Histogen Interview w/ Dr. Gail Naughton

newplayer

Established Member
Reaction score
Scepticism is ok, but guys - the guy on the photo didnt have anything to comb over. Period. He had absolutely no hair to cover that area whatever they/he tried.
This is a huge progress in my eyes.

bags

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
All I have to say is after reading up on the Ziering guy who ran the trials I personally have lost allllllot of faith in Histogen. Those pictures are at two different angles all together and the hair is combed to make the results look more dramatic. Only time will tell when the first groups of customers go to get the finished product but I am by no means "excited" about histogen anymore. I've been around the block enough to know that crooks run with crooks. Ziering is a Crook. Histogen could have gone to any reputable Dr to work with but they chose this con artist knowing his history. Hopefully Samumed isn't lying about their safety and efficiency, and Replicel/Shiseidos method actually works.

Just being realistic. I would love to have a thick wooly head of hair again.

resu

Reaction score
Unless he has topik then it's not enough to do a comb over but there's a weird line:

iZDqp1m.png

Abu Hairy Al-Forhedi

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
At around 7:00 Naughton talks about how stem cells could behave unpredictably(proinflammatory) and that's the reason they used cell secreted material. Wise decision, imo. I wonder if thats the risk factor REPLICEL is taking... could these cells turn into "bad" or even cancerous cells??

Interesting interview. I like how she openly talks about histogen in contrast with Replicels Hoffmann and Buckler where they were much more conservative.

About the photos.. there is significant regrowth BUT also a slight combover over the temples, so its hard to tell whats going on there.

20legend

Reaction score
Hellouser, you mentioned histogen can directly go into phase 3 trials in Canada.
Can you explain how is that possible? Have they already completed phase 1and 2. I must be missing something.

Thanks for all the awesome work

resu

Reaction score
Don't you guys see that diagonal line that goes from the "W" of week till the blue box on the table at the left corner? It's like they used a selection and made the right side darker.

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
Now that you mention it, I see it.

You know what always pisses me off about these companies? You would think that with them having so much money and technology, they would be able to afford a proper photographer and setup.
I can (and have) taken more high res and detailed pictures so I know it is possible even for an amateur let alone them, since they have so much money behind this product. You would think if it really works, they would do their best to take clear, no frills pictures. They could even do high res close ups or microscopic images to show hair diameters increasing and things like that. The pictures they provide us with are elementary school level bull****. Makes me very suspicious of their overall product. I can't take these biotechs seriously when they do things like this. As an investor I would be very wary of putting my money on the line given what I see here.

GoldenMane

My Regimen
Reaction score
Assuming no concealer was used, looks like it worked, but they did choose angles and styles to exaggerate the difference from before to after. It probably works , maybe as well as a good minoxidil response, hair growth and camera angles constitute the remaining difference.

farkhairloss

Established Member
Reaction score
Excellent interview Hellouser. Also thanks to Gail Naughten for taking so much of her time.
Looks very promising, hopefully they have no more hurdles.

Reaction score
Now that you mention it, I see it.

You would think that with them having so much money and technology, they would be able to afford a proper photographer and setup.
I can (and have) taken more high res and detailed pictures so I know it is possible even for an amateur let alone them, since they have so much money behind this product. You would think if it really works, they would do their best to take clear, no frills pictures. They could even do high res close ups or microscopic images to show hair diameters increasing and things like that. The pictures they provide us with are elementary school level bull****. Makes me very suspicious of their overall product. I can't take these biotechs seriously when they do things like this. As an investor I would be very wary of putting my money on the line given what I see here.

Honestly, I if I do order a portrait session for my family from our local photographer I getter better images than these. I believe that they want to hide something.

Anyway the comb-over images are totally dumb. Do they really think the average consumer would go for that? That is only convincing for someone who has no clue...

newplayer

Established Member
Reaction score
I think you're all exaggerating, there are also 2 clear images of females with SIGNIFICANT regrowth.
I admit there is a combover - BUT there is no hair in the before image to do any kind of combover,
not even close to "after" photo, unless toppik or photoshop are used.

I hope we'll see more pics of male patients soon to unlock the mystery.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
Scepticism is ok, but guys - the guy on the photo didnt have anything to comb over. Period. He had absolutely no hair to cover that area whatever they/he tried.
This is a huge progress in my eyes.

