Hey There, It’s The End Of June, 2018, Do You Know Where Your New Hair Loss Treatments Are?

hanginginthewire

Reaction score
They seem to be missing. o_O

Hype men taking a summer vacation too.

So much time wasted on this sub forum, learning these ridiculous names - as familiar to me now as family members: Tsuji, Histogen, Follica, Replicel ...

And such a colossal waste of energy and thought. Each one more of a joke than the next.

Tumbleweeds blowing through the forum as the scams and hypes disappear like the mirages they always were.

Soon time to ramp up the hype for 2019. Like hairs through the hour glass, these are the days of our lives. Time - a waste of life.

AnArcticTaco

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
There’s always that one guy who acts as pessimistic as possible so that when things don’t turn out the way he’d want them to he can at least stroke his ego to the thought of “well I was right all along hurr durr the rest of you guys are idiots”

Hey a**h**, shut the f*** up. Literally nothing you say is something that we haven’t thought. Yeah solid chance literally everything in the pipeline goes to sh*t but we all have a condition we’d rather not have so it’s nice to look forward to things that could help us. Yeah It’s good to be realistic so let’s debate with facts about why treatment X won’t properly address the mechanism of hair loss or why treatment Y won’t be able to come out anytime soon because of some regulatory hurdles. But get the hell out of here with all this excessive pessimism that adds nothing of value here. If you wanna just cry about balding and be all woe is me, go visit an incel forum.

d3nt3dsh0v3l

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
They seem to be missing. o_O

Hype men taking a summer vacation too.

So much time wasted on this sub forum, learning these ridiculous names - as familiar to me now as family members: Tsuji, Histogen, Follica, Replicel ...

And such a colossal waste of energy and thought. Each one more of a joke than the next.

Tumbleweeds blowing through the forum as the scams and hypes disappear like the mirages they always were.

Soon time to ramp up the hype for 2019. Like hairs through the hour glass, these are the days of our lives. Time - a waste of life.

You're probably going to be bald.

Accept that now - there is no harm in it. That is, it is not a bad assumption to make. The cards are stacked high against us.

Treatments may come out, but that's up to them.

Nobody owes anyone else the cure.

Hype men don't create anything. They have no power over the future. None. Nothing. They're just loud. They're not responsible for anything at all.

The choice to spend time on this forum was always yours. It's still yours. Every moment you stay here is your own doing.

Staying here was a choice. Balding wasn't a choice. The cure isn't a choice because it doesn't exist, and your choices or the choices of anyone on this board have no influence whatsoever on whether or not there will be a cure.

Your depression may be understandable, but you're twisting the knife on yourself, friend.

There was never a secret cure treasured within the depths of this esoteric forum. Nobody here has anything, nobody owes anyone here any good news, and nobody here is dangling juicy information just out of reach.

We're all just a bunch of people complaining about losing hair. That's all there has been, since 2005. Don't get too excited by any hype, as though it in and of itself represents progress, and as though progress was "promised." We get what we get. That's the end of it, really.

Any additional feelings you may have of this company or that being obliged to do something or a cure being an obligation that scientists or other societal leaders have to undertake is simply either a misunderstanding of others' "hype" - that is confident "bets" that people seem to place, as if they were based on some merit, whereas the reality of the situation is that it is simply the blind leading the blind because they are all guessing the future with incomplete information. Or it is your own projection. Your anguish at the situation and acute awareness of how much "time" you have remaining just makes you extremely desperate for a cure. Nobody will simply appear to save you. Especially when you already know that nobody has an obligation to save you in particular. And so it makes no sense that their progress would conform to your timeline.

It's better to make peace at a realistic level that you are indeed a bald man. You are not a full headed man losing his hair. You are a bald man who had his hair temporarily, just as every other bald man once had his hair. If you can let go of the desperation to avoid the unthinkable, I think you will see that the situation that we are in is practically the same as when you joined the forum: some scientists and companies are working on it and we will have to see, but there are never any guarantees.

The only thing that really changed is that you have lost more hair, perhaps naively assumed that everything would be solved before it's over for you and grew to interpret this forum's insider knowledge as a set of practical predictions or expectations of the future.

If this were real life, I'd buy you a beer. It is some heavy sh*t for sure. But you're not going about it with a clear head, man, while you are so fearful of balding and so desperate to avoid it. You want to run, but there's nowhere to go. And so you post here, suggesting that there may be someone else or something else that you can comfortably blame for your predicament - a predicament that you never chose, that you despise, and one that has no personal connection to the people you are relying on to discover a solution or provide useful information.

Last edited:

wc5269

My Regimen
Reaction score
I recently started a new job at a pharmaceutical company. I'm working on a drug going into phase 3. I've now been at the company for 3 months and we're not even close to getting the trial running. We've spent most of the time negotiating with vendors that will recruit sites to join the study. It's going to take us ~6 months to negotiate with sites. Then another 6 months for them to recruit patients. Then years to execute the trial and analyze the data.

