Has Anyone Recovered From A Reflex-hyperandrogenicity From Finasteride At All?

Mr SideEffect

My Regimen
Reaction score
Guys if you think about stopping finasteride please listen, I started take 1 mg for 3 month and i decided to stop that garbage drug, after i decided to stop after 3 month i took 0,50 mg for 2 weeks Then 0,25 for 2 weeks, After that that 0.25 every second day for 2 weeks then every 3rd day then every 4th day now am taking it every 5th day,And the itchy scalp disapeard maybe its because of the ketoconazol shampo and the cold showers i take + argan oil but anyway the itchy scalp is gone and my hair looks the same but the hair loss defently without a doubt has been reduced allot. i dont shed as much as i did, Trust me DONT go cold turkey take your time your hormones are in a SHOCK imagine you going cold turkey and all the sudden your testostore jumps down an DHT jumps up your hormones will be completely fckd, Give time to your hormones to recover and get off the drug slowly!

Jeju

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Guys if you think about stopping finasteride please listen, I started take 1 mg for 3 month and i decided to stop that garbage drug, after i decided to stop after 3 month i took 0,50 mg for 2 weeks Then 0,25 for 2 weeks, After that that 0.25 every second day for 2 weeks then every 3rd day then every 4th day now am taking it every 5th day,And the itchy scalp disapeard maybe its because of the ketoconazol shampo and the cold showers i take + argan oil but anyway the itchy scalp is gone and my hair looks the same but the hair loss defently without a doubt has been reduced allot. i dont shed as much as i did, Trust me DONT go cold turkey take your time your hormones are in a SHOCK imagine you going cold turkey and all the sudden your testostore jumps down an DHT jumps up your hormones will be completely fckd, Give time to your hormones to recover and get off the drug slowly!
too late, I went cold turkey.

Mr SideEffect

My Regimen
Reaction score
too late, I went cold turkey.
But did you had reflex ? Any itcy scalp, oily skin+scalp any higher libido or morning erections? And if so did it whent away when you whent cold turkey? Maybe you where not sensitiv to DHT and it whas just an hormon change in your body before you took finasteride, Because in my case that whas so, I always have periods that am starting to lose allot of hair and it grows back in couple month but i whas scared because i just hitted 20 so i taught it whas alopecia but i just whas not sensitiv to DHT just evrey time i had a hormone change my body could not handdle that so it started to shed allot but it would recover in a couple month and it would all be the same before i shedded,and now i took finastrride my hormonos started to work against me heavily, So maybee you have the same problem as me, thats why tapprring off and giving time to your hormones are very important.

Jeju

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
But did you had reflex ? Any itcy scalp, oily skin+scalp any higher libido or morning erections? And if so did it whent away when you whent cold turkey? Maybe you where not sensitiv to DHT and it whas just an hormon change in your body before you took finasteride, Because in my case that whas so, I always have periods that am starting to lose allot of hair and it grows back in couple month but i whas scared because i just hitted 20 so i taught it whas alopecia but i just whas not sensitiv to DHT just evrey time i had a hormone change my body could not handdle that so it started to shed allot but it would recover in a couple month and it would all be the same before i shedded,and now i took finastrride my hormonos started to work against me heavily, So maybee you have the same problem as me, thats why tapprring off and giving time to your hormones are very important.
I don’t know what happened to be totally honest. I bumped the dose up to .50 and a week later I started to shed. My libido also increased and yes I did get more spots. I never had a massively itchy scalp but it was there sometimes. I reduced the dose back to .25 after only a month and my libido crashed. For the next 5 months I had low libido and continual shedding so I quit.
I’m about 7 weeks off and I feel okay. Keep us updated.

Mr SideEffect

My Regimen
Reaction score
I don’t know what happened to be totally honest. I bumped the dose up to .50 and a week later I started to shed. My libido also increased and yes I did get more spots. I never had a massively itchy scalp but it was there sometimes. I reduced the dose back to .25 after only a month and my libido crashed. For the next 5 months I had low libido and continual shedding so I quit.
I’m about 7 weeks off and I feel okay. Keep us updated.
Search on youtube Onion juice fo hair growth, You can find ALLOT of videos that it actualy works for more hair regrowth i havent tried it yet because am now using ketcocnazol shampo and argan oil i dont wanne put to much stuff in my hair but you can check it out and try it maybe and let me know if it actually works because i hear allot of good stuff about it.

