Has Anyone Recovered From A Reflex-hyperandrogenicity From Finasteride At All?

Alk

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Because you're literally stating that Finasteride does the opposite of what every single study says it does.
Actually most studies comment on androgen upregulation its just reported after you stop. Its what most refer to as catch up hairloss and it doesnt happen to everyone.

TheGrayMan2001

Reaction score
No, you get "catch up hairloss" because the sensitive follicles are just getting more sensitive all the time while your DHT is suppressed to near 0. The minute you let DHT loose, it dies fast.

Alk

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
No, you get "catch up hairloss" because the sensitive follicles are just getting more sensitive all the time while your DHT is suppressed to near 0. The minute you let DHT loose, it dies fast.
Your saying finasteride cant cause ar upregulation but thats not true at all and no one disputes that

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Is there good data on androgen receptor upregulation?

TheGrayMan2001

Reaction score
I really have not seen anything on that. I have seen a few studies people have posted about mice getting upregulation when exposed to certain things for a long period of time, but those studies have never been about humans, hair loss, or anything of the sort.

I really think the upregulation thing is a myth until we see studies proving otherwise. If you have any good ones, Alk, please post.

TheGrayMan2001

Reaction score
That study is a good start but it doesn't even come close to anything conclusive. It just says they think there might be some upregulation in the prostate. They still don't even know, it is just worth another study.

Alk

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Its nothing new, if upregulation didnt happen then male pattern baldness would always be at the same rate. Its not like people who lose theor hair have high dht, they can have normal to low ranges. The idea of upregulation is still not disputed. The purpose of the study was to test their hypothesis, it says finasteride effected expression of ar in the prostate where there is the most 5 ar2.

wannamyhairback

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
After searching for related threads and experiences on multiple forums for so long I have not been able to find ONE single finasteride user who ACTUALLY recovered from a dreaded persistent Reflex-Hyperandrogenicity.

After quitting finasteride for 7 months these sebum, itching, inflammation, shedding that NEVER stop have driven me desperate and are sending me on the edge. Nothing helps. The prescription shampoos don't help. Hydrocortisone doesn't help. Keto and SeS2 don't help and everything that were supposed to help just make my scalp ten times worse.

(On top of that I'm having terrible sleep and oscillating libido. I turn into a fatigued zombie for some days while the others I wake up in the middle of the night with rock hard erection and a burning scalp preventing me from sleep at all. I became so sensitive to any hormonal change that even having one glass of soy milk made me feel poisoned.)

Can't imagine how life could be so hard.

I feel the need to tag @Dench57 @buckthorn @Ziggyz123 How's life going for you? How do you even deal with this sh*t??

Would there be anything to help setting back my hormonal balance? Intermittent fasting?? Healthy lifestyle and exercising etc. ? I can't even go to the gym anymore because every time I do my scalp gets ten times worse right after.

I really can't imagine living the rest of my life like this anymore. Sorry for being so incoherent.

Hey i checked your last activity and am glad to see you are still around. Can you please tell me if you have already managed to solve this problem. i experienced the symptoms you were mentioning. I took four days off from finasteride and then increased the dosage to see what happens. For the record i believe that in that four days i lost insane amount of black terminal thick hairs. My amazing regrowth basically disappeared in a matter of months. but i was losing ground anyway.

folfoxorack

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
There is no cure ?

May high dose of estradiol can reverse the process ? Itchy scalp makes me crazy ... I'm not Cyproterone (25mg eod + Bicalutamide 25mg eod + Dutasteride (1mg everyday, too low now ...) ... I don't know what to do, except increase Dutasteride (2mg, but that means : no libido at all, 0 libido, sex drive : non-existant).
I'm sure Reflex-hyperandrogenicity actually exists ... I can't think about a solution :/ 10 years ago Dutasteride was enough and I didn't have itchy scalp ... my body is fighting and wants me bald :D

kungfukenny

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Despite reading some people saying things like this, I really don't think I believe it. No studies really ever showed people getting worse off in any statistically significant numbers. People always continued the same rate of loss at worst.

