Hasson&wong Taken Off Topical Finasteride From Their Website

Badbald

Established Member
Reaction score
Just checked in to see if there was any updates on their formulation and to my surprise they have taken it off all together.... https://hassonandwong.com/topical-finasteride-update/

I even went onto the hairloss drugs section and all they now have on there is minoxidil....
https://hassonandwong.com/hair-loss/hair-loss-drugs/

This is pretty bad for me as it was my backup for if brotzu dosent work or takes a while still to come out... was pretty much my only hope but looks like they have either lost faith in their product or they cant backup their claims on side effects and effectiveness

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
This product was absolutely ridiculous.

There was never any point to finasteride mega-dosing. Their treatment was literally 2.5 mg/day, which is completely absurd and showed that they did not read the science of the drug that they were working on.

Lots of people tried this and reported sides.

Badbald

Established Member
Reaction score
You could always take a smaller dose then the 2.5 a day, Dilute and apply a smaller amount

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
You could always take a smaller dose then the 2.5 a day, Dilute and apply a smaller amount

Most patients will follow their doctor's recommendations. Following this, the doctors found out that their treatment didn't work.

Megadosing is stupid in general. I looked up a vitamin on Amazon the other day, it had 42,000 %, yes 42, 000%, of the recommended daily dose per pill.

Badbald

Established Member
Reaction score
Most patients will follow their doctor's recommendations. Following this, the doctors found out that their treatment didn't work.

Megadosing is stupid in general. I looked up a vitamin on Amazon the other day, it had 42,000 %, yes 42, 000%, of the recommended daily dose per pill.

Where did you find out that peoples Drs had found that the treatment didn't work?

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Where did you find out that peoples Drs had found that the treatment didn't work?

I know that people have widely reported the same side effects online, on this website for example.

I then assume that the doctors eventually found out as well.

fuDHTck

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Maybe polichem said them to stop or something.

Regardless you can still buy it :)

Badbald

Established Member
Reaction score
Maybe polichem said them to stop or something.

Regardless you can still buy it :)
I thought that at first but would only make sense if they were using the same formulation which they weren't so they can't really tell them to take out off, I just have a bad feeling something's not right with it now

fuDHTck

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well I am not sure if it was 100% legal to sell it without FDA approval.

Why would Polichem spend milions of dollars otherwise ?

Alex Contee

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It is far more likely they got sued or Canada's HPFB took action against them. I would bet my life savings against them voluntarily killing their product because some patients had sides or didn't see results.

Falsenine

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I never really trusted H&W topical, it just seemed too good to be true and despite their outrageous claims that patients never encountered side effects, people’s experience proved otherwise.
Polichem seems to be doing it the right way.

I do believe that topical finasteride is a possible future solution it just needs a lot of testing and studys to find the perfect dose to reduce side effect while maintaining most of the efficacy.

On another note, I hope people understand that when companies/doctors overhype certain products, most of the time (in my experience) it turns out to be a disappointment eg. laser hat, PRP, etc
When a product is ready, the marketing campaign starts, not before.
Food for thought...

Attachments

• C1A4751A-26A2-4F32-91FC-32D196F7EFC3.jpeg
    C1A4751A-26A2-4F32-91FC-32D196F7EFC3.jpeg
    85.1 KB · Views: 746

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
I think it could be considered "off label" treatment which is not illegal but maybe it caused some type of violation for Canada's drug laws. Or maybe they got tired of so many people pressuring them into selling it outside of Canada. I am sure we will hear why soon enough. Or maybe they are updating the info.

Btg

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Didnt really make sense to me anyway , low concentration finasteride and liposomes for delivery i get it , 2.5% finasteride and hoping for the best never excited me .
Well maybe im just suspicious !

jonnywalker93

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I just bought if from the Italian pharmacy that compounds it.

I don't really get why everyone hypes Brotzu, but rails against this. If they both use a descend liposomes vehicles, why should Brotzu stay in the skin and the topical Finasteride not? If you go the H&W thread here, you can see that literally no one has side effects. The bigger question for me is if it delivers the efficacy promised as it might just not be absorbed or something.

