Hiding Hairloss/norwood Progression2-3???

Notanuther1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I was still pretty much stuck in denial and thinking my log side frige hid my disappearing temples well. Just since August my hair is less full. I know I have male pattern baldness as a diagnosis for a year. A classmate asked me what was wrong with my hair on the sides and pointed to my temples. Burst my bubble. I think I have gotten to almost Norwood 3? What do you think? And since I have waited so long and no treatment I am wondering if a year has done too much damage. Comments, questions. I turned 18 this month btw. Sorry my new phone sucks at taking pics.

Ollie

My Regimen
Reaction score
You're 2 at very worst but you do have miniaturisation and if in fact you are destined for baldness it will continue from now. Up to you if you start treatments, but you need to weigh up side effect risks and ask yourself how much your hair means to you.

fenom

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If you genes are so bad you should jump into treatment :/
If you are scared to take propecia maybe start with rogaine?
Also, I am surprised that your friend found your hair weird, because it's not really so bad for non-norwood spotters. I have almost the same temples and none finds my hair weird.

TomRiddle

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
You're 2 at very worst but you do have miniaturisation and if in fact you are destined for baldness it will continue from now. Up to you if you start treatments, but you need to weigh up side effect risks and ask yourself how much your hair means to you.

Yeah, that's why i hate this quote so much. I mean, 99% of people value hair and i'm sure that 99% of them would trade a head full of hair over a bald one, even if a lot look decent or over it, even if most get used to it and move on with life, cos we have only one doh, even if it's only for the fact that hair protects your head from the sun and cold. I mean, wtf who the f*** does not value hair or wants to go bald, i'm sure that there are some maybe 0.1% of people that would say that they like it and shave even when they have hair but just the fact that you can't actually control it and don't have the power that we want over it, it's annoying, frustrating and can create problems.

But taking drugs that can f*** your life up from different perspectives just to save that f*****g hair that we all love so much, for some it simply is not worth it, i would die if i would get b**ch titts from finasteride, i would simply rather be bald than go through that surgery and pray that they won't come back or go through the whole gland removal that most of you have no idea what could happen and how it will impact your life in the future. I would rather get a f*****g transplant and take that gamble without finasteride, rather than take the gamble with the limp dick, b**ch titties, depression that most of us already have even if it's not major for the majority, but from hair loss itself, i mean wtf, the question is, am i willing to castrate myself and accept all of this to save my hair? And for me it's simple, NO.

But what i noticed is that the majority of this hair loss forums, at least this one and the reddit one, are full of people who are willing to do it and go even farther with it, and i respect that, even if i don't agree with it. It's everybody's life and they should do whatever they want with it, but only after they have all the information available so they can make an informative and mature decision.

In the end, on this forums are maybe 5000 people, on all of them, from those 5000, 1000 same active people everyday? If treatments would have really worked and they would be so easily accepted by our bodies, you would not see all the bald people in the world, you can f*****g get a bottle of propecia now for 10 bucks a month, everybody would have taken it. Including billionaires, movie stars and all the people who have access to better treatments and things that the general public does not have access anyways. But they wear wigs, get transplants and the rest accept it...

Last edited:

TomRiddle

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
OP i don't know what to say, it's kind of early, it looks aggressive but you can't predict it's future. It could stop there, it could stop for a while at least and when you are over 25-30 maybe to start losing it fast. Nobody can predict it's patern and unfortunately without a DHT blocker like finasteride or the stronger one dutasteride, it's not much you can do. I would change my diet if i were you, cleaner food, i would supplement with vitamins, i would buy a good keto shampoo and i would try dermarolling but lighter and with a pen, not a 10$ roller.

You could go to a good dermatologist or trichologist if you really want to see how much miniaturization you have and that's kind of it. Try to monitor it with pictures, maybe at 3-6 months and see if you get any changes. If it goes aggressive, unfortunately you don't have any other choice to save or regrow something without drugs. And drugs have their cost, "if it's worth it and you place value lol on hair", you know the rest...Maybe with age you could get a transplant, maybe until you start to lose it aggressively something new and better without sides comes out, who knows, maybe it will stop at some time or maybe some years, it could take 5 or 25 years to get to the final pattern, but nobody knows how, why and what aggravates it and so on...