All these hair loss drugs you're waiting on are going through the same long and tedious process where nothing of note goes on for months, and you're coming to this forum daily when the reality is that you'll be lucky if we get any updates from these companies a couple times a year. You could come on here once a month for 20 minutes and you would be just as informed as you are now. You're definitely wasting your time and energy on here.

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey there, I think you dropped this

july-2010-toddler-recalls.jpg

Javell

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What the f*** was supposed to be out in June?
As far as I know absolutely nothing.Shiseido's results will most likely be published in September. Tsuji is at least a few years away. And we wiill not see Follica at least until 2019. Or were you talking about Bortzu?

It looks like you'e triggered because you can't wait for a year or two.

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
What the f*** was supposed to be out in June?
As far as I know absolutely nothing.Shiseido's results will most likely be published in September. Tsuji is at least a few years away. And we wiill not see Follica at least until 2019. Or were you talking about Bortzu?

It looks like you'e triggered because you can't wait for a year or two.

No, nothing was supposed to be out and he knows this full well, but chooses to thrown an all-out pity party anyway.

tenor.gif

Dead-*** serious here: Seek professional help, dude. You very obviously suffer from some sort of histrionic personality disorder as evidenced by your emotional over-reactions and need of constant attention (this thread) coupled with your victim complex.

Zero doubt that this behavior spills over into the real world and probably pisses the people in your life off to no end.

hanginginthewire

Reaction score
Yeah, next time I need attention I’ll make an eye-roll worthy “goodbye to the forum” thread touting my imaginary accomplishments then come back in a month like an a**h**. Oh, wait.

I thought I was safe on your ignore list, dumbass? Another broken promise it seems.

Knock it off with all your homophobic bullshit.

It’s true my depression is brutal and creating threads like this isn’t serving any real purpose. But, many of us are struggling and I guess it helps to vent. At times. We can’t all have delusions of grandeur and an utterly unrealistic overinflated ego.

It is a sad state of affairs indeed that any of us put any stock in what some randos on the internet have authoritatively claimed about upcoming treatments, even something as patently ridiculous as Brotzu. It’s natural to turn to your peers to evaluate so much possibly dubious information though. However that’s assuming that they are evaluating it alongside you in good faith. Minus the hype or whatever other ulterior motives they may have.

Hate da Bt

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah, next time I need attention I’ll make an eye-roll worthy “goodbye to the forum” thread touting my imaginary accomplishments then come back in a month like an a**h**. Oh, wait.i

I thought I was safe on your ignore list, dumbass? Another broken promise it seems.

Knock it off with all your homophobic bullshit.

It’s true my depression is brutal and creating threads like this isn’t serving any real purpose. But, many of us are struggling and I guess it helps to vent. At times. We can’t all have delusions of grandeur and an utterly unrealistic overinflated ego.

It is a sad state of affairs indeed that any of us put any stock in what some randos on the internet have authoritatively claimed about upcoming treatments, even something as patently ridiculous as Brotzu. It’s natural to turn to your peers to evaluate so much possibly dubious information though. However that’s assuming that they are evaluating it alongside you in good faith. Minus the hype or whatever other ulterior motives they may have.

Dude, noone sound has claimed that 2018 is destined to be the year of our salvation.
There has been no such evidence thus far (except for the Italian potion...lmao).

· Tsuji had set a timeline for a late 2020 release back in 2016, and what we anticipated in 2018 was a paper whereby it would be stated that all culturing issues had been solved. The paper hasn't yet been issued, but we were let know via an announcement that those issues have indeed been solved and they are proceeding with the preclinical trials, commencing in July 2018. According to you, is this news good or bad?
· Shiseido's RCH-01 phase II clinical trial will be coming to an end by this month, and data is expected to be released in the next three to six months. There have been no announcements either revealing pleasant results or negating our hopes on the treatment's effectiveness.
· Follica is to start a phase III trial this year, and no postponements have been announced thus far.
· Allergan's Setipiprant phase II trial is coming to an end this year, and data is expected early next year.
· Samumed is proceeding with a phase III clinical trial on their anti-hair loss drug.
· Follicum's FOL-005 phase II trial is also coming to an end this year, and data is expected early next year.
· Aclaris is currently testing tofacitinib in a phase II clinical trial.

That's all we have been let know thus far, in 2018.
Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
Your call...

Last edited:

lemoncloak

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
When you say "put it back in daddy" but he refuses so off you go to your favorite forum to rant.

Marcaronii

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
it could have been worse you know, like getting a brain tumor when you're 18 years old.
I understand, but balding is also a problem which causes a lot of pyschological distress that a lot of people underestimate.

What you're saying now seems to me like "well I've got HIV but at least it isn't cancer"