Histogen Interview w/ Dr. Gail Naughton

Tracksterderm

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I know there isn't much enthusiasm about Histogen on here but...
http://www.histogen.com/aboutus/news.htm

Hair loss sufferers are rightfully sceptical to all promises and treatments that are not proven to work without a doubt.
However, we are probably all rooting for anyone who can come up with really good treatment. Something that is side-free and effective.
So it always good to see they are continueing research/presentations/efforts. Off course, with less enthusiasm as time goes by, but still.

David1984Australia

Reaction score
Hi guys (and girls), I contacted Histogen this week (9th March) via email to see how things are going with development and testing of HSC. I received a reply the next day stating HSC is currently in a series D financing round, part of which will be utilised for the next phase of clinical trials in the US. Their initial target markets are the US and ASIA. After the clinical trials in the US, at least one additional round of clinical trials will be required for any other countries it is introduced in.

I also contacted Replicel back on 4th Feb regarding status of the RCH-01 trials in Japan (with Shiseido) - I contacted Replicel as I didn't get a reply from Shiseido. Response from Replicel was simply that Shiseido hadn't received approvals to proceed at that point and therefore they couldn't comment further.

So, not really any 'new' news, but I hope this update helps.

Xaser94

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi guys (and girls), I contacted Histogen this week (9th March) via email to see how things are going with development and testing of HSC. I received a reply the next day stating HSC is currently in a series D financing round, part of which will be utilised for the next phase of clinical trials in the US. Their initial target markets are the US and ASIA. After the clinical trials in the US, at least one additional round of clinical trials will be required for any other countries it is introduced in.

I also contacted Replicel back on 4th Feb regarding status of the RCH-01 trials in Japan (with Shiseido) - I contacted Replicel as I didn't get a reply from Shiseido. Response from Replicel was simply that Shiseido hadn't received approvals to proceed at that point and therefore they couldn't comment further.

I would have thought they would have mentioned their progress on clinical trials in other countries. If Im not mistaken funding shouldnt be a problem since the companies they are partnering with in respective countries are footing the bill on that :/

Swoop

My Regimen
Reaction score

How predictable again ;). Thanks for the info.

Blackber

Experienced Member
Reaction score

No mention of Mexico from Histogen huh?

That doesn't mean Mexico is dead in the water but it's not a good sign. They sounded fairly confident in their interview with Hellouser that Mexico was going to be their first step.

David1984Australia

Reaction score
No specific mention of Mexico, although their response was very brief and didn't go into too much detail so I wouldn't be too disheartened.

Blackber

Experienced Member
Reaction score
No specific mention of Mexico, although their response was very brief and didn't go into too much detail so I wouldn't be too disheartened.

I agree but in her interview with Hellouser she specifically mentioned Mexico and that they were in "late stage" negitoations with a partner down there. It seemed like that would be their first market place so it's odd the email says Asia and US would be first.

markusbdc

My Regimen
Reaction score
Here we go! It's live! All the questions you guys posted have been answered in this interview AS WELL as some 'new news'. Thanks to everyone for contributing, this is definitely awesome!

Along with this, some things that I'd like to point out thats not in the video;

1) One of Dr. Naughton's concerns about the treatment is the end cost, so we definitely have someone we can trust for fair pricing. She agrees that hair transplants are too costly, some being nearly $20,000 (Dr. Rahal).
2) Dr. Naughton is also seeking a physician or clinician who's willing to do a pilot study with HSC in Canada. If we can find some names, we could have Histogen go straight to Phase III. I've already emailed Dr. Naughton with a couple names that may help her (Dr. Jeff Biernaskie and Dr. Marc Jeschke).
3) Dr. Naughton is on the board for Centre for commercialization of Regenerative Medicine in Canada. She mentions that that Canada is VERY friendly in this area, so Histogen could be a go for Americans where they could just hop south or north of the border and get HSC in either Mexico or Canada. I made mention that with the election of our new prime minister Justin Trudeau things could really pick up. She's willing to explore Canada as an option, FINGERS CROSSED!

A special note for EvilLocks; I asked about some things about it for women as well as mentioned you a little. :cool:

As promised, I'd be sharing the entire presentation. I know some of you may not have Microsoft Powerpoint, so I've exported ALL the slides into separate images and uploaded them to my Photobucket account. You can view these here:

http://s1120.photobucket.com/user/hellouser/library/Histogen Presentation Hair Congress 2015?

However, the one slide you guys will really be thrilled with is this one:
Slide15.jpg

^ That result is absolutely incredible. Not only does HSC manage to fill in the forelock, but also the temples. I didn't have a whole lot of time to go over the presentation before my meeting with Dr. Naughton.
Also, keep in mind I have the audio recording of Dr. Naughton's presentation during the congress as well, I'm just waiting on the go ahead to put that online as well.

As a final note, THANK YOU to Dr. Gail Naughton for taking the time to meeting with me and big thanks to everyone on HairLossTalk.com for all the suggestions with questions!
Hey Hellouser- I know this is a little off subject but I would love to know what you are currently doing for your hair loss..Are you still making RU and using that? I know you had some good results with it back some 5 or 6 years ago. Are you successfully maintaining what hair you do have?
As you know we are all trying very desparately to hold on to what hair we do have until something that actually works comes along...Thanks, Markus

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey Hellouser- I know this is a little off subject but I would love to know what you are currently doing for your hair loss..Are you still making RU and using that? I know you had some good results with it back some 5 or 6 years ago. Are you successfully maintaining what hair you do have?
As you know we are all trying very desparately to hold on to what hair we do have until something that actually works comes along...Thanks, Markus

Yes, I'm still on RU, but also on a number of different things.

markusbdc

My Regimen
Reaction score
Even though they may have combed the hair for a certain fuller look in the pictures, there's no denying it's an amazing result. This is after 24 weeks, AKA 6 months. Even our best bet finasteride/minoxidil combo doesn't do that in the first 6 months, or not to that extent.

Imagine a regimen of minoxidil/finasteride + histogen. It might well be all we need.
They should have had the hair styled the exact same way in the second pic- to me it looks as if they just combed it all forward from the whorl and there really isnt a lot of new hair growth at all- just a lot of wishful thinking...