Do your research and try to not let yourself influenced by other desperate people that are losing their hair, some of them have gone full transgender to save it, some injected acid into their balls and would do a lot of many other things that no sane person would ever do. And i'm not saying listen to me either, but just take your time, inform yourself, talk to some doctors/dermatologists, read studies and make a good and mature decision.

Niki99

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah, that's why i hate this quote so much. I mean, 99% of people value hair and i'm sure that 99% of them would trade a head full of hair over a bald one, even if a lot look decent or over it, even if most get used to it and move on with life, cos we have only one doh, even if it's only for the fact that hair protects your head from the sun and cold. I mean, wtf who the f*** does not value hair or wants to go bald, i'm sure that there are some maybe 0.1% of people that would say that they like it and shave even when they have hair but just the fact that you can't actually control it and don't have the power that we want over it, it's annoying, frustrating and can create problems.

But taking drugs that can f*** your life up from different perspectives just to save that f*****g hair that we all love so much, for some it simply is not worth it, i would die if i would get b**ch titts from finasteride, i would simply rather be bald than go through that surgery and pray that they won't come back or go through the whole gland removal that most of you have no idea what could happen and how it will impact your life in the future. I would rather get a f*****g transplant and take that gamble without finasteride, rather than take the gamble with the limp dick, b**ch titties, depression that most of us already have even if it's not major for the majority, but from hair loss itself, i mean wtf, the question is, am i willing to castrate myself and accept all of this to save my hair? And for me it's simple, NO.

But what i noticed is that the majority of this hair loss forums, at least this one and the reddit one, are full of people who are willing to do it and go even farther with it, and i respect that, even if i don't agree with it. It's everybody's life and they should do whatever they want with it, but only after they have all the information available so they can make an informative and mature decision.

In the end, on this forums are maybe 5000 people, on all of them, from those 5000, 1000 same active people everyday? If treatments would have really worked and they would be so easily accepted by our bodies, you would not see all the bald people in the world, you can f*****g get a bottle of propecia now for 10 bucks a month, everybody would have taken it. Including billionaires, movie stars and all the people who have access to better treatments and things that the general public does not have access anyways. But they wear wigs, get transplants and the rest accept it...
Of course there are risks to finasteride but any medication has risks. Only 2% get side effects and then there seems to be a correlation with the nocebo effect as well. If we always think the worst outcome will happen we could just give up on life in general. Everything has risks to it but you have to look at the risk/reward from case to case. When it comes to finasteride and hair loss the reward is much higher and the risk relatively low.

Ollie

My Regimen
Reaction score

Yeah man I agree .

I can only speak for my own experiences however I started finasteride a year ago and sides hit me after several months although my hair was growing back. Fortunately I had blood work done before hand so after I got blood work when the sides hit I could see my E spiked as did my prolactin. I control my prolactin with another drug that I cycle on and off of which allows me to remain free from the sides.

For me the depression and isolation of balding / no hair is worse than the very minimal sides I now experience with finasteride. Some however like you take the opposing view I guess - would rather take on the burden of hair loss than risk the sides.

Notanuther1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If you genes are so bad you should jump into treatment :/
If you are scared to take propecia maybe start with rogaine?
Also, I am surprised that your friend found your hair weird, because it's not really so bad for non-norwood spotters. I have almost the same temples and none finds my hair weird.
My friend has the hairline of an 11 year-old's hairline...He has no gap in temples...

TomRiddle

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Of course there are risks to finasteride but any medication has risks. Only 2% get side effects and then there seems to be a correlation with the nocebo effect as well. If we always think the worst outcome will happen we could just give up on life in general. Everything has risks to it but you have to look at the risk/reward from case to case. When it comes to finasteride and hair loss the reward is much higher and the risk relatively low.

