HMI-115 PRLR antibody: The Most Promising Treatment Ever

HMI 115 IS THE CURE dude

My Regimen
Reaction score
Well, there were studies that showed that when hair follicles from the assumed to be genetically immune occipital region of scalp were exposed to supraphysiologic levels of DHT, they too undergo miniaturization. I don't know of any studies that did this too people who were Native American but my take is, even people who would never bald under normal circumstances, given high enough DHT exposure for a long enough time frame, they too will undergo Androgenetic Alopecia. I believe all human scalp hair behave this way just like all body hair grows in response to DHT. It's just varying degrees of resistance that we perceive as "immune".

There is also research indicating that given a long enough time line, all men would eventually get prostate cancer (barring any preventative therapy) due to DHT exposure and the reason not all men do is because something else kills them first.

this was an interesting case where a female with diffuse pattern even in the traditionally more "DHT resistant" areas experience hair fall with high prolactin levels

RagnarLothbrok

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Prolactin causing disruption of hair cycles and telogen effluvium is well documented since ages ago. The key factor and main skepticism is if prolactin has any relation to hair minituarization, which to date, there's not a single scientific proof about it that I am aware of other than HMI-115 seems to work on this angle. We don't even know how minoxidil works still yet so who cares anyway as long as it works

RStGeorge

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What is odd with prolactin is that it effectively shuts down testosterone production. The higher the serum prolactin levels the lower the production of testosterone, to the point where sperm production ceases, testes reduce in size, and facial hair diminishes along with libido.

However, this does necessarily mean that Androgenetic Alopecia gets reversed. In fact in some reported cases hair loss accelerates.

Its a conundrum.

RagnarLothbrok

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I mean considering DHT acts different in different areas of the body (it literally does the opposite depending on where, on some places it grows hair, and it others it makes you go bald), I think trying to find a "theory of everything" for serum Prolactin is a bit pointless. Should be focused only on how Prolactin in the follicle affects it.

Maybe Prolactin in scalp follicles upregulates androgen receptors but not in other places, etc. The correlation between serum Prolactin and Androgenetic Alopecia is almost 0 in scientific literature aswell so this is very likely.

Feramon1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What is odd with prolactin is that it effectively shuts down testosterone production. The higher the serum prolactin levels the lower the production of testosterone, to the point where sperm production ceases, testes reduce in size, and facial hair diminishes along with libido.

However, this does necessarily mean that Androgenetic Alopecia gets reversed. In fact in some reported cases hair loss accelerates.

Its a conundrum.

This is very similar to how finasteride with dose 2.5 mg and up works for me. It is possible that finasteride also affects prolactin (although studies say that serum prolactin does not change when taking finasteride).

Feramon1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well, there were studies that showed that when hair follicles from the assumed to be genetically immune occipital region of scalp were exposed to supraphysiologic levels of DHT, they too undergo miniaturization. I don't know of any studies that did this too people who were Native American but my take is, even people who would never bald under normal circumstances, given high enough DHT exposure for a long enough time frame, they too will undergo Androgenetic Alopecia. I believe all human scalp hair behave this way just like all body hair grows in response to DHT. It's just varying degrees of resistance that we perceive as "immune".

There is also research indicating that given a long enough time line, all men would eventually get prostate cancer (barring any preventative therapy) due to DHT exposure and the reason not all men do is because something else kills them first.
Thanks for the info. This explains more why people begin to aggressively go bald after suffering illnesses. In my life there were 4 such acquaintances, I am 5. 2 of them were able to stop aggressive hair loss and 1 returned the hair to Norwood 1. This person had chronic bronchitis, was in the hospital 2 times, apparently he was injected with antibiotics (I don’t know the details). The second had a back injury, an MRI showed a pinched artery and displacement of the intervertebral discs, went for procedures, massages, did home exercises, as a result, aggressive baldness stopped, but his hair was not returned, as far as I know. I also interviewed 15 people on Reddit. 70% of whom say that before they started to go bald, they suffered one or another disease.

I can't say that genetics has nothing to do with male pattern baldness, but I'm pretty sure aggressive hair loss isn't just genetics, but rather genetics + environment.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
Genetics certainly has more to do with it than environment. Otherwise twins wouldn't have the same hair loss with little variance. When is the last time you saw twins where one had aggressive hair loss while the other was NW1? Baldness happens in every country regardless of local environment. Are there things that trigger it early or speed it up? Yes, but you can still predict with high accuracy when someone will go bald based on their genes

RagnarLothbrok

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
True. Forced Telogen Effluvium's after stressful events (sickness, mental health, accidents, COVID..) are known to speed up the process of miniaturization a few years earlier than it was to meant to be compared to healthy conditions. Because you are accelerating your hair cycles way more than its natural course and basically reaching your genetical predisposition a bit earlier but its not really the cause of it. Oxygen thrown at fire analogy situation.

Classic example is the chronic homeless beggar drug addict with the most horrible stressful life you would ever imagine and a full head of hair.

Feramon1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm more interested in what causes aggressive hair loss, especially at an early age such as 16-19 years old. With baldness itself, it is relatively understandable, arguing without an alternative version that could explain everything is stupid.

