Here's A Post For All You "no One Will Like Me, And It's Because I'm Bald" | Page 2 | HairLossTalk Forums

Here's A Post For All You "no One Will Like Me, And It's Because I'm Bald"

Discussion in 'The Impact of Hair Loss' started by tjnpdx, Dec 30, 2017.

1. Oknow

Oknow Experienced Member

Dislikes Received:
    It isn't all about women, my hair forms a HUGE part of my style and identity which makes me feel good. I have a lot of grey hair, minimal recession and do get told that I have a silver fox look going on.

2. bags

bags Established Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Ayye that's the bald Vegan Homie Johanas Bartl. Dude lives in LA and runs through poon like Marshawn Lynch runs through D-Lines.

3. sadila

sadila Established Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Didn't know he was vegan

4. tjnpdx

tjnpdx Banned

Dislikes Received:
    You can’t just not include a single thing that you have control (I.e have to take responsibility) over. I agree, to an extent, with what you said.

5. sadila

sadila Established Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    You don't need to have all of these, for instance i don't believe in FWHR here's an example of why
    upload_2018-1-1_11-21-30.png

6. Afro_Vacancy

Afro_Vacancy Senior Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    The things that you can control matter less.

ElTioLaBota likes this.
  7. Oknow

Oknow Experienced Member

Dislikes Received:
    To be fair, that guy doesn't look 'unsexy', just older and arguably a bit more masculine with slight hair loss. A lot of women will dig that 'mature' look.

In the before photo's he is your typical pretty boy type.

It's a different game he has to play, if he has the hair loss look with a good job etc he will get pussy.

8. occulus

occulus Experienced Member

Dislikes Received:
    I’m a millionaire many, many times over (don’t care if you believe me or not), and at least 50% of my success was luck. Telling people to just “work hard and make money” is inane - if it were that easy and largely a product of self-determination, everyone would be wealthy. Got any more sentitious twaddle to help us cope?

9. TONSofBODYHAIR

TONSofBODYHAIR Established Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    gib moni pls

10. Afro_Vacancy

Afro_Vacancy Senior Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    How has your money affected your interactions with women?

11. tjnpdx

tjnpdx Banned

Dislikes Received:
    I’m not telling people to just work hard and make money. Obviously if you have the personality of a cavern men’s room toilet, you’re ‘luck’ might be less. It’s mainly pointing out that there are things aside your hair, because some people on the forum think that’s all it is. And of course it’s not just how you present yourself to women, it goes around the board. Don’t worry, if you’re shit, money won’t save you. Then again, neither will hair.

12. d3nt3dsh0v3l

d3nt3dsh0v3l Experienced Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Pft you're obviously missing the larger point here.

I can't fix my shitty personality or my mediocre body. Do you realize how much work that is?

I just want to have sick hair and wear sexy clothes to trick people into liking me.

Just gotta look good enough to make up for being an asshole I think.

Good news is that hairloss is pretty easy. Just gotta wait 5 years until they figure it out.

ElTioLaBota and tjnpdx like this.
  13. tjnpdx

tjnpdx Banned

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks for mansplaining that to me. I think I get it now.

14. occulus

Dislikes Received:
    It hasn't; I live in an area full of wealthy people, so I'm not an aberration, and I don't chase cheap women. The women I've dated were accomplished in their own right, and while they might not have been with me if I hadn't been successful, it didn't get me in the door. I'm sure it would help out if I wanted to date a stripper, but I don't.

I want to reiterate that success is largely a result of luck - lucky genetics, lucky acquaintances, being in the right place at the right time, etc. So telling people to just "work hard" and "make money" is meaningless; it's like telling someone to just "win an Olympic gold medal" or "be a rock star."

15. tjnpdx

tjnpdx Banned

Dislikes Received:
    Obviously no one with half a brain thinks that so complex a thing as attraction is a univariate issue. It isn't so simple as 'make money, work hard'. It also isn't so simple as 'have a head full of hair'. You can say it's all luck, or largely so, and dump any responsibility that could possibly be laid on you at the door, but if anything that seems demonstrative of the attitude you take to it (which, surprising, also plays a part!). As was stated above, changing your personality can be just as hard as growing your hair back. And much, much fewer people would ever choose to take any significant amount of responsibility upon themselves for being a shitty person than would try to regrow their hair back or pin it all on things largely up to the stars to have decided.

I've reiterated that I was not stating that it's a simple issue, because few things truly are, but that there are things that are in your control. Perhaps not making money in terms of 'being rich' (good on you for rolling in it), but you can always try to better yourself beyond working at Mcdonalds, and being fat, sick, and self-satisfying every night after you drink a 6-pack and get on a hair loss forum.

The Curse of Dolkite likes this.
  16. occulus

Dislikes Received:
    Sounds like you were:

As for this straw man:

Who said all the posters on this board are doing is working at McDonald's while drinking 6-packs night after night? If that's what you think, why are you posting here? And why are you posting this in the New Research section?

17. tjnpdx

tjnpdx Banned

Dislikes Received:
    If that's all it takes for you, given everything else I've said, to read "Go make money and all your problems will be solved", then I'd suggest you stay off the internet because you're probably going to hurt yourself or someone else.

Also in that post. Silly cunt.

18. barfacan

barfacan Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    No one will like me not because of the baldness, but because of my palpable dislike of my own baldness.

tjnpdx likes this.
  19. tjnpdx

tjnpdx Banned

Dislikes Received:
    It was a study. You read things so literally it's like you've never had a conversation with someone before. Keep picking them out. I'd be weary to read a single thing on the internet if I were you, because most of what you read lacks any human expression, sarcasm, mockery, etc., and you typically have to contextually embed it yourself.

20. tjnpdx

tjnpdx Banned

Dislikes Received:
    I can get behind this haha