HMI-115 PRLR antibody: The Most Promising Treatment Ever

HMI 115 IS THE CURE dude

My Regimen
Reaction score
Not only that, but acne too. Metabolic syndrome is also associated with Androgenetic Alopecia, and I'm sure you know about all the old men regrowing their hair on RA drug benoxaprofen before it was quickly banned.
View attachment 180467

even studies from 1980s showing activity amongst prolactin and the androgen receptor

Feelsbadman.jpg

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Maybe Prolactin in scalp follicles upregulates androgen receptors but not in other places, etc
I don't think that's likely. The upregulation probably occurs everywhere prolactin is active but is only evident in tissues that express 5AR (DHT conversion doesn't require high T) due to Testosterone being lower.

Thanks for the info. This explains more why people begin to aggressively go bald after suffering illnesses. In my life there were 4 such acquaintances, I am 5. 2 of them were able to stop aggressive hair loss and 1 returned the hair to Norwood 1. This person had chronic bronchitis, was in the hospital 2 times, apparently he was injected with antibiotics (I don’t know the details). The second had a back injury, an MRI showed a pinched artery and displacement of the intervertebral discs, went for procedures, massages, did home exercises, as a result, aggressive baldness stopped, but his hair was not returned, as far as I know. I also interviewed 15 people on Reddit. 70% of whom say that before they started to go bald, they suffered one or another disease.

I can't say that genetics has nothing to do with male pattern baldness, but I'm pretty sure aggressive hair loss isn't just genetics, but rather genetics + environment.
Hm I wasn't hinting at environment being more important than genetics. Supraphysiologic are doses of a substance that are FAR larger than would ever occur naturally. This type of environment, with supraphysiologic levels of DHT, would never occur naturally in any population and would have to be artificially induced. The degrees of resistance that different people's hair follicles have to DHT is entirely genetic and some people are so resistant that we effectively consider them immune (i.e. they won't bald in their natural lifespan).

If human lifespans were extended to multiple centuries and Androgenetic Alopecia was not cured/treated(cruel world if this ever happened), it would be interesting to see how immune the people who we consider immune today are.

Feelsbadman.jpg

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What is odd with prolactin is that it effectively shuts down testosterone production. The higher the serum prolactin levels the lower the production of testosterone, to the point where sperm production ceases, testes reduce in size, and facial hair diminishes along with libido.

However, this does necessarily mean that Androgenetic Alopecia gets reversed. In fact in some reported cases hair loss accelerates.

Its a conundrum.

Treatments that grow hair tend to increase testosterone levels. 5AR inhibtiors do this, pure anti-androgens do as well.

Most androgenic alopecia occurs when men are older and T is lower than when they were younger and had hair. While some of us do start this process as teenagers, I believe in most cases, the hormonal profile of these individuals will resemble older men (higher DHT and Estradiol, lower T). It is possible like Pegasus said to simply just have hair follicles that are extremely sensitive to androgens while having perfect metabolic/hormonal health and bald as a teen, but I would consider these to be extreme edge cases and very rare.

Point is, studies have shown nonbalding men have higher total Testosterone than balding men. The prolactin angle doesn't really discredit this at all. Prolactin has been shown to increase the synthesis of 5AR. If it upregulates the androgen receptor, this would lead to more DHT signaling which would in turn lead to more 5AR (in the prostate, trace amounts of DHT indcue more 5AR via a feed forward mechanism https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC52442/). The more 5AR, the less T bound to SHBG there will be which means lower total testosterone. This could become a viscous cycle that would never be interrupted without pharmacologic intervention.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
If human lifespans were extended to multiple centuries and Androgenetic Alopecia was not cured/treated(cruel world if this ever happened), it would be interesting to see how immune the people who we consider immune today are.

It wouldn't be possible to extend lifespans that much without curing aging. Without aging then those people who are effectively immune today would still be immune over a 300 year lifespan. Theoretically though, if you could live that long while aging even Native Americans might eventually lose their hair

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-06-02-22-33-32-551_com.android.chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-06-02-22-33-32-551_com.android.chrome.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 124

Feelsbadman.jpg

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It wouldn't be possible to extend lifespans that much without curing aging. Without aging then those people who are effectively immune today would still be immune over a 300 year lifespan. Theoretically though, if you could live that long while aging even Native Americans might eventually lose their hair
You don't have to cure aging, just repair the damage that is being done periodically. I believe Aubrey De Grey has forced the "7 causes of aging" into mainstream anti-aging research. If you did that without addressing DHT, I'm not sure how hair follicles would react long term but I believe they would eventually become "DHT sensitive", but perhaps one of the treatments for aging would mitigate this.

kuba197

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi doctor, i have few questions (not regarding your new treatment) am just little inquisitive about hair science with regard to Prolactin and genetic hair loss and have some questions regarding that I hope you answer
Prolactin Inhibition of hair growth is reported to occur via catagen induction. This is an interesting question: Neurohormone mainly secreted in anterior pituitary gland. PRL signaling occurs via the prolactin receptor (PRL-R). PRL and PRL-R are widely expressed across different tissues, including the HF. Next to its essential function in promoting lactation, PRL plays a role in metabolic homeostasis, regulation of growth and is hypothesized to suppress apoptosis

This is all theory and we don’t know what we should do about it at this time.

kuba197

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi doctor, i have few questions (not regarding your new treatment) am just little inquisitive about hair science with regard to Prolactin and genetic hair loss and have some questions regarding that I hope you answer
Prolactin Inhibition of hair growth is reported to occur via catagen induction. This is an interesting question: Neurohormone mainly secreted in anterior pituitary gland. PRL signaling occurs via the prolactin receptor (PRL-R). PRL and PRL-R are widely expressed across different tissues, including the HF. Next to its essential function in promoting lactation, PRL plays a role in metabolic homeostasis, regulation of growth and is hypothesized to suppress apoptosis

This is all theory and we don’t know what we should do about it at this time.

