Hellouser at Hair Congress 2015 in Miami - General Discussion

F2005

Established Member
Reaction score
And isn't it interesting how now, right after Hellouser conducted interviews at the Congress, BTT conducts interviews with Replicel and Histogen right afterwards?? What a coincidence!!! Hahaha

farkhairloss

Established Member
Reaction score
And isn't it interesting how now, right after Hellouser conducted interviews at the Congress, BTT conducts interviews with Replicel and Histogen right afterwards?? What a coincidence!!! Hahaha
Thats what I said on the 2020 site. BTT has lost so many good posters because of there constant pushing of hair transplants and extreme moderation. Its just too much effort to post there now because of that F-head Winston. And that other c*** knocker Payday has his head that far up Spencers ***.

F2005

Established Member
Reaction score
Thats what I said on the 2020 site. BTT has lost so many good posters because of there constant pushing of hair transplants and extreme moderation. Its just too much effort to post there now because of that F-head Winston. And that other c*** knocker Payday has his head that far up Spencers ***.

Don't you also notice also that the posters with earliest "join date" (like in 2008 or 2009) are the biggest ***-kissers. I wonder if these are even accounts for real people or just fake accounts made up by the administrators over there just to pay BTT compliments left and right.

I remember when Hellouser was actually trying to set up a fundraising account for Hair Congress over there, and one of these ***-kissers went on a rant about how Hellouser was "an extremely troubled person" and "there is no way anyone should trust him with money or to report back the truth to the community".

Such idiotic and false statements were among the reasons that I stopped posting over there. And judging by the many people who contributed to send Hellouser to the Hair Congress (myself included), the opinions of the ***-kissing poster that I mentioned before just go to show how disconnected the BTT forum has become, and show how much we all trust, admire, and respect Hellouser for all of his efforts down at the Hair Congress.

Last edited:

Norwood One

Experienced Member
Reaction score
BTT has a clear agenda = pushing hair transplants. It's obvious from their homepage with before after pics of hair transplant's. That's why I ditched that site for this one.

HairlossCurse

Reaction score
There was also an interesting poster: (http://www.registration123.com/NAHRS/HAIR2015/media/pdf/AbstractBook_WCHR2015.pdf)

P098 Viabilities of Androgen Stimulated Dermal Papilla Cells are Modulated with GPR44 Antagonist

It links androgenreceptors, dermal papilla cells and DHT to GPR44 (PGD2 receptor), one criticism of the PGD2 theory was that there was no obvious link between it and DHT/AR's. Now we have some more evidence.

To determine the effect of GPR44 antagonist or COX inhibitor such as TM30089, indomethacin andrefoxcib, they were applied to DHT-treated DPCs. According to real time-PCR and Western blot assay, androgenreceptor (AR), PGD2 synthase and GPR44/CRTh2 was upregulated in 1-100nM DHT treated samples. The GPR44antagonist or COX inhibitor inhibited the level of AR, type 2 5α-reductase (5αR2), and PGD2 synthase. Theseeffects positively act on DPCs viability

This, along with 055 CRTH2/ PTGDR2 Antagonists Reverse the Hair Growth Inhibition Caused by Elevated PGD2 Level and P012 Prostaglandin D2 and Its Metabolite 15-dPGJ2 Promote Catagen Progression in Mice mean that we have some good papers ready to be read once they are published and also whatever info hellouser is able to report in due time.

Illu2ion

Established Member
Reaction score
You've done an amazing job hellouser. Thank you big time for helping the community out but even more so for creating a bridge between us sufferers and the brains behind potential new treatments. It really surprised me that some of the scientists actually didn't know there's a pretty large community with people who are deeply affected bij male pattern baldness.

bobby dearfield

Reaction score
I believe the problem is not in the follicle itself as miniaturized follicles when transplanted in mice regrew to their original size (2002 study). If the problem was the follicle that would not happen and they would remain small after implanted. Therefore, the problem can only be in the scalp, the environment of the follicle. So, there is something in the balding region of the head that is preventing its hair follicles from growing normally, that's what needs to be figured out. Once we know what it is, baldness will be reversible. The good news, well it's not news (2002) is the balding follicles are not diseased, or weak, or unhealthy, or dying, they are only being kept from growing for some reason.

Solomon

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey Hell, will you write summary of WHC later? I really want to read your opinion. Are you disappointed about progress? What do you think what will be the first new treatment and when we will see it?
Thanks

Joxy

Experienced Member
Reaction score
This congress was only waste of time. Nothing new, nothing special to be excited. Just like always. Guys, don’t expect nothing new till 2030.

distracted

Established Member
Reaction score
This congress was only waste of time. Nothing new, nothing special to be excited. Just like always. Guys, don’t expect nothing new till 2030.

