Has Anyone Recovered From A Reflex-hyperandrogenicity From Finasteride At All?

Ismael

My Regimen
Reaction score
Regimen: 0.25mg oral finasteride, 5% compounded minoxidil with progesterone and topical finasteride etc. once daily (I use standard minoxidil in place of this from time to time due to sides, check my other thread), needling on full scalp once weekly or bi-weekly depending on scalp condition.

You can buy from those companies in US anyways, just send an email and they would be more than happy to get back to you. I did it before. I remain skeptical to the purity and legitimacy of them though, even to Kane.
Yo dude i hope you can reply to me, I did not read all of it but i just wanne say few things and hope you have some tips for me, I am 20 years old taking finas for 4 month before those 4 month i whas losing hair for 2 month till this day my hair loss goth only worse, the BACK of my head (donor area) And the SIDES are more worse then evry other part wich is really weird i think i have reflex hyper, I whas using 1 mg finas then for 2 weeks a half dose and now am using 0,25 mg please help me what should i do from now on? Sorry for my bad english

WMQ

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yo dude i hope you can reply to me, I did not read all of it but i just wanne say few things and hope you have some tips for me, I am 20 years old taking finas for 4 month before those 4 month i whas losing hair for 2 month till this day my hair loss goth only worse, the BACK of my head (donor area) And the SIDES are more worse then evry other part wich is really weird i think i have reflex hyper, I whas using 1 mg finas then for 2 weeks a half dose and now am using 0,25 mg please help me what should i do from now on? Sorry for my bad english
My thoughts are:
1. Do you have photo evidence proving to yourself that you are thinning even on sides and back?
2. Are you experiencing other bad signs, such as oilier skin, higher libido, itchy scalp, etc.?

If so, I would advise going down on a lwee dose, or possibly stop taking it for a while then restart on a low dose and see how it goes. Temporarily thinner hair itself is not enough evidence as it is common for finasteride starters. If you experience clear signs of higher androgen activities then it's a different story. Otherwise you should not arrive at the belief that you have reflex hyperandrogenesity so soon. Besides, taking a irregular dose can be really bad as if sends your body into panic mode and you will be hard to stablize health and hair wise. Just keep that in mind.

Ismael

My Regimen
Reaction score
My thoughts are:
1. Do you have photo evidence proving to yourself that you are thinning even on sides and back?
2. Are you experiencing other bad signs, such as oilier skin, higher libido, itchy scalp, etc.?

If so, I would advise going down on a lwee dose, or possibly stop taking it for a while then restart on a low dose and see how it goes. Temporarily thinner hair itself is not enough evidence as it is common for finasteride starters. If you experience clear signs of higher androgen activities then it's a different story. Otherwise you should not arrive at the belief that you have reflex hyperandrogenesity so soon. Besides, taking a irregular dose can be really bad as if sends your body into panic mode and you will be hard to stablize health and hair wise. Just keep that in mind.
Thanks for your reply, I dont have old pics of my hair but they are without a doubt much much worse then before finas the sides has small little bald spots and the back is also more thin then the top als one side of my hair line is receding i had really thick strong dark hair, i decided to get a buzz cut without a fade buzzed it by my self,The reason i can see that this isnt a shedding is it looks like i whent to the barber and got a fade cutt because the side are much thinner then the top, And very very little oily skin libido kinda the same and i had a itchy burning scalp but that also disapeard when i cut all of my hair, But my scalp at some places is still red,the momment i took finas my shedding never stopt so basically am losing my hair now for 7 month straight.

Harv

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi i experienced the same reaction to finastride, had a thick set of long hair with a bit of thinning, 9 days into the meds shed/hair fell out in the top of my head during the shower. It has completely ruined my hair whilst my scalp feels thin. It definately accelerated hair loss, a trichologist said it cant have and that it was a concidence but i know for a fact it caused hair loss over 10day period i took it. I also had all those symptoms that you guyshave mentioned of oily scalp and increased libido.

