pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
Last edited:

RagnarLothbrok

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah the hopium reserves are fully loaded with these HMI-115 trials ongoing. Exactly when I completely lost hope on anything remarkable in next 5 years. I love it and hate it at the same time.

One thing is for sure, if HMI-115 turns out a massive flop I'm not ever falling again for it.

Nostro300

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah the hopium reserves are fully loaded with these HMI-115 trials ongoing. Exactly when I completely lost hope on anything remarkable in next 5 years. I love it and hate it at the same time.

One thing is for sure, if HMI-115 turns out a massive flop I'm not ever falling again for it.
Me too.. I wont accept anything less than this results from a Hair regrowth in a male patient with extensive androgenetic alopecia on estrogen therapy study

Fig 1. A, Extensive frontal and vertex hair loss. B, Improved regrowth of vertex hair. C,
Continued regrowth of terminal hair on vertex. D, Significant regrowth of terminal hair with
appreciable coverage on vertex. E, Almost full regrowth of terminal hair on scalp with some
vertex thinning noted. Photographs taken approximately January 1989 (A), August 1990 (B),
November 1990 (C), April 1991 (D), and September 1991 (E)

Attachments

• Sem Título.png
    Sem Título.png
    481.5 KB · Views: 447

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
Me too.. I wont accept anything less than this results from a Hair regrowth in a male patient with extensive androgenetic alopecia on estrogen therapy study
estrogen and spironolactone

Feelsbadman.jpg

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think prolactin is involved in the upregulation of androgen receptors both in the prostate and hair follicle and could be why hair follicles become more "sensitive" to DHT over time. I'll have to do some more digging to find evidence to support this theory beyond my own anecdotes.

Also, HGH can also bind with the prolactin receptor. If the antibodies disable the PRLr, then that could allow HGH to bind with the growth hormone receptor (GHR) more frequently which would have more health benefits. I agree that this is by far the most promising treatments we have seen to date. Thank you Pegasus for compiling all the info at start of thread.

Roeysdomi

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think prolactin is involved in the upregulation of androgen receptors both in the prostate and hair follicle and could be why hair follicles become more "sensitive" to DHT over time. I'll have to do some more digging to find evidence to support this theory beyond my own anecdotes.

Also, HGH can also bind with the prolactin receptor. If the antibodies disable the PRLr, then that could allow HGH to bind with the growth hormone receptor (GHR) more frequently which would have more health benefits. I agree that this is by far the most promising treatments we have seen to date. Thank you Pegasus for compiling all the info at start of thread.
The main reason you have hairloss is beacuse your epigenome layer that start to break and cant protect your DNA .
People that dont have hairloss either the layer is still exsit or they dont have the gene of the AR senstivity.

RStGeorge

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Professor Sinclair Hair Loss Q&A Megathread - June 2022

This Q&A thread officially begins on 1st June, 2022.

See the [original introductory post for background of Professor Sinclair](https://www.reddit.com/r/HairlossResearch/comments/u8d0bt/announcement_introducing_professor_rodney/) and his offer to run a Q&A on this sub-reddit.

This is **the second monthly Q&A by Professor Sinclair.** The previous Q&A [(May Megathread) can be found at the following link.](https://www.reddit.com/r/HairlossResearch/comments/uf50uc/professor_sinclair_hair_loss_qa_megathread_may/)

Prof Sinclair is Professor of Dermatology at the University of Melbourne and Director of Epworth Dermatology, past-president of the Australasian Society for Dermatology Research, and has over 400 research publications to his name.

In focus for the June Q&A, Professor Sinclair has indicated the following topics of interest:

1. **Female Androgenetic Alopecia**
2. **Prolactin and its role in Hair loss**
3. **The Phase 2 Trial of HMI-115 in Androgenetic Alopecia**

Please prepare your questions on these topics and post away for discussion and hopefully some insightful answers from the good Professor.

RagnarLothbrok

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Most important question is if he believes humans will have comparable results to Macaques initial trial. He has insider info so of course he will have some informed expectations about trial result in humans. Need his dose of hopium pls ser.

Also expectations of when commercially available + price

Feramon1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Prolactin, in my opinion, explains a lot, both female pattern baldness and increased hair loss when interacting with the reproductive system. Despite the fact that Pegasus says that the follicle produces its own prolactin, I still tend to think that the reproductive system can increase its amount, including in the hair follicle.

A question for those who deeply study the problem of Androgenetic Alopecia. Is the effect of DHT 100% a sign of male pattern baldness? Or can an overabundance of these androgens also affect those who do not have a genetic predisposition?

The topic is very interesting, thanks to the author.

RStGeorge

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Prolactin, in my opinion, explains a lot, both female pattern baldness and increased hair loss when interacting with the reproductive system. Despite the fact that Pegasus says that the follicle produces its own prolactin, I still tend to think that the reproductive system can increase its amount, including in the hair follicle.

A question for those who deeply study the problem of Androgenetic Alopecia. Is the effect of DHT 100% a sign of male pattern baldness? Or can an overabundance of these androgens also affect those who do not have a genetic predisposition?

I don’t think that the level of DHT determines Androgenetic Alopecia, but the sensitivity of your hair follicles to DHT.

Feramon1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don’t think that the level of DHT determines Androgenetic Alopecia, but the sensitivity of your hair follicles to DHT.
Yes, I understand, but there are animals that do not go bald genetically (at least throughout their lives), but when they are injected with DHT, they begin to lose hair. How much sensitivity to DHT is genetic? After all, this sensitivity can also be formed, for example, in violation of any organs, hormones, etc.?

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score

Pure Native Americans don't go bald no matter what they smoke, eat or drink, so genetic predisposition is a requirement. This is partly due to a fairly recent mutation in EDAR that protects them from hair loss. People who don't produce the 5ar enzyme or who have CAIS also don't go bald. There is one case report of a female with CAIS presenting with Androgenetic Alopecia. Perhaps she had a prolactinoma.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
Shame they exterminated them and lost a whole DNA generation of norwood resistant chads
The same mutation makes them age faster so it's not a great trade.

Feramon1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Pure Native Americans don't go bald no matter what they smoke, eat or drink, so genetic predisposition is a requirement. This is partly due to a fairly recent mutation in EDAR that protects them from hair loss. People who don't produce the 5ar enzyme or who have CAIS also don't go bald. There is one case report of a female with CAIS presenting with Androgenetic Alopecia. Perhaps she had a prolactinoma.
Thanks for the reply, informative. I understand the EDAR mutation, only in Native Americans? What about those who are not going bald today?

Feelsbadman.jpg

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Well, there were studies that showed that when hair follicles from the assumed to be genetically immune occipital region of scalp were exposed to supraphysiologic levels of DHT, they too undergo miniaturization. I don't know of any studies that did this too people who were Native American but my take is, even people who would never bald under normal circumstances, given high enough DHT exposure for a long enough time frame, they too will undergo Androgenetic Alopecia. I believe all human scalp hair behave this way just like all body hair grows in response to DHT. It's just varying degrees of resistance that we perceive as "immune".

There is also research indicating that given a long enough time line, all men would eventually get prostate cancer (barring any preventative therapy) due to DHT exposure and the reason not all men do is because something else kills them first.