Jeju

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Search on youtube Onion juice fo hair growth, You can find ALLOT of videos that it actualy works for more hair regrowth i havent tried it yet because am now using ketcocnazol shampo and argan oil i dont wanne put to much stuff in my hair but you can check it out and try it maybe and let me know if it actually works because i hear allot of good stuff about it.
Thanks for the tip. I read about it before on this site actually. I’ve spent hours reading posts as far back as 2004 on this site. That was a big mistake. The same way you shouldn’t self diagnose illnesses on the internet, you shouldn’t come to these forums with minor thinning. I convinced myself I was balding. I started taking finasteride and it was a mistake, but I’m only human. I turned 32 today, my hair is about half an inch long and I’m not an nw2 yet. It’s thinned out but that was due to the Telogen Effluvium. I look like I have a full head of hair. I was absolutely bonkers to take finasteride. Hair OCD and paranoia got the better of me. I still have the OCD now. Despite knowing what finasteride did to my hair I’m still contemplating trying again at .25 in the future. It’s a joke.
My point is I think it’s time to admit this is an actual problem. Most guys on this forum have it too. Yes I’m lucky that my hair isn’t that bad, I’m sure if I was nw3 or worst I’d be tempted to eat dutasteride for breakfast.
So, my friend, I won’t be rubbing onion juice on my head. I’ll continue going to the gym and prepare for the natural balding process that may or may not even happen! Because I’m sure this treatment deal won’t work out well for any of us guys on here. It will eventually stop working and we’ll never be able to except it at ANY age - 16, 32, 50. Of course the younger you are less socially exceptable it is.
Perhaps we should be prepared for this sh*t in school lol.
Please excuse the rant but I’ve just realised how mental all of this is haha
Good luck with everything bro. I’m going to stop visiting these sites now.

Mr SideEffect

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for the tip. I read about it before on this site actually. I’ve spent hours reading posts as far back as 2004 on this site. That was a big mistake. The same way you shouldn’t self diagnose illnesses on the internet, you shouldn’t come to these forums with minor thinning. I convinced myself I was balding. I started taking finasteride and it was a mistake, but I’m only human. I turned 32 today, my hair is about half an inch long and I’m not an nw2 yet. It’s thinned out but that was due to the Telogen Effluvium. I look like I have a full head of hair. I was absolutely bonkers to take finasteride. Hair OCD and paranoia got the better of me. I still have the OCD now. Despite knowing what finasteride did to my hair I’m still contemplating trying again at .25 in the future. It’s a joke.
My point is I think it’s time to admit this is an actual problem. Most guys on this forum have it too. Yes I’m lucky that my hair isn’t that bad, I’m sure if I was nw3 or worst I’d be tempted to eat dutasteride for breakfast.
So, my friend, I won’t be rubbing onion juice on my head. I’ll continue going to the gym and prepare for the natural balding process that may or may not even happen! Because I’m sure this treatment deal won’t work out well for any of us guys on here. It will eventually stop working and we’ll never be able to except it at ANY age - 16, 32, 50. Of course the younger you are less socially exceptable it is.
Perhaps we should be prepared for this sh*t in school lol.
Please excuse the rant but I’ve just realised how mental all of this is haha
Good luck with everything bro. I’m going to stop visiting these sites now.
Damn hahah you so right about that going from doctor to doctor every 2 weeks getting a blood test seeing the hair is getting thinning out going from this forum to the other i even massaged people that when on forum 20 years ago thats how desperate i am now XD i dont even realise anymore but it drive me crazyy tooo_O dude the thing is why my body and my hormones could not handdle the new change and the 80% DHT block is because i had always low testosterone i never ever have hit the gym in my life am skinny tho 70 kg dont get me wrong haha,But my body whas not prepard for a testosrone boost, Its really smart too hit the gym at this point am gonne give you 1 more advice do a blood test and check how high you testostrone levels are it could be the causer of hair loss and if you start balding again there are natural supplements you can take that lower dht just a litttlee bitt maybe thats all we needed and not a 80% dht block by that garbage drug, Well its very smart of you to leave these forums and just focus on other things in life bro,But dont forget too send as the picture when your hair is a little bit longer:) And i will still keep you and every one updated how my hair is going and if it actualy stopt the hair loss #prayforme!

