Hey There, It’s The End Of June, 2018, Do You Know Where Your New Hair Loss Treatments Are?

Feelsbadman.jpg

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Polichem's previous results already show reduction in scalp DHT while also slightly reducing serum DHT. I don't see how anyone can be negative on a targeted topical anti-androgen to use in conjunction with a systemic approach to further shield your follicles from DHT. There have been plenty of users on various forums over the years who have done exactly that but with CB or RU or topical finasteride or duasteride with success.

Let's suppose sevi/fevi can offer the same systemic results as finasteride without messing with your other hormones internally AND you use Polichem's topical finasteride to target the scalp. That would be a pretty good regimen. But it seems like a lot of the guys here just want a magic genie to rub their head and have all their problems go away or they'll kill themselves and they get disappointed that none of future products are that.

I looked into topical finasteride briefly but, for me personally, it seems inferior. Same result but more of pain to comply with. Taking a pill is easy. Besides, over the long term, the systemic absorption would build up with a topical. Over the span of years, there probably would be no difference except one is easier to comply with.

Topical CB looks good if what they claim is true, no systemic absorption but I am skeptical. It's suppose to breakdown into an inert compound upon absorption. Anyway I personally do not want to be dependent on a topical for the rest of my life which is why I don't consider them to be "cures". Cell therapy is much more attractive. Don't get me wrong though, if a topical cure that had no side effects did come out, I would def eat my words and use it if other treatments failed.

Feelsbadman.jpg

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I was him for 13 years. I thought the sides were all hype. Then I got hammered. Be cautious.

You took finasteride for 13 years with no sides then suddenly got sides 13 years in? Or did you quit after 13 years? 13 years is a long time. Are you sure it is not the stresses of getting older that dropped your T? There have been plenty of ppl that have used for 20 years and beyond and still not gotten sides.

Feelsbadman.jpg

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Latest Propecia's circular from Merck, 09/2013

https://www.merck.com/product/usa/pi_circulars/p/propecia/propecia_ppi.pdf

depression;
decrease in sex drive that continued after stopping the medication;
problems with ejaculation that continued after stopping medication;
difficulty in achieving an erection that continued after stopping the medication;
male infertility and/or poor quality of semen.

Weird how no studies (at least that I am aware of) were able to produce these results, even independent ones not conducted by Merk. All of this came from anecdotal reports and the lawyers went to town with it to get $$. I'm not saying this doesn't happen to some people but I do believe a lot of it is psychosomatic. The brain is incredibly powerful and the placebo effect is real.

BalderBaldyBald

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Weird how no studies (at least that I am aware of) were able to produce these results, even independent ones not conducted by Merk. All of this came from anecdotal reports and the lawyers went to town with it to get $$. I'm not saying this doesn't happen to some people but I do believe a lot of it is psychosomatic. The brain is incredibly powerful and the placebo effect is real.

Persistent ED is surely not psychosomatic, you can find many studies on this subject, including effects of long term androgens deprivations on penile, prostate and pudendal nerve tissues, depression can be quantified by neurosteroids levels, you can also find some studies done on 5ar reductase effect on brain chemistry

Feelsbadman.jpg

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Persistent ED is surely not psychosomatic, you can find many studies on this subject, including effects of long term androgens deprivations on penile, prostate and pudendal nerve tissues, depression can be quantified by neurosteroids levels, you can also find some studies done on 5ar reductase effect on brain chemistry

But have any been done with finasteride alone specifically? When you say androgen deprivation, that is very vague. Testosterone is an androgen and is actually increased by finasteride. Also, the brain has 5ar type 1 which is inhibited very poorly by finasteride so it would not lower neurosteriods produced by 5ar in the brain. Dutasteride would though.

HairSuit

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You took finasteride for 13 years with no sides then suddenly got sides 13 years in? Or did you quit after 13 years? 13 years is a long time. Are you sure it is not the stresses of getting older that dropped your T? There have been plenty of ppl that have used for 20 years and beyond and still not gotten sides.
And there are plenty of people who took it for two months and stopped cold turkey and got PFS as well. No. It was not age. I started when I was 22, when it happened, my libido was stronger than it was when I was 18. It hits whomever it hits. Chances are you will not he one of them, but then again, you might. And it ain’t fun.