Feelsbadman.jpg

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
U guys need to abstain from sex and masturbation and reduce cortisol. Thats how male pattern baldness is cured but you Dickheads got sh*t for brains
Very blunt and over simplified but not entirely wrong. However, these won't do much on their own but they should make 5AR inhibitors more effective.

Specifically, 11beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase type 1 should be proportionally inhibited with 5AR. That, along with HMI-115 PRLR antibodies would go along way to fixing a metabolic syndrome hormonal profile and prevent/reverse Androgenetic Alopecia for the vast majority.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
You don't have to cure aging, just repair the damage that is being done periodically. I believe Aubrey De Grey has forced the "7 causes of aging" into mainstream anti-aging research. If you did that without addressing DHT, I'm not sure how hair follicles would react long term but I believe they would eventually become "DHT sensitive", but perhaps one of the treatments for aging would mitigate this.
Aubrey De Gray is a salesman. But, if you periodically repair the damage isn't that effectively curing aging? This would have to revert all your cells to a younger, healthier morphology

Chads don't bald

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Aubrey De Gray is a salesman. But, if you periodically repair the damage isn't that effectively curing aging? This would have to revert all your cells to a younger, healthier morphology
Tbf Aubrey de Grey isn’t selling anything unlike Sinclair

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
Tbf Aubrey de Grey isn’t selling anything unlike Sinclair
He sells books and collected speaking fees. Sinclair sold Sirtis a long time ago. I don't think he profits from resveratrol or NMN sales. Is there something else he's selling?

StayPositive

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think prolactin is involved in the upregulation of androgen receptors both in the prostate and hair follicle and could be why hair follicles become more "sensitive" to DHT over time. I'll have to do some more digging to find evidence to support this theory beyond my own anecdotes.

Also, HGH can also bind with the prolactin receptor. If the antibodies disable the PRLr, then that could allow HGH to bind with the growth hormone receptor (GHR) more frequently which would have more health benefits. I agree that this is by far the most promising treatments we have seen to date. Thank you Pegasus for compiling all the info at start of thread.
Step 1-DHT increases Reactive Oxygen Species.

Step 2-ROS increases the PH of the hair follicle environment.

Step 3-PRLR expression dramatically increases in a high PH environment.

Step 4-Cascade continues and lead to follicle destruction.

-For DHT we have anti androgens/finasteride
-For ROS we have antioxidants
-For Prolactin the best thing we can do for the moment is avoiding masturbation and sex.

StayPositive

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Genetics certainly has more to do with it than environment. Otherwise twins wouldn't have the same hair loss with little variance. When is the last time you saw twins where one had aggressive hair loss while the other was NW1? Baldness happens in every country regardless of local environment. Are there things that trigger it early or speed it up? Yes, but you can still predict with high accuracy when someone will go bald based on their genes
Epigenetic is also very important. It is not normal at all to go bald at 20-30 years old.

If a man go bald at 20 years old, it means his body cannot handle oxidative stress like it should, it means his anti oxidative system and autophagy are not working properly.

I will be very surprise if hunter-gatherers went bald at the same rate than modern humans. Regarding diet, we all know the modern diet is horrible, and i dont think it's normal for the human body to eat 365/365 days all day long for decades. In their natural state, in the wild, it's impossible for humans to eat 2000 calories every day for life. They were forced to fast very frequently and i think that's how our bodys are designed. Fasting is essential for proper autophagy. We need to fast frequently, like 1 day per week to maintain good health.

Last edited:

StayPositive

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Very blunt and over simplified but not entirely wrong. However, these won't do much on their own but they should make 5AR inhibitors more effective.

Specifically, 11beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase type 1 should be proportionally inhibited with 5AR. That, along with HMI-115 PRLR antibodies would go along way to fixing a metabolic syndrome hormonal profile and prevent/reverse Androgenetic Alopecia for the vast majority.
Doesn't DHEA decrease and antagonize cortisol?

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
Epigenetic is also very important. It is not normal at all to go bald at 20-30 years old.

If a man go bald at 20 years old, it means his body cannot handle oxidative stress like it should, it means his anti oxidative system and autophagy are not working properly.

I will be very surprise if hunter-gatherers went bald at the same rate than modern humans. Regarding diet, we all know the modern diet is horrible, and i dont think it's normal for the human body to eat 365/365 days all day long for decades. In their natural state, in the wild, it's impossible for humans to eat 2000 calories every day for life. They were forced to fast very frequently and i think that's how our bodys are designed. Fasting is essential for proper autophagy. We need to fast frequently, like 1 day per week to maintain good health.
We talked about epigenitcs. I think people are confused about what it means. A lot of people seem to think it's this magical thing that changes your DNA, but it's just the accumulation of compounds on your DNA that turn genes that you already have off or on. If you have a lot of genes for balding then it's going happen young no matter what you do. It is totally normal for some people to go bald at 20. It is not normal for the average person to go bald at 20. When you go bald at 20 it just means you have a few bad genes. Sorry.