Histogen Interview w/ Dr. Gail Naughton | Page 3 | HairLossTalk Forums
Dismiss Notice
Forum Update: Aug 19. Feedback for the Admin? Upgrade coming: Click Here.

Histogen Interview w/ Dr. Gail Naughton

Discussion in '9th World Congress for Hair Research Conference' started by hellouser, Nov 25, 2015.

1. DDobler

DDobler Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    Do you guys really think they fake their pictures/results?
    It is a very risky thing for a company to do. But I won't lie, the after photo does look odd (at the front line)

2. oye_rg

oye_rg Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    "Beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder". I stick to my opinion but just for myself. I am open to everyone deciding on their own and I am also open minded that I may be wrong. And I do hope I turn out to be wrong.

3. DDobler

DDobler Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    After seeing the higher resolution photo I think that there is nothing to be skeptic about.

4. resu

resu Senior Member

Dislikes Received:
    The idea is to know for certain just how much regrowth the people on trials got which the photos don't make it clear. That Israelite device was the only one with professional photos.

5. Joxy

Joxy Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    You have the email of Dr. Gail, so you can ask her clearly about pictures. Maybe she will answered you.

6. Swoop

Swoop Senior Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. nameless

nameless Banned

Dislikes Received:

But one thing is that they switched the side the part is on and if you switch the side the part is on that changes how the coverage looks. I still think that there's regrowth though.

- - - Updated - - -

The two red pimples may not even be the same pimple. The angles are a little different in the two photos.

And not to worry yet because there's still SM04554, which is the one I'm mostly paying attention to.

8. Norwood One

Norwood One Experienced Member

Dislikes Received:
    There's no denying the guy had regrowth from the before after. He had no temple hair to cover up anything from the top.

That being said, there also is no way they didn't "style" it to show maximum perceived density. That is pretty obvious from the right to left combover.

9. QAC

QAC New Member

Dislikes Received:
    Of course there is some regrowth but not more then an average/good big three responder.
    What you should ask is why make it look better then it is, why do a Trump?

10. efedrez

efedrez Member

Dislikes Received:
    Hellouser, I just listened to the entire interview and have to say tha it was a fantastic job, you did much better that any regular journalists and represented well our community with knowledgeable and interesting questions.

As for the trials in Mexico, did she mentioned any details related to enrollment after their potential approval from the Mexican FDA?

I travel to Mexico frequently for work and will be more than interested in becoming part of the trial

11. hellouser

hellouser Senior Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Thanks man! Definitely appreciate the kind words :) I could inquire for you about being part of the trial! I sent Dr. Naughton an email yesteday asking for permission to upload an audio recording of her presentation during the congress as well as the powerpoint presentation. I haven't heard back yet, so I'll leave things as is for now, I don't want to bombard her with too many emails. I'm sure she's being flooded with messages after all the recent news.

12. rantanplang17

rantanplang17 Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    Well i m ready to pay to have those result plus avoiding taking pills and putting topical every day in my life and avoiding sexual side effect ... So this is quite positive I think. I this is excellent results!

13. rush4life

rush4life Member

Dislikes Received:
    when I saw the results yesterday I was impressed at first but I have gone back and studied it and you can clearly see the 2nd picture they have pushed forward hair where as in the original picture they parted it all. That along with the dye job make it incredibly difficult to determine the exact change. It looks like there is still growth but it could be a lot less than the pictures would first have you believe. At any rate, some news is better than no news. Thanks a lot Hellouser - this stuff is all gold for us. Cheers.

14. nameless

nameless Banned

Dislikes Received:
    Does it really matter if some of the improvement is because of the change in how his hair is styled?

If using Histogen + different hair-styling would give you that much improvement I think you would be less depressed about hair loss.

15. darwin101

darwin101 Member

Dislikes Received:
    So Histogen also presented several slides that had trial data on hair growth from before and after? Why is no one analyzing the actual data instead of this one photo? What does the data presented tell us? Someone a little brighter than myself should start discussing that!

16. AntiAndrogen

AntiAndrogen New Member

Dislikes Received:
    This is no average result for a 'big three' responder. If someone got this out of the so-called big three they should be thrilled and consider themselves one of the lucky ones. Especially in just 24 weeks or whatever. Plus it's a one or two-shot treatment rather than daily pills that potentially ruin your erection, and slathering goop on your scalp twice a day, permanently. This news from Histogen is the most important news there has ever been on any of these forums.

hellouser likes this.
  17. nameless

nameless Banned

Dislikes Received:
    Good point.

Also, I would like to see the Samumed presentation.

18. bobby dearfield

bobby dearfield New Member

Dislikes Received:

Thank you Hellouser for everything but these pictures are no good. They made me lost the rest of credit I put in Histogen. This is not serious. Ridiculous attempt to make it seem that there was an amazing growth when, if you pay attention, there wasn't. This was ridiculous, in my opinion.

Frankly, a company that was supposed to be considered respectful shouldn't go so low. That was lamentable, Histogen, bye bye!!

19. Solomon

Solomon Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    Guys I'm starting to think that you want Histogen to fail :D wtf

The regrowth can't be unseen. Yeah, pics are not great buut THERE IS VERY GOOD regrowth

WhitePolarBear likes this.
  20. resu

resu Senior Member

Dislikes Received:
    There is regrowth but how much is still a question, we'll just have to wait until they share scalp photos taken with a microscope.