazing medical breakthroughs. Stuff is always getting teased on the news and then never panning out.

And we're probably talking about a handful of trialists regrowing a Norwood or two. The pics won't be a big obvious transformation from Costanza-to-Elvis. Most of the HMI results probably won't even LOOK better than the best cherry-picked Minoxidil results (think of a 22yo kid with extensive diffuse thinning in a Norwood#6 pattern). Only people like us will understand why it's so much more progress for HMI to take a 40yo Norwood#5 back to a Norwood#3.

Most of the public won't pay much attention unless an HMI treatment gets commercially released. The majority of the population still won't even care then. But everybody knows somebody in their friends/family who might want it.

acbrantlin

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Imagine thinking the average person has ever heard of 'Finasteride'.

If the treatment is proven to work in phase 2 then it will get a brief flurry of 30-second news clips for a few days. That's it.

People spend their whole lives hearing about amazing medical breakthroughs. Stuff is always getting teased on the news and then never panning out.

And we're probably talking about a handful of trialists regrowing a Norwood or two. The pics won't be a big obvious transformation from Costanza-to-Elvis. Most of the HMI results probably won't even LOOK better than the best cherry-picked Minoxidil results (think of a 22yo kid with extensive diffuse thinning in a Norwood#6 pattern). Only people like us will understand why it's so much more progress for HMI to take a 40yo Norwood#5 back to a Norwood#3.

Most of the public won't pay much attention unless an HMI treatment gets commercially released. The majority of the population still won't even care then. But everybody knows somebody in their friends/family who might want it.

The average person definitely has heard of both propecia and rogaine and know they're for hair loss. They might not know the generics and don't know the intricacies of it all, but you're underestimating how aware people truly are.

You're right that people are bombarded by medical promises that don't pan out, because there is almost never tangible, visual examples of a treatment working that people can easily understand. All they see is empty promises and medical mumbo jumbo. Hair loss treatment is different in that respect in that results are clearly visible and digestible by the average person.

If this is equal or better to finasteride's results with just 3 injections and you're done and it lasts for 4+ years, and there are clear pictures demonstrating it, then even with sh*t side effects it will be widely talked about. If it doesn't cause noticeable regrowth, nobody will care. At best it'll go the lengths of PRP in terms of market penetration, which is a joke.

If the trial results showed anything close to that, we would already know about it. So we can safely assume this treatment is yet another dud.

coolio

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The average person definitely has heard of both propecia and rogaine and know they're for hair loss. They might not know the generics and don't know the intricacies of it all, but you're underestimating how aware people truly are.

Rogaine has been advertised on American TV for 30+ years. One time back in the 1990s Homer Simpson got a prescription for "Dimoxinil" and temporarily regrew his hair. The public's familiarity with Rogaine is not comparable. The average person still doesn't recognize 'Finasteride' or 'Propecia.'

You're right that people are bombarded by medical promises that don't pan out, because there is almost never tangible, visual examples of a treatment working that people can easily understand. All they see is empty promises and medical mumbo jumbo. Hair loss treatment is different in that respect in that results are clearly visible and digestible by the average person.

Except that the average person's idea of a big improvement is not what any of these baldness treatments do. Just look at the episode where Homer got his hair back. He didn't get some realistic thickening and new vellus hairs on top, he got Elvis hair. My point is that even pretty good results from HMI-115 won't look all that impressive to the average person. It won't look like anything life-changing to them.

If this is equal or better to finasteride's results with just 3 injections and you're done and it lasts for 4+ years, and there are clear pictures demonstrating it, then even with sh*t side effects it will be widely talked about. If it doesn't cause noticeable regrowth, nobody will care. At best it'll go the lengths of PRP in terms of market penetration, which is a joke.

If the trial results showed anything close to that, we would already know about it. So we can safely assume this treatment is yet another dud.

You can safely assume whatever the hell you want. But please don't frame your opinion as the only logical one.

Last edited:

ppma

Reaction score
Thanks for pointing this out.
Most fellows here believe every one is as concerned as them, which aren't.

acbrantlin

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Rogaine has been advertised on American TV for 30+ years. One time back in the 1990s Homer Simpson got a prescription for "Dimoxinil" and temporarily regrew his hair. The public's familiarity with Rogaine is not comparable. The average person still doesn't recognize 'Finasteride' or 'Propecia.'

Except that the average person's idea of a big improvement is not what any of these baldness treatments do. Just look at the episode where Homer got his hair back. He didn't get some realistic thickening and new vellus hairs on top, he got Elvis hair. My point is that even pretty good results from HMI-115 won't look all that impressive to the average person. It won't look like anything life-changing to them.

You can safely assume whatever the hell you want. But please don't frame your opinion as the only logical one.

It is the only logical one. I don't think you understand the logical leaps and rationalizations people on this exact forum have used in attempt to validate their hope for every single new treatment over the past 20 years. They're always the exact same every single time, and you're using the same ones for this.

"It's just one trial participant. He could have been the worst responder!"
"This is a prestigious doctor, he wouldn't have risked his reputation on something that doesn't work"
"The early data said that results started showing after 6 months, we just have to wait"
"They wouldn't have spent this much time and money on trials if it didn't work"
"It looks like the treatment caused a severe shed cycle which is a great sign because it means it's about to start regrowing!"
And hundreds more.

You know what all of these historical treatments have in common? None of them had visible regrowth, yet those that did have pictures had half the forum saying how impressive the pictures were and how much regrowth they say (aka delusion).

If any of these trial pictures had visible regrowth, even just 1 norwood, it would make headlines AND we would already have seen them at this exact moment. I know your world view is based around one Simpsons episode from 30 years ago, but look at that recent headline about how scientists discovered a way to regrow teeth. That was completely misleading, had no pictures, yet easily penetrated the zeitgeist. Something that regrows even 1 norwood and has pictures would be talked about by the general public.

Alec708

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for pointing this out.
Most fellows here believe every one is as concerned as them, which aren't.

And then there is a percentage of men who would do something about their hair loss if a decent treatment was available. Right now they don't spend a penny because it's pointless.

coolio

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It is the only logical one. I don't think you understand the logical leaps and rationalizations people on this exact forum have used in attempt to validate their hope for every single new treatment over the past 20 years. They're always the exact same every single time, and you're using the same ones for this.

"It's just one trial participant. He could have been the worst responder!"
"This is a prestigious doctor, he wouldn't have risked his reputation on something that doesn't work"
"The early data said that results started showing after 6 months, we just have to wait"
"They wouldn't have spent this much time and money on trials if it didn't work"
"It looks like the treatment caused a severe shed cycle which is a great sign because it means it's about to start regrowing!"
And hundreds more.

You know what all of these historical treatments have in common? None of them had visible regrowth, yet those that did have pictures had half the forum saying how impressive the pictures were and how much regrowth they say (aka delusion).

If any of these trial pictures had visible regrowth, even just 1 norwood, it would make headlines AND we would already have seen them at this exact moment. I know your world view is based around one Simpsons episode from 30 years ago, but look at that recent headline about how scientists discovered a way to regrow teeth. That was completely misleading, had no pictures, yet easily penetrated the zeitgeist. Something that regrows even 1 norwood and has pictures would be talked about by the general public.

Nice rant. Some of it is even related to things I said.