Harrie,I need a new routin

CCS

Reaction score
hair today gone tomorrow said:
rambotera said:
incline and decline is a waste of time you cant isolate your muscle like that.. thats a big myth

you just siad here its A WASTE OF TIME...and you cant isolate a muscle....you didn't even say it was two different muscle with different attachment heads.

I think you were owned.

I'd sure hate it if people could see the definition between the top and bottom pec. That would look so gyno.

Harie

Experienced Member
Reaction score
rambotera said:
and 5 reps isnt enouth to gain good size its basically strength training only , try 8 to 12 with 4 sets but like i said get the book man...spend 40 bucks for a lifetime of knowledge from a REAL PRO ..

When you first start training, just looking at a weight will make you bigger. If you have no strength, there's no point doing 8 - 12 reps. Sure, you can bench 75lbs 12x when you 1st start. Who cares since you weigh 160lbs. Gain some strength & muscle, grow from a newb to an intermediate lifter, then hit up the 8 - 12 rep periodization programs.

If 5 reps doesn't gain you any size,why are there hundreds of Starting Strength, 5x5, 10x3, Dual factor theory logs where people put on 10 - 25lbs of mostly muscle super quick?

Hell, I read one guy's SS log and he went from a 198lb DL to a 500lb DL in 6 months. And from a 175lb squat to a 400lb squat in the same time. Gained 29lbs of pretty much all muscle in that time also.

And CCS - why are you so worried about your bench? You want to gain weight and add weight to all your lifts? Gain the muscle in your legs above all. Big DL/Squat transfers over to every other lift.

I'll bet if you did nothing but squat/DL for a month and didn't do 1 other lift, you'd come back and be able to bench more than you ever could before.

It's interesting how some of your argument is that HTGT only weighs 160lbs and is 1" shorter than avg. Equating knowledge to size = no-no. Shaq must know more than God about lifting since he's 7'3" and is 300lbs.

hair today gone tomorrow

Reaction score
Harie said:
rambotera said:
and 5 reps isnt enouth to gain good size its basically strength training only , try 8 to 12 with 4 sets but like i said get the book man...spend 40 bucks for a lifetime of knowledge from a REAL PRO ..

When you first start training, just looking at a weight will make you bigger. If you have no strength, there's no point doing 8 - 12 reps. Sure, you can bench 75lbs 12x when you 1st start. Who cares since you weigh 160lbs. Gain some strength & muscle, grow from a newb to an intermediate lifter, then hit up the 8 - 12 rep periodization programs.

If 5 reps doesn't gain you any size,why are there hundreds of Starting Strength, 5x5, 10x3, Dual factor theory logs where people put on 10 - 25lbs of mostly muscle super quick?

Hell, I read one guy's SS log and he went from a 198lb DL to a 500lb DL in 6 months. And from a 175lb squat to a 400lb squat in the same time. Gained 29lbs of pretty much all muscle in that time also.

And CCS - why are you so worried about your bench? You want to gain weight and add weight to all your lifts? Gain the muscle in your legs above all. Big DL/Squat transfers over to every other lift.

I'll bet if you did nothing but squat/DL for a month and didn't do 1 other lift, you'd come back and be able to bench more than you ever could before.

It's interesting how some of your argument is that HTGT only weighs 160lbs and is 1" shorter than avg. Equating knowledge to size = no-no. Shaq must know more than God about lifting since he's 7'3" and is 300lbs.

Thats what im saying...size means nothing....oh bill belichick doesnt know football because he isnt 6ft2 and 250 lbs?

I got up to 168 lbs @10% bodyfat and I was pretty happy with were I was at...I was also studying for classes and working 20-30 hrs a week.

LIke haire was saying rep scheme doesn't matter...what matter is continually ADDING WEIGHT TO THE BAR

IF your doing sets of 5 and every week your adding 5 lbs to the bar...your gettin stronger....if your eating enough...you will also get bigger....

PROGRESSIVE OVERLOAD....

G

ok fair enouth harrie let me ask you this though... Do you think you know more about weight training then Stuart Mcrobert??

G

A man who has wrote mutilple books and is respected the world over..and lets see what you are, a forum member on hairlosstalk.com who has writin no books and is respected by one tool HTGT ...HTGT you act like your harries b**ch, is there something going on there we should all know about mate?

Harie

Experienced Member
Reaction score
rambotera said:
ok fair enouth harrie let me ask you this though... Do you think you know more about weight training then Stuart Mcrobert??

Are you saying you know more about weight training than Bill Starr, Mark Rippetoe & Lon Kilgore?

Harie

Experienced Member
Reaction score
rambotera said:
is there something going on there we should all know about mate?

Well, since we both lift weights, we must be gay lovers. Just too much coincidence to be anything other... :roll:

hair today gone tomorrow

Reaction score
rambotera said:
A man who has wrote mutilple books and is respected the world over..and lets see what you are, a forum member on hairlosstalk.com who has writin no books and is respected by one tool HTGT ...HTGT you act like your harries b****, is there something going on there we should all know about mate?

no...just from what ive read on here...he is the only one that knows anything about weight training...

You obviously don't know anything about it.