Hair Today Hair Tomorrow Hair Forever

LouisSarkozy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Most of the minoxidil sides are probably mediated by upregulation of PGF2a.

I had terrible facial bloating when I was using topical minoxidil 4 times a day. I didn't get it as badly from oral minoxidil, but I was using a diuretic along with it. PGE2 or minoxidil, pick your poison. I wouldn't even hazard a guess as to which one will be worse on your skin.

.25mg is nothing. I doubt that doctor is seeing better results with that than 5% topical except in topical non-responders.
can i pm you if you don't mind? and i guess i'm fucked then since minoxidil destroy my face but does pge2 at least won't cause any shed and won't make hair dependent in the way minoxidil does since its supposed to only lengthen anagen or am i getting confused with pgf2a?

sorry to bother you with that but i'm really trying to bypass the skin sides and find the best growth stimulant i can with the least amount of sideds since minoxidil is definitely not an option for me

could adenosine be a safest alternative to all these 3? i know the poster idealforehead thought it was detrimental to the skin but it seems to be used in some skins cosmetics and anti aging product so i don't really know what to think

Last edited:

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
can i pm you if you don't mind? and i guess i'm fucked then since minoxidil destroy my face but does pge2 at least won't cause any shed and won't make hair dependent in the way minoxidil does since its supposed to only lengthen anagen or am i getting confused with pgf2a?

sorry to bother you with that but i'm really trying to bypass the skin sides and find the best growth stimulant i can with the least amount of sideds since minoxidil is definitely not an option for me

could adenosine be a safest alternative to all these 3? i know the poster idealforehead thought it was detrimental to the skin but it seems to be used in some skins cosmetics and anti aging product so i don't really know what to think

Sure. They all just initiate and lengthen the anagen phase. None of them alone are potent enough to reverse the gene transcription changes that DHT causes. As soon as you take away the drug the boost those hairs are getting is gone. Microneedling seems to change this. I'm not sure about adenosine. I've used it, but in conjunction with minoxidil. It's popular in Japan, so maybe a Japanese member of the forum could tell you if people are noticing skin sides with it.

Capone

My Regimen
Reaction score
Just get a transplant and then maintain with topical duta and a growth stim.

LouisSarkozy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Just get a transplant and then maintain with topical duta and a growth stim.
man i wasn't even able to maintain my hairline on oral duta+ RU , the only thing that was working for me and my bro was a huge dose ( 10 ml of topical minoxidil) . i got the shittiest hair genes ever honestly i'm fucked i think. sad things is that i started treating my hairloss as a nw1 with finasteride right away thinking i was good to go but well...

polishkickbuttowski

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
man i wasn't even able to maintain my hairline on oral duta+ RU , the only thing that was working for me and my bro was a huge dose ( 10 ml of topical minoxidil) . i got the shittiest hair genes ever honestly i'm fucked i think. sad things is that i started treating my hairloss as a nw1 with finasteride right away thinking i was good to go but well...
Maybe the ru you got was fake. If not you should think about accepting baldness and getting a hair piece rather than ruin your hormones and skin fighting a losing battle.

Analogies

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I decided to quit oral minoxidil for good. There's no point having hair if it makes my skin look awful, and I don't like all the body hair growth. I'm back on topical minoxidil now, and hoping the sides will reverse. I also started using topical estradiol, but I don't think I'll be able to tolerate that for long. I just want to speed things up so I can go ahead and get a transplant.
This makes me sad to hear. I was hoping you wouldn't need a transplant with the progress you've made thus far.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
An observation that might be of interest is that the area of scalp where I've seen the most impressive regrowth is an area where I have chronic inflammation. That spot has gone from almost slick bald to nearly full density. The only caveat is that most of the hair shafts are thin, but they are getting thicker. This must have something to do with the immune system. Maybe it's as simple as gamma delta t cells producing fgf9? Here is an interesting paper on the immune system's role in HF regeneration that might hold some clues. If I could figure out what's special about this one spot, and replicate it throughout the rest of my scalp I'd be cured.

