Histogen Interview w/ Dr. Gail Naughton | Page 7 | HairLossTalk Forums
Dismiss Notice
Forum Update: Aug 19. Feedback for the Admin? Upgrade coming: Click Here.

Histogen Interview w/ Dr. Gail Naughton

Discussion in '9th World Congress for Hair Research Conference' started by hellouser, Nov 25, 2015.

1. hellouser

hellouser Senior Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    I promise you guys, if I ever win the lottery I'm dumping a whole slew of money into hair loss research ONLY.

2. Toddskii

Toddskii Member

Dislikes Received:
    Yep I would too man, the money that will be made by the people that cures this bull**** is gonna be unreal.

3. distracted

distracted Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    If you had the money, what research would you put it towards?

4. Follisket

Follisket Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    Now that you've brought it up, hellouser, I'm surprised that doesn't happen more often. If I was rich, I'd make damn sure a huge chunk of my money went towards finding a cure for this nightmare. So why doesn't anyone seem to be doing that?

There's definitely a number of wealthy celebrities and millionaires out there struggling with hair loss, most of them probably even a lot more dependant on their appearance than random people. Like, it's clear Trump is insanely conscious of his hair and probably frothing at the mouth with all the mockery he's sustained over that, so how hasn't he single-handedly fixed this crap yet, given the insane amounts of money he's rolling in? You'd think he'd be drowning hair loss research in funds.

5. Afro_Vacancy

Afro_Vacancy Senior Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Why doesn't Trump just get a hair transplant?

6. Swoop

Swoop Senior Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Probably a flap surgery.

<script height="489px" width="869px" src="http://player.ooyala.com/iframe.js#pbid=6e12e8b3387a44daacfb73afba25a76e&ec=N4M2pleTqshFojtAM7PDyhnn3kvHa-h-"></script>

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. I.D WALKER

I.D WALKER Senior Member

Dislikes Received:
    It perfectly suits his flapping gums. :)

Giiizmo likes this.
  8. nameless

nameless Banned

Dislikes Received:

I've got $25,000 but I don't trust Histogen. They keep having trouble moving forward so I think that maybe they're product isn't as effective as we're hoping it is.
    I'll call them next Wednesday but I really don't know about trusting them at this point with all of these delays.

I.D WALKER likes this.
  9. nameless

nameless Banned

Dislikes Received:
    When will Histogen first hit the market and where?

- - - Updated - - -

It looks to me like in the baseline pic the patient is looking straight ahead while in the 24 week pic the patient is looking down. This could make a big difference. It makes it look like in the 24 week pic his hair has gotten thick enough that you can't see his facial features from an overview but maybe the real reason you can't see his facial features is because he's looking downward.

10. Folliman

Folliman Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    They definitely need to take better pictures.

11. Norwood One

Norwood One Experienced Member

Dislikes Received:
    Even though they may have combed the hair for a certain fuller look in the pictures, there's no denying it's an amazing result. This is after 24 weeks, AKA 6 months. Even our best bet finasteride/minoxidil combo doesn't do that in the first 6 months, or not to that extent.

Imagine a regimen of minoxidil/finasteride + histogen. It might well be all we need.

12. hellouser

hellouser Senior Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    You can't see his facial features because... guess what, his new HAIR is in the way. These comments about the photo being faked or having 'poor lighting' are ridiculous. You have to be trolling to make that kind of judgement.... that result is UNDENIABLY amazing.

13. Afro_Vacancy

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    It's obvious that the hair improved, but it's too bad that they chose to exagerrate the effect by using a different angle.

14. I.D WALKER

I.D WALKER Senior Member

Dislikes Received:
    Hmm.., I wonder what would possess them to do that?

15. Afro_Vacancy

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    I wasn't worried about the different angle until you guys mentioned it.

More worried about the fact it's one picture. That guy may simply be the best responder out of the entire sample.

16. nameless

nameless Banned

Dislikes Received:
    I'm not so sure. Let me contemplate these 2 photos a bit longer.

17. NewUser

NewUser Experienced Member

Dislikes Received:
    Yeah I'll bet the lucky bassted is smiling from ear-to-ear in that 24th week photo, but we can't tell because of all that new hair. He's a ringer for George Hairison I think. From a top view, anyway? :)

18. paleocapa89

paleocapa89 Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    I hope you are right Hellouser. But I fear that the truth is in the middle. There is improvement, but they did everything they could to exaggerate it. And he is probably the best responder. If I led a company that is looking for investment and I had photos of other subject's great improvement I would surely flood the internet with them..

19. nameless

nameless Banned

Dislikes Received:

I think the reason we can't see if he's smiling is because he's looking downward. He may have more hair. I'm not saying he doesn't have more hair. I'm just saying that by looking downward that is obstructing our view of his facial features, and perhaps one of the reasons we think he has more hair is because we can't see his facial features.

20. NewUser

NewUser Experienced Member

Dislikes Received:
    I'm with hellouser because I am very impressed. All I can say is, Wow! I've never seen a result like it. And Gail Naughton sounded quite confident about that patient's success, as well as other results, during the interview with hellouser.

On the other hand if these people were making these claims at start of the last decade, I might be a little worried. I think that the SEC and justice dept down there in the states have since tightened regulations and laws concerning stock fraud, conflicts of interest, malfeasance etc. Far less room for stock promotion shenanigans in the US than here in Canada or any other country I think. Gail Naughton is a straight shooter as far as I can tell.