Hey There, It’s The End Of June, 2018, Do You Know Where Your New Hair Loss Treatments Are?

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I just want to say that most probably millions of men are using fina/duta and still dont get any sides

The overwhelming majority of men taking finasteride and such do so for prostate issues, not hairloss.

Curiously, these men don't seem to be in an uproar about side effects. Also interesting, there is not really an internet community dedicated to BPH with an anti-finasteride committee forecasting the apocalypse like there is with hairloss.

It's almost like the people who have heard all the paranoia are the ones who get the side effects most often....

BalderBaldyBald

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The overwhelming majority of men taking finasteride and such do so for prostate issues, not hairloss.

Curiously, these men don't seem to be in an uproar about side effects. Also interesting, there is not really an internet community dedicated to BPH with an anti-finasteride committee forecasting the apocalypse like there is with hairloss.

It's almost like the people who have heard all the paranoia are the ones who get the side effects most often....

It's almost like BPH occurs in majority after 50, and erectile dysfonction can cause it in the first place, you start to see the pattern here ? Of course a prostate medication can cause some sexual issues, it's even written on it

Last edited:

washed_up

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Millions of men wake up every day and take finasteride/dutasteride every day and nothing happens to them. In fact, finasteride is being commercialized to a whole new audience with this new For Hims company that's selling it as some kind of monthly subscription package. Yet the number of people complaining of sides stays the same or has quieted. Think about it.

washed_up

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
the castration drug is being shilled hard here! loved it!

"Facts don't care about your feelings."

If/when the day comes that I get sides from finasteride, I won't be happy about it but I knew the odds going in and if I turn out to be one of the unlucky few, so be it. Not going to sit here and whine about like a little b**ch.

Last edited:

Btg

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
the castration drug is being shilled hard here! loved it!
If finasteride caused castration the global population would ve taken a huge hit the past 30 years , finasteride is not the safest drug around , but if you re scare mongering like that just go to the nofap section

washed_up

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If it's good enough for the President, why do random clowns think they know better? It's probably the only reason why his diffuse thinning has stayed the same over the years. He'd be a full NW5-6 like his father Fred had he not been on it.

AnArcticTaco

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Guess it's true what they say, no one is fully 100% rational. There are bad arguments for finasteride and there are good ones. There are far more good ones than bad ones, but you used one of the dumbest ones.

Maybe.. now hear me out mr. "I write articles on this website that are regurgitated rewordings of other websites so obviously I'm one of the most knowledgeable users here"... maybe men who take proscar in their 60s and 70s are waaaaay past their sexual prime and already have diminished sexual functioning. Here's an analogy: Think of it like voltage/electric potential difference. There's still a potential difference in a 1V battery resulting in a current/electron flow but it's no where near as noticeable as a 120V battery. Or like if I said to you

"man it's so crazy how these guys complain about death when they fall off a 20 story building but every time I fall from a 1 foot ledge, I hardly have a scratch. It's almost like the people who have heard all the paranoia about gravity are the ones who die! Oh btw i write articles on this website and only check this account now consistently because soooooooo many people depend on me to be here... my hair loss forum needs me :/ great power great responsibility."

If you're gonna argue for the drug, there's plenty of good arguments you could use: medical consensus, scientific studies etc... Don't use one of the dumb ones especially when you try to present yourself as some hero this forum depends on lol

BalderBaldyBald

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Millions of men wake up every day and take finasteride/dutasteride every day

You talk about facts, alright, so show me this number pls.

In a country like France, there's only 30'000 people on Finasteride (yes this drug is on watchlist in many countries), a 70 millions people country, 35 millions of men, so let's say 50% will have hairloss, 12.5 millions of potential baldlites....30'000...including BPH patients...you guys are dreaming about those millions.

This won't be the first time Merck lies about their drugs.
Anyway, any potential sides are now clearly stated on drug notice, depression, persistent ED and the others, but i guess this is still only for mentals and lunatics to experience those.