They found out recently that the studies were poorly conducted and it was logical because to actually measure somebody's libido, sexual and mental performance you need to do actual more in dept before and after treatment tests rather than just asking them or only with a followup after a few months or years. The manufacturer of the drug is well known for the atrocities he has done with the medicine he invented and Propecia is not an exception, it may be not worse than others but it's not that harmless as most of you guys think it is. Besides the fact that there is an actual trial going on now that wants to force a court and Merk to share secret information about the studies that was kept from the public because they were afraid it would have impacted their sales.

https://www.reuters.com/investigates/special-report/usa-courts-secrecy-propecia/

Only a fool would believe only the studies and tests done only by the manufacturers or his hired universities, or only the ones made by the transplant industry who gets a lot of money out of it and it's in their interests because transplants look way better with finasteride than without it, especially when the final pattern is not concluded yet in the patient. There are tones of studies that were published recently that show clearly the damages that 5AR inhibitors do to the body and their long term consequences. Indeed not everybody gets sides even if i believe that not everybody notice them rather than not getting any, but there is no way i could possibly know that, and neither are you. Indeed most get to live with them and find that the benefits outnumber the disadvantages but that's not the case for the vast majority of men who are balding and the numbers show it clearly. Everybody would get on it at the first sign of hairloss if it would have been so harmless, well tolerated and so effective.

There is a guy on this forum that almost a year ago started Propecia and after a couple of months somebody asked him if he has sides, he said "NO, NO SIDES, NOT EVEN ONE" and after 2 pages on the same thread at a couple of days distance he said that he does not feel nothing anymore, that he can't get it up, that he does not produce any sperm and that he does not feel any attraction to women anymore, sides that are so reported over the internet that it's like everybody learned the same f*****g poem over and over again. After a year now, he updated the thread with pictures and when asked again if he got any sides, he says that he does not, never had lol. How tf can you actually trust somebody over the internet, people that castrate themselves and take estrogen and say that everything is fine, people that cut their balls off and say that testosterone is a poison, how tf can actually have trust in somebody so frustrated that would do such things or even end his life because of hair loss?

That's why i said inform yourself, there are tons of studies that show the advantages and disadvantages of this drugs, there is no need to trust anybody's opinion or experience over the internet, their statements change every f*****g day, every f*****g minute, with every article or study read, some even ignore all the negative info just to make themselves feel better because of the treatments that they are taking, they ignore it because they refuse to accept the truth or because of the fear of going bald being bigger than anything, at least until they start to experience it, that's when things really change and they start changing their statements or ending up on propecia help.

There is a guy here @Pigeon that posted a while ago a link from a forum where a guy made the best and biggest in dept analysis of Finasteride that i have ever seen in my life. Never seen a more documented and fanatic user of a drug in my life, very well made and i read it all and it almost convinced me to take it. That until i saw that after a couple of years(pages on the forum), he updated the thread and said that it was the worst decision of his life to take finasteride and that he got fucked for life and ended up on propecia help and that he is sorry he made that thread and he feared of the people who could be influenced by it and take his advice and believe his documentation and opinion. I was stunned, you really need to see it to understand that this is not the ordinary dude, he is really well documented on the subject.

@Pigeon If you could link the thread it would be much appreciated. It was the last drop that really made me acknowledge that this drug, it's studies, the way that is prescribed, the way that it acts and how it was discovered, the fact that nobody actually fully understands the Enzymes that it blocks shows clearly that it can't be trusted and that at any f*****g time of the treatment period, or after, something really bad could happen, and i'm not willing to take that risk, even if the risk is 1% not 2% how you ignorant fools think it is, not to say that 1% of some millions who take finasteride, including for BPH, that's a f*****g a lot of risk.

It's that simple and i understand that not everybody is like me, i respect others decision even if i don't agree with them but i am very grateful for the people who gave their lives to warn others, for the organizations that are struggling to see what happens and for the universities that made studies just like the one from the Korean Journal that has all the other studies analyzed.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4064044/

Last edited:

TomRiddle

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah man I agree .

