Hellouser at Hair Congress 2015 in Miami - General Discussion

cosmic

Banned
Reaction score
Nice post above me. I feel like all this futuristic stuff could take 5-10 years. The current options are good enough if you have hair and want to halt loss.

doke

Reaction score
A lot of cancers have been cured. Hep C has been cured. HIV is virtually cured. Having researchers curing diseases doesn't have to be at the expense of hair loss. It's not a competition. Biggest problem is humanity is wasting our resources and money in death/war/military. Curing disease should be our objective, including this hair loss.

Ride on bro you have hit the nail on the head.

Johannes

Banned
Reaction score
A lot of cancers have been cured. Hep C has been cured. HIV is virtually cured. Having researchers curing diseases doesn't have to be at the expense of hair loss. It's not a competition. Biggest problem is humanity is wasting our resources and money in death/war/military. Curing disease should be our objective, including this hair loss.

Are you saying hair loss is a disease, and have to be cured?

nameless

Banned
Reaction score
It sounds like most posters are absolutely, totally, 100% certain that SM4554 will be a flop????

I'm not so convinced of that. As a matter of fact, I keep seeing more and more signs that it will be better than mioxidil and propecia combined.

When I used to post at TBT I saw some posts by two men who were in the SM04554 studies. At first they were very active posters who disclosed everything they learnt
even though disclosing that information could get them booted from the study.

Then all of a sudden they vanished. Poof. If the product is junk why would they stop sharing information? What would they care if they got booted from clinical trials with a junk product?

I think some positive event happened so they didn't want to risk being booted anymore.

nameless

Banned
Reaction score
Where are the posters you're referencing? It seems a lot of people (here and on BTT) are just overlooking it or more focused on other treatments, though some are doubtful. I think it's a good sign that Samumed announced that it increased hair count and density within 2 weeks of phase II finishing since they easily could have waited, and that means the efficacy was at least somewhat clear. I will be more excited if they announce a phase III and/or when more in-depth phase II results are released.

I don't think people are overlooking it; I think people just don't really have much faith in it. I disagree with those people. Those posters I talked about were at TBT but it's too much trouble for me to go digging for their posts. Sorry.

And Samumed already telegraphed their feelings that their phase 2 results support moving forward in clinical trials and their phase 2 studies are either completed or already ongoing so they are already telegraphing that they plan to go to phase 3.

Like yourself, I'm also waiting for more detailed information about their phase 2 study and I think the news will be that SM04554 is significantly better than the two drugs (minoxidil + Rogaine 5%) already available. I hope I'm right.

MickChong

Established Member
Reaction score
Are you saying hair loss is a disease, and have to be cured?

Do you prefer death/war/military instead? Of course, I want to see it cured, it's an absolute sh"t for a youngster to have to go through. I would rather see us plough money into fixing human suffering instead of creating more.

Mach

Established Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately the best advancements for humanity come from military/government need to survive. The US doesn't just load ammo. I'm just speaking on the US side and it's not debatable.

nameless

Banned
Reaction score

They may be very close to curing arteriosclerosis too.

mikes23

Reaction score
I'm looking forward to seeing the progress dr lauster made. In the summer, when I looked up who was attending the congress he was not listed. I also emailed him and he said he would not be attending. So when they told me he would be going I figured he had some good stuff to present. hopefully he can explain that one statement where he said they had the cure but do not have the funds to bring it into clinical trials.

NewUser

Experienced Member
Reaction score

That's great but cancer is still the no. 2 cause of death in the United States where a war on cancer was declared by Richard Nixon four decades ago. And it's number two worldwide.

And the overall death rate from war is down. But I think it might be due them switching from land invasions to aerial bombing. That way allows them to continue murdering people but without the home team suffering as many casualties.

potato87

Established Member
Reaction score
Hellouser, Swisstemples states you're friends, do you know if he is still going to update his website? it's been a month now :-/

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hellouser, Swisstemples states you're friends, do you know if he is still going to update his website? it's been a month now :-/

No idea, I did ask him if he's going to give an update... his answer was more of a 'yes' but I don't really remember, I've had a lot on my plate lately.

- - - Updated - - -

That's great but cancer is still the no. 2 cause of death in the United States where a war on cancer was declared by Richard Nixon four decades ago. And it's number two worldwide.

And the overall death rate from war is down. But I think it might be due them switching from land invasions to aerial bombing. That way allows them to continue murdering people but without the home team suffering as many casualties.

Curing cancer is irrelevant. Finding the cure for baldness doesn't come at the cost of a solution for cancer. It's pretty offensive when people say there are bigger problems than hair loss.

potato87

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks!

No idea, I did ask him if he's going to give an update... his answer was more of a 'yes' but I don't really remember, I've had a lot on my plate lately.

Thanks for replying to me mate, keeps me hopeful! thanks also for all you have done for the forums!

NewUser

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Curing cancer is irrelevant. Finding the cure for baldness doesn't come at the cost of a solution for cancer. It's pretty offensive when people say there are bigger problems than hair loss.

I think part of the reason for scientific interest in hair follicles is because of the fast growth nature of keratinocytes. The only other cell types in human bodies which divide as rapidly are cancer cells. Elaine Fuchs has done a lot of research in this area. Hair follicles and cancer are two very interesting areas of study for researchers.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think part of the reason for scientific interest in hair follicles is because of the fast growth nature of keratinocytes. The only other cell types in human bodies which divide as rapidly are cancer cells. Elaine Fuchs has done a lot of research in this area. Hair follicles and cancer are two very interesting areas of study for researchers.

Not enough of an interest if we still dont have a cure. I can count the number of legit research teams in the world wiht ONE HAND. I'd need to write a novel trilogy for all the cancer research being done.

NewUser

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Well I can agree with you on this. We should have had cures decades ago. I think handing big pharma 20 and 30-year patent protections on old drug discoveries has not worked well for the public in general. We could live withoutTylenol version XXVIII, and we could survive without the latest underarm deodorant. We might even endure bad breath, but hair is another matter. I can empathize with everyone who doesn't feel their normal selves as a result of hair loss.

persistentone

Established Member
Reaction score

Where are your summaries of the 20 hours of audio/video you collected at the congress?

amberjack

Reaction score
maybe hellouser should give us summary and his personal opinion about situation...
thx and well done hellouser