Last edited:

LeeBuckler

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have one question to all of you. This is why I registered in this Forum:
If finasteride is that successfull like you are telling, why are guys like Justin Bieber balding???? He made jokes about Prince William that he becomes bald but "nobody has to be bald cause you can take finasteride" Justin Bieber said. So Bieber took/takes finasteride and he is still balding and it becomes worse every day :(...
Why is Ed Sheeran balding if finasteride is so good?
Why is Mario Götze balding if finasteride is so good?

DO you think that this celebritys are the 2% who have to deal with the side effects ?!? I can't imagine

This is the reason why I am not taking finasteride :((

BalderBaldyBald

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have one question to all of you. This is why I registered in this Forum:
If finasteride is that successfull like you are telling, why are guys like Justin Bieber balding???? He made jokes about Prince William that he becomes bald but "nobody has to be bald cause you can take finasteride" Justin Bieber said. So Bieber took/takes finasteride and he is still balding and it becomes worse every day :(...
Why is Ed Sheeran balding if finasteride is so good?
Why is Mario Götze balding if finasteride is so good?

DO you think that this celebritys are the 2% who have to deal with the side effects ?!? I can't imagine

This is the reason why I am not taking finasteride :((

Antiandrogens efficiency are limited, if a cure or a 100% effective treatment was already out, trust me i won't be there

LeeBuckler

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
ah ok i thought all of you are here because
1. you got side effects of finasterid
or
2. you are afraid of taking finasterid
?

BalderBaldyBald

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
ah ok i thought all of you are here because
1. you got side effects of finasterid
or
2. you are afraid of taking finasterid
?

Nope, 13 years of finasteride for me, still counting, despite hating this drug, experiencing sides, and dreaming every day to get rid of this sh*t and stop messing with my hormones...but that's the only real proven somehow efficient life-commitment treatment...what a f*****g joke of a choice

IHadSexWithAHairPiece

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Nope, 13 years of finasteride for me, still counting, despite hating this drug, experiencing sides, and dreaming every day to get rid of this sh*t and stop messing with my hormones...but that's the only real proven somehow efficient life-commitment treatment...what a f*****g joke of a choice

You’re a cuck with an atrophied penis. Sup.

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
It's almost like BPH occurs in majority after 50, and erectile dysfonction can cause it in the first place, you start to see the pattern here ? Of course a prostate medication can cause some sexual issues, it's even written on it

Guess it's true what they say, no one is fully 100% rational. There are bad arguments for finasteride and there are good ones. There are far more good ones than bad ones, but you used one of the dumbest ones.

Maybe.. now hear me out mr. "I write articles on this website that are regurgitated rewordings of other websites so obviously I'm one of the most knowledgeable users here"... maybe men who take proscar in their 60s and 70s are waaaaay past their sexual prime and already have diminished sexual functioning. Here's an analogy: Think of it like voltage/electric potential difference. There's still a potential difference in a 1V battery resulting in a current/electron flow but it's no where near as noticeable as a 120V battery. Or like if I said to you

"man it's so crazy how these guys complain about death when they fall off a 20 story building but every time I fall from a 1 foot ledge, I hardly have a scratch. It's almost like the people who have heard all the paranoia about gravity are the ones who die! Oh btw i write articles on this website and only check this account now consistently because soooooooo many people depend on me to be here... my hair loss forum needs me :/ great power great responsibility."

If you're gonna argue for the drug, there's plenty of good arguments you could use: medical consensus, scientific studies etc... Don't use one of the dumb ones especially when you try to present yourself as some hero this forum depends on lol

I swear the amount of dumb fucks on this site grows by the day.

10% of men in their thirties, 20% in their forties, and rising as much as 60% by their sixties will have an enlarged prostate. This leaves a large enough percentile below the age of fifty suffering from, and no doubt treating the condition.

The assumption you all are under here is that it's just nearly-f*****g-dead guys who must have ED just by default taking proscar for BPH and guess what? Approx. 1 in every 4 new ED patients are under 40. At 40, the condition affects roughly 52 percent of males, and doesn't hit 70% until about 70.