Anyway I try it as I have no other options apart from topical seti that still hasn't arrived...

kiwipilu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This product was absolutely ridiculous.

There was never any point to finasteride mega-dosing. Their treatment was literally 2.5 mg/day, which is completely absurd and showed that they did not read the science of the drug that they were working on.

Lots of people tried this and reported sides.

well If I'm not mistaken 2,5% equals 25mg/ml...

Alex Contee

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Didnt really make sense to me anyway , low concentration finasteride and liposomes for delivery i get it , 2.5% finasteride and hoping for the best never excited me .
Well maybe im just suspicious !
If anything it was insanely high concentration

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't really get why everyone hypes Brotzu, but rails against this. If they both use a descend liposomes vehicles,

Both treatments use liposomes, and the similarities stop there.

1) Hasson & Wong uses liposomes to prevent the treatment from going systemic. Brotzu uses liposomes to facilitate penetration.

2) Hasson & Wong's liposomes don't work as their treatment goes systemic. Brotzu's liposomes do work as their treatment does penetrate the scalp.

3) They also use different pharmaceuticals. Finasteride inhibits 5-alpha-reductase. Brotzu's formulation contains s-equol which neutralized DHT and also binds to the estrogen-beta receptor. It also contains DGLA and L-Carinitine, which stimulate beta cells, vasodilation, and decrease inflammation.

I never really trusted H&W topical, it just seemed too good to be true and despite their outrageous claims that patients never encountered side effects, people’s experience proved otherwise.
Polichem seems to be doing it the right way.
I agree, Polichem has a better scientific rationale.

JimmyB

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It was your only hope but you never used it? Wait for Polichem to come out.

There may have also been some legal hurdles - maybe Merck got wind of it.

IdealForehead

My Regimen
Reaction score
Both treatments use liposomes, and the similarities stop there.

1) Hasson & Wong uses liposomes to prevent the treatment from going systemic. Brotzu uses liposomes to facilitate penetration.

2) Hasson & Wong's liposomes don't work as their treatment goes systemic. Brotzu's liposomes do work as their treatment does penetrate the scalp.

3) They also use different pharmaceuticals. Finasteride inhibits 5-alpha-reductase. Brotzu's formulation contains s-equol which neutralized DHT and also binds to the estrogen-beta receptor. It also contains DGLA and L-Carinitine, which stimulate beta cells, vasodilation, and decrease inflammation.

I agree, Polichem has a better scientific rationale.

I actually don't believe liposomes are at all necessary in Brotzu's formulation. Equol penetrates the skin just fine in regular vehicles. It's a small molecule similar to estrogens and natural estrogens do fine in creams and other topical formulations. It's even been tested and proven to absorb fine in the skin study I posted in the equol thread.

I think 99% of the delay in bringing Brotzu to market has been the difficulty of trying to build effective and shelf-stable liposomes. I'm not sure why he's so fixated on liposomes. In principle, I think liposomes are supposed to focus the absorption to the follicles by promoting follicular transport:

image1_w.jpg

But s-equol is such a safe and natural product. Although this idea is "nice" I don't see why he's using so much time and energy on this, when he could just as easily put out a Brotzu solution (in a standard base of ethanol/PG/water like minoxidil) and then come back to the liposomes later if they're so hard to develop.

As for Hasson & Wong, as I have said many times on this site, I still maintain we will never see a prescription strength anti-androgen as a topical agent brought to market due to the risks to pregnant women and children from shedding and contact transfer. People have been testing topical finasteride for many, many years. There are very old studies on topical finasteride, yet no one has sold it commercially.

This is because it is a class action lawsuit waiting to happen. This is the sort of dumb product lawyers jerk off waiting for.

If you want a topical anti-androgen for hair loss, you will have to mix it yourself or get it custom compounded. And then you better at least try to be responsible about it and not expose vulnerable people to it, eg. via pillowcases etc.