Selb

My Regimen
Reaction score
An observation that might be of interest is that the area of scalp where I've seen the most impressive regrowth is an area where I have chronic inflammation. That spot has gone from almost slick bald to nearly full density. The only caveat is that most of the hair shafts are thin, but they are getting thicker. This must have something to do with the immune system. Maybe it's as simple as gamma delta t cells producing fgf9? Here is an interesting paper on the immune system's role in HF regeneration that might hold some clues. If I could figure out what's special about this one spot, and replicate it throughout the rest of my scalp I'd be cured.

But if your regimen is being used across your entire scalp how would you even isolate what’s going on to that one part and apply it to the rest? Are you saying that that one part has something special about it in your immune system?

Where is that one spot btw?

Selb

My Regimen
Reaction score
My right temple. Something to do with the inflammation.

Maybe this chronic inflammation is a sign of tregs in the area.

wislow9

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Great result. I had not seen this post , there are a thousand products you use ...
In reference to vehicle , I can not use PG because gives me dermatitis . In my solutions i always use this vehicle: ethanol(45%) + Methylidinoglycerol= c4h8o3 (35%) that replaces Pg + distilled water(20%) , can serve this vehicle in your protocol ¿? do you recommend adding few DMSO too ¿?

In reference to wnt signaling activators (estriol , chir , way ...) , you plan to use them continuously as dutasteride or Ru , or it is convenient to make stops for short periods ¿?

wislow9

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
DMSO is necessary to dissolve WAY at the dose I'm using. It is also a very strong penetration enhancer. If you don't use WAY or use a lower dose then you can do without DMSO. You can use distilled water as long as you aren't using PGE2. It will degrade overnight if you use that much water. There are lots of things you can substitute for PG, that's not a big deal.
Until now I dissolved WAY in Methylidinoglycerol + ethanol , and i had to prick it with a chopstick , and removed too. It took more than an hour to dissolve
I have DMSO that I bought a short time ago. I will start to use it these days

dgadgdea

My Regimen
Reaction score
any update on reversal of oral minoxidil sides @pegasus2 ?

I just looked at some photos of my forehead about 3 months apart while I've been on oral min. it's official, my skin looks like sh*t. It's hard to describe exactly how it's just like less youthful, less consistently colored, and like less voluminous. Forehead veins are more pronounced etc. Starting to think about getting off it also. I don't feel like I ever responded topical minoxidil though, would you say you were a topical min responder?

Also probably doesn't help that a couple weeks ago I added PGE2, SW, and PGF2A to my topical. By the book that combo should be pretty terrible for skin correct? Just want to know what I'm getting into.

LouisSarkozy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

I just looked at some photos of my forehead about 3 months apart while I've been on oral min. it's official, my skin looks like sh*t. It's hard to describe exactly how it's just like less youthful, less consistently colored, and like less voluminous. Forehead veins are more pronounced etc. Starting to think about getting off it also. I don't feel like I ever responded topical minoxidil though, would you say you were a topical min responder?

Also probably doesn't help that a couple weeks ago I added PGE2, SW, and PGF2A to my topical. By the book that combo should be pretty terrible for skin correct? Just want to know what I'm getting into.
is there any growth stimulant that give somewhat decent results that we could use as an alternatives to prostaglandines analogues one and that won't f*** up our faces?

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score

No change. It takes months to see reversal of minoxidil sides. Yes, it should be bad for skin, but local application is a lot better than oral.

socrates030

My Regimen
Reaction score
I appreciate all the infos you give thank you @pegasus2 now I wanted to order your regimen but I don’t know how many mg of each ingredient I need to buy at once to end up paying around 300$ per month. Could you break that down a little? Did you get a supply for an entire year at once or even for multiple years? Thanks again in advance

Jakejr

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Wow!
I must say you are quite the scientist.
5mg oral Duasteride.. You went all in!
I have to study your regimen closer to really evaluate.
Message me at royalwaters777@yahoo.com
if you have extra batch of your topical mix. Have EBay/PayPal..