Hellouser's Complete Ru58841 Usage Guide

furrydome

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It's nearly impossible for me to acquire alcohol of that high % such as everclear. Is it possible to use unflavoured Vodka 40 or 60% instead?
Or would it be better to just get the KB solution?
Any other tips for what can be a good substitute of vehicle instead of alcohol? In the very few studies made on RU they used different vehicles.

Well, supposedly K&B solution was developed specifically for RU. Have you tried minoxidil liquid, which is mostly alcohol and PG?

stupidkoko

Reaction score
Well, supposedly K&B solution was developed specifically for RU. Have you tried minoxidil liquid, which is mostly alcohol and PG?

I haven't and rather not because I would like to try RU alone, aswell as minoxidil needs to be applied twice a day. I'm not currently using minoxidil so I want to know what's responsible for any of the results that I might get.
Would vodka 60 suffice?

Endmymisery

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Just a thought tho, if RU had really bad side effects related to the heart, wouldn't it be documented in medical literature? I have found nothing of that sort, only anecdotal experiences

givemeregrowth

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

*Kirkland minoxidil is made of something like 50% alcohol or less, and it's not enought for dissolving.

*Is denaturised alcohol bad for health, cuz it's a bit toxic?

d3nt3dsh0v3l

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
*Kirkland minoxidil is made of something like 50% alcohol or less, and it's not enought for dissolving.

*Is denaturised alcohol bad for health, cuz it's a bit toxic?
Denatured means it purposely contains additives that deter consumption. From poisons to bad tastes to colors, the additives serve to mark the bottle as explicitly not for drinking.

I just use everclear and don't bother with denatured alcohol other than for maybe cleaning purposes on rare occasion. I don't see the sense of using this even in a topical.

INT

Reaction score
Just a thought tho, if RU had really bad side effects related to the heart, wouldn't it be documented in medical literature? I have found nothing of that sort, only anecdotal experiences

An experimental drug not being documented in medical literature does not mean anything. It can still be very dangerous.

Aliens

Established Member
Reaction score
OK guys I have a question. I have a RU premix from anageninc at 5% of 50 ml.
I also have RU powder and I would like to add some of it to make the premix at 7%.

Could anyone confirm that:
- I want a target of 50 ml at 70mg for 1ml. So my target would need a total of 50*70 = 3.5g of RU;
- the premix is at 5%. So in the premix I already have 50*50 = 2.5g of RU;
- so in order to reach the target I would need to add (50*70) - (50*50) = 1 g of RU.

Could anyone confirm it is correct?

Thank you!

vegetassj

Established Member
Reaction score
Dont waste your time on RU. Only works in combination with minoxidil (surprise) or for people who dont even balding.

Theres not a single ru only regrowth photo, if so show it to me.

Aliens

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello guys!!!

I have bad effects for 3 effects now.

First my regimen:
- 1 mg finasteride every evening since end of 2015;
- minoxidil every evening since february 2017;
- RU 7% (in KB solution) since november 2017.

Ok so I was using finasteride and minoxidil since around end of 2015. While I had no regrow I guess it maintained.

In November last year I tried to add RU and I still use it now. Issue is my harline has been worse and worse particularly since last month.

So it could be either:
- the evolution of alopecia;
- maybe adding RU triggered that.

The thing is that I do the following thing every evening:
- shower;
- 30 min later I apply RU in the KB solution;
- 1 hour later I apply minoxidil.

So what I wonder: could it be possible that RU in KB solution somewhat prevent minoxidil to penetrate the skin?

Before concluding it is the sad evolution of alopecia I would like to know if maybe I should stop RU then, or apply it in the morning.

I am lost so thank you for any help.

furrydome

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I can offer some info but it's all theory and not real science.

- 1 mg finasteride every evening since end of 2015

I've read that it's better to take finasteride in the morning because that's when hormone levels are at their highest. Not sure how true that is.

- 30 min later I apply RU in the KB solution;
- 1 hour later I apply minoxidil.

So what I wonder: could it be possible that RU in KB solution somewhat prevent minoxidil to penetrate the skin?

I assume you are using minoxidil foam and not liquid? If so, you should probably use the foam first, and K&B second.

Why minoxidil foam before K&B?
Minoxidil foam dries to a thin powdery film pretty quickly. Lots of people here say it doesn't work as well as minoxidil liquid, probably because its vehicle doesn't allow it to penetrate as well. This matters because K&B might actually help: if you apply the foam first, let it dry, then apply K&B solution, you are re-dissolving that dried minoxidil and giving it more chance to penetrate.