Jeju

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Damn hahah you so right about that going from doctor to doctor every 2 weeks getting a blood test seeing the hair is getting thinning out going from this forum to the other i even massaged people that when on forum 20 years ago thats how desperate i am now XD i dont even realise anymore but it drive me crazyy tooo_O dude the thing is why my body and my hormones could not handdle the new change and the 80% DHT block is because i had always low testosterone i never ever have hit the gym in my life am skinny tho 70 kg dont get me wrong haha,But my body whas not prepard for a testosrone boost, Its really smart too hit the gym at this point am gonne give you 1 more advice do a blood test and check how high you testostrone levels are it could be the causer of hair loss and if you start balding again there are natural supplements you can take that lower dht just a litttlee bitt maybe thats all we needed and not a 80% dht block by that garbage drug, Well its very smart of you to leave these forums and just focus on other things in life bro,But dont forget too send as the picture when your hair is a little bit longer:) And i will still keep you and every one updated how my hair is going and if it actualy stopt the hair loss #prayforme!
If I get email notifications i'll respond but I've wasted enough this on this site really.
I will get blood tests this year, I'm curious anyway.
Focus on something else now. learn an instrument or take up a martial art. Try and put hair loss on the back burner. All the best;)

Mr SideEffect

My Regimen
Reaction score
If I get email notifications i'll respond but I've wasted enough this on this site really.
I will get blood tests this year, I'm curious anyway.
Focus on something else now. learn an instrument or take up a martial art. Try and put hair loss on the back burner. All the best;)
i will try my best thanks,Same to you buddy good luck!

dubs777

My Regimen
Reaction score
Any advice for someone that didn’t tapper off and continues to shed 5 months after quitting? A little background, I started it as preventative because I thought my hair line was receding after a bad haircut..6 months later and my hair has completely deteriorated (stuck with it believing in the infamous “shed”) i quite cold turkey but continue to see a shed. I started using nizoral which stopped the itching but the shed continues..

washed_up

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Any advice for someone that didn’t tapper off and continues to shed 5 months after quitting? A little background, I started it as preventative because I thought my hair line was receding after a bad haircut..6 months later and my hair has completely deteriorated (stuck with it believing in the infamous “shed”) i quite cold turkey but continue to see a shed. I started using nizoral which stopped the itching but the shed continues..

You gotta stick with it longer and have patience. Either that or go for the kill with dutasteride so there's barely any DHT left.

Jeju

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
No. I still shed since stopping in January, but why wouldn’t I? We’re both probably just balding lol
Like the dude above said, either get back on finasteride and try it for longer or accept your fate - it might not be so bad.

Jeju

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Dude how is ur hair now...even my scalp gets itchy on dutasteride...thinking about starting spironolactone ur thoughts?
Do not keep switching meds. Either stay on dutasteride for a year+ or get off and wait a year+ for Telogen Effluvium to f*** off.

Guru0007

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Do not keep switching meds. Either stay on dutasteride for a year+ or get off and wait a year+ for Telogen Effluvium to f*** off.
I have restarted duta since a month so I'll wait it out

mannyFJ

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I just want to add my feedback as I personally dealt with this. I used to be anti-fearmongers etc. and stuck with oral finasteride for over 1.5 years and didn't care about the sides as long as my hair is good. My baseline, pre oral finasteride, hair density was fine though I hopped on oral finasteride as my crown was gradually and slowly diffusing...I have gradual slow diffusion that runs in my family...no one is slick bald.

Anyways I was told to keep sticking on with finasteride and that the shed will go away...it kept worsening and I had three episodes of sheds/Telogen Effluvium which was itchy, burning sensation and lots of my hair felt out (never had this happened in my life). So bad I was told by a relative I should get a hair transplant...I went from norwood 1 to norwood 3-4...I lost over 50% of my hair density looking like someone on chemo.

I had mofos on here saying to stay on oral finasteride and sheds will go away then other mofos saying I should have gotten off finasteride sooner. There's your broscience for ya!

mannyFJ

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
For me: Reflex-hyperandrogenicity goes away after stopping what caused it which is obviously oral finasteride but I had other sides after quitting and my hair density never came back fully to the beginning start of using oral finasteride. I didn't experience reflex-hyperandrogenicity on topical finasteride.

Guru0007

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
For me: Reflex-hyperandrogenicity goes away after stopping what caused it which is obviously oral finasteride but I had other sides after quitting and my hair density never came back fully to the beginning start of using oral finasteride. I didn't experience reflex-hyperandrogenicity on topical finasteride.

How is your now ?..

Selb

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think reflex hyperandrogencity is my biggest hurdle to starting finasteride when your hair is still decent. Which is ironic since prevention is key. I’ve researched it a bit but not much has been discussed about it. Only that it’s rare and you’ll notice it if a few months into finasteride you still have more libido, sweating, facial hair, acne, and oiliness.

Another thing I’ve seen discussed is that if you’re losing your hair and your dht levels are low, it implies that a lot of your hair loss is due to androgenic sensitivity, seeing as how even low androgen levels still cause you hair loss. And maybe, just maybe an attribute of this type of sensitivity is a dynamic response to changes in hormonal levels. But again, I really have no clue.