Chill with the negativity. In just 1-3 years we can see a replacement of finasteride + minoxidil with Seti + SM. That's what I'm hoping for.

NewUser

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Chill with the negativity. In just 1-3 years we can see a replacement of finasteride + minoxidil with Seti + SM. That's what I'm hoping for.

I must say that i have newfound hope after reading Hellouser's Miami Hair Conference interviews. In just two years we could see Shiseido's procedure offered in Japan as well as Histogen HSC in the USA and even sooner in Mexico. Two big hopefuls right there.

I think we should all start putting some money aside to pay for these procedures because two years is not a lot of time. Not really. We may need cash for round trip airfares in addition to the treatment(s). Save your money now because you'll want to be among the first in line.

And if that doesn't brighten our outlook, there is Angela Christiano's research into JAK inhibition for accelerating hair growth. Apparently JAK inhibitors are doing more to promote hair growth than scientists knew. Topical application of Tof and Rux not just safer but more effective, too. Tofacitinib has already been tested on human scalps and found to re-grow full heads of hair for AA as well as totalis alopecia. What if it does the same for male and female pattern baldness, the most common conditions for hair loss? Exciting times for us all I think.

hope1

Reaction score
I was wondering if you would update us what you heard at the conference regarding the research of Angela Christiano.

yodawasbald

Reaction score
noyhing special

swisstemple it think he is friend with hellouser and he said that 2016 is the r=year of a cure i want to see what is this big thing hellouser doesn't told us yet.

kales

Reaction score
Follicum

Follicum was suppose to release their trial results at the congress, any news on them?

rush4life

Reaction score
So I am assuming that is everything for the news from the conference. Hellouser, at your leisure, could you let us know out of everything you saw and everyone you talked to what are the things you are most excited about. Frankly I don't understand a lot of the technical stuff and would just like the opinion of the person who went. What is thoughts on everything? Cheers man.

S Foote.

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I believe the problem is not in the follicle itself as miniaturized follicles when transplanted in mice regrew to their original size (2002 study). If the problem was the follicle that would not happen and they would remain small after implanted. Therefore, the problem can only be in the scalp, the environment of the follicle. So, there is something in the balding region of the head that is preventing its hair follicles from growing normally, that's what needs to be figured out. Once we know what it is, baldness will be reversible. The good news, well it's not news (2002) is the balding follicles are not diseased, or weak, or unhealthy, or dying, they are only being kept from growing for some reason.

The 2002 study you refer too, is very important in terms of trying to understand what is really going on in hair follicle miniaturisation. What is just as important as the male pattern baldness follicles enlarging by around 400%, is what happened to the so called androgen neutral large follicles from the same men. These reduced in size by around 40%, resulting in all the various follicles used ending up the same size within very close limits.

What is clear from this, is that external conditions are adjusting all the follicles to one particular size. There is only one recognised growth control that could explain this, and i discuss this study in my article.

https://independent.academia.edu/StephenFoote/Papers

I have to say i don't see any differences in the research directions of this conference, to those of twenty years ago. The WNT's pathway is a big no no, and anything based on this that does work will never be licensed. Fuchs demonstrated many years ago that testing this in mice produced much increased hair growth, and tumours.

People on the forums ask why is it so hard to make any real progress in understanding hair follicle miniaturisation? Well very simply follicle growth restriction research, completely ignores the very basic widely accepted tissue growth controls. For some reason traditional hair follicle research seems to think that two things can occupy the same space at the same time? Basic physics says otherwise.

MickChong

Established Member
Reaction score
The 2002 study you refer too, is very important in terms of trying to understand what is really going on in hair follicle miniaturisation. What is just as important as the male pattern baldness follicles enlarging by around 400%, is what happened to the so called androgen neutral large follicles from the same men. These reduced in size by around 40%, resulting in all the various follicles used ending up the same size within very close limits.

What is clear from this, is that external conditions are adjusting all the follicles to one particular size. There is only one recognised growth control that could explain this, and i discuss this study in my article.

https://independent.academia.edu/StephenFoote/Papers

I have to say i don't see any differences in the research directions of this conference, to those of twenty years ago. The WNT's pathway is a big no no, and anything based on this that does work will never be licensed. Fuchs demonstrated many years ago that testing this in mice produced much increased hair growth, and tumours.

People on the forums ask why is it so hard to make any real progress in understanding hair follicle miniaturisation? Well very simply follicle growth restriction research, completely ignores the very basic widely accepted tissue growth controls. For some reason traditional hair follicle research seems to think that two things can occupy the same space at the same time? Basic physics says otherwise.

So basically we have a choice of hair and cancer or no hair/no cancer?