Hellouser at Hair Congress 2015 in Miami - General Discussion

nameless

Banned
Reaction score
Thanks Hellouser for all the hard work you've put in and thanks to all those that made the trip possible with your kind donations.

I'm just curious though, is this the only thread where there's a discussion going on? Am I missing something? It seems very very quiet.

It's only quiet because Hellouser needs a chance to return home, unpack, unwind, and prepare his notes for posting. The congress was in Florida and Hellouser lives in Canada. And yes, it's my understanding that this is the website where Hellouser will post information about the Congress.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
It's only quiet because Hellouser needs a chance to return home, unpack, unwind, and prepare his notes for posting. The congress was in Florida and Hellouser lives in Canada. And yes, it's my understanding that this is the website where Hellouser will post information about the Congress.

All true.. I'm pretty exhausted. I was at the congress everyday from about 8-9am until around 4-6pm. To make matters worse, I haven't had a vacation in over 3 years so I've sacrificed my only time off to do this. I don't mind doing it considering its for everyone's benefit, including my own, but I am tired.

Cherry on top; there's a TON of audio recordings I made. I pretty much attended as many presentations as possible with some interviews as well. I now need to sort through things and edit the audio. What I did was on the first day of presentations I tried to stop and start again recording audio once a presenter was done and the next one came up. However, I'd often be paying attention to the speakers instead of the adjusting the recording, so I'd end up pressing stop AFTER the name was announced. What I ended up doing instead was to record the whole topic in one shot. So if it was about stem cells and it included 5 speakers, I just recorded it all, which includes Q&A at various times throughout the topic (Q&A did not happen once for each speaker). So now I gotta cut it all up into separate speakers and create a new thread for EACH speaker. This is going to be incredibly tedious for a couple reasons;

I made a soundcloud account but it ONLY allows you to upload 200 minutes worth of audio on a free account. I have about 10-20 hours worth of recordings + interviews. Soundcloud would have been ideal, but it requires payment. The next best platform is Youtube, but it requires all files uploaded to be movie files, rather than mp3s, so I need to create and export a movie file for EACH speaker.

I took photos of the posters as well with my point and shoot, the one I mentioned I bought to record video with. I've got about 30 or so of them to go through and upload as well.

I also need to finalize emails to some of the researchers, thank each one once again and get the green light on some of the posts im going to make in regards to my discussions with them to share with you guys (i need to run it by a few of them).

There's going to be a ton of content for you guys to listen, read and talk about, that I promise you. It's just going to take a bit of time for me to pull everything together... also, I'm not looking forward to being back at my day job, I'm almost positive I'm going to get slammed with work that likely never got done by someone else while I was away. Sigh.

robot_hair

Reaction score
Thank you VERY much for doing this. We all greatly appreciate it. I am very sorry to hear that you had to use up your vacation time though. :(

HairlossCurse

Reaction score
Cherry on top; there's a TON of audio recordings I made. I pretty much attended as many presentations as possible with some interviews as well. I now need to sort through things and edit the audio. What I did was on the first day of presentations I tried to stop and start again recording audio once a presenter was done and the next one came up. However, I'd often be paying attention to the speakers instead of the adjusting the recording, so I'd end up pressing stop AFTER the name was announced. What I ended up doing instead was to record the whole topic in one shot. So if it was about stem cells and it included 5 speakers, I just recorded it all, which includes Q&A at various times throughout the topic (Q&A did not happen once for each speaker). So now I gotta cut it all up into separate speakers and create a new thread for EACH speaker. This is going to be incredibly tedious for a couple reasons;

I made a soundcloud account but it ONLY allows you to upload 200 minutes worth of audio on a free account. I have about 10-20 hours worth of recordings + interviews. Soundcloud would have been ideal, but it requires payment. The next best platform is Youtube, but it requires all files uploaded to be movie files, rather than mp3s, so I need to create and export a movie file for EACH speaker.

I took photos of the posters as well with my point and shoot, the one I mentioned I bought to record video with. I've got about 30 or so of them to go through and upload as well.

Hellouser, you could use something like Google Drive(15gb free storage) to store the raw files and other users can download and maybe even help with editing if they have the software etc.

hiitsjam

Reaction score
First of all, a BIG thank you to hellouser who has done a tremendous job here. *CLAP* *CLAP* *CLAP*

I am hoping to get some update from hellouser regarding his interactions with the doctors/group over there

Based on what I have read briefly from your (hellouser) recent posts after your congress visit, it seems like there are some exciting news coming our way :). Am I being too optimistic over here?? I dunno :)

To be very precise, I am curious to hear from hellouser on :

(a) Replicel/Shiseido update : Their future plans along with some meaningful milestones. We all have been hearing from Replicel/Shiseido that a cure will be in 2018. To be more precise, I wanted to get some idea as to what different milestones they have in order to make 2018 a reality.

