Harrie,I need a new routin

G

incline and decline is a waste of time you cant isolate your muscle like that.. thats a big myth

CCS

Reaction score
even though my muscles feel alright, my joints still are not keeping up. I think 15 sets may be too much. I think I'm just going to alternate days. Some days I'll do incline, others decline.

heavy day: different angles on different days
3x8
3x8
or
5x8
5-6 sets total

light day
3x15
3x15
3x15
or
3x15
5x15
8-9 sets total

It is easy to get over zelous, but my joints can only go as fast as they can go. Today I did some bench, and my wrists held up, but I felt a pain near my left colar bone by the shoulder, so I stopped and just did 30 minutes of abs.

the nice thing about stopping at the first sign of joint pain is I can start right up the next time, instead of taking weeks off.

G

pain near your collar bone .. how high are you bench pressing?? above your nipples? or bellow?? shoulder height?

hair today gone tomorrow

Reaction score
rambotera said:
incline and decline is a waste of time you cant isolate your muscle like that.. thats a big myth

are you a f*****g retard? your upper chest and lower chest are two different muscles...pectoralis major and pectoralis minor

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl= ... n%26sa%3DG
http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl= ... n%26sa%3DG

dont talk about sh*t that you have no clue about.

hair today gone tomorrow

Reaction score
rambotera said:
colledgechemistrystudent you are 100% right you see every idiot throws there two cents in when it comes to weight training i think its a macho thing ..Its stupid though because its very confusing for poeple like us when these suposside "pros" talking about back down sets and all that crap..man where not ronnie colemans to worry about these things.... this way of training the same bodypart 3 times a week is way too much ..why not just train each bodypart hard once a week with real effort...trust me colledge chemistry student if you have 40 doallrs too spare get the book BEYOND BRAUN and dont worry what some people on the net say because you will get 1 million diferent opinions from people who dont know $#iT ...

wow...just shut up....the rep scheme doesnt matter as long as your consistently adding weight to the bar and eating enough...progressive overload.

youre telling me if i did 5 sets of 210 and the next week i did 5 sets of 215 and so on and so on....i wouldnt get any bigger? get the F*ck outta here.
Bill Starr must be a moron.

The only guy on this forum that seems to know anything bout training is harie.

CCS

Reaction score
rambotera said:
pain near your collar bone .. how high are you bench pressing?? above your nipples? or bellow?? shoulder height?

I might have it above my nipples. I don't remember. I know it should be above my shoulders, but that might not be where I have it.

And for my wrists, I have to put all the weight on my thumb webbing to keep them straight. That is not comfortable. If I palm the bar with bent wrists, my wrists get hurt.

hair today gone tomorrow

Reaction score
collegechemistrystudent said:
rambotera said:

I might have it above my nipples. I don't remember. I know it should be above my shoulders, but that might not be where I have it.

And for my wrists, I have to put all the weight on my thumb webbing to keep them straight. That is not comfortable. If I palm the bar with bent wrists, my wrists get hurt.

when flat benching, bring the par to your nipple or just below your nipples...wrap your thumb around the bar and keep the bar inline (co-linear) with your forearms.

Keep your elbows tucked ( no more than 45-60 deg from your torse) keep them all the way out puts stress on your RC's.

CCS

Reaction score
hair today gone tomorrow said:
rambotera said:

when flat benching, bring the par to your nipple or just below your nipples...wrap your thumb around the bar and keep the bar inline (co-linear) with your forearms.

Keep your elbows tucked ( no more than 45-60 deg from your torse) keep them all the way out puts stress on your RC's.

Hairy told me the same thing. But if I tuck my elbows, that makes the exercise a compound should/tricept lift, not a compound chest/tricept lift.

hair today gone tomorrow

Reaction score
hair today gone tomorrow said:
rambotera said:

Hairy told me the same thing. But if I tuck my elbows, that makes the exercise a compound should/tricept lift, not a compound chest/tricept lift.

No...it still uses the tricep shoulders AND chest. Dont completely tuck them , use a nice compromise. keeping them out at 90 (to your torso) puts a lot of stress on your RCs ....when your older you dont wanna have shoulder problems do you? Personally, id say IM at 45 degrees...completely tucked like a powerlifter would be the safest however.

You will still work your chest sufficiently as long as your grip is slightly wider than shoulder width...make sure your also doing incline (db are my favorite for these) and weighted dips with your chin tucked so your looking down.

IMO, barbell bench press will always be about triceps and shoulders first and then chest. Keep in mind for some people just doing barbell bench will DO WONDERS for their chest and in others it wont be a great chest builder...everyone is wired differently...some people are CHEST pushers and others are delt and tri pushers...(im a delt and tri pusher) theres nothing you can do about that....just continually try to addd weight....if your benching a respectable weight, whether your elbows are tucked or not you will have a decent sized chest. (ive never seen a keep repping 225 on bench press with a small / undeveloped chest have you?)