It does make sense that you're not absorbing as much minoxidil by using it after K&B. From Kraemer and Bohn's original patent:

physiologically tolerated volatile solvent or solvent mixture, a plasticizer and one or more physiologically acceptable film-forming agents which, after drying of the composition, form flexible films which adhere to the scalp and are capable of releasing the active compounds employed in a controlled manner and over a certain period of time

You're applying minoxidil over "flexible films which adhere to the scalp" containing "a plasticizer". minoxidil first, then K&B afterward should work better.

Last edited:

Aliens

Established Member
Reaction score
I can offer some info but it's all theory and not real science. Responding because you PM'd and seem to need help.

I've read that it's better to take finasteride in the morning because that's when hormone levels are at their highest. Not sure how true that is.

I assume you are using minoxidil foam and not liquid? If so, you should probably use the foam first, and K&B second.

Why minoxidil foam before K&B?
Minoxidil foam dries to a thin powdery film pretty quickly. Lots of people here say it doesn't work as well as the liquid, probably because the way it dries makes its penetration less effective. If you apply the foam first, let it dry, then apply K&B solution, you are re-dissolving that dried minoxidil and giving it more chance to penetrate.

It does make sense that you're not absorbing as much minoxidil by using it after K&B. See Kraemer and Bohn's original patent:

You're applying minoxidil over "flexible films which adhere to the scalp" containing "a plasticizer". Try minoxidil first, then K&B.

Thank you for all the advices I will try to take finasteride in the morning.
Othewise I have long hair so I have still some foam on the scalp turning into liquid. If I apply the foam first, it does not totally dry, and then I apply KB with RU do you think it is an issue?

Finally I am considering more and more getting a low PG minoxidil version and dissoving RU in it. In my case wouldnt it be the best solution?

Thank you!!!

furrydome

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thank you for all the advices I will try to take finasteride in the morning.
Othewise I have long hair so I have still some foam on the scalp turning into liquid. If I apply the foam first, it does not totally dry, and then I apply KB with RU do you think it is an issue?

Finally I am considering more and more getting a low PG minoxidil version and dissoving RU in it. In my case wouldnt it be the best solution?

If you have long hair that's getting soaked with minoxidil, it might be smart to try and remove some of it from the hair with a paper towel or something. The more minoxidil that's in your hair when you lay down, the more gets on your pillow, the more gets on your face, and we know that's bad.

I can't really answer your first question, it's all just guesses anyway.

Another option would be to buy bulk minoxidil powder and mix it into K&B. Xi'an Lyphar seems to be a popular source for that kind of stuff.

Aliens

Established Member
Reaction score
If you have long hair that's getting soaked with minoxidil, it might be smart to try and remove some of it from the hair with a paper towel or something. The more minoxidil that's in your hair when you lay down, the more gets on your pillow, the more gets on your face, and we know that's bad.

I can't really answer your first question, it's all just guesses anyway.

Another option would be to buy bulk minoxidil powder and mix it into K&B. Xi'an Lyphar seems to be a popular source for that kind of stuff.

Indeed mixing minoxidil in KB might be a good solution. Have you heard of anyone doing it? Digged but didnt find anyone doing it.
SometimeI wonder if DHT is the buggest factor impacting my hairloss in my situation where I also take finasteride because:
- I used to take finasteride and minoxidil and without crazy results it maintained I guess;
- since I do finasteride + (RU then minoxidil) (in that order with KB potentially preventing minoxidil absorption) I lost hair.
I guess if I have to neglect the absorption of RU or minoxidil it has tobe RU then.
So I will just do:
- minoxidil I let the solution drying for 4 hours first in the evening;
- then before going to bed RU.

Or if I cannot do that RU in the morning.

Now people might call me crazy but at the very beginning I noticed that KB was different as a solution: for some reason it can almost be used as a hairstyler and it makes the hair loog good (I am not talking hereabout RU just the lotion itself). It indeed seems to sticks to the hair even after drying.

Longway886

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Anybody want to buy 20g of RU for cheap?

It’s from Kane and being stored in the freezer

celso217

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey guys I'm considering starting ru. Currently ttaking finasteride, nizoral and minoxidil. Just have a couple questions:

Has anyone had a drastic shed on ru? It seems that it just thickens up your existing hair. My hairline is receding, but I can still cover it up okay. I'm concerned ru might hack whatever i have left.

Also, for anyone who has quit ru or used it for a longer period of time, if you miss a couple doses do you have a massive shed? It seems like with topical androgens if you stop all of the sudden or miss some doses a dam bursts and you lose massive amounts of hair. I'm currently on minoxidil and have missed a couple applications here and there but that kind of dependency is scary. Please let me know I impulse bought a 50ml pre made solution I don't know if I'll end up using it.

Tazzo82

Reaction score
if i wanted to create a 50ml RU lotion @ 10% concentration I would need 1gram of RU? is that correct?