Hair Today Hair Tomorrow Hair Forever

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
Oral vs topical finasteride won't make much difference. Just pick one, or both.

Equal Rights

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Oral vs topical finasteride won't make much difference. Just pick one, or both.
Do you know if the sides come from lower DHT levels or something to do with the drug itself? If its DHT levels that cause them, then it is irrelevant how much finasteride you take, since it will always be 70% max serum suppression and the sides will not get any worse beyond that. I normally wouldn't be concerned about sides too much but still in recovery mode so trying to figure this out.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you know if the sides come from lower DHT levels or something to do with the drug itself? If its DHT levels that cause them, then it is irrelevant how much finasteride you take, since it will always be 70% max serum suppression and the sides will not get any worse beyond that. I normally wouldn't be concerned about sides too much but still in recovery mode so trying to figure this out.

Sexual sides come from lower DHT. The cognitive sides come from inhibition of 5-ar.

Canuto

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
In terms of effectiveness, if you were only choosing as a monotherapy without factoring in sides... oral>topical. I think just about everyone on this forum would agree with that.

You're wrong. There are papers who proved this statement false, even at topical concentrations that would mimic the oral dose, and that would be in practice 1/10 roughly of the oral dose, due to absorption factors.
Due to the nature of DHT and the local synthesis of 5-ar, that couldn't be otherwise.
There are caveats though, which are some variables to take in account when dosing from person to person. We have data in our discord channel that has proved the effectiveness of topical to reduce a higher portion of DHT, with the exception of a Spanish guy, who has shown more scalp DHT inhibition through the prolonged usage of the combo oral finasteride + RU58841. So that makes me think that there are some others mechanisms of actions of RU, aside from the receptors binding.

I don't think that 5-ar inhibitors will be effective long term as a monotherapy in many guys anyway.

WaccWaccWacc

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You're wrong. There are papers who proved this statement false, even at topical concentrations that would mimic the oral dose, and that would be in practice 1/10 roughly of the oral dose, due to absorption factors.
Due to the nature of DHT and the local synthesis of 5-ar, that couldn't be otherwise.
There are caveats though, which are some variables to take in account when dosing from person to person. We have data in our discord channel that has proved the effectiveness of topical to reduce a higher portion of DHT, with the exception of a Spanish guy, who has shown more scalp DHT inhibition through the prolonged usage of the combo oral finasteride + RU58841. So that makes me think that there are some others mechanisms of actions of RU, aside from the receptors binding.

I don't think that 5-ar inhibitors will be effective long term as a monotherapy in many guys anyway.
Idk why you continue to leech on my dick. This isnt a competition. Cool dude. Also quit using the word “proved”. You sound like ritchie and mitko.

John Difool

My Regimen
Reaction score
I bought the Bica is safer kool aid After 6 months on Bica, I started losing ground from my initial CPA/spironolactone combo I added Eplerenone for 3 months still with Bica but not much happened then I switched to spironolactone and hair regrowth again. I used Enzalutamide for a couple of months too. All that time I have been on E2. Spironolactone does something magical other AA and MR antagonist don't do. A bit scared to go back to Enzalutamide and Eplerenone because results are very good now.

John Difool

My Regimen
Reaction score
Sexual sides come from lower DHT. The cognitive sides come from inhibition of 5-ar.

I use a T cream on genitals to counteract ED sides and lack of libido. Between this and sildenafil the former is much better. Try it you'll love it. Although Sildenafil is much better for hair.

Ephemeral-Kitten

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I bought the Bica is safer kool aid After 6 months on Bica, I started losing ground from my initial CPA/spironolactone combo I added Eplerenone for 3 months still with Bica but not much happened then I switched to spironolactone and hair regrowth again. I used Enzalutamide for a couple of months too. All that time I have been on E2. Spironolactone does something magical other AA and MR antagonist don't do. A bit scared to go back to Enzalutamide and Eplerenone because results are very good now.
It's hard to say. Since you replaced spironolactone with a stronger AR antagonist and another MR antagonist, it would seem to logically follow that the only thing which was missing from the puzzle was the progestin. Maybe there is something to PPAR theory. Unless you had good results with spironolactone sans CPA in your second attempt, in which case there truly is some magical and until now unknown role which spironolactone plays in mediating hair growth.