CCS

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure if tuck my arms, my bench press weight will drop by half. Every guy in my gym is doing it wrong then with their arms out to their sides. Alright. I need bigger shoulders anyway. I'll just have to work my chest with my bicepts by pulling cables together.

I think I'll do my tricept/chest/delt for 30 minutes, go home eat, get my glycogen back, let cortisol drop, and then go back to the gym that same day for my bicepts, since I can't separate them from my chest if I have to do cables. Then I can just do this upper body every 4 days and have some off days, like
Day 1: upper body
Day 2: legs and abs
Day 3: off
Day 4:legs and abs
repeat

PowerSam, is that at all like your routine?

CCS

Reaction score
HTGT, what do you think of butterflies, and dumble flies?

They isolate the chest, instead of being compound, but do they stress any thing, like RC? I'm still a bit upset that my favorite compound lift for chest just got turned into a delt/tri lift.

OK, if bench press is bad, does that mean push ups are too? They are practically the same thing, just lighter, right? And the shoulder blades are not pressed against anything.

hair today gone tomorrow

Reaction score
HTGT, what do you think of butterflies, and dumble flies?

They isolate the chest, instead of being compound, but do they stress any thing, like RC? I'm still a bit upset that my favorite compound lift for chest just got turned into a delt/tri lift.

OK, if bench press is bad, does that mean push ups are too? They are practically the same thing, just lighter, right? And the shoulder blades are not pressed against anything.

personally Im not a BIG fan of flies...even tho i do them from time to time... I solations are not your best bet for size, however that is just my opinion. They are save for the RCs but you have to be carefull for your elbows...make sure you keep a slight bend in your elbows.

Bench isnt bad...just do it right. Let me tell you something...any excercise where your body is moving in space (i.e. push-ups, pull-ups, squats, dips, deadlifts) are THE BEST excercise....push-ups are actually a better builder than bench pressing the PROBLEM IS its very difficult to continually add weight to the exercise. ..what i used to do is put 45lb plates on my back OR better yet put weights in a backpack and do push-ups...see how hard it gets :D

Base your workouts around compound lifts...do these first and then if you wish add some isolations at the end.

For the average guy I think a great chest workout is:

flat barbell bench
incline dumbbell bench (my favorite for chest) kepe the incline low...like roughly 15-30 degrees
and WEIGHTED dips with your head down and chin tucked in.

Then if you want you can either dumbbell flies / pec dec / or cable flies.

G

Whats wrong hairtodaygonetomorrow are you cut because you know your getting owned and you dont know sh*t ??? ..You think your so smart dont you ..I wasnt saying forget about incline all together ..I was saying forget it for now.. This guys obviously a novice and he needs to only do flatbench for now untill he gains some serious size, then after he has gained some good size in hes chest he should add Incline bench press and Pec deck flys...And there you go again you absolute fuckwitt telling him bench flies are safe!! if he wear to use serious weight he could tear a rotator cuff from benchflies you dumb f***..Man you are getting owned none stop by me..You truely dont know anything about safe training you are a fool .And as for you colledge student how can you take advice from someone whos a clamined bodybuilder and only weighs 160 pounds ?? id love to see your pic hairgonetoday !!you sound like a pencil neck to me

hair today gone tomorrow

Reaction score
rambotera said:
Whats wrong hairtodaygonetomorrow are you cut because you know your getting owned and you dont know $#iT ??? ..You think your so smart dont you ..I wasnt saying forget about incline all together ..I was saying forget it for now.. This guys obviously a novice and he needs to only do flatbench for now untill he gains some serious size, then after he has gained some good size in hes chest he should add Incline bench press and Pec deck flys...And there you go again you absolute fuckwitt telling him bench flies are safe!! if he wear to use serious weight he could tear a rotator cuff from benchflies you dumb f***..Man you are getting owned none stop by me..You truely dont know anything about safe training you are a fool .And as for you colledge student how can you take advice from someone whos a clamined bodybuilder and only weighs 160 pounds ?? id love to see your pic hairgonetoday !!you sound like a pencil neck to me

lol...the upper pec is one of the hardest muscle to build...as a matter of fact id recommend he does that first and then do flat or dips...the lower pec is a lot easier to stimulate.

I dotn claim to be a bodybuilder...im pretty happy with my size...i actually quit training for awhile...i started up a few months ago...Im not trying to get huge. My neck is 15.5 inches btw...i wouldnt call that pencil but ok.

hair today gone tomorrow

Reaction score
rambotera said:

you just siad here its A WASTE OF TIME...and you cant isolate a muscle....you didn't even say it was two different muscle with different attachment heads.

I think you were owned.

G

the pec musles are two..pectoralis major and minor .. thats old news dip sh*t ...he doesnt need all that extra incline work now, if he is benching properly on a flat bench he will develop hes whole chest.. especially if he adds dips to it.... he can add incline later along with pec deck work ...now like i said in my other post ive owned you enouth and i have a life to get to unlike yourself .... You 160 pound monster you :freaked2:

G

lol hairtodaygonetomorrow i think you should change your username to keyboard warrior