Harv

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Dud its fucked up they should have some sort of warning about it before 'hair experts' start telling you to take it cause it keeps your hair and slows down mbp and the worst thing is these hair experts are so arrogant in there response when you mention to them that you had a bad reaction to it, some trichologist told me 'that its not possible couldnt of been the finastride'
Im also only 2weeks into it
My hair before 1st pic
My hair now 2nd&3rd

Attachments

• Point Blur_Feb012019_151646-1.jpg
    Point Blur_Feb012019_151646-1.jpg
    178.9 KB · Views: 332
  • Point Blur_Feb022019_102013.jpg
    Point Blur_Feb022019_102013.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 320
  • Point Blur_Jan312019_234740.jpg
    Point Blur_Jan312019_234740.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 321

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
Dude almost the same situation. I thought I was ‘catching it’ earlier, taking a risk to save my hair and it destroyed my hair in just a few months. Now I don’t know what to do:

Keep going and hope it recovers at least 6 months

Stop and hope I recover

Jump in front of a train

Harv

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thats the thing ive already done the damage so might aswell carry on taking it.
I dont see how ita going to get better though, healthy hair feels like its been fryed. How is it that going to reverse itself. I guess it needs to fall of first and wait for the next hairs to grow

inmyhead

Reaction score
Dud its fucked up they should have some sort of warning about it before 'hair experts' start telling you to take it cause it keeps your hair and slows down mbp and the worst thing is these hair experts are so arrogant in there response when you mention to them that you had a bad reaction to it, some trichologist told me 'that its not possible couldnt of been the finastride'
My hair before 1st pic
My hair now 2nd&3rd

This is bullshit. There is no way finasteride damaged your already grown hair. Do you even know how hair grows? It grows from the roots, not from the tips. Hair is dead material.

Harv

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This is bullshit. There is no way finasteride damaged your already grown hair. Do you even know how hair grows? It grows from the roots, not from the tips. Hair is dead material.

As another memeber pointed out i think quite accurately "Finasteride is a shotgun approach at combating hair loss. Any follicles that are destined to be attacked by dht, will be allievated"
In my case and many others my healthy hair follices have rapidly come out as the fina has triggered those hairs to become sensitive to dht now rather than instead of later down the line. In my view it has already damaged grown hair and just has accelerated mbp. Once my predispoed hairs fall of then perhaps it may stabilize but that does the opposite of maintaining my hair.

inmyhead

Reaction score
As another memeber pointed out i think quite accurately "Finasteride is a shotgun approach at combating hair loss. Any follicles that are destined to be attacked by dht, will be allievated"
In my case and many others my healthy hair follices have rapidly come out as the fina has triggered those hairs to become sensitive to dht now rather than instead of later down the line. In my view it has already damaged grown hair and just has accelerated mbp. Once my predispoed hairs fall of then perhaps it may stabilize but that does the opposite of maintaining my hair.
Your explanation doesn't make any sense. You are claiming that finasteride damaged you existing hair in 2 weeks and fried them. That's just not possible.

Harv

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Your explanation doesn't make any sense. You are claiming that finasteride damaged you existing hair in 2 weeks and fried them. That's just not possible.

Not sure why you are trying to discredit what iam saying if it happened to me.
So just coincendentally 2 days into taking finastride my hair texture changed to really dry thin and brittle and started to fall out?
So please give me a logical explanation as to why this happened?
Have you not read the reason why people get reflex hyper and what it does to there hair. Finastride can significantly raise the upregelation of androgen receptors increase rapidly in days.
If you have low dht levels and you are losing hair then finasteride won't do anything for you, it might make it worse because your body will compensate for the lowered dht levels by up regulating your androgen receptors, receptors that were already sensitive to androgens only way more so now.
I had slight thinning and little hair loss before i took it but still had the start of mbp.

