Histogen Phase 3 Started In Mexico A

FilthyFrancis

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5769981/

They even call it a potential male pattern baldness treatment

I am quite convinced destroying AR is a valid way to treat male pattern baldness. After all, RU or CB are in this vibe (although debilitating receptors rather than destroying them permanently). The issue remains the same as for androgen blockers: you need to figure out how to contain the effects of the drug in a specific area. Maybe, destroying AR in scalp is easier than suppressing androgens locally.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
Might as well stick with ASC-J9 until something better than UT-155 comes along. I don't think there's a significant improvement there.

newplayer

Established Member
Reaction score
While this is relatively good news, shouldn't they have been done with phase 2 like 5 years ago :/
Why is this taking so damn long...

FilthyFrancis

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Only 36 subjects to be divided into 2 (or 3) groups? Come on, man! Hell, if they enrolled them ahead of schedule, they could have waited to see how many more they could get.

It's enough at this stage.

I realized during the covid crisis there is an interesting debate between experts around huge randomized trials with 1000+ test subjects. Some claim the smaller the sample, the more reliable for effectiveness.

Sides will be studied later on with larger samples

John Difool

My Regimen
Reaction score
It's a balance of quality vs quantity. The issue with low sample number is that any results will turn anecdotal. But I support the idea that demonstrating any results will play a major role in determining the effectiveness of the drug.

Throwaway94

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
24 of the 36 are getting the treatment. It's not many but if this stuff actually works then it's adequate for statistical significance and not just anecdotal evidence.

John Difool

My Regimen
Reaction score
We can argue where you draw the line between statistical vs anecdotal but I agree that demonstrating results on 24 people would be remarkable enough to make psy for the treatment.

Throwaway94

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
We can argue where you draw the line between statistical vs anecdotal but I agree that demonstrating results on 24 people would be remarkable enough to make psy for the treatment.

The line between statistical and anecdotal depends entirely on the quality of the treatment. A bigger increase in hair count will rule out coincidence with a smaller sample.

Dimitri001

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The line between statistical and anecdotal depends entirely on the quality of the treatment. A bigger increase in hair count will rule out coincidence with a smaller sample.

But it won't be very accurate in telling us what % of people respond to the treatment, nor, consequently, how effective the treatment is if some people have a weak response and some a strong one. (in the sense that with as few people as 24, they might randomly cluster in the lower or the higher end)

Throwaway94

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
But it won't be very accurate in telling us what % of people respond to the treatment, nor, consequently, how effective the treatment is if some people have a weak response and some a strong one. (in the sense that with as few people as 24, they might randomly cluster in the lower or the higher end)

I mean... That information will exist it's just up to them to report it

doflamingo

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
May the lord have mercy on your deserted shiny domes, and may he grace them with grass and trees so you would get some pussy.

Pephair

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
New histogen news:

SAN DIEGO, Sept. 10, 2020 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Histogen Inc. (NASDAQ: HSTO), a clinical-stage therapeutics company focused on developing potential first-in-class restorative therapeutics that ignite the body’s natural process to repair and maintain healthy biological function, today announced completion of patient dosing for the week 6 treatment timepoint in its Phase 1b/2a clinical trial of HST-001, designed to assess the safety, tolerability and indicators of efficacy of HST-001 for the treatment of androgenic alopecia in men.

“We are pleased to have accomplished the second of three treatment timepoints in our HST-001 trial and we remain on track to announce top line data results in the fourth quarter of this year,” said Richard W. Pascoe, Histogen’s President and CEO. “HST-001, if approved, could be a first-in-class product given its potential to stimulate new long-lasting hair growth in contrast to existing therapies that focus on reducing hair loss.”

https://www.globenewswire.com/news-...-2a-Trial-for-Androgenic-Alopecia-in-Men.html

Sounds good, but it's histogen so....yeah
Yeah, just 5 more years boys !