I can only speak for my own experiences however I started finasteride a year ago and sides hit me after several months although my hair was growing back. Fortunately I had blood work done before hand so after I got blood work when the sides hit I could see my E spiked as did my prolactin. I control my prolactin with another drug that I cycle on and off of which allows me to remain free from the sides.

For me the depression and isolation of balding / no hair is worse than the very minimal sides I now experience with finasteride. Some however like you take the opposing view I guess - would rather take on the burden of hair loss than risk the sides.

Combating sides from a drug that it's side effect is hair growth with an other drug that has potentially it's sides also is never a good idea. I am glad that it works for you and hope it does work until you want it to work, but you have to know that the body gains tolerance with every single pill you take, it's that simple, is how the human body actually works, even with some faster and with others slower, it always gains tolerance. What will happen when this drugs build tolerance or when the body reacts differently. Nobody knows what damage they are doing and how it will affect your future, maybe more than hair loss would have had. But i understand, i don't want to judge anybody even if i may sound so, it's hard to really express it in writing, but i know it's hard and i understand most of you, but i still don't find it a viable solution, it's too big of a risk, for somebody who really thinks of the future i really think it's a really hard decision to make..

TomRiddle

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I suppose you're talking about this guy, Redstar: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=158889153&page=1

Yup, guy ended up with pfs and on propeciahelp after a couple of years...

Tbh it's hormonal treatment and pure common sense tells us this is not the way forward. Having to take a hormonal drug for the rest of your life for your hair will cause more than just saving your hair. Wish we had a wonder pill to save hair but sadly we don't. This crap has destroyed many lives of young hopeless balding men who wanted to believe that it was safe, ignoring the mountain of anecdotal evidence that it can and probably will f*** you in the long run.

@Notanuther1 Try zix for 6 months and see if it works, it's still unkown that's why we don't have a ton of anecdotal reports but it's becoming more popular and popular, enough evidence know to know that it works for a lot of people.

Yeah that one many thanks. And yes, you are right, we would all want that f*****g pill but it does not exist unfortunately and because of that people are so dumb that they will take anything and do anything, at least a part of them, and it's sad in a way because they keep pumping and buying this shits that destroy lives and mostly do nothing for the actual cause of hair loss. It's f*****g 2020 and we don't even actually know why it's happening, we blame it all on genetics even if it's clearly very contested lately, and with facts not just sayings and assumptions like the old theories are based on, blaming only DHT, test lately. It's clear that this is the case, but why does it happen, how and what is the root cause? f*** blaming genetics because that's only saying "WE DON'T f*****g KNOW". I have a friend who spent a lot of money doing a DNA test to check for genes related to hair loss. They said he should have been bald by now, and he has a full head of hair. But the test showed all the genes related to hair loss. It clearly is something genetic, maybe a susceptibility or something, but who the f*** knows, let's just take some pills until we find out.

In 2020, we take pills that shrink our prostate and kill an enzyme that we don't fully understand or it's functions in the body just because one of the side effects of this pill is to grow some hair, it's unbelievable that 99% of it's users have no idea how it was discovered and that it was by mistake, hair growing is just a side effects just like minoxidil works also. They ignore transgenders who grow hair with estrogen and don't learn sh*t from their experiences, i really don't understand, am i really willing to ingest something that we don't fully understand and that could f*** my life even more than hair loss will ever do? f*** hair if that is the case what can i say and all of you hope that you won't regret taking this shits later in life. I really wish you to not, but i don't think my wishes really matter.

