Hair Regrowth with Cannabidiol (CBD) - rich Hemp Extract – A Case Series (2021)

Oppenheimer

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Oh, and it's Cheap AF, you only need 108 mg of CBD /month!

Will start very soon with this project.

poopfeast420

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey guys, hairlosscure2020 reached out to the Dr. behind this study and got a response

The doctor running the study claims to be the same doctor that ran the original finasteride and minoxidil clinical trials. He says that results are better than expected and the following changes were seen after only 3 months:

CBD-Oil-Before-After-Hair-Growth.jpg

Hemp-Extract-Before-and-After-Hair-Growth.jpg

They plan on running the trial for a year.

Roeysdomi

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey guys, hairlosscure2020 reached out to the Dr. behind this study and got a response

The doctor running the study claims to be the same doctor that ran the original finasteride and minoxidil clinical trials. He says that results are better than expected and the following changes were seen after only 3 months:

View attachment 163683
View attachment 163684

They plan on running the trial for a year.
Lol the typical scam pic one with good lighting and other without direct lighting.

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score
Lol the typical scam pic one with good lighting and other without direct lighting.
If they took measurements correctly and accurately, it doesn't really matter in the slightest what the lighting looks like in the pictures. The bigger question is why no placebo group was included if this was in fact a US government registered study.

Jakejr

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The formula is pretty simple LANOLIN which is available at drugstore. It’s a light yellowish waxy cream. Usually in baby/mother section. I’ve never used lanolin before about $10, has some excellent skin properties.
2nd EMU OIL as I understand comes from a bird—carrier oil noted to help hair growth.
Pretty innocent so far &
3rd CBD. Study used a grounded powder & CBD oil is easy to get.
So get a little plastic container at dollar store & mix it together. VOILA!
You have it. Used once a day. Can use your Duasteride/Finasteride, minoxidil, RU or anything else at same time because the CBD growth mechanisms is completely different/ separate than those.
Now how can that hurt you?
The mixture is oily & yellow/brown so put a towel &/or plastic shower cap on to prevent any staining of pillows.
The study has references & footnotes to other research which I will finally read today. I’m interested in the part of too much CBD can transition hairs from the growing stage (anagen) to the (catagen) No growth stage. I’m not an expert, but it seems some of my hairs have been in a non growing phase for decades. As far as why there wasn’t a control group, valid question. But if control grew hair 100% thicker after 6 months than we have a new study. We can assume control wouldn’t do that. But that’s why there’s research.

fugged

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
CBD is a legitimate molecule, which was not only not available by prescription or otc a few years ago but straight up illegal. There may be reason to doubt the paper here, but just because cbd is “natural” or otc is not one.

zaman

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What would make me reluctant to give this a try is the potential to cause hair loss

partysnacks

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I wish they would have had controls. Formulating this with emu oil is a bit of a confounder as it has already been studied for its effects on hair. How do we know if the effects in this study are from the emu oil or the low amount of CBD?

Ralph Wiggum

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
These results seem a bit too good to be true. I wonder what the end goal is - are they marketing a product?
They mention that this is a government registered study, does that imply that it's peer-reviewed, etc? If they plan on continuing the study for a year is it normal to publish the results now?

Jakejr

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The one study referenced by Szabo of Hungary had the same info as stated lowest dose of CBD had best elongation rates. There was a control, .1, 1, 10 um
the .1 concentration showed significant growth over the control. 1 showed less growth. 10 was by far the worst.

Attachments

• 10823620-43FE-4655-98ED-C079401A5430.jpeg
    10823620-43FE-4655-98ED-C079401A5430.jpeg
    77.7 KB · Views: 100
  • 701FA943-7EFC-467A-96F3-88D9F22B3BD5.jpeg
    701FA943-7EFC-467A-96F3-88D9F22B3BD5.jpeg
    61.7 KB · Views: 102

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score

Pre-mixed balm CBD & Emu oil product here containing a slightly higher dose of CBD and some extra things that hopefully wouldn't be harmful to hair. Opinions?

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score
These results seem a bit too good to be true. I wonder what the end goal is - are they marketing a product?
They mention that this is a government registered study, does that imply that it's peer-reviewed, etc? If they plan on continuing the study for a year is it normal to publish the results now?
The journal you're viewing the study in is a peer reviewed journal, just not a higher quality one. It's a medical cannabis journal.

Usually interim top level results are released when they are overwhelmingly positive, like with this one.

CastorTroy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The one study referenced by Szabo of Hungary had the same info as stated lowest dose of CBD had best elongation rates. There was a control, .1, 1, 10 um
the .1 concentration showed significant growth over the control. 1 showed less growth. 10 was by far the worst.
Yes but I wander if that was cbd tested on in vitro follicle
Even if we apply high concentration on scalp ,
Very little will actually reach the follicle cells

wilfred

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Spectral has a CBD product already. I wonder if the concentration is right, or whether this even works. I'll try it out and report back.

It says 100mg of CBD per 60ml.

Last edited:

Capone

My Regimen
Reaction score