I agree, in the before picture forelock area is so scarce with hair, there is absolutely no way to create a combover from that. Even if you adjusted the angle (its really not that big of a deal here), it would still tell the same story; the forelock and temples all got results.

oye_rg

Established Member
Reaction score
* To the naysayers I would say this: do you think that if he styled his hair the same in the "before" pic as he did in the "after" pic, the "before" pic would look the same as the "after" pic?

No. But with colour, yes.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't see any problem with them trying to show as good results as possible since they are seeking attention and funding. It is a company behind this, and most companies goal is to make money. It is obvious that they have combed the hair and taken the photos from the best angle. However, if the pictures are real at all, there is no doubt that this guy have had some serious regrowth (in just 6 months). I cant help to get excited. Would be very nice to hear Hellousers general thoughts since he is very knowledgeable, trustworthy and also have met the doctors in person.

This is a sham imo tbh. Have you guys considered all his 'apparently new hair' is so long and thick it could not have actually been new hair. Every dead follicle just wouldn't become A-one from day 1 and start producing from day 1 and even if it did it would still not make into what they are trying to pretend. It is just old hair if you ask me.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah that pic seems a little shady but certainly this one demonstrates a clearly significant amount of regrowth, right? It's on the temples too:

Slide17.jpg

Or is the fact she's female the reason why she got crazy growth? Haven't been able to listen to the interview yet unfortunately but this looks amazing, thanks hellouser

What's that thick dark line going along the border in 18 weeks pic? any ideas?

paleocapa89

Established Member
Reaction score
What's that thick dark line going along the border in 18 weeks pic? any ideas?

Maybe some kind of temporary tattoo to mark the area where they applied the stuff and was expecting regrowth.

All this talk whether the pictures are faked or not made me unsure :(

What makes me wonder is (for example with the woman) can hair grow that long in only 18 weeks? I'd assume growth doesn't start right after they injected the complex but it takes some weeks for the follicle to regenerate. So we might have to deduct that from the 18 weeks as well..

On the other hand, I don't know why they would forge the pictures, if I am correct they have more than enough funds right now, haven't they?

moarhairpls

Reaction score
No. But with colour, yes.

- - - Updated - - -

This is a sham imo tbh. Have you guys considered all his 'apparently new hair' is so long and thick it could not have actually been new hair. Every dead follicle just wouldn't become A-one from day 1 and start producing from day 1 and even if it did it would still not make into what they are trying to pretend. It is just old hair if you ask me.

Good point. It really stretches the imagination to think her hair could grow that long in 18 weeks.

As for the combover guy, just look at the crown where they didn't play tricks. It is virtually identical. He got some regrowth surely, but nothing more than minoxidil gives.

oye_rg

Established Member
Reaction score
yes but this long lock of hair at his right that runs on the left is very suspicious.

Exactly. Not even one of those hair can be new hair by the thickness and length. A juvenile with high hair growth rate wouldn't get that length and thickness in 6 months even if all those follicles started producing hair in 5th gear from day 1.

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe some kind of temporary tattoo to mark the area where they applied the stuff and was expecting regrowth.

All this talk whether the pictures are faked or not made me unsure :(

What makes me wonder is (for example with the woman) can hair grow that long in only 18 weeks? I'd assume growth doesn't start right after they injected the complex but it takes some weeks for the follicle to regenerate. So we might have to deduct that from the 18 weeks as well..

On the other hand, I don't know why they would forge the pictures, if I am correct they have more than enough funds right now, haven't they?

Call me a cynic but I am giving up on Histogen right now. If they had any results, even though small, they would not be faking it but showing credible proper pictures with those results. I would do that if I were running the company and my only objective was to make money by hook or by crook. If I didn't have anything to show for, I would do exactly what they have done.

- - - Updated - - -

This is what real regrowth looks like. I know its real because its my temple.

temple2.jpg

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
Guys, there's clear regrowth, there's really nothing to debate here about angles, darkness, or combovers. I've taken out the photographs from the PowerPoint presentation and uploaded larger ones with more detail. The results are very clear. (Before pic is small resolution, but it doesn't matter much, the extreme hair loss in forelock is evident). See below:

Pmjtcx3.jpg