Hair Regrowth with Cannabidiol (CBD) - rich Hemp Extract – A Case Series (2021)

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
I want to believe this, but it's not very credible. First of all this guy is exaggerating his credentials. He may have been involved with Upjohn's minoxidil trial, but his name is not on the paper. https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/6384289/

The idea that cbd oil might regrow hair is nothing new, it's been tried before and some people have deluded themselves into believing it worked by growing their hair longer, but the evidence for that is underwhelming to say the least. There's no control group, are these men on finasteride and minoxidil? Why would you not have a control group? I don't even trust that these people aren't outright lying and using dermatch. They already exaggerated their credentials, and starting off with the words "This is a US Government Registered Study, found on ClinicalTrials.Gov" screams snake oil as the only purpose of this statement is to make the lay person think it has be completely legitimate when in fact it doesn't mean that at all.

Oppenheimer

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Pre-mixed balm CBD & Emu oil product here containing a slightly higher dose of CBD and some extra things that hopefully wouldn't be harmful to hair. Opinions?
"The preparation is said to contain 108mg of CBD per 2oz jar (~ 60ml)"

jake_b

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, hairlosscure2020 reached out to the Dr. behind this study and got a response

The doctor running the study claims to be the same doctor that ran the original finasteride and minoxidil clinical trials. He says that results are better than expected and the following changes were seen after only 3 months:

View attachment 163683
View attachment 163684

They plan on running the trial for a year.
I have never once seen the lighting the other way around, where they accidentally have worse lighting in the after photo. It’s always worse in the before.

fugged

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have never once seen the lighting the other way around, where they accidentally have worse lighting in the after photo. It’s always worse in the before.
There is always “worse” or darker lighting in the after photos, as shown here

Jakejr

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The 3 part mix of lanolin, emu oil, CBD will easily get to scalp follicles. The interesting thing is the different receptors in the hair follicle. There are cannaboid receptors & the research shows once a day at the lowest concentration elongates the hair shafts. I’m amazed anyone would research this, but apparently some pretty sharp researchers are. Also the pathways it uses is quite unique and shouldn’t interfere with minoxidil Finasteride/Duasteride use.
Also there was about 45 people in the study. Men & women. After 6 month one subject had 350% improvement. Another 275%. Average about 90-100% improvement. One had 0. Probably dropped out, didn't use product, or just didn’t respond. I read the study & the footnotes. It is quite complicated with all the receptors. There were references to the original minoxidil studies where some participants were getting 100% improvement which I never have & the different concentration they tried 1 %, 2%, 3% etc.
I think the lanolin base is a good idea to apply topicals to the scalp. My original question was why not use higher concentration of CBD to get higher results? But the research clarifies too much CBD triggers another receptor which kicks in to reverse growth.

CastorTroy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Update after a week am using sun oils cbd 1200 mg per 60 ml interesting observations
This stuff makes my scalp feel amazing all the time like it’s come alive I am using twice per day which does concern me about the higher concentrations being detrimental I have also seen other studies saying cbd Dow regulates the androgen receptor so even though it’s stunting the direct growth at higher concentrations maybe the anti dht effect could more than compensate for that?
for sure though this stuff has amazing anti inflammatory potential topically and before I tried this I thought cbd was kind of a scam

DuncanOP

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
There was one guy on reddit who tried CBD 3 years ago, seems like he failed?

There is a thread on here about a guy, who used CBD oil on his scalp. I checked his most recent video, he is bald.

I didn't see any difference from picture from right to left. Just the hair was wet and thrown forward lol.

By the way, I think this treatment not works or give just small result.