Genetics certainly has more to do with it than environment. Otherwise twins wouldn't have the same hair loss with little variance. When is the last time you saw twins where one had aggressive hair loss while the other was NW1? Baldness happens in every country regardless of local environment. Are there things that trigger it early or speed it up? Yes, but you can still predict with high accuracy when someone will go bald based on their genes

In fact, I rarely met twins in my life, not to mention those who are going bald :)

Pee

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hair loss (alopecia) can affect just your scalp or your entire body, and it can be temporary or permanent. It can be the result of heredity, hormonal changes, medical conditions or a normal part of aging. Anyone can lose hair on their head, but it's more common in men.

Baldness typically refers to excessive hair loss from your scalp. Hereditary hair loss with age is the most common cause of baldness. Some people prefer to let their hair loss run its course untreated and unhidden. Others may cover it up with hairstyles, makeup, hats or scarves. And still others choose one of the treatments available to prevent further hair loss or restore growth.

CAUSES

• Family history (heredity). The most common cause of hair loss is a hereditary condition that happens with aging. This condition is called androgenic alopecia, male-pattern baldness and female-pattern baldness. It usually occurs gradually and in predictable patterns — a receding hairline and bald spots in men and thinning hair along the crown of the scalp in women.
  • Hormonal changes and medical conditions. A variety of conditions can cause permanent or temporary hair loss, including hormonal changes due to pregnancy, childbirth, menopause and thyroid problems. Medical conditions include alopecia areata (al-o-PEE-she-uh ar-e-A-tuh), which is immune system related and causes patchy hair loss, scalp infections such as ringworm, and a hair-pulling disorder called trichotillomania (trik-o-til-o-MAY-nee-uh).
  • Medications and supplements. Hair loss can be a side effect of certain drugs, such as those used for cancer, arthritis, depression, heart problems, gout and high blood pressure.
  • Radiation therapy to the head. The hair may not grow back the same as it was before.
  • A very stressful event. Many people experience a general thinning of hair several months after a physical or emotional shock. This type of hair loss is temporary.
  • Hairstyles and treatments. Excessive hairstyling or hairstyles that pull your hair tight, such as pigtails or cornrows, can cause a type of hair loss called traction alopecia. Hot-oil hair treatments and permanents also can cause hair to fall out. If scarring occurs, hair loss could be permanent. Best hair loss supplement Folisin is a product for hair loss in men. To create the recipe of the food supplement, as many as 13 ingredients were used that inhibit baldness, support hair growth and have a positive effect on the condition of the scalp, creating the perfect environment for new hair growth. Importantly, all the ingredients used to create the tablets are safe for the body and do not cause side effects Locerin is a multi-ingredient food supplement that inhibits hair loss in women. Its rich formula with as many as 16 ingredients makes Locerin a unique product and will appeal to all hair lovers. Profolan is the number one among hair loss products. It’s the real thing, straight from the USA. Profolan not only prevents hair thinning, but also stimulates growth.

Bread24

Reaction score
True. Forced Telogen Effluvium's after stressful events (sickness, mental health, accidents, COVID..) are known to speed up the process of miniaturization a few years earlier than it was to meant to be compared to healthy conditions. Because you are accelerating your hair cycles way more than its natural course and basically reaching your genetical predisposition a bit earlier but its not really the cause of it. Oxygen thrown at fire analogy situation.

Classic example is the chronic homeless beggar drug addict with the most horrible stressful life you would ever imagine and a full head of hair.
Pls dont say stuff like that as im having covid right now lol

baldlygoing

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Pls dont say stuff like that as im having covid right now lol
I had the Delta variant last August and it was bad. A few months after I was shedding tons of hair (T.E.). Most of it has come back now. I believe my shedding was from the stress my body went through from Covid. If your symptoms aren't that bad you might not go through the T.E. loss.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm more interested in what causes aggressive hair loss, especially at an early age such as 16-19 years old. With baldness itself, it is relatively understandable, arguing without an alternative version that could explain everything is stupid.

In fact, I rarely met twins in my life, not to mention those who are going bald :)
It's just a variation in the genes that induce oxidative stress in the HF and the genes that dictate the response to it. Some people are just less resistant to stress. Most people's cells can handle DHT until they are 30 or 40. Other people have genetic variations in various Wnt-related genes that causes it to shutdown in response to stress when they are only 25. Others have variations of the AR that make it more sensitive. Others have both and go bald in their teens. As we age we become less able to handle stress. Some people have a genetic makeup that allows them to reach 40 before hitting the point where their cells are are no longer healthy enough to be resistant to oxidative stress. Others hit that milestone at 16.

Bread24

Reaction score
I had the Delta variant last August and it was bad. A few months after I was shedding tons of hair (T.E.). Most of it has come back now. I believe my shedding was from the stress my body went through from Covid. If your symptoms aren't that bad you might not go through the T.E. loss.
My symptome are really mild. Didnt even feeling tired or had to lay in bed alot. No fever as far as i know..
I have a question though: If you use medication (using duta since about 6 years with no change to hair density... aggressive balding in family.) would telogen effluvium still thin your hair out or let your balding progress? Or would the hair just regrow like before Telogen Effluvium?

baldlygoing

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Duta/finasteride target a completely different mechanism and wouldn't prevent Covid T.E. At least, to my understanding they wouldn't, as they are completely different mechanisms of loss.

If your symptoms aren't really that bad I wouldn't stress about it. Mine were horrible so I can only imagine it put my body in such a state of shock that T.E. was the result. But like I said, seems like I'm at the same place I was pre-Covid.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
I didn't have any hair loss during/after covid. My symptoms were mild though.