(b) Samumed update - How were Saumed's SM04554 first trial results ??? Any pictures?? For some unknown reasons, I have pretty high hopes with SM04554, may be because they have just completed their 2nd clinical trials. From what I have seen, if the 1st clinical trial results r bogus, companies usually don't do 2nd trial. Since they have already completed 2nd trial, which gives me enough confidence in their product. Hopefully, I will not be disappointed.

(c) Histogen update - I would also like to know what histogen is upto, though, personally I am not very excited about histogen may be due to the fact that their initial clinical trial results were not so impressive.

Finally, with all these meaningful and positive developments happening lately on male pattern baldness, makes me believe that, cure should not be too far away.

Bukowski

Established Member
Reaction score
Quote: makes me believe that, cure should not be too far away.
Hmmmzzzz, I can't remember how many times I've read that in the last ten years.

Solomon

Established Member
Reaction score
Quote: makes me believe that, cure should not be too far away.
Hmmmzzzz, I can't remember how many times I've read that in the last ten years.

How many times? Were there any upcoming cures except aderans and intercytex (or smth)?

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
How many times? Were there any upcoming cures except aderans and intercytex (or smth)?

ARI bought out Intercytix IP. ARI with it's closure a couple years ago is now for sale (I had two sources from the congress tell me. I won't name names). The IP itself is cheap, but whoever buys needs to put quite bit of cash into it with labs, costs of running it, clinical trials, etc. Let's PRAY that whoever buys it, doesn't shut it down as a defensive move against an existing treatment. When I was speaking with a potential buyer of ARI, I made sure to mention that all of us here would be more than willing to combine many or even all methods of treatment, thus shutting down ARI would be pointless.

FiveMore

Reaction score
ARI bought out Intercytix IP. ARI with it's closure a couple years ago is now for sale (I had two sources from the congress tell me. I won't name names). The IP itself is cheap, but whoever buys needs to put quite bit of cash into it with labs, costs of running it, clinical trials, etc. Let's PRAY that whoever buys it, doesn't shut it down as a defensive move against an existing treatment. When I was speaking with a potential buyer of ARI, I made sure to mention that all of us here would be more than willing to combine many or even all methods of treatment, thus shutting down ARI would be pointless.

I wish there was a way we could organize and endorse the researchers with good reputations. Crowd funding something with good results that ran out of money would be awesome. I would donate what I could. Someone should harness that power.

nameless

Banned
Reaction score
wow.. this is amazing : http://www.businesswire.com/news/ho...-Completes-Phase-II-Study-Potential-Treatment

I am just hoping the product to be equally effective. Fingers crossed:-D

hellouser might have more insights to it.

This is like the 3rd, 4th, maybe 5th media story I've seen about Samumed's SM04554 in the past month. Is anybody else noticing that there seems to be a significant amount of media articles about SM04554 circulating recently? I hope it continues because it's making me feel optimistic about the drug.

paleocapa89

Established Member
Reaction score
Are there any info on it's efficacy? I couldn't find any. Why are they so secretive? Do they have the cure or are they looking for investors and just try to create some hype?

nameless

Banned
Reaction score
Are there any info on it's efficacy? I couldn't find any. Why are they so secretive? Do they have the cure or are they looking for investors and just try to create some hype?

They are not being secretive. Phase 2 just completed and they don't have results tallied yet. They said they should have results tallied in a few months.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm uploading the Replicel interview I had right now. These rules to have movie files only on YouTube kind of suck. My files to upload are going to be pretty big. My 40 minute interview is 600+ mb large. Anyway, file will be finished uploading in about half an hour or so. I might actually do the movie file creations at home on my 4790k processor and upload them at work (upload speeds there are really fast).

Only22

Reaction score
Kerastem

Hellouser, desperately need some advice on kerastem. Basically been to clinic in Switzerland where its offered and need to make a decision about going for it or not soon? Based on your interview with Ken do you think this seems like a good option to keep the rest of my hair?

Thanks for your effort man

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
Replicel interview is live! Click here to watch: http://www.hairlosstalk.com/interac...-Interview-w-Dr-Rolf-Hoffmann-amp-Lee-Buckler

Hellouser, desperately need some advice on kerastem. Basically been to clinic in Switzerland where its offered and need to make a decision about going for it or not soon? Based on your interview with Ken do you think this seems like a good option to keep the rest of my hair?

It'll depend which doctor you talk to. If I had disposable money, I'd do it regardless. I don't know if it'll KEEP your hair, ie; a substitute for Finasteride. However, the photos look pretty good.

Jaym

Established Member
Reaction score

if you do it can you update with pics man? :)

Dragonborn

Reaction score

Hey mate. We really don't know how effective they are. I've seen your post on the other forum. And basically you will have to decide for yourself whether or not the sum you mentioned there is worth risking on this product.

dupaman

Reaction score
By this time, I'm relying less on Replicel. Mi hopes are now with SM and Histogen. Can't wait to see what got Hellouser so excited about Histogen. Hope that one of them release something before 2017. Time will tell...