Oppenheimer

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Oppenheimer

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Update after a week am using sun oils cbd 1200 mg per 60 ml interesting observations
This stuff makes my scalp feel amazing all the time like it’s come alive I am using twice per day which does concern me about the higher concentrations being detrimental I have also seen other studies saying cbd Dow regulates the androgen receptor so even though it’s stunting the direct growth at higher concentrations maybe the anti dht effect could more than compensate for that?
for sure though this stuff has amazing anti inflammatory potential topically and before I tried this I thought cbd was kind of a scam
You are using way too much. You need around 100 mg of CBD per 60 ml.

fugged

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I remember reading something on hairguard maybe (?) that had some cautionary stuff about cannabis hurting hair can’t remember the details. Either way, we need people to document what they are doing and be concise and for an extended period of time or this will slide into oblivion like so many others.
so you’re following the advice of the study by using cbd and simultaneously going against their findings by using more than they recommend because you have a hunch it may all work out perfectly?

GravityBoots

My Regimen
Reaction score
As pointed out in a comment on hairlosscure2020 there are two studies here. The completed study that the OP cited:

"The topical extract was made of high CBD cannabis sativa (hemp) flower that had been ultrapulverized into a fine powder. This chalk-like green powder was independently analyzed by Cannalysis Labs in Santa Ana, CA. It was found to contain 10.78% CBD, and 0.21% THC, and there was no detectable THCV or CBDV. This powder was infused into a lanolin base paste and natural Emu oil carrier. Each 2 oz jar contained 1000 mg of the power, or 108 mg of CBD. The subjects were advised to apply thin layer of the paste over all bald or balding areas once each morning. The 2 oz jar lasted approximately one month, which is an average daily dose of 3-4mg of topically applied CBD. A hair count of the g (35 participants)"

And the ongoing study ( https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/record/NCT04842383) that it appears the pics are from. The following quote is from the Dr. Satino to hairlosscure2020 regarding the ongoing study: "This study has enrolled 45 men & women, and we now have fifty percent of our group reaching the 3 to 4 month mark. Just a couple of before and after’s[pics] in that group. I will let you know as we get further along.”

More on the ongoing study:
"topical hemp-oil extract that is high in varins (tetrahydrocannabivarin, (THCV) cannabidivarin (CBDV)) as well as cannabidiol (CBD). The topical also contains 3% peppermint oil. The subjects were given the topical free of charge. Subjects were randomly assigned to one of two doses, 500mg of hemp oil per dispenser or 1000mg per dispenser. Each dispenser lasted approximately one month, so they used either 1.7mg or 3.4 mg of hemp extract per day."

It appears that the big difference between the two studies and maybe the reason for possibly better results in the ongoing study and the early release of the pics (if you believe them) to hairlosscure2020 is the inclusion of the cannabinoids THCV and CBDV wich were not present in the completed study.

I don't get their math in the ongoing study though. The math on the first study seams easy (108 mg CBD/31 Days = 3.4mg day). In the ongoing study I would calculate that the 500mg hemp oil must contain a total of 52.7mg of cannabinoids to have 1.7mg a day for a month and the 1000mg hemp oil must contain a total of 105.4mg of cannabinoids to have 3.4 mg a day for a month. They don't mention those figures (52.7mg and 105.4mg) though. I don't know.

Do a search for THCV CBDV CBD oil and you will find it on the market.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
There was one guy on reddit who tried CBD 3 years ago, seems like he failed?

There is a thread on here about a guy, who used CBD oil on his scalp. I checked his most recent video, he is bald.

Just checked. He really did go almost completely bald after he started using CBD on his scalp

Ralph Wiggum

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Just checked. He really did go almost completely bald after he started using CBD on his scalp
Meaning it seems that he kept using it and it made his hair fall out or he stopped using it and his hair fell out because he stopped?

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
Meaning it seems that he kept using it and it made his hair fall out or he stopped using it and his hair fell out because he stopped?
He was sure it was working so he probably kept using it. I don't know, you can investigate further

DAVAT

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So who is doing this, as per the low concentration/emu oil study?

wilfred

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So who is doing this, as per the low concentration/emu oil study?
I just bought the spectral product with cbd as I was using another one of their other products anyway, which appears to be the same but with added cbd. It's 100mg cbd per 60ml...can someone tell me if the concentration is right? Thx