Last edited:

Niki99

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah that one many thanks. And yes, you are right, we would all want that f*****g pill but it does not exist unfortunately and because of that people are so dumb that they will take anything and do anything, at least a part of them, and it's sad in a way because they keep pumping and buying this shits that destroy lives and mostly do nothing for the actual cause of hair loss. It's f*****g 2020 and we don't even actually know why it's happening, we blame it all on genetics even if it's clearly very contested lately, and with facts not just sayings and assumptions like the old theories are based on, blaming only DHT, test lately. It's clear that this is the case, but why does it happen, how and what is the root cause? f*** blaming genetics because that's only saying "WE DON'T f*****g KNOW". I have a friend who spent a lot of money doing a DNA test to check for genes related to hair loss. They said he should have been bald by now, and he has a full head of hair. But the test showed all the genes related to hair loss. It clearly is something genetic, maybe a susceptibility or something, but who the f*** knows, let's just take some pills until we find out.

In 2020, we take pills that shrink our prostate and kill an enzyme that we don't fully understand or it's functions in the body just because one of the side effects of this pill is to grow some hair, it's unbelievable that 99% of it's users have no idea how it was discovered and that it was by mistake, hair growing is just a side effects just like minoxidil works also. They ignore transgenders who grow hair with estrogen and don't learn sh*t from their experiences, i really don't understand, am i really willing to ingest something that we don't fully understand and that could f*** my life even more than hair loss will ever do? f*** hair if that is the case what can i say and all of you hope that you won't regret taking this shits later in life. I really wish you to not, but i don't think my wishes really matter.
So your basically saying balding men are fucked. Nice. I've never read a so deflating comment and never felt so deflated. Feeling kind of hopeless right now. Never felt that before because I'm used to be in control. It's a fucked up feeling.

TomRiddle

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
So your basically saying balding men are fucked. Nice. I've never read a so deflating comment and never felt so deflated. Feeling kind of hopeless now. Never felt that before because I'm used to be in control. It's a fucked up feeling.

Well dude, it's not like i'm "GOD" and gave you this burden or it's not like i'm not balding either and want to make you suffer by telling you the truth. I always preferred the harsh and painful truth than the most sophisticated and less painful lie. Maybe it's just me but i'm sure it's not the case. I'm not saying your gonna die now if you take finasteride, even if it's a possibility for some from what the latest neurosteroid inhibition research says, but you need to know the real truth and the whole truth before making such a decision. It sucks and i understand you and what you need to understand is the fact that i am in the same f*****g position and i would gladly take 200 propecia per day if i knew or have at least more info about it, more long term and well conducted studies, real f*****g ones, about the functions of DHT in the adult body, of those enzymes that dutasteride and finasteride inhibits and so on. Some people just take it and i understand it because it's the only f*****g thing available and people trust all doctors, mostly treat them like gods and think that their word and studies are the word of a god, especially if it "fixes" their problem, regardless of whatever new problems it can cause or it will cause.

And yes, that's where all the frustration and depression appears in all of us, it's the f*****g feeling of losing control, we can't f*****g control it and it's one of the worst feelings we could ever experience as humans in my opinion, but that's why we f*****g evolved so much, so we can understand that, learn from it and get stronger, move along, document ourselves, study, take control of our lives and of the things we can control and maybe with time science will evolve that much and we will one day understand what is causing this and how to properly treat it or maybe delay it, without killing people or misinform them and f*****g their sexual, mental and physical health, making them grow boobs and accept limp dicks, cialis and v**** at 20 and so on...

Niki99

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I will quickly recover like I always do but it just hit like a bomb. I do think your outlook is a bit grim but I will have to do more research. The truth is likely in the middle. Between finasteride advocates and people who act it's the devil personified.

TomRiddle

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I will quickly recover like I always do but it just hit like a bomb. I do think your outlook is a bit grim but I will have to do more research. The truth is likely in the middle. Between finasteride advocates and people who act it's the devil personified.

All drugs (medicine) made in labs are "the devil" in my opinion. But some of them are the only option and mandatory for some because they would die without them. Like insulin for example, but our bodies are complex and always develop resistance and tolerance and they are not made to ingest chemicals, just like they are not made to ingest pollution and any type of smoke, constantly like polluted air and ciggs smoke. We need vaccines, we need a lot of treatments and science, pharma and medicine has it's use, but not like this and how it evolved this days, with everybody popping pills like sugar for every f*****g single thing without thinking about the consequences or without having any actual knowledge about how the human body works and it's interactions with medicine and other things in general...

