Histogen Interview w/ Dr. Gail Naughton

Jaym

Established Member
Reaction score
Not trying to read 10 pages of posts. Can someone just answer 1 question for me:

How long before HSC/Histogen is available at a dermatologist/doctors office?

Watch the video. Then we wouldn't have 10 pages of the same questions.

efedrez

Reaction score
Based on the report, it sounds like great things could come from Histogen, but this thread seemed to die out didn't it!

Well, I wouldn't say it died out but instead all the available information is already out there and now we just have to wait.
More news will come in 2016 for sure and hopefully we will see a trial in Mexico next year

nameless

Banned
Reaction score
Look into 'Simvastatin'

That's all for me as a small teaser ;)

Hey Hellouser I just remembered something...bald men have a higher incidence of heart attacks and strokes, both of which are caused by cholesterol, and Simvastatin reduces cholesterol. And now there is some evidence that simvastatin may grow some hair. I wonder if cholesterol plays a role in hair loss????????

Check these links out:

http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/258601.php

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2013/04/130403200156.htm

http://www.theguardian.com/society/2013/apr/03/bald-men-heart-problems-report

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/technology-science/science/bald-men-more-risk-heart-1807196

Anyone got any thoughts on this?

NewUser

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Anyone got any thoughts on this?

Thanks for the information. Apparently they've realized that even though they can treat elderly people for one age-related disease, those same people will often die of another aging-related disease altogether. In this case it would be better if they could treat the disease(aging) upstream closer to cause than focusing on one or two of its related effects.

Statins may slow aging process

And another pill used to treat type 2 diabetes, may be the first anti-aging drug to undergo clinical trials

Anti-ageing pill pushed as bona fide drug

I know doctors have been using themselves as guinea pigs with taking megadoses of vitamin C for years. Apparently there are even some taking metformin and statin drugs, even though they have neither cholesterol issues nor diabetes.

Swoop

My Regimen
Reaction score

paleocapa89

Established Member
Reaction score
370K per person average in her company. Not too bad...! What would Ziering get for that ;)?
For that money one should suspect someone would take proper pictures lol.

yes, but for what time frame? I really hope its not just for 1 year that would be an outrageous spending on salaries.. :)

There are a few interesting reports that can be found on the website, like this:
https://www.zacksinvest.com/sites/default/files/offer_files/HSC Application Overview.pdf

"The complex is a proprietary liquid made up of naturally secreted growth factors, proteins and other synergistic bioproducts which have been shown to both stimulate resting hair follicles and induce new follicle formation"

Is this information only new to me? Should we believe that?

Swoop

My Regimen
Reaction score
yes, but for what time frame? I really hope its not just for 1 year that would be an outrageous spending on salaries.. :)

There are a few interesting reports that can be found on the website, like this:
https://www.zacksinvest.com/sites/default/files/offer_files/HSC Application Overview.pdf

"The complex is a proprietary liquid made up of naturally secreted growth factors, proteins and other synergistic bioproducts which have been shown to both stimulate resting hair follicles and induce new follicle formation"

Is this information only new to me? Should we believe that?

The bolded part? No, that's incorrect. Morphogenesis of hair follicles on "purpose" has never been proven outside of animal models. This is a known fact among literature and researchers.

She has no basis to say such things unless she shows research that confirms that, for instance through ultrastructural or histopathological examination or other possible methods that would confirm such a thing. You can't make such claims if you have no evidence of such a thing occurring.

paleocapa89

Established Member
Reaction score
yeah, you are right, they probably referring to this:

"HSC has also been shown to expand human scalp-derived epidermal and dermal cellsin vitro for five passages while maintaining their trichogenicity. Expanded cells wereimplanted into new mice and grew into new hair follicles."

It seems those freakin' mice can grow hair with everything. No wonder they are such a useless model for male pattern baldness research.

Swoop

My Regimen
Reaction score
yeah, you are right, they probably referring to this:

"HSC has also been shown to expand human scalp-derived epidermal and dermal cellsin vitro for five passages while maintaining their trichogenicity. Expanded cells wereimplanted into new mice and grew into new hair follicles."

IT seems those freakin' mice can grow hair with everything. No wonder they are such a useless model for male pattern baldness research.

Jup seems like it, quick thinking of you nice.

They sure grow hair of everything lol.. I have recently stumbled upon a paper of BPH (enlarged prostate). In the paper they admitted also that they have many troubles how to approach a possible fix or better treatment for BPH, because just like with Androgenetic Alopecia mice don't suffer from a enlarged prostate in life haha... So they also have no proper models to work with. Thus advancements are slow as hell too in BPH.

It remains a huge problem, the lack of a proper model.

I think the closest to a proper model for Androgenetic Alopecia are stumptail macaque. They bald naturally on their head and androgens seem to play a huge role too;

stumptailed-macaque.jpg

I bet that monkey is pissed off because he's bald ;).

efedrez

Reaction score
Has anyone hear news from Histogen regarding the meetings in early December 2015 with the Mexican FDA equivalent?

jasonbourne

Reaction score
Jup seems like it, quick thinking of you nice.

They sure grow hair of everything lol.. I have recently stumbled upon a paper of BPH (enlarged prostate). In the paper they admitted also that they have many troubles how to approach a possible fix or better treatment for BPH, because just like with Androgenetic Alopecia mice don't suffer from a enlarged prostate in life haha... So they also have no proper models to work with. Thus advancements are slow as hell too in BPH.

It remains a huge problem, the lack of a proper model.

I think the closest to a proper model for Androgenetic Alopecia are stumptail macaque. They bald naturally on their head and androgens seem to play a huge role too;

stumptailed-macaque.jpg

I bet that monkey is pissed off because he's bald ;).

that guy looks like fred the belgian

- - - Updated - - -

I'm hoping Histogen is the cure we need, and it is quickly available to the public

for real? even though im losing hair, i hope that Histogen is NOT the cure we need, and never becomes available to the public. herp derp

Folliman

Established Member
Reaction score
The minimum investment is 25K... I wish I had the money. I wonder if Kevin O'Leary would be interested in Replicel/Histogen.