Histogen Phase 3 Started In Mexico A

John Difool

My Regimen
Reaction score
Maybe the way they inject and the frequency. 3 treatments in 6 months and 2ml of serum in temples and crown. The drawing is showing a nw5 or 6. Does it matter?

Noobie

Reaction score
My question would be when is it out to market if passes phase 3? I’m guessing out in Mexico first?

MeDK

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
My question would be when is it out to market if passes phase 3? I’m guessing out in Mexico first?

It will be out on those markets that acknowledges FDA clinical trails and processes. And then the company that gets approved needs to be able to ramp out the production, do marketing and so on, and then have a product launch.

But first they need to get get approved and about 90% fails to get complete all clinical trails and get FDA approved. So still a very long way, we are still talking years.

NorwoodGuardian

Established Member
Reaction score
It will be out on those markets that acknowledges FDA clinical trails and processes. And then the company that gets approved needs to be able to ramp out the production, do marketing and so on, and then have a product launch.

But first they need to get get approved and about 90% fails to get complete all clinical trails and get FDA approved. So still a very long way, we are still talking years.

I think the variable is the trial time. Once it's approved, marketing and production can be done at the same time and at the highest speed, we just don't know the trial time and approval time.

cocona

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Histogen had a deal with a company a while back to bring it to market in Mexico but the partner skipped out on Histogen. Histogen has since then reformulated HSC so it no longer contains animal products like bovine albumin and made it so it only contains human products. Its basically a complete restart so they are in phase 1b/2a trials right now partnering with a company in China called Huapont.

tomJ

My Regimen
Reaction score
Histogen had a deal with a company a while back to bring it to market in Mexico but the partner skipped out on Histogen. Histogen has since then reformulated HSC so it no longer contains animal products like bovine albumin and made it so it only contains human products. Its basically a complete restart so they are in phase 1b/2a trials right now partnering with a company in China called Huapont.
Thanks for the update.

Desolation

My Regimen
Reaction score
I had high hopes for this...

thier phase 1b/2a results:
SAN DIEGO, Dec. 01, 2020 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Histogen Inc. (NASDAQ: HSTO), today announced preliminary week 18 results from its Phase 1b/2a clinical trial of HST-001 in male patients with androgenic alopecia. At the week 18 primary efficacy endpoint, patients treated with HST-001 demonstrated separation from placebo patients for absolute change from baseline in total hairs (terminal and vellus) in the target area (TAHC) in the vertex as measured by Canfield’s Hairmetrix macrophotography system. HST-001 was also shown to be safe and well tolerated at week 18 as compared to placebo with no reports of serious adverse events.

“While HST-001 did not achieve statistical significance at the week 18 primary endpoint assessment, we are encouraged that these results demonstrated separation from placebo and that patients treated with HST-001 grew new hairs in the vertex region of the scalp while placebo patients lost hairs in the same region during the 18 week evaluation period,” said Richard W. Pascoe, Histogen’s President and CEO. “We look forward to completing the study and reporting the final results from the week 26 assessments, along with our plans for further clinical development of HST-001, in early first quarter of 2021.”

FilthyFrancis

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I had high hopes for this...

thier phase 1b/2a results:

What a joke...

How come they pushed HST001 till phase 3 in Mexico a while ago, to now discover it's not actually doing anything... hahaha

It must only be efficient to the Mexican scalp.

Desolation

My Regimen
Reaction score
Fkcing histogen man a company that disappoints time and time again.

Oh well, maybe it's good enough for maintenance...

I doubt any company would bother going through additional trials for a maintenance drug.. sadly.

their earlier trials were promising. They changed their formula supposedly for the better .. so this is disappointing. There could be more regrowth after week 18.

FollicleGuardian

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

coolio

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I never understood this though. I think these companies VASTLY underestimate how big the market is for a safe maintenance treatment.

They're looking at the commercial failure of Propecia. "We already have a prevention method. The studies say it makes a real difference and it has virtually no side-effect problem. People still don't want it."

Guys on these forums, we all know Finasteride has a major side effect problem. But the corporate managers & investors aren't out there interviewing patients.

I wish somebody would conduct research to clarify why Propecia is really not popular.

The most desperate guys to stop their hair loss are the younger ones. Most of them don't even know about Finasteride. Even if they did, many of them wouldn't spend the money on it, because it's priced for middle aged & older men who can afford stupid prices.

And if you studied the existing buyers, I bet you would find a notable percentage of them fill the prescription once or twice and then stop. That suggests the drug has a real side effect problem.

MeDK

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Histogen Announces Preliminary Week 18 HST-001 Study Results for the Treatment of Androgenic Alopecia in Men​

Dont know if this had been posted yet.

looks fine, its a safety trail, and it shows no one have died from it or had allergic reactions.

NorwoodGuardian

Established Member
Reaction score
I think people are expecting too much. I have never thought that Histogen would bring a bald egg to Norwood 1 or 2. Realistic expectation should be finasteride+Min without sides. Given that new hairs have grown in 18 week time, my target is not impossible.

coolio

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Propecia is very popular. Half billion in revenues, and over ten million Americans take finasteride. Most people don't care about the side effects, only the autists on the message boards.

You're conflating Propecia with all Finasteride pills.

Proscar sells well in the BPH market.
Propecia has been a commercial disappointment compared to expectations.

Denying the side effect problem will not make it go away.

Dimitri001

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What a joke...

How come they pushed HST001 till phase 3 in Mexico a while ago, to now discover it's not actually doing anything... hahaha

It must only be efficient to the Mexican scalp.
I'd apply for Mexican citizenship if it would only work.