John Difool

My Regimen
Reaction score
My regimen (10 days 2ml bid)

WAY-316606 280mg WAY is always added first and warmed to 50°C in order to fully dissolve
Dutasteride 40mg
RU58841 2000mg
SM 30mg
Estriol 400mg
CHIR99021 40mg
Dinoprost 40mg
Bisindolylmaleimide I nope red powder
ASC-J9 none yellow powder
SW033291 40mg
TM 40mg (may lower to 20mg)
PGE2 40mg always added last to minimize degradation

I alternate SAG 30mg every 10 days.

I have to up DMSO to 8ml to dissolve WAY. I dissolve RU separately in Eth.

I also found a study showing benefits with higher OA and Isopropyl Myristate. I'll share details later.

John Difool

My Regimen
Reaction score
It's hard to say. Since you replaced spironolactone with a stronger AR antagonist and another MR antagonist, it would seem to logically follow that the only thing which was missing from the puzzle was the progestin. Maybe there is something to PPAR theory. Unless you had good results with spironolactone sans CPA in your second attempt, in which case there truly is some magical and until now unknown role which spironolactone plays in mediating hair growth.

Lots of girls on hrt using Bica are experiencing renasculinazation at some point even with female range E & T so there is this.

EDIT: I use mk677 and oral minoxidil with maximum water retention (ankles swallowing). spironolactone took care of that. Eplerenone did but to a lesser degree. I am on 200mg spironolactone I was on 100mg since it's much more potent.

As for progestin, I take Progesterone 200mg which puts me up there in terms of dosage.

Last edited:

polishkickbuttowski

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
My regimen (10 days 2ml bid)

WAY-316606 280mg WAY is always added first and warmed to 50°C in order to fully dissolve
Dutasteride 40mg
RU58841 2000mg
SM 30mg
Estriol 400mg
CHIR99021 40mg
Dinoprost 40mg
Bisindolylmaleimide I nope red powder
ASC-J9 none yellow powder
SW033291 40mg
TM 40mg (may lower to 20mg)
PGE2 40mg always added last to minimize degradation

I alternate SAG 30mg every 10 days.

I have to up DMSO to 8ml to dissolve WAY. I dissolve RU separately in Eth.

I also found a study showing benefits with higher OA and Isopropyl Myristate. I'll share details later.
Which of these besides dutasteride and ru have given you the best bang for your buck?

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
@John Difool How long have you been alternating SAG every ten days?

polishkickbuttowski

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@pegasus2 With all the work you've done do you think there could be a single product "cure" like everybody wants or do you think the "cure" is hitting every pathway possible like you're doing? If you had to guess. Also same question what's been the best value thing you've used outside of anti androgens or estrogens?

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
@pegasus2 With all the work you've done do you think there could be a single product "cure" like everybody wants or do you think the "cure" is hitting every pathway possible like you're doing? If you had to guess. Also same question what's been the best value thing you've used outside of anti androgens or estrogens?

A single product containing multiple compounds. You have to cut off androgens, but that alone won't reverse miniaturization. There are so many pathways involved, but maybe something targeting RSPO2/3 and shh would fully reverse it. So combine the three in one product and then you might have a functional cure. Shh agonists are probably the closest thing to a single compound cure that we'll ever have. If it could be used daily it would probably reverse most all hair loss, but it's not safe.

I noticed the most conversion of hairs to terminal after starting SAG.

polishkickbuttowski

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
A single product containing multiple compounds. You have to cut off androgens, but that alone won't reverse miniaturization. There are so many pathways involved, but maybe something targeting RSPO2/3 and shh would fully reverse it. So combine the three in one product and then you might have a functional cure. Shh agonists are probably the closest thing to a single compound cure that we'll ever have. If it could be used daily it would probably reverse most all hair loss, but it's not safe.

I noticed the most conversion of hairs to terminal after starting SAG.
I noticed your curis thread is quiet these days have you found anything else interesting with shh agonosts lately? Like something cheap that has a good effect lol