Balding is not a life threatening condition and never will be, with all the downsides it comes, the vast majority just accepts it and moves on, regardless of what impact it has on their lives. There is a small minority indeed that is more affected with some of them that take extreme measures without thinking about how it could impact their lives in the future. The most people in this world who are taking Finasteride are not hair loss sufferers, the most of them are the ones diagnosed with Benign prostatic hyperplasia, a condition that men usually develop after the age of 50 with over 50% of the total population of men having some signs of it after the age of 60. After 60 years old, the body is anyways in it's latest stages and people that age already have sexual problems, mental problems, everything declines and it's in continuous decline, for them the risks are worth the benefits because it can be a very disturbing condition, grandpa does not care if he can't get it up from finasteride because he could not get it up anyways before finasteride, and this is valid for most of the sides he could get, including a more aggressive type of prostate cancer that 5AR could give. Even them don't know exactly what could happen to them by taking this drugs but they are f*****g 60-70 and 80 year olds, it's not like they have their whole life in front of them, they just don't want to pee 200000 times a day with pain in the prostate and bladder...

Ollie

My Regimen
Reaction score
All drugs (medicine) made in labs are "the devil" in my opinion. But some of them are the only option and mandatory for some because they would die without them. Like insulin for example, but our bodies are complex and always develop resistance and tolerance and they are not made to ingest chemicals, just like they are not made to ingest pollution and any type of smoke, constantly like polluted air and ciggs smoke. We need vaccines, we need a lot of treatments and science, pharma and medicine has it's use, but not like this and how it evolved this days, with everybody popping pills like sugar for every f*****g single thing without thinking about the consequences or without having any actual knowledge about how the human body works and it's interactions with medicine and other things in general...

Balding is not a life threatening condition and never will be, with all the downsides it comes, the vast majority just accepts it and moves on, regardless of what impact it has on their lives. There is a small minority indeed that is more affected with some of them that take extreme measures without thinking about how it could impact their lives in the future. The most people in this world who are taking Finasteride are not hair loss sufferers, the most of them are the ones diagnosed with Benign prostatic hyperplasia, a condition that men usually develop after the age of 50 with over 50% of the total population of men having some signs of it after the age of 60. After 60 years old, the body is anyways in it's latest stages and people that age already have sexual problems, mental problems, everything declines and it's in continuous decline, for them the risks are worth the benefits because it can be a very disturbing condition, grandpa does not care if he can't get it up from finasteride because he could not get it up anyways before finasteride, and this is valid for most of the sides he could get, including a more aggressive type of prostate cancer that 5AR could give. Even them don't know exactly what could happen to them by taking this drugs but they are f*****g 60-70 and 80 year olds, it's not like they have their whole life in front of them, they just don't want to pee 200000 times a day with pain in the prostate and bladder...

You can speculate all you want but there is long term trial data on 5ari’s - both safety and efficacy . Yes of course there will always be an unlucky few that get hit but that is the same with ANY drug. Even ecstasy (MDMA) is regarded as safe from a pharmacological perspective yet some have horrible reactions and die.

TomRiddle

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
You can speculate all you want but there is long term trial data on 5ari’s - both safety and efficacy . Yes of course there will always be an unlucky few that get hit but that is the same with ANY drug. Even ecstasy (MDMA) is regarded as safe from a pharmacological perspective yet some have horrible reactions and die.

Speculate? Wtf are you talking about, i just posted link to studies published in the korean journal of urology, they analyzed all the studies done until 2014, wtf are you talking about. Are you one of those who chose to see only what they want and suits their desperation or wishes and ignore all the other things that could perturb that "faith"? And wtf is with this stupid analogies like MDMA, take it everyday let's see what happens to you in a couple of years, wtf are you all 12 year olds that are stuck in their own mentality just because you are losing your hair and are desperate enough in believing anything that could save your hair?