Oh, and less than half of the men with BPH under the age of 50 also suffer from BPH-induced ED.

What does all this mean? There is a large enough amount of men who are not old, have BPH but no erectile dysfunction and take the meds. What there is not, is a legion of these men screaming, and almost exclusively on the internet, about growing tits, brain fog, or a non-functioning dick.

Not to mention, the majority of the "finasteride gave me sides!" brigade have either no medical examinations backing this up and are purely self-diagnosed, do undergo examination and are found to be all-systems-go, can't keep their story straight, or are so insane that's not even believable — that one guy on here complaining that he had ED just 8 minutes after taking his first pill.

Yeah, these drugs can have some bad side effects. But sooner or later, you guys are gonna have to grow some adult balls and accept that even if it really didn't work out for you or you're afraid of it, MOST men eat those little fuckers like candy with no adverse effects — that is the "medical consensus".

IHadSexWithAHairPiece

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Progesterone gyno is caused by finasteride as well as by nandrolones. It may stay as fatty tissue but that is only because it hasn’t hardened yet. If you get it, have surgery via transnipple method. Taking AI inhibitors and suiciders or Vitamin B6 overdose won’t get rid of it permanently. FYI, for the retard posting before me, the amount of T and DHT receptors play a critical role in sides. Cba posting more, it falls in deaf ears anyways.

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
the amount of T and DHT receptors play a critical role in sides.

Cite it, with a human study. Preferably multiple.

I'm not denying that it might, but most studies on this subject have again found that most men don't suffer the sides. Also, consider that a whole lot of the anti-finasteride crusaders who've been examined comeback with perfectly normal T levels; unaffected by the sides. Explain.

IHadSexWithAHairPiece

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Cite it, with a human study. Preferably multiple.

I'm not denying that it might, but most studies on this subject have again found that most men don't suffer the sides. Also, consider that a whole lot of the anti-finasteride crusaders who've been examined comeback with perfectly normal T levels; unaffected by the sides. Explain.

I am against spoon feeding. I believe if someone wants to learn, he should do so by himself. I will give you a hint to start: nandrolones.

This should lead you to information that will slowly allow you to understand the hormonal profile and how estrogen, prolactin and progesterone are related. Then you will try to find out exactly what finasteride is made of. Then of course you need to know what finasteride does exactly, which you won’t find in those ridiculous ncbi articles. At some point, it will all click inside your mind. Granted, you won’t have created a universal rule of finasteride behavior that will allow you to prevent sides with a push of a button in every male. But you will know what’s going on. If you feel reluctant to do so, you can keep citing those articles. However, it’s better for you to learn how something really works than learn how to “win” arguments (which you don’t really win anyways). Because that’s what those useless ncbi articles are for. For parroting and preaching.

ffar1989

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@That Guy, you are so f*****g annoying.

Read how Merck fucked up with VIOXX and then tell me that it is honest company. Someone has to really die, from finasteride until your naive head will accept that something is not right here?

Last edited:

Bigbone

Established Member
Reaction score
You talk about facts, alright, so show me this number pls.

In a country like France, there's only 30'000 people on Finasteride (yes this drug is on watchlist in many countries), a 70 millions people country, 35 millions of men, so let's say 50% will have hairloss, 12.5 millions of potential baldlites....30'000...including BPH patients...you guys are dreaming about those millions.

This won't be the first time Merck lies about their drugs.
Anyway, any potential sides are now clearly stated on drug notice, depression, persistent ED and the others, but i guess this is still only for mentals and lunatics to experience those.
I didn't know it was possible to see the amount of users in your country. I just looked at the numbers in Sweden and I'm surprised at how low the numbers were for younger guys.

Age 15-39 there are around 2000 patients in the whole country. I believed numbers were low, but this low?! I'm one of them, makes me feel like an outcast. These sites always make it sound like every other man is on finasteride.

However, if you bump up the age to 15-85+ the number of patients are 90 000.