Hellouser's Complete Ru58841 Usage Guide

el_duterino

Reaction score
One reason why RU may be less effective is that it can degrade in Rogaine or other lotions over time

For me since I rely on RU for maintenance and do not use finasteride I always mix a fresh amount of powder right before applying it

I believe this has been key in providing consistant results over almost 10 years of not using finasteride or dutasteride anymore

I mix about 15 mg to 20mg of RU into half a bottle of neogenic, shake well and it's dissolved in 10 seconds and ready to apply
Make sure you apply bit by bit and massage it hard before it dries

Also you pretty much need short hair for this to work if not a topical will stick to hair and results are not going to be consistent over time
Another similar topical is CB some people mention less sides or better results so worth a try now until it get officialy released in a few years

And yes if I use too much I definitely get erection issues but those last only a day so I am usually not using RU on week ends and such just in case

Tazzo82

Reaction score
hellouser, could you please provide the exact amount all the ingredients for a 50ml lotion @ 5,8,10% RU? That would be great...

arnoldd

Experienced Member
Reaction score
How much time should i leave Ru in my head before washing ?

Also, Can i apply ru and after 1 hour another topical ( alpha estradiol ,’its an alcohol solution ) ? Is there any risk to wash the ru out ?

arnoldd

Experienced Member
Reaction score

Also, Can i apply ru and after 1 hour another topical ( alpha estradiol ,’its an alcohol solution ) ? Is there any risk to wash the ru out ?
Up

parrotfish

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

no risk to use another topical 30min later. i used many years minoxidil 20-30min after the ru application

persistentone

Established Member
Reaction score
What also would be useful would be a list of side effects reported by long term users

It's very surprising that there is not some website for citizen science that allows users of any nutraceutical or chemical to enroll and report long term protocol and results. The website could then do some aggregation of data and let people observe statistical trends over time.

persistentone

Established Member
Reaction score
There was a study done back in 1998 on macaques, i don't know if this is really reliable.

Conclusion states that no systemic effects were detected.

Evaluation of RU58841 as an anti-androgen in prostate PC3 cells and a topical anti-alopecia agent in the bald scalp of stumptailed macaques.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9798729

I read the full text of the macaques study from 1998, which summarizes the systemic effects as follows:
"On the other hand, examination for possible systemic effects of topical RU58841 in the treatment group showed no detectable abnormalities in body weight, hematology, and blood chemistry tests, serum levels of testosterone, dihydrotestosterone, and luteinizing hormone (data not shown)."

What is frustrating about the above is they did not apparently measure RU58841 in serum of the monkeys. Of course it is not going to affect hormones, because RU58841 binds to the receptor and blocks the action of hormones. It does not modify the hormones directly.

If you want to check for systemic absorption, shouldn't they be testing for RU58841 directly in serum? Did any study ever do that, applying RU58841 topically and then checking weeks or months later for serum levels?

StudyHacks

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So basically how do I apply it so the SCALP will absorb it? So far what I've been doing is this:

I measure the amount (0.1ml)

I put it in the dropper

I push the dropper into the scalp and then press the dropper so the liquid will be on my scalp

Then I massage it into the scalp with my fingers

Is that how you do it?

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
So basically how do I apply it so the SCALP will absorb it? So far what I've been doing is this:

I measure the amount (0.1ml)

I put it in the dropper

I push the dropper into the scalp and then press the dropper so the liquid will be on my scalp

Then I massage it into the scalp with my fingers

Is that how you do it?

Just cover the entire scalp and let it sit. No need to massage anything.

StudyHacks

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Just cover the entire scalp and let it sit. No need to massage anything.
How do I reach the scalp if there's extremely thick dense hair everywhere? I'm only bald on the temples.

Do I "push the dropper into the scalp and then press it releasing the liquid" if that makes sense?

StudyHacks

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi mate

Can you please help me use RU58841?

What I doN't get is, how do I put it on the scalp where there's still a lot of thick dense hair? I get how I can put it where there's thinning or completely bald patch like my left and right temple

but

how do I put it on the scalp where there's still a lot of thick dense hair and no thinning?

Since apparently it's both a regrowth AND maintenance drug

Please explain to me so I can understand, thanks very much. I just wanna preserve my hair

NotInmywatch

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi mate

Can you please help me use RU58841?

What I doN't get is, how do I put it on the scalp where there's still a lot of thick dense hair? I get how I can put it where there's thinning or completely bald patch like my left and right temple

but

how do I put it on the scalp where there's still a lot of thick dense hair and no thinning?

Since apparently it's both a regrowth AND maintenance drug

Please explain to me so I can understand, thanks very much. I just wanna preserve my hair
What el duterino was saying is correct:

-hair must be kept as short as possible in order to minimize wasting of the drug
-thinning areas should be long to give aesthetic coverage and no longer than that
-scalp porosity is important. What I do is to pre spray the whole head with stemox+sandalore 10mL in order to soak completely...let evaporate 3min and then apply the drug. This way I think I get good coverage low loss and good delivery.

StudyHacks

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What el duterino was saying is correct:

-hair must be kept as short as possible in order to minimize wasting of the drug
-thinning areas should be long to give aesthetic coverage and no longer than that
-scalp porosity is important. What I do is to pre spray the whole head with stemox+sandalore 10mL in order to soak completely...let evaporate 3min and then apply the drug. This way I think I get good coverage low loss and good delivery.
What I do is, I have very dense thick hair everywhere except for temples which are very receeded

I put the dropper with the RU in it and I "push it into the scalp through the hair" if this makes sense and start applying the substance by pressing the dropper, releasing the substance onto the scalp, and I go from back to front in a linear motion and 1ml is enough to cover the entire scalp

Is this method good?

parrotfish

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
clap the liquide on your scalp. activates as well your blood circulation

parrotfish

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
in my opinion no, make a line with a comb, put with a dropper the liquid on your scalp, clap well on your scalp and distribute the liquide locally. make with 20mm distance the next line. start fron the crown to the front

other option is to massage it in

WilliamHairlove

My Regimen
Reaction score
One reason why RU may be less effective is that it can degrade in Rogaine or other lotions over time

For me since I rely on RU for maintenance and do not use finasteride I always mix a fresh amount of powder right before applying it

I believe this has been key in providing consistant results over almost 10 years of not using finasteride or dutasteride anymore

I mix about 15 mg to 20mg of RU into half a bottle of neogenic, shake well and it's dissolved in 10 seconds and ready to apply
Make sure you apply bit by bit and massage it hard before it dries
Was your RU + Neogenic mix completely clear? When I mix in 30mg RU with 6ml Neogenic it gives me a cloudy solution so it is not dissolving completely...

el_duterino

Reaction score
i use nitrile gloves and massage it hard , apply bit by bit as it dries fast because i don't use PG. I use a glass dropper to get close to the scalp, I have longer hair now

Massage it will help absorption for sure

Also, I mix the powder with the vehicle just before applying it to limit potential degradation of the compound in the vehicle . I don't use RU now, I use CB but the same method applies as well. I use Ethanol only as vehicle, and minoxidil and stemox at different times in the day. Ethanolic topicals will make the scalp more porous over time so this helps with absorption and reduces how much drug you actually need.

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
Could RU mix into 60ml of Topical Finasteride .50 PGE. Just trying to ease effort. Would try this for CB as well if/when I can find some.