Here's my 40-50g/cm2 lookinggood has been asking to see.

LookingGood!

Experienced Member
Reaction score
collegechemistrystudent said:
My bosley scar was 1/4 wide. Then my first procedure with Dr Keene left almost no scar. Then my second procedure with her had a 1/4 inch scar.

I tried my best to keep my head back to keep tension off the scar, but it is possible I changed positions in my sleep and that could have put tension on it. Also, my second procedure was 7 months after my first procedure with her. It is possible my skin had more tention then. Whatever the reasons, I did not get full yield and I got a scar again. Annoying. I'm just going to make do and avoid surguries for now.

I'm thinking of dying the scar, but I need a dye that won't damage the skin. Any suggestions?

Maybe b/c by the third hair transplant you lacked the laxity in the scalp. Did you do the scalp exercises to increase laxity?

CCS

Reaction score
with my density, I could do FUE later, but I'm waiting on HM. Women may wonder about my scar, but I don't think it looks that bad. It is half covered at the length I keep my hair. Even with 100 grafts FUE would be expensive. I'd rather wait until after I graduate.

No, I did not do laxity exercises. I wish I would have waited longer before getting the surgery done. I could have worked out that whole summer, and then did the surgery when I had homework and would not have as much time for the gym, and I probably would have got better results later.

LookingGood!

Experienced Member
Reaction score
collegechemistrystudent said:
with my density, I could do FUE later, but I'm waiting on HM. Women may wonder about my scar, but I don't think it looks that bad. It is half covered at the length I keep my hair. Even with 100 grafts FUE would be expensive. I'd rather wait until after I graduate.

No, I did not do laxity exercises. I wish I would have waited longer before getting the surgery done. I could have worked out that whole summer, and then did the surgery when I had homework and would not have as much time for the gym, and I probably would have got better results later.

100 grafts at Cole.....600 bucks.

CCS

Reaction score
I'd need 200 for moderate density in there, like what I have in front. I'll save that for later.

G

You may have not had enough regained elasticity to have another strip taken at 7 months post-op. That's also a big part of why patients should wait at least one year because most will regain enough play in the scalp to prevent a scar from stretching. If there is not enough elasticity, the scar has no other option but to stretch. See what I mean?

LookingGood!

Experienced Member
Reaction score
gillenator said:
You may have not had enough regained elasticity to have another strip taken at 7 months post-op. That's also a big part of why patients should wait at least one year because most will regain enough play in the scalp to prevent a scar from stretching. If there is not enough elasticity, the scar has no other option but to stretch. See what I mean?

If that is true then it doesnt say much for Dr Keene as a doctor. If he did not have enough elasticity why would she have done it? Wait longer perhaps? At 7 months there isnt enough maturity of the existing hair transplant either. ALSO maybe CCS demanded that the hair transplant be done against her wishes also. No one really knows.

CCS

Reaction score
i requested it, and she asked me why I wanted it so soon, but she did not resist more than that, or give warnings. She told me after the first session that it is ok to have them 6 months apart.