Hasson&wong Taken Off Topical Finasteride From Their Website

Marco445

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I just bought if from the Italian pharmacy that compounds it.

I don't really get why everyone hypes Brotzu, but rails against this. If they both use a descend liposomes vehicles, why should Brotzu stay in the skin and the topical Finasteride not? If you go the H&W thread here, you can see that literally no one has side effects. The bigger question for me is if it delivers the efficacy promised as it might just not be absorbed or something.

Anyway I try it as I have no other options apart from topical seti that still hasn't arrived...

Can you provide the link for h&w thread on this forum? Can’t really find too much reviews with people not reporting sides.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
I actually don't believe liposomes are at all necessary in Brotzu's formulation. Equol penetrates the skin just fine in regular vehicles. It's a small molecule similar to estrogens and natural estrogens do fine in creams and other topical formulations. It's even been tested and proven to absorb fine in the skin study I posted in the equol thread.

I think 99% of the delay in bringing Brotzu to market has been the difficulty of trying to build effective and shelf-stable liposomes. I'm not sure why he's so fixated on liposomes. In principle, I think liposomes are supposed to focus the absorption to the follicles by promoting follicular transport:

View attachment 84902

But s-equol is such a safe and natural product. Although this idea is "nice" I don't see why he's using so much time and energy on this, when he could just as easily put out a Brotzu solution (in a standard base of ethanol/PG/water like minoxidil) and then come back to the liposomes later if they're so hard to develop.

As for Hasson & Wong, as I have said many times on this site, I still maintain we will never see a prescription strength anti-androgen as a topical agent brought to market due to the risks to pregnant women and children from shedding and contact transfer. People have been testing topical finasteride for many, many years. There are very old studies on topical finasteride, yet no one has sold it commercially.

This is because it is a class action lawsuit waiting to happen. This is the sort of dumb product lawyers jerk off waiting for.

If you want a topical anti-androgen for hair loss, you will have to mix it yourself or get it custom compounded. And then you better at least try to be responsible about it and not expose vulnerable people to it, eg. via pillowcases etc.

My sister wasn't allowed to touch my late father's prostate cancer pills, so that's a good point.

My pillow and bed sheets are likely covered in RU 58841, do you think that this is a problem?

A while back I visited a female friend with a cat and was applying minoxidil on my head every day. I didn't know at the time, but a single drop of minoxidil can be lethal to a cat.

As for the Brotzu formulation, the liposomes might be for the other two compounds, I don't remember. Brotzu or Fidia have said before that roughly one half of the effectiveness is due to the s-equol, so the other half matters too.

RegenWaiting

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
My sister wasn't allowed to touch my late father's prostate cancer pills, so that's a good point.

My pillow and bed sheets are likely covered in RU 58841, do you think that this is a problem?

A while back I visited a female friend with a cat and was applying minoxidil on my head every day. I didn't know at the time, but a single drop of minoxidil can be lethal to a cat.

As for the Brotzu formulation, the liposomes might be for the other two compounds, I don't remember. Brotzu or Fidia have said before that roughly one half of the effectiveness is due to the s-equol, so the other half matters too.
I'd not get into whether it's a problem that bed sheets are covered in androgen receptor-antagonists
(depends on several factors; amount, time, %, spread etc.) or not, but I'll tell you anyways;
Because of personal issues with this, and the potential danger it could prove to be for others
(which I definitely can't live with) I choose to always apply ''lotions'' in the morning before
workout, and shower it off afterwards. There exist other factors like practical etc because of work.
Sorry for the overly crisp-language, (busy). I find your posts very well-weighted overall :)

jonnywalker93

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

IdealForehead

My Regimen
Reaction score

The radioactive minoxidil study showed 41-45% of minoxidil stays on the scalp and or gets transferred to the pillow sheets:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/3977334/

Same probably for the rest of our topicals. If I had a pregnant wife living with me I would probably put myself on a quarantine protocol (different bed, different washroom) and buy some surgical hats which I would put on the moment I get in the house:
disposable-surgical-caps.jpg

Daro even in residual quantities would be extremely dangerous to a developing fetus. Other agents less so but still all are potentially toxic in pregnancy.

fuDHTck

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Really just apply it in the morning and go on with your life. It is extremely unlikely it will ever cause any problem.

And even if you meet a pregnant woman be careful but I still doubt it would cause anything unless you literally put your head into his body\hands after putting the topical.

Cue Bald

Experienced Member
Reaction score
As a test I diluted a bunch of hydrocodone and diazepam into a liquid, and I washed it onto my head. I felt no different
Even with these liposomes or whatever, I bet all the finasteride just washes off the head. Otherwise like you said they'd do DHT tests. I don't think I've ever seen a good result from topical finasteride
Even if they use enough finasteride that it goes systemic, I bet it works by decreasing DHT in the body just like an oral tablet would

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
As a test I diluted a bunch of hydrocodone and diazepam into a liquid, and I washed it onto my head. I felt no different
Even with these liposomes or whatever, I bet all the finasteride just washes off the head. Otherwise like you said they'd do DHT tests. I don't think I've ever seen a good result from topical finasteride
Even if they use enough finasteride that it goes systemic, I bet it works by decreasing DHT in the body just like an oral tablet would

Finasteride reduces DHT in both the skin and the blood. The idea of topical finasteride is to only reduce it in the skin, where it would still have some effect.

jamesbooker1975

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
Lol x 100000000
What I have being told ?
Each time I heard about finateride topical or Brotzu's crap , it remind me this :
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRKnvKysbxbw-_Qsq68FfUMOZmp3RKYEAGT2AH0xVPzbadxsIKZ.jpg

washed_up

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

This study claims otherwise.

https://www.researchgate.net/public...one_in_healthy_men_with_androgenetic_alopecia

Cue Bald

Experienced Member
Reaction score
that says the scalp (scalp skin?) but does that include the hair follcle or DP ?

Alex Contee

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
As I thought. They probably got a letter from the FDA. What they were doing (even what Murray and others are doing) is in violation of several rules.

Bummer

That Guy

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

Really!?

f***, now I'm paranoid to pet my cat.

vegetassj

Established Member
Reaction score
So they still use this, just policy problems in US?

How can minoxidil or topc finasteride land on your pillow if you sleep on your back?

Last edited:

jonnywalker93

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So they still use this, just policy problems in US?

How can minoxidil or topc finasteride land on your pillow if you sleep on your back?

Yes, mine is currently being prepared by the Italian pharmacy.

You are one of the guys who uses it atm if I recall correctly? How are you getting on? Any news about efficacy?

pikemason

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes, mine is currently being prepared by the Italian pharmacy.

You are one of the guys who uses it atm if I recall correctly? How are you getting on? Any news about efficacy?
farmacia Parati? what percentage finasteride are you using? N and Ml