The only way things get worse is if your 5AR blocker is fake, or you were just going to continue balding and DHT reduction cannot save you.
It happened to me. Trust me it is real.

kungfukenny

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It actually makes a lot of sense why things would get worse. Your body is in shock from the suppression of 5-ar, therefore to compensate your body upregulates expression of androgen receptors (remaining 5-ar create more DHT or tissue sensitivity to hormones is increased). There was even a study on it for prostate treatment with finasteride:
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21557276

I actually think everyone has upregulation on finasteride, but some people's upregulates too much, which results in hyperandrogenicity.
Is there any way to lower it back down?

imsupercereal

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey guys, so I'm at a crossroads with my hair loss and I could really use some advice from users who have taken Finasteride. I've been on finasteride for 8 months (1.25 mg/day generic) and during this time I have experienced accelerated hair loss across the entire top of my head, and my sides have gotten noticeably thinner. Additionally, I have experienced increased scalp oil, chronic mild testicular pain (has never gone away), increased ejaculatory volume, and decreased thickness of facial hair. I'm really worried that I might have reflex hypoandrogenicity, and I'm very close to just quitting finasteride altogether and relying on minoxidil/dermastamp/massage protocol for preventing further hairloss. Any suggestions? Is recovery from reflex hypoandrogenicity possible?

alibaba92

My Regimen
Reaction score
Overall density much worse than baseline but more stable in the past one year on low dose finasteride, hairline pretty much ruined and still receding.

That sucks man. Btw, I am quite confused with your story. In the dermarolling thread, you said that you are stabilized with finasteride and shed like hell when dermarolling ?

Btw, considering that you stay in China, why not try some research chemicals like seti, CB or RU ? At least, your shipment wont be seized by the customs ?

WMQ

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
That sucks man. Btw, I am quite confused with your story. In the dermarolling thread, you said that you are stabilized with finasteride and shed like hell when dermarolling ?

Btw, considering that you stay in China, why not try some research chemicals like seti, CB or RU ? At least, your shipment wont be seized by the customs ?
Huh I forgot to update my profile. I'm living in US right now. BTW you actually cannot get your hands on CB, RU etc. in China at least not from Kane. He refuses to sell to China obviously due to his business being based in China and his fear of getting into legal disputes. I tried RU, got horrible sides including insane chest pain and dead pennis. Same with CB only that it was better than RU.

And yes what I said in the needling thread was also true. My density was still at full head level prior to needling but since starting needling I've been shedding like a dog and my hair is noticeably thinner at certain part. Hairline keeps receding btw.

alibaba92

My Regimen
Reaction score
Huh I forgot to update my profile. I'm living in US right now. BTW you actually cannot get your hands on CB, RU etc. in China at least not from Kane. He refuses to sell to China obviously due to his business being based in China and his fear of getting into legal disputes. I tried RU, got horrible sides including insane chest pain and dead pennis. Same with CB only that it was better than RU.

And yes what I said in the needling thread was also true. My density was still at full head level prior to needling but since starting needling I've been shedding like a dog and my hair is noticeably thinner at certain part. Hairline keeps receding btw.

What is your regimen now if i may ask ?

Btw, can we get CB RU directly from chinese source like wuhan, lyphar, etc. in china ? I am thinking of travelling to China for holiday and get some for myself, not sure if it is legal or not

WMQ

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What is your regimen now if i may ask ?

Btw, can we get CB RU directly from chinese source like wuhan, lyphar, etc. in china ? I am thinking of travelling to China for holiday and get some for myself, not sure if it is legal or not
Regimen: 0.25mg oral finasteride, 5% compounded minoxidil with progesterone and topical finasteride etc. once daily (I use standard minoxidil in place of this from time to time due to sides, check my other thread), needling on full scalp once weekly or bi-weekly depending on scalp condition.

You can buy from those companies in US anyways, just send an email and they would be more than happy to get back to you. I did it before. I remain skeptical to the purity and legitimacy of them though, even to Kane.