Histogen Interview w/ Dr. Gail Naughton | Page 10 | HairLossTalk Forums

Histogen Interview w/ Dr. Gail Naughton

Discussion in '9th World Congress for Hair Research Conference' started by hellouser, Nov 25, 2015.

1. Tracksterderm

Tracksterderm Established Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Hair loss sufferers are rightfully sceptical to all promises and treatments that are not proven to work without a doubt.
    However, we are probably all rooting for anyone who can come up with really good treatment. Something that is side-free and effective.
    So it always good to see they are continueing research/presentations/efforts. Off course, with less enthusiasm as time goes by, but still.

2. David1984Australia

David1984Australia New Member

Dislikes Received:
    Hi guys (and girls), I contacted Histogen this week (9th March) via email to see how things are going with development and testing of HSC. I received a reply the next day stating HSC is currently in a series D financing round, part of which will be utilised for the next phase of clinical trials in the US. Their initial target markets are the US and ASIA. After the clinical trials in the US, at least one additional round of clinical trials will be required for any other countries it is introduced in.

I also contacted Replicel back on 4th Feb regarding status of the RCH-01 trials in Japan (with Shiseido) - I contacted Replicel as I didn't get a reply from Shiseido. Response from Replicel was simply that Shiseido hadn't received approvals to proceed at that point and therefore they couldn't comment further.

So, not really any 'new' news, but I hope this update helps.

3. Xaser94

Xaser94 Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    I would have thought they would have mentioned their progress on clinical trials in other countries. If Im not mistaken funding shouldnt be a problem since the companies they are partnering with in respective countries are footing the bill on that :/

4. Swoop

Swoop Senior Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    How predictable again ;). Thanks for the info.

5. Blackber

Blackber Experienced Member

Dislikes Received:
    No mention of Mexico from Histogen huh?

That doesn't mean Mexico is dead in the water but it's not a good sign. They sounded fairly confident in their interview with Hellouser that Mexico was going to be their first step.

6. David1984Australia

David1984Australia New Member

Dislikes Received:
    No specific mention of Mexico, although their response was very brief and didn't go into too much detail so I wouldn't be too disheartened.

7. Blackber

Blackber Experienced Member

Dislikes Received:
    I agree but in her interview with Hellouser she specifically mentioned Mexico and that they were in "late stage" negitoations with a partner down there. It seemed like that would be their first market place so it's odd the email says Asia and US would be first.

8. Pasbrillantebrunette

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen

Hi Hellouser,
    Thanks for the post and for mentionning girls also ! I have some hopes in Histogen since, even if we can't be totally sure about the photos, the macro pics and the figures are really good, aren't they ?
    I think 2017 will be a good year.
    I don't really know about your hairs, but your voice... quite sexy !

hairblues, hellouser and Noisette like this.
  9. markusbdc

markusbdc New Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Hey Hellouser- I know this is a little off subject but I would love to know what you are currently doing for your hair loss..Are you still making RU and using that? I know you had some good results with it back some 5 or 6 years ago. Are you successfully maintaining what hair you do have?
    As you know we are all trying very desparately to hold on to what hair we do have until something that actually works comes along...Thanks, Markus

10. hellouser

hellouser Senior Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Yes, I'm still on RU, but also on a number of different things.

11. markusbdc

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    They should have had the hair styled the exact same way in the second pic- to me it looks as if they just combed it all forward from the whorl and there really isnt a lot of new hair growth at all- just a lot of wishful thinking...

12. markusbdc

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    So I have to ask- Are you regrowing anything or at least maintaining to a degree you are happy with ?
    again Thanks.