HairSuit

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
But have any been done with finasteride alone specifically? When you say androgen deprivation, that is very vague. Testosterone is an androgen and is actually increased by finasteride. Also, the brain has 5ar type 1 which is inhibited very poorly by finasteride so it would not lower neurosteriods produced by 5ar in the brain. Dutasteride would though.
It absolutely messes with neurosteroids. Specifically allopregnenalone. If you’d like, it would show up in a spinal fluid test. Or you can just realize that the debilitating brain fog etc is a very real thing. I got it the first time 7 years into taking finasteride, but no sexual sides. Then it eventually went away about a year later. I quit finasteride by slowly weening down and switched to topical and used it without issue for 6 years. Decided to jump back on oral this fall. Took it for three weeks, had mild sides, so just decided to stop cold turkey...... within a week, I had zero, zero sex drive as well as all the other things that come with it. Had I not gone through it, i wouldn’t have believed it.

ffar1989

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I was thinking a lot about Finasteride for quite few weeks, and whole PFS group of people. For some reason I can't get out of my head an idea, that whole PFS may just be post dramatic stress disorder.

You can trust me on that... my head(mental) was fucked up a lot. I have learned a lot about mental health. I have a lot of experience with a lot of drugs for depression, anxiety etc. And i took some type for some time, and every time i recovered from side effects when i quit.

I did recover from sides from finasteride(except gyno... :/). But i remember my whole process when i was on it. I was very scared and i was forcing myself to beat up 3 times per day and watch a lot of p**rn just to make sure that I am fine with my dick. Every single second i was focus on fact if i am or i am not horny... f*** that was a mess, i do not blame finasteride for that but I just wonder what would happen if we would be able to erase memory from men who have normal blood test results and still claim to have ED or loss of libido after quit drug.

My first contact with efexor was when i was 19(or 18 - can't remember). After first pill... f*****g hell, my body was in shock. Shaking hands, unpleasant smell, teeth shaking, i was cold, dick was hard but totally zero sensitivity(i come back on drug when i was 27... after very next day I took first pill I had one night stand and lady literally rape me with her mouth - Bonnie Rotten could learn from her - and yet i still could not come). My point is that i was shocked, my body was shocked and perhaps people who claim that they are PFS sufferers, because they experience some change, someone shock of body like i did when i was on efexor, are well known in psychological community PTSD sufferers. They can't get out of their head this experience, they thinking about it all the time(OCD) and since brain not truly recognise what is real what is imagination, they are just stuck in same point when they were dealing with drug

I know how PTSD works, and a lot of stories from users of finasteride with persistent sides sounds hell like PTSD sufferers.

ffar1989

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

HairSuit

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@HairSuit how are you now?
Brain fog is gone. Finally. Nine months post initial PFS, zero libido. It wasn’t ptsd in my case. Literally went from totally fine to rock bottom in a week. Wasn’t looking for sides to occur. Nothing. Didn’t even realize it had happened till my wife noticed the difference initially while we were having sex, and it only dropped off from there. Talk about testing a marriage. Thank God I married a saint.

ffar1989

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
f***... I truly hope that Seti/Fevi will be release and become proper alternative.

DanielDüsentrieb

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
if somebody told me to take finasteride when I was a NW1 or I'd be a NW4 in just a few years, I'd be a lot less depressed than I am now because I'd have hair, and girls would have continued liking me instead of just ignoring me as they do now.

the depression of being bald trumps any depression finasteride may or may not give (it doesn't give any depression it is all placebo)

I do not really belive in the following equation:

Hair=girls
no hair = no girls

A balding man is much more manly. Don't get me wrong if i had the choice i would rather not balding. But if you keep your spirit you will have girls ;)

Pepe with hair

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
They have not even started marketing so its very unlikely this year ,2018 is going so fast i cant believe it.

Well, it's a procedure not a product. I think an agressive marketing campaign is not smart in that case. They know they'll probably be over booked as soon as it comes out.
But yeah let's wait for the report which is supposed to come out by the next few months.
From Replicel's Twitter, 25 June :
We have completed ph 1 in Europe. In Japan, a study is expected to deliver data yet this year which may or may not lead to commercial launch in Japan. Elsewhere we have at least ph 2 and 3 trials to conduct before launch.

MateV

My Regimen
Reaction score
I really dont want to take any sides but my doctor prescribes fina/duta for more than 200 patients (including me) and told me he had only 1 negative feedback, the other 199 live their lives and doing well. And its just 1 doctor.

I've been on duta for 2 years, visit a lab every 3 months and my dht level decreased by 80% but all of the other hormons have normal value. I just want to say that most probably millions of men are using fina/duta and still dont get any sides, therefore never visit a forum like this. I am writing this only to represent that fina/duta doesn't mean instant death or erection problem but you have to check your hormones regularly and if you feel any difference then drop the product and talk to your doctor.