Hair Tape/glue Health Problems And Risks?

Nostab2

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone has any insight on what the chemicals in glue and tape can do to the body?

Does this get in the bloodstream?

Can it be toxic?

Anyone hear anything? The manufacturers do not have to tell us what's in the products

Reactions: Jae

TooBad

My Regimen
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone has any insight on what the chemicals in glue and tape can do to the body?

Does this get in the bloodstream?

Can it be toxic?

Anyone hear anything? The manufacturers do not have to tell us what's in the products
The manufacturers do in fact tell us what the ingredients are, as they are required by law to do so. Each product sold has an MSDS sheet that you can pull up.

Medically speaking 60% of whatever you apply to your skin is in your bloodstream and circulating within 26 seconds... . Circulating through every organ from your brain to your lungs to your kidneys Etc...

There have been no specific studies following people for 30 years and evaluating their increased risks of cancer with regard to hair system products. However, the fact Still remains that cancer is at an all-time high. Much of it Hodgkin's and Non Hodgkin's lymphoma, which is in the blood and through the lymphatic system. This is exactly what chemicals such as adhesives and Roundup can cause....

Any acrylic hair system MSDS safety sheet specifically States if it gets on your skin to immediately wash it off and remove your clothing. However we leave it on our head, which is the most vascular part of our body, for 7 to 30 days at a time.

Most all ingredients in acrylic adhesives are Class 2 carcinogen. This means they are likely to cause cancer. Not that they can specifically prove cause-and-effect like a Class 1 carcinogen. But it's very much likely and only one step away from being classified as a guarantee to cause cancer.

Last edited:

Nostab2

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So do you use these adhesives? What can be used in its place?

TooBad

My Regimen
Reaction score
So do you use these adhesives? What can be used in its place?[

Yes I do. There's nothing that can be used in its place to achieve the same results. Everything in this world is risk-reward...and Vanity is a deadly sin....

Nostab2

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So how many people use these on a daily basis? Why do we not hear about lawsuits? Hairclub complaints?

TooBad

My Regimen
Reaction score
So how many people use these on a daily basis? Why do we not hear about lawsuits? Hairclub complaints?

Just about everyone that wears a hair system attachedattaches with glue or tape.

Complain about what ?That you made a decision to use a product on your body?

You have full ability to research the ingredients and Associated risks.

As I stated before, cause and effect studies typically take 30 years to prove. That's why our Roundup is now a multi-billion-dollar lawsuit because people are coming down with lymphoma from exposure.

I'm not seeing where you're coming from.

We're all adults, we make choices....like I said everything is risk-reward. If you're willing to take the risk for the reward that's on you and you alone. Just like it's on me.....

TooBad

My Regimen
Reaction score
Also, is one safer than another?
Water-based white bonds, much like Elmer's glue is safer. However it does not work as well and turns white When you sweat.

History visit my other comment. Just like smoking doesn't cause lung cancer in 1 or 5 years but when you develop it after 20 or 30 years and they look back you find a root cause.

I don't mean this disrespectfully but anybody who thinks there's no risk at putting four to five industrial solvent-based chemicals on their skin... that are classified as level 2 carcinogens has way more problems than missing hair

Nostab2

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hair adhesive has been around longer than 30 years. I cant find one person saying they had adverse effects from the adhesive. Hair club uses this stuff in masses. At some point someone would had a problem based on your reply that it may cause health issues. I guess I'm wondering why no one had talked about this being a problem or a lawsuit never attempted on this

TooBad

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hair adhesive has been around longer than 30 years. I cant find one person saying they had adverse effects from the adhesive. Hair club uses this stuff in masses. At some point someone would had a problem based on your reply that it may cause health issues. I guess I'm wondering why no one had talked about this being a problem or a lawsuit never attempted on this
I respectfully disagree and your statement is not fact-based it is opinion.

Acrylic adhesives were imtroduced around 15 years ago for hair and they were not used to the extent they are today.

Again many people get lung cancer half smokers half not. How many people get lymphoma? many use Roundup frequently many not once. In life it is very difficult to prove cause-and-effect however you cannot ignore the obvious.

Saying it again in the nicest way possible anybody that thinks putting industrial chemical compounds that are class 2 carcinogens on their skin and thinks there's not a risk is a damn fool.

I'm here with you doing the same thing but I am not lying to myself about the risks.

People smoked for how long before the connection was made with cancer? How long was asbestos, silica, glyphosate, lead.... and so many other things used before the connection was made?

Here's another example. One of the biggest side effects of selective serotonin reuptake Inhibitors also known as antidepressants is loss of erection and impotency. Their multi-year study showed an extremely low rate of sexual side effects, under 5%. When in the real world it was closer to 75% Plus. This is because most men are not going to go around talking about their weiner not working. It's something they keep to themselves they don't want to discuss it, they don't want to admit it.

Same thing goes, when you go to the doctor feeling unwell and you're diagnosed with a form of cancer. Are you really going to say hey I wear a wig...is it's because I wear a wig?... There's lots of environmental factors that lead to cancer development. Known class 2 carcinogens are undoubtedly one of them but again cause and effect is not black and white.

Lack of information, lawsuits or complaints is absolutely not w evidence in assuming something is safe.

Seriously it's like saying my friend sleeps with andom promiscuous women for the last 10 years and never caught an STD.... Well guess what you can go out once and get it.

And the facts do not lie every time you do it your risk goes up and up and up...

Nostab2

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Ok, so the water based glues are better then? Is it goast bond? Please recommend the safest one. Is see the water based has Acrylate Copolymer. Is this bad?

TooBad

My Regimen
Reaction score
Also thank you for all your information
I'm not a chemist. I would have to look up that compound. Everything is on the internet from the CDC to the American Cancer Society to explanations of what each chemical consist of and what it is used for.

Yes, ghost bond is a water-based white Bond. Any glue that is white is typically water-based.

Nostab2

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
How long have you been using adhesives? You dont remove daily do you?

TooBad

My Regimen
Reaction score
A year... of course I do not remove daily... like I had said in the original reply: "We keep it on on our heads for 7 to 30 days at a time"