Last edited:

mannyFJ

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
My hair before 1st pic
My hair now 2nd&3rd
dude that sucks...i kinda had a jon snow hair going on but being on finasteride for about 10 months has destroyed my hair density by over 50% so now i have to cut it a lot shorter as thinning hair on top of your head and long hair looks stupid.

mannyFJ

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
bs? i went to having good coverage and density to lots of hair fallouts, slow growth to no growth to miniaturization of hair follicles...i had good hair coverage prior to finasteride and i been on finasteride about 10 months. whats bs is you discredit lots of ppl having these sides on finasteride..not everyone is gonna react the same way to a drug - thats just ignorant.

inmyhead

Reaction score
Not sure why you are trying to discredit what iam saying if it happened to me.
So just coincendentally 2 days into taking finastride my hair texture changed to really dry thin and brittle and started to fall out?
So please give me a logical explanation as to why this happened?
Have you not read the reason why people get reflex hyper and what it does to there hair. Finastride can significantly raise the upregelation of androgen receptors increase rapidly in days.
If you have low dht levels and you are losing hair then finasteride won't do anything for you, it might make it worse because your body will compensate for the lowered dht levels by up regulating your androgen receptors, receptors that were already sensitive to androgens only way more so now.
I had slight thinning and little hair loss before i took it but still had the start of mbp.

Explain to me, how can finasteride change your hair texture, if hair grows from the root?

bs? i went to having good coverage and density to lots of hair fallouts, slow growth to no growth to miniaturization of hair follicles...i had good hair coverage prior to finasteride and i been on finasteride about 10 months. whats bs is you discredit lots of ppl having these sides on finasteride..not everyone is gonna react the same way to a drug - thats just ignorant.

He is saying that his hair texture changed two days after taking finasteride. That is not same thing as your story.

mannyFJ

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
My thoughts are:

I gradually took up to 1mg a day but due to Telogen Effluvium or whatever at 7 months - I gradually reduced it .25 mg and now take it only on days: Monday-Wednesday-Friday and my scalp is more calm and hair loss still there just less (also implemented min which makes me look less like a chemo patient having thinning hair) and i'm close to my 1 year marker on finasteride just a couple of months to go - i am still on the fence on this finasteride crap though...i lost over 50 percent density and hair miniaturization compared to prior finasteride use

mannyFJ

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Regimen: 0.25mg oral finasteride, 5% compounded minoxidil with progesterone and topical finasteride etc. once daily (I use standard minoxidil in place of this from time to time due to sides, check my other thread), needling on full scalp once weekly or bi-weekly depending on scalp condition.

You can buy from those companies in US anyways, just send an email and they would be more than happy to get back to you. I did it before. I remain skeptical to the purity and legitimacy of them though, even to Kane.
my bad but which thread? you have so many?

Harv

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
dude that sucks...i kinda had a jon snow hair going on but being on finasteride for about 10 months has destroyed my hair density by over 50% so now i have to cut it a lot shorter as thinning hair on top of your head and long hair looks stupid.

Exactly its looks stupid and its even worse to here that you and other people have been on it for many months and it didnt improve which dosent give me much hope that is going to improve and the sad thing i still plan on taking it whilst my balls have a mild ache from it im constantly horny and get quite bad hot flashes.

Last edited:

Harv

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Explain to me, how can finasteride change your hair texture, if hair grows from the root?

He is saying that his hair texture changed two days after taking finasteride. That is not same thing as your story.

I wish i knew how that could scientifically happen. All i know is that it my hairs are much thinner, perhaps because the dht went into overdrive at one point and killed of some of the weaker hairs and also attacked the strong ones aswell which caused my whole hair texture to change.
I will try upload a photo of one as i can see it quite clearly when i shed it has gone from being thick at the roots to gradually thinner as it works it way back up.

Jeju

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
There's hope guys. I've been off finasteride for 6 weeks now and my hair is definitely looking better. I shaved my head a week after quitting and my hair started to grow back thicker almost immediately. I'll update with pictures in a couple months when my hair is longer. I'm probably baseline, which feels like winning the lottery after a year on that shitty drug - what a joke.